Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dressing too young      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 damselinnodistress
Msg: 26
Dressing too youngPage 2 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Sassy
I havent and won't read your profile so I have no idea how old you are. You are deriding a 70 something year old woman wearing shorts and a tank? In Florida no less? Would you rather she wore granny skirts, hats and tops?,that were sweltering? Seems a wee bit superficial to me. I am now 51 and have came to the realization that I look better in skirts to my knees as compared to minis, but that is MY choice. I do occasionally watch what not to wear... the bbc edition and they are cruel but the results are amazing. You can cover up skin but you can't cover up a soul.
 AgelessWonder
Msg: 27
Dressing too young
Posted: 8/31/2006 3:09:33 PM
This thread is too funny! Wanda you crack me up! Others saying they get turned off by fat, I don't think the question was "Dressing to young, does it turn you off?" LOL Well don't look! geeze. Society is bad enough without having to tell others how to dress so it will be easier to the eye. Wear sunglasses then! LOL

Lighten up folks

Bowled Over
Msg: 28
Dressing too young
Posted: 8/31/2006 4:00:02 PM
Obviously the wrinkled old lady doesn't see the "pressing need" either....

"And I don't see a 'pressing' need for Clothes Police.."

sorry... just HAD to!
 flsoldier
Msg: 29
Dressing too young
Posted: 8/31/2006 4:13:46 PM
Pretty much ditto to what everyone else said.

If you don't like it, don't do it yourself.

I really see no good coming from the concept of all of us wearing brownshirts...

Colin

EDIT: It's really all about the Chuck Taylors and I will NEVER give them up!
 OpheliaBonMot
Msg: 30
Dressing too young
Posted: 8/31/2006 4:20:22 PM
When I'm 70, I hope I will be wise enough to wear my red Chuck Taylor converse high tops with a pair of Mickey Mouse capri pants and a bright pink t-shirt with 'Foxy Lady' spelled out in rhinestones on it if the mood takes me, and not give a rat's behind who likes it.
 AgelessWonder
Msg: 31
Dressing too young
Posted: 8/31/2006 4:29:27 PM
LOL Ophelia, I'm with you! And if someone don't like my Winnie the Pooh shirts and earrings, so be it
 prwtlf
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Dressing too young
Posted: 8/31/2006 5:06:36 PM
I am sorry I am 50 and I am gonna wear jeans til i die, tight ones at that, I like em they are me, I am not gonna turn into my granny wearing double knit, sorry it is not gonna happen
 mysassyself
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Dressing too young
Posted: 8/31/2006 5:12:31 PM
Currently wearing my Wonder Woman t-shirt and my blue Chucks. And I am content.
 crazylegs311
Msg: 34
Dressing too young
Posted: 8/31/2006 5:49:58 PM
At this age I dress for me or to embarrass my kids.
 Realist59
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Dressing too young
Posted: 8/31/2006 5:55:48 PM
I'd like you to read my post again Wanda. Maybe I didn't make it clear enough that I could not care less what you or anyone else wears, and that I wear whatever I want as well.

I think that realistically, people can get an impression of others from what they wear, whether that's fair or not. You may have choosen not to accept that, but I'd like to state quite emphatically that I am not someone who feels superior to another person because of what they wear. With a wardrobe like mine it would be hard to imagine me feeling superior to a hobo.

When you said "as for your magazines" were you inferring that I should take ownership for what they publish? I didn't say I agreed with any of it.

You seem to have quite a strong opinion about this, which is great, but I'd appreciate it if you look over your post a few times and think how it might be taken by others when you are commenting on one of mine. I do care what others think of me because it affects how we relate to each other in the future. Thank for considering this.
 wanda1fish
Msg: 36
Dressing too young
Posted: 8/31/2006 6:46:26 PM
lmao ^^ are ya nuts? .. lighten up ... i'll do as i please .. walk on all fours if i please .. i'll sing out of key .. and hum out of tune .. and i'll talk gibberish if i wisherish ... and i figure i can speak my opinion like anyone else .. but ya aint gonna make me reread something that was painful enough the first time!!! lol .. sheesh .. blahblahblah ...

i'm almost 50 .. blahblahblah ... so far we still live in a free country .. we can wear what we please when we please .. and i fully intend to wear white after labour day .. btw legs ... can i dress to embarass your kids too? .. lol ...

there are soooooooooo many more important things to worry about than what i think, do, see, feel or say ... which about sums up how i feel about fashion conscious personas ... zzzZZZZ ...

i like what bette midler said .. something like .."once you wipe out what makes you unique .. all thats left is a yawn..." btw ..i don't recall the exact quote ... so pleeeeease dont turn me in to the misquote police ... nooooooooooooooo ....

now .. i gotta go find someone with a frikkin sense of humour ..

wanda
 AnnudderVoice
Msg: 37
Dressing too young
Posted: 8/31/2006 7:25:10 PM
Dressing too young?

Everything goes full-circle.

You start in diapers, and many end in diapers.

Of course, that Depends.

Annudder
 dawn1114
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Dressing too young
Posted: 8/31/2006 7:51:14 PM
Bah! I wear short skirts, and don't care if anyone thinks they're "too young" for me. I like them.
 crazylegs311
Msg: 39
Dressing too young
Posted: 8/31/2006 8:02:44 PM
btw legs...can i dress to embarass your kids too? .. lol ...

Most certainly, Miss Wanda I wouldn't want it any other way.
 bobby7
Msg: 40
Dressing too young
Posted: 8/31/2006 8:07:14 PM
"Bah! I wear short skirts, and don't care if anyone thinks they're "too young" for me. I like them."

I certainly haven't heard any complaints about your short skirts, Dawn..

Nor, am I complaining...You look good...
 betterallthetime
Msg: 41
Dressing too young
Posted: 8/31/2006 8:13:16 PM
I find that recently I have taken to wearing less hair, and more dunlops.......(my belly done lops over my belt).
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 42
Dressing too young
Posted: 8/31/2006 8:22:59 PM
...how I dress depends upon how I feel about myself on that particular day. If I'm feeling on top of the world then I tend to wear bright colours, flirty skirts, something that expresses how I'm feeling. If I'm down, then I tend to wear more subtle colours and styles. I love skirts and dresses, but give me my jeans on the weekends.

...maeflowers
 Halfevl333
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Dressing too young
Posted: 8/31/2006 9:00:02 PM
OK this ranks right in there with the infamous "Why don't you act your age?" Crap. What is wrong with someone dressing young? If they want to dress young more power to them. I refuse to start wearing my bermuda shorts up around my armpits, wearing ugly sport shirts, and wearing white knee socks and loafers just because i am 55 years old.

People keep telling me to act my age...well mentally I feel like I am a teen ager so therefore I am acting my age... True, the old body kind of goes a bit slower but hey I refuse to be "old"... Besides, where is the list of things I am supposed to be acting and dressing like? I have yet to find a list that says "55 Year Old's should be acting and dressing as follows:"

Some people need to get over themselves and let people be and do whatever they want to...and wear what ever they want to...

I am working on building a relationship with a lady who is 50. In talking, she wears super short, tight shorts (butt cheek showing), mini-skirts, and loves to show her body off... She recently entered a Wet t-shirt contest and came in second... And I love it... she is a totally cool lady and as far as I am concerned the sexier and less she wears the better...

Realist59
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Dressing too young
Posted: 8/31/2006 9:17:42 PM
Hey, check out the "I got to ask.....low cut jeans and muffin tops" in the Ask a Girl forum for a laugh.
 turkeymel
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Dressing too young
Posted: 8/31/2006 10:00:40 PM
there is a woman in my office who is in her 50's and tries to dress like her daughters who are in their early 20's (including their sized clothing which shows her flaws since she is not sized properly) - my mother on the other hand thinks that I should wear only black body covering attire to look my best - the 60 year old on the beach in a bikini bathing suit accentuating her flabby skin is not doing her any justice - what people dont realize is that there are ways to dress fun and youthful without doing it like the kids - I buy the built in bra spagghetti strap tops and wear a jacket over them to wear something fun - everyone needs to find a happy medium that works for them but ultimately you just have to be happy and comfortable with who you are and since we live in a day in age where anything goes find a flattering style and color that works for you and go with it - dont worry about what the old or young are wearing - think about what you like and looks best on you
 AgelessWonder
Msg: 46
Dressing too young
Posted: 8/31/2006 10:23:17 PM

the 60 year old on the beach in a bikini bathing suit accentuating her flabby skin is not doing her any justice -

Maybe that 60 year old could care less what others think about her, and she may like her flabby skin to get suntanned! Whose business is it anyway? Not everyone on the beach is there to attract the opposite sex!

SittingAlone
Msg: 47
Dressing too young
Posted: 8/31/2006 11:53:00 PM
Had to jump into this one, my opinion is that as long as one dresses in accordance with the occassion, who is to say what is too young, or too old. I have my younger clothes, and my work suits, okay, so some of them are shorter, lol. I also have some more age appropriate clothing. I even own a few " june cleaver " dresses, for the rare time when they are called for.
 canyunflyer
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/1/2006 1:20:25 AM
I have stopped wearing speedos. ha. But give me a pair of shorts, a tank top and some river sandals... and I'm dressed.

I aggree there is an 'over the top' definition that I think most of us would aggree with, when it comes to dressing age inappropriate.... but, thee is a whole lot of leeway in between and around that. I will give a big thumbs down for the butt cracks... the saggy tits showing...the rippling fat bulging out of too small clothing... and... If someone happens to see me in a pair of those huge baggy pants with the hip pockets down to the knees and lots of fake chains all over them.... please, rip them off of me, and kick me right in the ass. ha. I'll still take a snug pair of 501s... or wranglers!
 davidpb
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/1/2006 11:01:01 AM
Hi, I have to agree with you sassy. Yes, I understand you are in Florida, and the people there dress more casual. Whether you call it dressing too young, or by some other name, I know what you mean. When I see what people are wearing, it tells me something about them. What does it tell you, what does it tell me? For a old man or woman to dress to appear young, it tells me maybe they are not ready to accept being old looking. For a younger person to dress to appear older, tells me that they are trying to appear older then necessary. I will also include, that there are pateant's taking place in North America, where our children are all dressed up to look absolutely not their age. Go figure that one out. Just because a person wants to wear whatever they want, does not make it right. Might as well not wear anything any more, to some people. What ever happened to " What ever I have, is only for you to see" Now it is, "let the whole world see" .
 Born~Sly
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/1/2006 1:08:58 PM
I have never been a cloths freak or went with fads.

So as long as I still have the legs and butt I was blessed with I gonna show them.
And wear the same clothes I've always enjoyed.

I'm not indecent & it brings on a lot of smile so I don't see a problem.

Sly
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dressing too young