Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dressing too young      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sistermary
Msg: 151
Dressing too youngPage 7 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

Susannah and Trinny of "What Not To Wear" should be flogged with a spaghetti-strapped tank top until they promise to go away and leave people alone, the evil cows.

I had a visual of that happening. I will be snickering all day over that post!!!!! love it!!!
 sd92029
Msg: 152
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/7/2006 2:54:03 PM
I think there are two different things going on here one is people who dress too young...someone dressing in clothes or styles designed for someone 20 or more years younger..and then people that just dress badly for their body type or age. now there are always exceptions to every rule, so I guess it comes down to whether you think you'e exceptional or not????
 suzanne36_lkn
Msg: 153
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/7/2006 2:59:51 PM
I'm imagining SassySweet standing at the entrance to the public beach with a clipboard in hand, checking off the 'appropriate attire', asking for ID to make sure they are legally young enough to wear whatever, and a ruler in hand to make sure the hem lengths are age-appropriate.
Makes ya wonder if she let that hot young guy with the bulging six-pack abs and tight butt get away with the speedo....
 Bionic Woman
Msg: 154
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/7/2006 3:55:48 PM
Well I dressed young today. The first time in a long time I dressed like i did before puberty, I worked outside with no shirt on OR BRA, OR NOTHING
IN Canada it is legal, to wear no shirt, and when I WAS A YOUNGSTER, I NEVER WORE A SHIRT. (MOST PEOPLE DONT, BUT A GAL WON IN COURT IT WAS LEGAL)

SO YES I DRESSED YOUNG TODAY WITHOUT A TOP

HAD A FEW HORNS BLOW LOL AND YELLS WHEN I WAS OUTSIDE WORKING LOL

DID NOT SEE ANY CAR ACCIDENTS LOL
 sunshine2tan
Msg: 155
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/7/2006 6:47:09 PM
why is dressing without a top considered a "young" decision? It is a decision that all of us can make no matter what age. The topic is dressing to young...not "undressing".
 blueiss2
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/7/2006 7:37:27 PM
I think you should dress, tastefully, and that can mean sexy too. Victoria Secrect isnt cheap, by cost or by looks, and if you look and feel good in whatever you wear, wear it. I,m a size 4-6, depending on the lable, and I look good enough not to be scared to come out of the dressing room, for a change. To wear a short skirt, which isnt real short, feels and looks good, if I do say so my self, and I,m probably the only 1 who does, but dont care. I look slim in jeans, and dont care what any 1 else thinks. If they button, and zip, and I can sit, there on Now getting them off, is another story, but while there on, I do look good, even in the mirror. What more needs to be said Lisa
 WhenIFallinLuv
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/7/2006 7:39:37 PM
When a woman wears tight, low cut pants, the fat that spills out over the top & sides resembles a muffin top. Same look from behind, but there was a plumber's crack too
 sunshine2tan
Msg: 158
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/7/2006 7:48:17 PM
OK....I guess it all depends on whether you have a great body image no matter what age or size or whatever.......so I say go for whatever turns your crank.....but...please look in a mirror and take off the rose colored glasses.....
 OpheliaBonMot
Msg: 159
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/7/2006 7:51:50 PM
I'd like to see everyone stop holding themselves and the world to some unrealistic beauty standard while hating ourselves and others for not meeting it. I'd like to see less judgement and more acceptance in the world, and among our sisters. Okay, and our brothers.

I'd also like to see a new Mercedes in my driveway, but...oh, well. Nice thought.
 AgelessWonder
Msg: 160
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/7/2006 8:19:41 PM
I agree Ophelia, and I wear what I want, so who cares if someone doesn't like it, they don't have to look.

OK....I guess it all depends on whether you have a great body image no matter what age or size or whatever.......so I say go for whatever turns your crank.....but...please look in a mirror and take off the rose colored glasses.....

Body image in whose eyes? If you are 50 or 90, and you dress for you, who cares? I sure don't! More power to em
 sunshine2tan
Msg: 161
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/7/2006 8:32:50 PM
Body image in my eyes.....if your eyes says that your body image is worthy of what you decide to wear...then that means go for it...but do not expect others to feel the same about your body image....If you dont care....it will show.....fight for your right....but expect opinions.....
 OpheliaBonMot
Msg: 162
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/7/2006 8:50:19 PM
Actually, I don't think people have the right to hand me their opinions on what I'm wearing or what I look like unless:

1) They're my mother, or

2) I ask them.

I say, if you don't like it, then don't look, but keep your comments to yourself.
 eye4light
Msg: 163
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/7/2006 11:13:42 PM
Who would want to dress the way these young folks dress anyway? Bellbottoms? Khakis?, Pants hanging off yr ass?

Wow, mermanus, that sounds exactly like the clothes that young folks wore when you and I were that age.

The older generation hated our clothing back then too.

nikitaa
Msg: 164
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/26/2006 4:43:56 PM
oh!!! this is a touchy one for me...if anybody DARE hide my jeans and jacket on me i'd freak!!!!jeans and jean jacket that's what i wear and i'm comfortable in them so there!!!! leave me alone already
 nikitaa
Msg: 165
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/26/2006 4:46:13 PM
By the way i do have other clothes for special occassion....woudl't want you think otherwise,,,,
 aNgeLiCbLoNdiE
Msg: 166
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/27/2006 12:36:31 PM
I think it's more a matter of what looks appropriate on that person's body VS age
 AgelessWonder
Msg: 167
Dressing too young
Posted: 9/27/2006 3:12:05 PM
I think it is personal, people of all ages can wear what they want to wear, and if someone doesn't like it, don't look
 FeatherHues
Msg: 168
Dressing too young
Posted: 11/14/2008 9:38:07 AM
Living in the hot south, my summer wardrobe consists of t-shirts shorts and flip-flops... my winters consist of jeans,t-shirts, and flip flops until my feet get cold...lol
Ive always worn exactly what "I" feel comfy in.

Although Im now 49, my body doesnt look like it. Ive ben told that I have the body of a 30 year old...but that really doesnt matter, I know that one day it wont look that good...so what?.....
I will continue to wear what I like to... Now, in saying that, however, when I get where it parallells with geesh, I really cant wear this anymore, then I will cover up a bit more .

My son at age 30, will look at me coming in the home with my short shortie shorts... and tell me to go back to my bedroom and change clothes... and I always here the words.."MOM! GO Change! You picked your shorts before the were ripe.
LOL....
Only because he feels like he needs to protect me from drooling men... which doesnt bother me at all...hehehheeee
But I do think that as we age, maybe we should be a little more decent in covering up what doesnt look so good anymore.

Ive been a "people -watcher" for years, and tend to think when I see a woman showing too much when she is older, that maybe that apparell doesnt look as "becoming"..
in saying that, we do need to carefully dress ourselves so that we look nice,and not apear to be trying to be an age that we aren't anymore...
To Each His or Her Own.
Until I feel like my Buttocks is sagging...or my Breaticles are sagging, or the skin under my arms are falling... I will wear what I want to, feel comfortable in what I wear.

If others dont like it... and judge me... then I say.... Look the Other Way!
and get a life.
 Libby333
Msg: 169
Dressing too young
Posted: 11/14/2008 10:10:58 AM
^^I am a firm believer in dressing in what comforts you and makes you feel good. You are a dead ringer for Jane Seymour in my humble estimation.
 abby156
Msg: 170
Dressing too young
Posted: 11/14/2008 1:07:59 PM
The only thing I wear that might be considered too young is low riser jeans, I cannot find mid rise jeans anywhere and Im not ready for elastic waist band jeans
 redarcangel
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Dressing too young
Posted: 11/14/2008 1:25:28 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^........................................

What some may call "dressing too young".. may not be a matter of age appropriateness at all.

It may just mean inappropriate dressing.. period.

No matter what the age.

I know.. I've seen some teenagers that should never have thought they looked "appropriately" well.. in lycra/spandex. Tube tops/biker shorts. Yet.. some still wear it/them.

Some teenagers under the age of sixteen.. shouldn't wear anything close to a micro-mini-skirt.. as they look inappropriately.. (un)dressed.. in them. Yet.. some still get away with wearing them. (Hello.. parents.. guardians.. anybody watching them?)

Some women (fill in the blank on the age part here__).. shouldn't wear low-cut clothing that shows off their cleavage.. when they haven't got any. Those that tee-shirts.. may suffice for bras. Yet.. they wear these tops/dresses as well.

To each.. their own.

I don't bother worrying about what others wear.. unless.. their flaunting whatever unflattering clothing options they chose.. right in my face. Then.. and only then.. do I care.

And.. this is what I do.. and walk away!
 WindRoper
Msg: 172
Dressing too young
Posted: 11/14/2008 1:26:36 PM
I'm so short that low rise IS medium rise on me. I swear! If I don't try on before buying I wind up with a waistband around my rib cage. Or, as my daughters say -- "Mom-butt much?"
 redarcangel
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Dressing too young
Posted: 11/14/2008 1:50:17 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^....................................

!

Me too WindRoper!

Even if the label states petite.. I run for the hem tape!

I know I'm either gonna be stepping on it.. or slipping the waistband ( of skirts mostly)under my bra! I can turn a skirt.. into a sundress with noooooo problem!
 V-Star Lady
Msg: 174
Dressing too young
Posted: 11/14/2008 2:17:25 PM
Ah, yes, I remember laughing until I cried, with my daughter,about a pair of underpants that came up so far I could have puts cups in them & had an all-in-one!
Over the last few years I think I had become a "frumpy" dresser. Then my daughter & I went to Fashion Bug. They were getting ready to have a fashion show. I volunteered to join in fun. So glad I did. The manager of the store found a cute outfit for me to model. I had so much fun. I'm 60 & had never done anything like this before. They had me wearing clothes I would have said were way too young for me, but I got so many compliments. I bought some outfits like the one I modeled. I don't feel at all uncomfortable wearing them when I go out. As others have said, if you don't like the way I look, turn your head!
 WindRoper
Msg: 175
Dressing too young
Posted: 11/14/2008 2:20:23 PM

a pair of underpants that came up so far I could have puts cups in them & had an all-in-one!

Oh! I think I hurt myself!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dressing too young