Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > How much would you pay to never have your heart broken again?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bazooza
Msg: 1
How much would you pay to never have your heart broken again?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Hey all!

Doesn't dating seem exciting, then exhausting, then painful? Don't you go "How did I not see that before?" after getting disappointed by someone or even broken hearted? Don't you ask yourself "How do I read between the lines in someone's profile to find a quality relationship?" Coming up is a book "Online profiles X-rays" that shows the so-often-missed red flags and immediate deal-breakers found in profiles. How much do you think this book is going to be sold for?
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 2
How much would you pay to never have your heart broken again?
Posted: 8/30/2006 9:49:09 PM
^^ just wondering what do you mean by disappointed? Also what sorts of things did they let you down in? Do you have an example maybe?
 mrrabbit13
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2006 10:05:10 PM
I won't read the book even it costs nothing.

Everybody know the exact way to prevent a heart broken - keep your heart in a safe place, never let it out... It is a matter of choice, everything you do involves risk...
 Inga007
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/30/2006 10:55:18 PM
I would render both my beautiful eyes, if i knew for sure i would never have my heart broken again....... But with love there is NEVER a guarantee, promises shwamises! The only guarantee is with oneself, and loving yourself first.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/31/2006 9:45:38 AM
Ok, to answer the OP question, I would not pay for a book that tells me that. I would much rather prefer a good friend who can help me and show me some tips or guidlines on the "red flags" that I have to look for. I mean I have a pretty good idea myself I feel with regards to if it will work out.

I have been hurt and dissappointed , it happened with my last date that took place in June and I 'thought' that we had a good chance but then I realized I should have given it more time, because it really pays off to get to truly know a person and whether or not they have integrity. I was dissappointed and hurt after the meeting we had and the drive home was a long and hard one. I did go into a minor down mood since then but am getting better now and am willing to date again. But yeah I know the feelings. I would say it would be best if all people were just honest about what they say about themselves on the profile and keep integrity because it is very dissappointing when it happens otherwise and you feel like you wasted your time. Just be open and honest and say what you are like and admit if you have issues of some kind or inconsistencies with regards to what you say and then what you actually do, I mean sure it is never easy, but it does develope ones character and that is crucial. Also if you say you are non judgmental or non supeficial, then just be that way....it's that simple.

So yeah I know the hurts and pains , the insults, feelings of rejections etc , and I would suggest , just have an open mind and make sure that YOU are a person of integrity who is accepting and who is someone that another person of good values and morals would like to date. So in other words try to be the person you want others to be. Thats what I do, and it gets alittle tough , and you have to go through some abuse and insults, misunderstandings and disrespectful comments, and put downs, but I feel in my heart that it will pay off at the end. But it does take patience and just knowing yourself and being cool.

I realize that if I were to be like them and lets say...be narrow minded, or mean, or insultive as some others are, that would really stain my character and how I would view myself and it would not help matters at all but only mess things up even more.
 ashleymp
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/31/2006 7:32:50 PM
I would pay ANY price to get the heartbreak over with. But, I do know, theres no guide to "why all me do this" or "why all women are like that". We're all different and unique. So I'd take a look at the bookstore.... and maybe wait til the library gets a copy to read it.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > How much would you pay to never have your heart broken again?