Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dressing too young      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 goodoldgal
Msg: 76
Dressing too youngPage 4 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
(quote:i kinda like to leave something to the imagination).MY THOUGHT ALSO. i like to dress for the enviroment i'm in,i wouldn't wear t-shirts out to a relatively nice diner,nor would i wear dress pants to a country-western club.i do however like some trend styles,but i like fashion that doesn't bcome dated,being a woman myself,i hope this isn't taken wrong,it's everyone's choice,but older gals trying to wear clothes for women 20 -30 yrs younger displays low self-confidence and esteem and possibly a hidden fear of aging,i think the same of men that dress this way too.get real guys the real young chicks don't care so much about the duds,as the money!! JUST ANOTHER PERSONAL OPINION,GO AHEAD AND SAY IT SUCKS.
 wanda1fish
Msg: 77
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/4/2006 11:31:00 AM
nah .. i don't think in my case you can say i have a fear of aging! lmao .. i love my long Grey hair .. every bit of it .. and i love my crows feet .. they show i've laughed .. and i suppose they show i've cried too ... I've had an incredible trip .. i'm twice as old as i "was" supposed to be and half as old as i want to be ... no fear of aging here .. i hope i continue to do so for a very long time .. with My attitude!!
I think worrying about what other people think about the way one dresses is a sure sign of someone who hasn't got self confidence or self esteem... i personally think i look quite hot in my daisy dukes with my long greying hair blowing in the wind! i drive some people nuts because i just don't care for anything but comfort where clothes are concerned ... ya wanna believe theres a lot less skin in february than there is in july!! .. i love walking barefoot on the trails .. in the woods .. a lot of the time i'm in the middle of nowhere ... so it really matters only to me what i wear . .. i pretty much carry that attitude into the "civilized" world ... whether the inmates like it or not!!

wanda
sorry bout the rant ... i was bored...
 betterallthetime
Msg: 78
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/4/2006 11:37:18 AM
again trying to stay within the rules here by not mentioning any names, but "daisy dukes" do look good on some gals, especially slim, goodlooking ones with long hair ( I like gray hair, no matter what color it is!). There is no such thing as dressing too young, unless you are running around in diapers....oh, wait, some of us seniors do that too, but we usually wear clothes over'em. I'm just wondering, though......how much protection them daisy dukes give you when you fall out of that tree??
Again, trying to stick to the topic....no such thing as dressing too young...dress for yourself, not the rest of the world!
 horselady48
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/4/2006 11:37:37 AM
Dressing to suit one's own style & to flatter one's own shape & size is the most important element of looking good. There's no such thing as dressing "too young" or "too old" as long as it is tasteful & suits the wearer well."
 Plumwine
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/4/2006 1:27:34 PM
Great answer~horselady Excuse me~I have earned every wrinkle, scar, bump and dent!! Gee~I sound like a used car I refuse to wear shirts with sleeves because I have "old" arms....those are the arms that have held many babies, friends and loves...I am proud of them!! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and there is no one with a "perfect" body over 50 I spent 50 years doing what others thought I should do As an adult woman I will dress to suit myself...for those of you this offends....DO NOT LOOK
 Sadie415
Msg: 81
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/4/2006 9:27:02 PM
It's true, older people are letting their hair down. Something they would have never thought of doing 40 years ago. Because of their active lifestyles, they are healthier, living longer, and something we can expect to see more of. Yea, I look when I see their stuff hanging out everywhere. The condition of their bodies is forthcoming for me, and I'am curious. My concerns are with the sun worshippers whose skins are so dark and wrinkled from the sun. But what the heck, they're already aware of skin cancer and it's causes. What bothers me more is when I see a woman's slip showing, or talking with a man nonchalantly and his tie is on crooked.
 Sadie415
Msg: 82
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/4/2006 10:12:27 PM
So long as our moms and dads are not wearing a bikini or speedo at a family reunion or graduation party when they're 85, we should all be ok.
 charlie_girl
Msg: 83
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/5/2006 2:22:00 AM
So where's the "What not to Wear" room.

Hey crazylegs, believe it or not, it's in the forum vault. True! One of our esteemed forum posters started such a thread about 7-8 months ago for both men and women and it is absolutely hilarious!

Even though all the fashion magazine models are mostly girls in their teens, I don't choose to dress like one. I try to use good sense in what I'm wearing and what I wear is comfortable for me. In my daily lifestyle, I prefer tees with either shorts or jeans. I do enjoy dressing up; but again, I don't try to do the teeny-bopper prom queen thing.

eye4light
Msg: 84
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/5/2006 12:26:54 PM

So tell me eye4light, were you one of those peaceful nude people that the police left alone haha. I can honestly say that I have never skinny dipped in my life....thats out of my comfort zone.

Mae, I'm shocked that you would ask such a personal question of someone who happened to be a young man just going to the beach with several of naked girlfriends.

I would never have done such a thing.

Of course I always averted my eyes and wore long clothing as I passed through the thousands of "peaceful nude people that the police left alone" to get to the water.

The fact is that I was only innocently making the long difficult climb down the big cliffs to find a few good body surfing waves. That's all. I was absolutely not interested in the stress-melting feeling of coming out of the cold ocean to lie to down in the hot sun as its warm rays penetrate my skin and melt my bones to relax me into a semi-dream-like state with naked girls lying on either side. Oh no no no...I would never have done such a thing. Uh-uh. Not me..nopeā€¦.never...no way.

In fact, I have absolutely no knowledge of what that would even feel like. None. It was...uh... just...a wrong turn. Ya, that's it - a wrong turn. I just got lost. Meant to go to a more conservative beach.

Whew. Did I save my reputation yet? That was close.

t-gurl
Msg: 85
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/5/2006 1:02:41 PM
^^^^ It is for me
 wanda1fish
Msg: 86
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/5/2006 1:06:24 PM
Quoting Eye4light: "Of course I always averted my eyes and wore long clothing as I passed through the thousands of "peaceful nude people that the police left alone" to get to the water."

Speaking for myself ... "I on the other hand averted nothing!"

wanda

eye .. you can still save your reputation (with me) .. if you simply retract the vast majority of that weak attempt at obviously unnatural conservatism!

phew that was a mouthful!

(and of course a frikkin joke! sheesh)
 OpheliaBonMot
Msg: 87
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/5/2006 1:30:45 PM
Poor eye4light! I, too, have found myself in the unfortunate situation where a freak accident (rogue wave, riptide) resulted in my swimming attire going missing. I applaud your ability to make the best of the day without focussing too much on your lack of apparel.
 Enchanted..
Msg: 88
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/5/2006 2:24:46 PM
LOL It is like food ,,,, If you dont like it Dont Eat it ,,,If someone is beautiful and young and dresses sexy woman get angry ,,If you are too old and dress too young ,Woman get upset...I believe a confident happy man or woman should wear what they like , what makes them feel beautiful , because the end result is how they feel , Not how you Feel ..If you dont like it ...Simple >>>>Dont look ,,, oh yes and do remember to stand in front of a mirror the next time you think you are dressed appropriatly ,,God forbid someone doesnt approve;)
Smile ,,,everyone is beautiful.....Even us old woman :)
Angelz...
 WhenIFallinLuv
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/5/2006 5:40:55 PM
I was waiting to put air in my tires at gas station. The car in front was a 50ish looking woman with fru-fru heels and low rider capri pants. As she squatted down next to the tire, not only was her crack exposed but she had butt-muffin! I was so embarrased for her.
 AgelessWonder
Msg: 90
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/5/2006 5:45:39 PM
I was wondering that too. butt-muffin?? huh?
 wanda1fish
Msg: 91
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/5/2006 7:01:53 PM
ya know what folks .. i think we have a winner!!! perhaps "butt muffin" is a term of those much younger than "most" of us and so perhaps to wear "butt muffin" is indeed to dress too young!
that or we might not want to know what it is!!

wanda... or frank .. i never know anymore ..
 AgelessWonder
Msg: 92
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/5/2006 7:18:30 PM
Some things are better left unsaid!!! LOL
 AgelessWonder
Msg: 93
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/5/2006 7:27:30 PM
LOL Bobby, you checked Google??
 betterallthetime
Msg: 94
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/5/2006 7:28:08 PM
Butt Muffin, I'm not sure, but ask Harry S. He might know the answer!
 wanda1fish
Msg: 95
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/5/2006 7:34:59 PM
Perhaps one of you gentlemen should email ~ WhenIFallinLuv (the originator of the term) and ask her! .. i know i'm not emailing a woman about any butt muffin!!! lmao

wanda
 AgelessWonder
Msg: 96
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/5/2006 7:35:54 PM
LOL Wanda, I just looked in the mirror and don't see no muffins there!!
 wanda1fish
Msg: 97
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/5/2006 7:37:09 PM
lmao AW .. do ya know what you're lookin for ? .. cuz no one else can figure out what the heck a butt muffin is!!! it almost sounds like it belongs in the thread about "terms of endearment!" lol
 AgelessWonder
Msg: 98
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/5/2006 7:43:02 PM
well I know what a muffin looks like! and one with raisins, maybe that's it, raisins sticking out?? huh? ok, looking again
 AgelessWonder
Msg: 99
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/5/2006 7:48:26 PM
eeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkk is right... nevermind, I didn't do it anyway!! I don't want to have nightmares tonight
 wanda1fish
Msg: 100
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/5/2006 7:55:53 PM
ok .. i can't believe i actually went looking! .. butt i did! .. i think the young lady meant muffin butt .. apparently it is an actual term .. meaning that ones butt resembles the top of a large muffin .. .. i didnt make it up .. i'm just reporting it!

sweet dreams!!!

wanda
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dressing too young