Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kevinmach
Msg: 46
The Pay Dating Sites are a ripoffPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

Kevinmach, I think this observation makes for a good 'Let's ask the ladies' thead, wouldn't you think?

LOL, I'm game. Fire it up.

Actually, there was a thread in there recently where a guy had a great date with a girl, and got a similar response at the end, and was then blown off (sounded much like that date you had, and a few I've had). I did make of point of saying that in the thread... that open-ended comments/texts/emails that essentially thank you for the date, with little or nothing else, are definitely not a good sign. Probably not in 100% of cases- but from what I've personally experienced and what I've heard, that seems to be the norm.

The ladies did not correct me.
 Timothy25
Msg: 47
The Pay Dating Sites are a ripoff
Posted: 12/31/2007 8:23:26 AM
I am starting to distrust the pay sites as I might look to see what sites are pay sites and what sites are free.

I think that con artists have taken over some sites that were completely free and than they became pay sites. Maybe the success stories are fake. Allot more computer dating when I was in my later teens than there is today. Maybe because most sites now are pay sites and today most people for real on the pay sites are not paying them as for distrust.

I think that Many of those for real on match.com or yahoo personals if they go seeking again should come onto this site.

I have been getting a lack of hits and no replies back on pay for free sites. Maybe those pay sites when they were free were allot more responsive.
 Timothy25
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/31/2007 11:22:19 AM
Taking a bus home that can at times take too long or even take up time at home was the result for me into online dating.

I stay with this site or OK Cupid. I tried webdate.com and never a response.
 3ClubMonkey
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2008 12:02:00 PM
That was really profound.
 stormtree
Msg: 51
Posted: 1/11/2008 2:07:17 PM
Your message is loud and clear OP. To pay $50+ for a site that does remove "extinct" members or you can have to wait to see who is a match is a bit absurd.

I must admit I've tried a couple of te international sites and many seem to play similar games. I was on CherryBlossoms for a while and I found that at least 70% of people would eventually ask for money or try some other "scam approach.

Many of the international tours sites also seem to be listening the same people. Has anyone tried a Romance Tour. I know you pay for them but I've actually read some good things about a website called A foreign affair. Anyone heard anything else about the international sites?
 lovepursuit
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2008 4:09:03 PM
Concerning your brothers problem with not qualifying for E-Harmony.com
To qualify for E-Harmony you MUST BE RELIGIOUS!!!!
Their screening rates you for how religious you are. If you don't measure up to their standards of religion you are disqualified.

Humiliating to say the least, and at least an hour of your time is wasted in the process!!!
 UnfinishedStory
Msg: 55
Posted: 1/11/2008 4:16:09 PM
That's odd. I've had really good luck on match.com and had a couple of dates that really worked out--one ended up a long term friend that is very dear to me. loveandseek.com also resulted in two very close friendship that grew out of dating. However, this site has the most people in my area and the degree of compatibility has been good to very good. I like that the owners simply use advertising to pay the bills on this one and loveandseek.com (a christian dating site) had the most invasive billing policies and seemed to constantly be trying to get more cash. Ha ha, the irony of it. Anyway, I like it here and think that the forums make it even better.
 Timothy25
Msg: 56
Posted: 1/11/2008 6:16:05 PM
Maybe I will stay with this site. I used to use date.com and even American Singles.

They should on all of the free dating services have a report a concern feature on the profiles if we suspect that they are fake.

I wouldn't come onto this site if I hadn't been into Internet dating or Internet friends.

Maybe the success stories that are fake are set up by pay sites. People really have gotten married with success of eharmony. I know someone who's in the landscaping business who found his girlfriend on match.com.

I never want to get married. I only want long term relationships and that's why I would never try eharmony.

I even tried OK Cupid.
 naeco
Msg: 57
Posted: 1/11/2008 6:34:34 PM

and the goodlooking women on this pof are stuck up if they really do exist.

Well, women who read this on your profile will sure appreciate that thought.
 can_handle
Msg: 58
Posted: 1/11/2008 7:09:08 PM
I happen to agree with post #1 &2. I have been on pay site found a few freinds had a lot more date that the women represented them self truthfully and seem to really want to meet someone. Now it may be the area I live in or just the women in my area.
I have found on this site unless you are are or willing to be a male chick with d!@k most women here will not talk to you. They want a girlfriend who can take care of their need's Lets see if this post gets deleted before morning they all seem to anymore somebody dont like the truth or men.
 Timothy25
Msg: 59
Posted: 1/11/2008 7:09:41 PM
Those who are fake should be arrested because that's forgery. It's also abuse to the site.
 Timothy25
Msg: 60
Posted: 2/5/2008 5:57:28 PM
1. We banish anyone who is extremely rude, has anger management issues, uploads fake pictures or is otherwise unfit to date.

2. Unlike traditional Dating sites we don't put a pay wall between you and everyone you try and contact.

3. Social Dating is all about giving you tools you need to help YOU find someone. Traditional Paid Dating sites care about the exact opposite, raising prices and trying to keep you around longer. If paid dating sites gave you what you wanted they'd go bankrupt.

4. We delete and banish scammers, its easy to do. Traditional Paid Dating sites have little interest in deleting fake profiles because they could convince you to pay for the service.

This is a reason to not use pay sites anymore.

I don't think that the pay sites care whether or not we find that special someone. Greedy crooks might've taken over them. They should be shaped up by better people while those greedy crooks go to prison on fraud charges.
 drambuey
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2008 11:25:36 PM
It's not a negative attitude its a fact. IF you compare it to this one.
 drambuey
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2008 11:40:45 PM
Stop worrying about those other sites . Your safe now
they can't hurt you now. OR CAN THEY . If only we could prove some of the stuff that they do. Maybe we could sue for our money back. I wonder if we could send them a message to join us here.
 Timothy25
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/13/2008 9:55:56 AM
I think that crooks and con artists have taken over the dating sites. Either the better people take them over or they get shut down as of no trust for newer employees and CEO.

I distrust all pay sites now.
 EthanHawke
Msg: 66
Posted: 2/21/2008 8:35:19 AM
Expert at writing profiles? The first thing I noticed about yours is the excessive length. There are very few women here (or anywhere else) that will want to read all that. I actually took the time to read it because I wanted to see just how "great" it was for myself and possibly give you some constructive criticism...
You have WAY too much [bold]bold[/bold] text all over the place which totally smacks of "trying way to f-ing hard" - total turnoff for most women. The overall tone of your profile makes you sound pompous and self-centered (to be honest). Also, your profile pic is not that great. I am not saying you are unattractive. You should trying using one without the pre-beard/'stache. The cleaner look will generate more interest. Also, the tagline "World Class Computer Expert" is quite a buzzkill for many women, even if you are the next Bill Gates or Steve Jobs.

Just my $0.02, I hope it helps you improve your profile and find someone great :)

Good day Leo!
 Timothy25
Msg: 67
Posted: 2/21/2008 12:38:34 PM
I lost trust in all pay sites. I also use OK Cupid. That's a free site.

I think that the pay sites don't care whether or not we are successful they just care about their money.
 Timothy25
Msg: 68
Posted: 3/3/2008 4:42:57 AM
Has anyone ever reported match.com, eharmony or yahoo personals to the Internet Crime Complaint Center? I heard that people reported true.com to them. Even the Texas attorney general and better business bearau.

We should even report adult friend finder and fling.
 Irishbabe45
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2008 8:04:25 AM
Well, I was a paying member on Yahoo.personals and the only way I had communication was if the other member was a paying customer. I was on it for three months, and cancelled.

However, I am finding a lot of jerks on POF, all they want is sex, and I just recently had a meet where the guy lied about 80% of his profile. I also have ones that post ancient pictures.

I am a single honest female on this site, and have to weed through all these people but instead of stating women are making a game of the free sites, the men should stop making this site as their cheap sex site and playing their games as well. It is free and there are both sexes out there making these sites a game, so it ruins it for the serious ones out there looking. So you have to beware! and Be ready to be duped. Some good advice, don't make an expensive eloborate first meet. Then you will have lost nothing but time.
 ladyc4
Msg: 73
Posted: 3/3/2008 10:28:12 AM
@fuzzt22A
Your customer service for your CC may be able to help you. If not, since you are stuck with it, why not use it? Although I no longer use any sites but this one and Yahoo(and yes I pay) and I have not met "the one" I have met a lot of nice people and made some great friendships...
Cindy O
 Timothy25
Msg: 74
Posted: 3/3/2008 11:46:05 AM
Did any of you meeting the jerks report them? I would. This isn't fair to those who have reasons for online dating.
 ladyc4
Msg: 76
Posted: 3/3/2008 11:59:17 AM
Did any of you meeting the jerks report them?

unfortunately jerkism and cranial rectosis are not ethical ,criminal, or moral offenses that would merit any dating siter administration taking action.
Financial scamming, threatening or violent behavior, finding your last contact on the local sex offender registry,seriously misrepresenting marital status,those would be reportable issues.
Getting in your pants and then losing your number, trying to wheedle sex on the first date, claiming to be divorced when actually only separated,those are all jerk behaviors but do not violate any laws or cause harm/danger to other people. "Reporting them" would be a waste of time.
Cindy O
Cindy O
 Timothy25
Msg: 77
Posted: 3/3/2008 6:57:06 PM
There are people who lie about thier ages or genders and that's forgery. Those are people to report. There are married people lying about being single.
 Timothy25
Msg: 78
Posted: 4/29/2008 6:17:26 PM
This thread is being updated. I don't think that yahoo personals or match.com are pure rip offs like adult friend finder and other sites like true.com.
 gabuddie
Msg: 79
Posted: 11/10/2011 6:01:08 PM
This ripoff site is now trying to make me pay to read my email. I will post it everywhere! Don't do it!
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >