Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dressing too young      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wanda1fish
Msg: 76
Dressing too youngPage 4 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Perhaps one of you gentlemen should email ~ WhenIFallinLuv (the originator of the term) and ask her! .. i know i'm not emailing a woman about any butt muffin!!! lmao

wanda
 AgelessWonder
Msg: 77
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/5/2006 7:35:54 PM
LOL Wanda, I just looked in the mirror and don't see no muffins there!!
 wanda1fish
Msg: 78
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/5/2006 7:37:09 PM
lmao AW .. do ya know what you're lookin for ? .. cuz no one else can figure out what the heck a butt muffin is!!! it almost sounds like it belongs in the thread about "terms of endearment!" lol
 AgelessWonder
Msg: 79
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/5/2006 7:43:02 PM
well I know what a muffin looks like! and one with raisins, maybe that's it, raisins sticking out?? huh? ok, looking again
 AgelessWonder
Msg: 80
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/5/2006 7:48:26 PM
eeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkk is right... nevermind, I didn't do it anyway!! I don't want to have nightmares tonight
 wanda1fish
Msg: 81
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/5/2006 7:55:53 PM
ok .. i can't believe i actually went looking! .. butt i did! .. i think the young lady meant muffin butt .. apparently it is an actual term .. meaning that ones butt resembles the top of a large muffin .. .. i didnt make it up .. i'm just reporting it!

sweet dreams!!!

wanda
 AgelessWonder
Msg: 82
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/5/2006 8:06:37 PM
Thanks for clearing that up Wanda, now I can sleep tonight after I look
 t-gurl
Msg: 83
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/5/2006 8:33:18 PM
Whoops, too late. I was going to say it's probably when the flesh (either the front or the back) bulges out and overlaps like the top of a muffin over the paper cup.
 eye4light
Msg: 84
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/5/2006 11:07:10 PM

wanda1fish -

Quoting Eye4light: "Of course I always averted my eyes and wore long clothing as I passed through the thousands of "peaceful nude people that the police left alone" to get to the water."

Speaking for myself ... "I on the other hand averted nothing!"

What? Were you ogling me…I mean…uh…those people down there? Oh, Wanda, Wanda, Wanda…

eye .. you can still save your reputation (with me) .. if you simply retract the vast majority of that weak attempt at obviously unnatural conservatism!

Oh I do so want to save my reputation but, alas, I really am a conservationist.
Save the Ovis canadensis cremnobates! Save the pupfish! Save Condorito!

OpheliaBonBon -
Poor eye4light! I, too, have found myself in the unfortunate situation where a freak accident (rogue wave, riptide) resulted in my swimming attire going missing. I applaud your ability to make the best of the day without focussing too much on your lack of apparel.

Thank you, Ophelia. I’m soooo glad someone understands that it’s not our fault but the invisible freaks who are the cause of so many unfortunate clothing accidents.

I guess we will never fully know the extend to which so many a muff and butt have been inadvertently exposed by rogaine and reptiles...er, I mean...rogue waves and riptides.

OpheliaBonMot
Msg: 85
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/5/2006 11:09:58 PM
The callous cruelty of nature should never be underestimated.

And on that subject, god forbid naked old people should be allowed to gallivant on a beach where someone might see their less than taut skin and less than firm buttocks. It should be outlawed, I say.
 AnnudderVoice
Msg: 86
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/6/2006 3:32:52 AM

god forbid naked old people should be allowed to gallivant on a beach where someone might see their less than taut skin and less than firm buttocks.
I don't suppose you have a wicked weasel somewhere, Ophelia, do you?

But I have enough trouble with the morning mirror.

Annudder
 Mominatrix
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/6/2006 9:36:31 AM
I am thinking you could perhaps be dressing too young, if you insist on wearing diapers and a bib to work. Those Smurf rompers can be confining at the office.

I see men and women in their 70's at the nudist resort. No one cares. It's warm here in Southern California in summer, why should we wear nuns habits in 100 degree heat?

Since when did the world belong to the young and firm exclusively? Oh yeah, the media says so.

I will wear my low cut tops, black fishnets, stilleto heels, and short skirts until I die. It will probably be from falling off the heels and hitting myself in the head with my 80 year old pendulous breasts.
 OpheliaBonMot
Msg: 88
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/6/2006 11:17:05 AM
am thinking you could perhaps be dressing too young, if you insist on wearing diapers and a bib to work. Those Smurf rompers can be confining at the office.

LMAO!

I don't suppose you have a wicked weasel somewhere, Ophelia, do you?

No, but I have an irritable ferret. Will that do?

P.S. "Wicked weasel"?!?!
 Blueberryslingin_vixen
Msg: 89
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/6/2006 12:00:58 PM
Of course its possible to dress too young .. i mean really .. i can't imagine someone my age wearing diapers ... but then .. depends ...

vixen
 AgelessWonder
Msg: 90
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/6/2006 4:39:10 PM
Three piece bathing suit = two shoes and a hat...

Now that is funny!

I wear shorts and really don't give a hoot what other people think of my legs! If they don't like it, don't look But I have been told I have nice legs. I don't care as long as they work!
 eye4light
Msg: 91
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/7/2006 1:35:05 AM

According to Susannah and Trinny of Not What To Wear (British version), the closest thing any women should wear to shorts are capris. They said that on Oprah.

Sheezzzz… do women actually listen to that kind of bone-headed advice? I guess some do.

As an aside, I have a niece who spent a few years in Zimbabwe with the Peace Corps. In the bush, of course, bare breasts were not viewed with the outrage that they are in the so-called western developed countries. What is considered nasty and prostitute-like though is exposing the backs of a woman’s knees. No shorts for women there...or capris.
 mermanus
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/7/2006 9:19:10 AM
Who would want to dress the way these young folks dress anyway? Bellbottoms? Khakis?, Pants hanging off yr ass? Timberlands? Paris Hilton skirts and berets? To be fair, Ive always dressed like my dad and my uncles anyway so Im in no danger of being mistaken for Generation Y or even X. I like wearing loose-fitting linen in the summer and sportcoats and overcoats in the cooler months. I only wear sneakers in the gym or when Im doing a lot of walking in the city.

Im seeing alot of older women wearing tighter more fashionable clothes, shoes and hair styles. Some of it looks good but most of it looks silly and desparate. Now throw in tattoos, body piercings and those crazy fingernails and top it off with some botox and now it looks ridiculous.
 OpheliaBonMot
Msg: 93
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/7/2006 1:09:59 PM
Susannah and Trinny of "What Not To Wear" should be flogged with a spaghetti-strapped tank top until they promise to go away and leave people alone, the evil cows. They're so awful and condescending. And I don't think their ideas are great, they just want to cover everyone up.

Same attitude as the OP here; we don't want to see you, you're old, you're imperfect, yeck, cover up, act your age. *sigh*
 sd92029
Msg: 94
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/7/2006 2:54:03 PM
I think there are two different things going on here one is people who dress too young...someone dressing in clothes or styles designed for someone 20 or more years younger..and then people that just dress badly for their body type or age. now there are always exceptions to every rule, so I guess it comes down to whether you think you'e exceptional or not????
 suzanne36_lkn
Msg: 95
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/7/2006 2:59:51 PM
I'm imagining SassySweet standing at the entrance to the public beach with a clipboard in hand, checking off the 'appropriate attire', asking for ID to make sure they are legally young enough to wear whatever, and a ruler in hand to make sure the hem lengths are age-appropriate.
Makes ya wonder if she let that hot young guy with the bulging six-pack abs and tight butt get away with the speedo....
 OpheliaBonMot
Msg: 96
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/7/2006 7:51:50 PM
I'd like to see everyone stop holding themselves and the world to some unrealistic beauty standard while hating ourselves and others for not meeting it. I'd like to see less judgement and more acceptance in the world, and among our sisters. Okay, and our brothers.

I'd also like to see a new Mercedes in my driveway, but...oh, well. Nice thought.
 AgelessWonder
Msg: 97
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/7/2006 8:19:41 PM
I agree Ophelia, and I wear what I want, so who cares if someone doesn't like it, they don't have to look.

OK....I guess it all depends on whether you have a great body image no matter what age or size or whatever.......so I say go for whatever turns your crank.....but...please look in a mirror and take off the rose colored glasses.....

Body image in whose eyes? If you are 50 or 90, and you dress for you, who cares? I sure don't! More power to em
 OpheliaBonMot
Msg: 98
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/7/2006 8:50:19 PM
Actually, I don't think people have the right to hand me their opinions on what I'm wearing or what I look like unless:

1) They're my mother, or

2) I ask them.

I say, if you don't like it, then don't look, but keep your comments to yourself.
 eye4light
Msg: 99
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/7/2006 11:13:42 PM
Who would want to dress the way these young folks dress anyway? Bellbottoms? Khakis?, Pants hanging off yr ass?

Wow, mermanus, that sounds exactly like the clothes that young folks wore when you and I were that age.

The older generation hated our clothing back then too.

nikitaa
Msg: 100
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/26/2006 4:43:56 PM
oh!!! this is a touchy one for me...if anybody DARE hide my jeans and jacket on me i'd freak!!!!jeans and jean jacket that's what i wear and i'm comfortable in them so there!!!! leave me alone already
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dressing too young