Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dressing too young      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bobby7
Msg: 76
Dressing too youngPage 4 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Heck..Maybe we wouldn't be typing, either...
 justann
Msg: 77
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/2/2006 6:12:08 PM
Bea Arthur: "Maude", and the tall, Senior daughter on "Golden Girls".
 wanda1fish
Msg: 78
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/2/2006 6:57:20 PM
of all the threads that get deleted .. this one is still weaving a flimsy suit ..

i am sooooooooo grateful for people who see the heart .. not the frikkin package! ..

wanda
 bobby7
Msg: 79
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/2/2006 6:59:11 PM
Packaging is only important if you're sending something by mail or courier..
 wanda1fish
Msg: 80
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/2/2006 7:01:49 PM
whats it cost to send organ meat?

wanda
 bobby7
Msg: 81
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/2/2006 7:02:57 PM
I'll check..Have an address in mind?
 wanda1fish
Msg: 82
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/2/2006 7:09:01 PM
was that ... do i have a dress in mind?

smarta$$
 bobby7
Msg: 83
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/2/2006 7:14:59 PM
Jeans would be nice..Now, where did you want that package delivered to?
 eye4light
Msg: 84
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/2/2006 11:36:13 PM
Sheeezzzzz….my first thought is why in the world do you even care about what other people wear?

It’s their body; they’re not hurting you. In fact, maybe they don’t particularly like the clothes you wear.

I’ve actually noticed the opposite effect is at least as common. That is, people dressing as if they are older than they really are. I’m often surprised to find many people whom I thought were much older than me are actually way younger than me simply because of their style of clothing (well, maybe some lack of activity and “old” thinking play a role too). But if that’s the way they like to dress, who am I to tell them to change?

As for me, I’m over 50 and I’m more often than not wearing jeans or some other casual attire and no one is complaining that I’m dressing too young. In fact, I think it is often inappropriate to wear constricting “old folks” clothes that impede your ability to keep active which in turn causes you to age more slowly.

I think we should all be more timeless (age is relativity with a number) and stop being offended by stranger’s clothing. There are too many other, more important, issues in this world.

So again, so what?

That’s what I think.

eye4light
Msg: 85
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/2/2006 11:45:41 PM

Maybe we all should wear our birthday suits, LOL. then we wouldn't be having this discussion!!

AgedWonder, I like that idea but somehow I think the author of this thread would be even more offended by that.

BTW - You know, I think this country has gotten a lot more conservative and uptight about being naked than they were back in "our day" when nude bathing was still legal in many places. Funny how things go in cycles.

alipallyoops
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/3/2006 7:29:15 AM

Dressing too young?

Everything goes full-circle.

You start in diapers, and many end in diapers.

Of course, that DEPENDS

Annudder

Oh I just couldn't let that one go uncommented -

Bugger it I wear what I like
and if you don't!!!

I dress like a 'goth' mostly when I go out - my friends call me queen of the night LOL. Why do I like black - cos everything co-ordinates and I can't be a***d bothering with that stuff
 shore66
Msg: 87
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/3/2006 11:00:14 AM

If they dress to please themselves only and don't mind showing off their body, warts, stretch marks, pot belly, excessive hair, wrinkles, cellulite, knobby knees, scars, and all then they're saying I've accepted myself as I am and don't care what others think. Which is great for them, but some people do get turned off by it...

The world, and the enjoyment of it, are not reserved for the young and the beautiful. People who are turned off need to deal with their problem, and not expect others to adjust their own ideas of fashion and comfort to avoid offending those with such delicate sensibilities.
 AgelessWonder
Msg: 88
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/3/2006 11:06:49 AM
My sentiments exactly Shore66. And... it makes me wonder if the ones doing the complaining dress all the time to turn people on.. hey that may not be a bad idea, could bring in more fishies
 AgelessWonder
Msg: 89
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/3/2006 11:11:07 AM
eye, it was legal??

BTW - You know, I think this country has gotten a lot more conservative and uptight about being naked than they were back in "our day" when nude bathing was still legal in many places

You mean I did all that skinny dipping and the excitement of it thinking it was illegal and it was legal??
 OpheliaBonMot
Msg: 90
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/3/2006 6:47:45 PM
Interesting point, eyeforlight. Perhaps the underlying issue of this thread is our society's fear, disgust and abhorrence at growing old. No one wants to see wrinkles, or less-than-taut muscles. "Oooh, yeck, it's gross!" Why? We all have to try to look 20?
 bobby7
Msg: 91
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/3/2006 7:06:51 PM
Hey, OBB, I will look at whatever I'm allowed to look at..Some fine lookin' ladies here, that I could look at for a good long while..'Til shower time!

An' according to their photos, the dress well too!

BTW..I love your nick name..just too tired to type it, what with lookin' at all the photos..
 eye4light
Msg: 92
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/3/2006 7:59:37 PM
BTW - You know, I think this country has gotten a lot more conservative and uptight about being naked than they were back in "our day" when nude bathing was still legal in many places

You mean I did all that skinny dipping and the excitement of it thinking it was illegal and it was legal??

AgedWonder, it was legal where I grew up. San Diego, California, with one of the best-known nude beaches was officially sanctioned by the city as a "clothing optional" beach for many years (marked as such with city signage) in the 1970s before the religious conservatives made the city change it to a non-legal nude beach, after which time the police ignored the ruling and just patrolled the beach for real criminals, leaving the peaceful nude people alone, also for many years.

At it's height of popularity estimates of some 15,000 people gathered on Memorial Day. They even had a nude parade there. That's a lot of nudity. And the good thing was that it tended to have different groups of people in different places - the regular crowd was the biggest at the south; the gays had the north end a couple miles away; and in between was the sparsely populated section with a mix of straights and bi's and unknowns, most of whom were very friendly. You could be part of the masses or you could find your own secluded piece of paradise.

As an aside, I had a good friend who was a strikingly beautiful model-like girl who made the guys melt. Unfortunately for them, she was gay. During the summer, she and her girlfriend would take a summer break from college in another state to come home. They would make an ice box full of sandwiches and sell them all in about 15 minutes to guys who thought they might score with a presumable "straight" girl.That’s the way they funded their summer-long vacations there.

Times have changed since the conservatives took control. But it is still one of the most beautiful urban beaches because there is nothing urban about it. The 500-foot tall cliffs keep any view of encroachment hidden and the five miles or so of beach are pristine and unaltered.

Funny how the younger generation thinks they are always more experienced than the older generation, eh.

BTW - Sorry to put a damper on your thrill but maybe it really was illegal where you were swimming.

bobby7
Msg: 93
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/3/2006 8:04:05 PM
We have a beach here, in BC, where nudity is permitted, and women may walk with their breasts bare in Ontario.

The place is called Wreck Beach..it can be found on google..
 northlandrealty2005
Msg: 94
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/3/2006 8:55:39 PM
I wear whatever feels comfortable. If it's hot...then you show more skin.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 95
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/3/2006 10:38:20 PM
So tell me eye4light, were you one of those peaceful nude people that the police left alone haha. I can honestly say that I have never skinny dipped in my life....thats out of my comfort zone.

...maeflowers
 puertoplata
Msg: 96
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/4/2006 12:58:47 AM
What not to wear,think about it,enjoy
1)nose ring and bifocals
2)spiked hair and bald spots
3)pierced tongue and dentures
4)miniskirts and support hose
5)ankle braclets and corn pads
6)speedo's and cellulite
7)belly button ring and gall bladder surgery scar
8)unbuttoned disco shirt and heart monitor
9)midriff shirts and midriff bulge
10)bikinis and liver spots
11)short skirts and liver spots
12inline skates and walker
and last,but not least...personal favorite
13) thongs and depends
 wanda1fish
Msg: 97
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/4/2006 8:08:55 AM
1)nose ring and bifocals > SO? .. i know a 17 year old with bifocals .. your point?
2)spiked hair and bald spots > SO .. i've seen many a shaved head with spikes on top..
3)pierced tongue and dentures > who said anything about piercing my tongue? and so?
4)miniskirts and support hose > how bout no hose? .. (i need no support!)
5)ankle braclets and corn pads > wow ... my anklet looks sexy to the men who see it ..
6)speedo's and cellulite> exercise might get rid of that cellulite ..
7)belly button ring and gall bladder surgery scar > why not pretty up a scar?
8)unbuttoned disco shirt and heart monitor > worrying about b.s. causes heart problems!
9)midriff shirts and midriff bulge > .. a bulge isn't always a bad thing (at this age!) lol
10)bikinis and liver spots ... > places that don't require tanning oil!
11)short skirts and liver spots > .. you seem to see a lot of spots!
12inline skates and walker > get there faster!
and last,but not least...personal favorite
13) thongs and depends > ... wow .. what age group are You talking about? and i never wore a thong! .. ok once .. immediately i knew it wasn't for me .. i spend too much time digging things outta that crack .. i'm not filling it on purpose!!! lmao ..

i am almost 50 .. i wear a bikini .. and if i must say so myself .. i wear it rather well! .. beyond that .. what the helk!? .. some people are just tooooo concerned about the exterior .. i say "So What?!!" ..
liver spots! lmao .. .. and not one mention of crows feet! lol .. i also have a "wicked a$$" .. and i am not going to let someone who's 'age shallow' tell me to put on those baggy old lady drawers no frikkin way .. i'm keepin my daisy dukes til I get tired of fighting to zip them up!!!

thank god we don't all age like the plata !!!

wanda ... dressing to suit myself .. now if i could just see me walkin away!!!
.. life is just too short to worry about acting aged ... bunjeeeeeeeeeeeee anyone?
 goodoldgal
Msg: 98
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/4/2006 11:22:20 AM
(quote:i kinda like to leave something to the imagination).MY THOUGHT ALSO. i like to dress for the enviroment i'm in,i wouldn't wear t-shirts out to a relatively nice diner,nor would i wear dress pants to a country-western club.i do however like some trend styles,but i like fashion that doesn't bcome dated,being a woman myself,i hope this isn't taken wrong,it's everyone's choice,but older gals trying to wear clothes for women 20 -30 yrs younger displays low self-confidence and esteem and possibly a hidden fear of aging,i think the same of men that dress this way too.get real guys the real young chicks don't care so much about the duds,as the money!! JUST ANOTHER PERSONAL OPINION,GO AHEAD AND SAY IT SUCKS.
 wanda1fish
Msg: 99
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/4/2006 11:31:00 AM
nah .. i don't think in my case you can say i have a fear of aging! lmao .. i love my long Grey hair .. every bit of it .. and i love my crows feet .. they show i've laughed .. and i suppose they show i've cried too ... I've had an incredible trip .. i'm twice as old as i "was" supposed to be and half as old as i want to be ... no fear of aging here .. i hope i continue to do so for a very long time .. with My attitude!!
I think worrying about what other people think about the way one dresses is a sure sign of someone who hasn't got self confidence or self esteem... i personally think i look quite hot in my daisy dukes with my long greying hair blowing in the wind! i drive some people nuts because i just don't care for anything but comfort where clothes are concerned ... ya wanna believe theres a lot less skin in february than there is in july!! .. i love walking barefoot on the trails .. in the woods .. a lot of the time i'm in the middle of nowhere ... so it really matters only to me what i wear . .. i pretty much carry that attitude into the "civilized" world ... whether the inmates like it or not!!

wanda
sorry bout the rant ... i was bored...
 betterallthetime
Msg: 100
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/4/2006 11:37:18 AM
again trying to stay within the rules here by not mentioning any names, but "daisy dukes" do look good on some gals, especially slim, goodlooking ones with long hair ( I like gray hair, no matter what color it is!). There is no such thing as dressing too young, unless you are running around in diapers....oh, wait, some of us seniors do that too, but we usually wear clothes over'em. I'm just wondering, though......how much protection them daisy dukes give you when you fall out of that tree??
Again, trying to stick to the topic....no such thing as dressing too young...dress for yourself, not the rest of the world!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dressing too young