Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *buzz*
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Have you ever been attracted to somebody because of what they post.Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Hey, and aren't these posts the only 'food' one can chew on and chuckle ... add a bit of own mixture and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar (when necessary ) ... yes, 'food for thought' that in long run can make you feel even 'head over heel' ... and the 'food' is not enough suddenly.

Who doesn't love these charming avenues forums provide? Keep bouncing, keep being 'visible' and intruiging and spread good vibes
 tisme_susan
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Have you ever been attracted to somebody because of what they post.
Posted: 8/28/2006 6:48:14 PM

but then again now that this post is out there anyone you say hi to is gonna wonder if your secretly admiring them lmfao

Thanks dreamcatcher lol.....i'll keep it in mind....Although at the moment I'm not really secretly admiring anyone. But maybe if someone was secretly admiring me, drop me an email....
 *buzz*
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2006 12:01:19 AM
Definitely.
That's the way my favourites list has been created. Of course, they could remove themselves and that would be fine by me but I do hope that they also see from my posts that nothing attracts me more than their witty retorts, 'bon-mots' and 'food for thought' (because ladies are also on my favourites list).

Could this cyber attraction develop into something more meaningful? Surely it can ... if the 'tango is danced by '
 tisme_susan
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2006 2:24:10 AM
So has anyone here ever met and dated a fellow poster??
 50% off shoe sale!
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/30/2006 10:50:33 AM
hell yeh...
hello goldilocks....
 t-gurl
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/3/2006 1:44:20 PM
Several of the people in my favourites list are people I have "met" through the forums who I might not have otherwise "met" simply by cruising profiles. The more I can learn about a person, the better I can make a decision about whether I am attracted and seeing what they write is a perfect way to see what the person is really about.
 tisme_susan
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2006 6:10:35 AM
Since I've been posting in this forum, I have noticed that I am attracted to a couple of the guys. As others have previously said, profiles really don't cut it. Definitely find men more interesting and attractive after reading their points of view.. You really do see personalities shine in here...
 tisme_susan
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2006 5:40:38 PM
Don't agree with that longte...I'm sure most of us signed up in POF for dating etc....isn't that what attracts a person to a dating site, not a forum. I didn't know there was a forum in POF until I started snooping around lol. Forum is fun, and great way to interact with people though. without going into a chat room.
 tisme_susan
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2006 6:20:38 PM
As far as I've noticed on this forum site, most are looking for dates etc...At least that's how I've interpreted it...
 tisme_susan
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2006 12:52:00 PM
^^^^Same here jumpup...regarding the lists that is, not the psycho bit....lol

Don't know longte how I'd take it either, if someone wrote me a poem about a psycho!
 tisme_susan
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2006 4:55:15 PM
Thanks for clearing that up longte., her loss then Personally it doesn't bother me how I'm perceived via my posts......because as I say on my profile, what you see is what you get...
 tisme_susan
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2006 6:56:32 PM

thought everyone understood it was about favorite people?

I didn't, but now I do
 iceman3107
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/21/2012 9:59:32 PM
*interesting post*

Come say hello now ladies ;)
 kmac6
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2012 11:54:37 PM
I agree with Hilly to the point about what I find unattractive and some people have surprised me after having read their profiles. There they had seemed rather interesting. But then you never can tell until you meet in person and spend a lot of time with them.

The forums can give you an insite to what people are passionate about but that is about all.. Written text can be confusing and taken out of context.
 smothy
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/22/2012 1:57:43 AM
i took context out once
she slapped my face
probably due to a misunderstanding.
 gingerosity
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2012 2:40:34 AM
Better to be slapped taking context out than your intimation be left in doubt
 jb rumda
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2012 3:11:57 AM
one could easy get attracted to somebody in the forums to what they say, but for me i like to know i was talking or reading that persons comment , having said that, 8 out of 10 that person that turned you on is not the same in real life.sad to say.
 seafoodandeatit
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2012 5:04:20 PM
yes i have meet 3 nice girls from this site, it didnt go any where but it wa snice and we are still friends.
yes i read their profiles to see if they seem real/honest.
and No i do not think many girls read my profile as i am 110% honest in what i posted and
get very very few contacts or maybe its the photo? lol
 greyingred
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2012 9:52:19 AM
yup just found another...billy holliday, fats waller, satchmo, gardening, france. I am in an antipodean backwater lol. Remembered once a man who had the blackest sense of humour and most posters really didn't get it, thought he was being a right ar$e, he was such fun to have verbal bouts with...shame he got banned due to uptight, humourless egoists.
 greyingred
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2012 2:29:46 AM

^^^I think there is a line...
We 'adopted' him for a reason.

Am very un-english, queuing isn't for me. :-)

Had a wonderful time for a while emailing someone from here, quick witted, intelligent, even handsome for once...met him.....hrmmmm..think I will just stick to fantasy. How one be so interesting on paper and such a dullard in real life is beyond me.
 greyingred
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2012 11:59:19 PM
Thanks for re introducing me...as soon as heard Misty took me back to my father and his extensive record collection. Will say though that Billy Holliday is blues not jazz.
 MrsNaamah
Msg: 61
Posted: 10/29/2012 6:03:59 PM
I've been attracted to particular writing styles, and sometimes really like the [snapshot of the] way someone thinks... but not silly enough to think that means I'm attracted to the person. He's long gone but I used to love Whitegold's forum posts. But he's even better on facebook cos his circle of friends think/write just like him so the effect is multiplied.

most posters really didn't get it, thought he was being a right ar$e

Maybe your right arse detector is malfunctioning? Left one looks ok.
 errant71
Msg: 62
Posted: 10/29/2012 9:35:14 PM
BF ... if you like Billie, bet you'd like Madeleine Peyroux, a French-American blues artist.

OT ... yeah, I'm attracted to people who can write ... especially from down under.
 greyingred
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2012 2:41:39 AM

Maybe your right arse detector is malfunctioning? Left one looks ok.

classic.!!!!.....trouble is the old motto of turning the other cheek is no longer an attractive option.
 Moon_Rocket
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2013 6:11:25 PM

Nope...because im shallow as a puddle and only look at peoples photo's. :-)

So at least you are honest. (Well about profiles anyhow?)
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  >