Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dressing too young      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 redarcangel
Msg: 201
view profile
History
Dressing too youngPage 9 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^..............................

Sorry V-Star Lady..

... I was busy checking for cdnguy in that speedo.. wooooohooooooo!!!!

Besides.. I have my own strings.
 Its Better Together
Msg: 202
Dressing too young
Posted: 11/14/2008 11:47:19 PM
I am 50 years old and I have two daughters..one is 18 and the other is 20. We all wear each others jeans and dress pants. Same goes for shoes and boots.
I wear them because I can pull it off without looking like I'm trying to dress like a teenager.
Seriously...would you rather see me in elastic waist polyester pants and a pair of orthopedic shoes??
 redarcangel
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Dressing too young
Posted: 11/14/2008 11:59:09 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^....................................

Well.. It's Better Together..

.... only if elastic waist polyester pants and a pair of orthopedic shoes make you feel comfy.

Me? I'd live in my jammies.. if I could. Now.. that's pure comfort! Awwwwwwwwww!
 sugar62law
Msg: 204
view profile
History
Dressing too young
Posted: 11/15/2008 4:34:49 AM
At 46 my sister (32) says that I dress too old.... Haven't figured that one out yet as I am basically a jeans and nice shirt girl.... And even tho I recently lost some major weight, I still do not think the "muffin top" is appropriate.......JMHO
Just think tho ladies....in a few years we can all join the "RED HATTERS" and where the most outlandish, garish, foo foo we want.....and have a blast doing it....

Sugar
 Childlike Wonder
Msg: 205
Dressing too young
Posted: 11/15/2008 6:08:00 AM
I don't think I'll ever be a red hatter, lol. I recently had a job change and added some casual office wear to my wardrobe. I have to admit I like looking nice when I'm running errands on my lunch break or meeting friends for happy hour. Not that I didn't look nice in my jeans, but soft, casual pants and a pretty top are a step up. I think you should dress for your body type and comfort level and not worry if something is too old or young for you. For me, I need well fitting clothing that is neither too tight nor too loose and I look better with a slight heel I think.
 V-Star Lady
Msg: 206
Dressing too young
Posted: 11/15/2008 6:08:22 AM
Sugar,
Had trouble with the Red Hat--didn't look right under the helmet!
 ankkka
Msg: 207
Dressing too young
Posted: 11/15/2008 6:53:10 AM
Well...it is not only how you dress up...
It is about your style...your behavior...what is in your mind.If your style is not proper...I think your behavior is not right too...

Life should be a fun...but a celebration...not cheap masquerade...
 Britemel
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Dressing too young
Posted: 11/15/2008 8:01:46 AM
Red Angel

And if we don't judge others then why do we have caveats about who we want to meet on the profiles?

Be whoever and however you wish to be. - Confidence is the best rainment, notwithstanding protection.

I am sensitive and attempt to be polite, and speak from my own experience

Thanks for your criticism.

From my perspective only then; Presentation and appearance makes a statement.

You made yours.
 ABitMuch
Msg: 209
Dressing too young
Posted: 11/15/2008 8:03:36 AM
Kudos to the people that have the confidence to wear what they want to wear. Mr. Blackwell is dead and soooo to it are his control issues!
 angelwinz
Msg: 210
Dressing too young
Posted: 11/15/2008 10:15:16 AM
I got to tell you.. being a 'red hatter' is so much fun, so much in fact that my younger friends (mid 30's +) joined our group as 'pink hatter's' Wish I'd known about the 'red hat' when I was younger, I think I would have way more fun in my 30-40's knowing that just being me and dressing to have fun was so freeing!! Ohhh, and by the way..I'm 60 now, my daughter who is in her late 20's has been working on me for years to dress younger, when I finally listened to her, it opened a whole new me

Bottom line, now I dress for me and for comfort what ever that may be at the time
 ________
Msg: 211
Dressing too young
Posted: 11/15/2008 2:21:13 PM
To paraphrase an age-old car dealer truism: you can sell a young man's look to an old man, but you can't sell an old man's look to a young man.
 Ninki
Msg: 212
Dressing too young
Posted: 11/15/2008 2:43:35 PM
I'm just glad to live at a time when women my age can dress young and it's 'okay'. Only 20 years ago, it wouldn't have been. I only shop in the Juniors' section, because the styles there are more attractive and flattering. The women's section's clothes look too matronly. Even when I'm in my 60s I'll still be dressing young, but not tasteless. I know better than to wear a tiny top with the word 'sexy' on it, for example.
Just look at the way the gals on "Desperate Housewives" dress. I like Susan's wardrobe and would wear it in a heartbeat, if I could afford it, And, OP, it's hot in FL, so even if someone is old and wrinkled, they need to wear shorts or else they'd die of the heat!

N.
 me and my bike
Msg: 213
Dressing too young
Posted: 11/15/2008 2:54:51 PM
I wear low rise jeans as a matter of comfort, those high rise things hurt my belly button..lol and no it isn't pierced
I dress how I want to dress, I figure at 50 I can make that decision for myself and don't need any judgemental woman or man to tell me I can't.
just my 2 cents worth....
 sugar62law
Msg: 214
view profile
History
Dressing too young
Posted: 11/15/2008 6:07:38 PM
V STAR LADY,, You just need to get a red and purple helmet....LOL I don't think I would ever join, but I know my mother has a blast doing it..... As far as clothes go....wear what ya want, when ya want..... Where ya want........ And unless someone else wants to provide my wardrobe, they have absolutley nothing to say on the matter.....

so there....

Sugar
 V-Star Lady
Msg: 215
Dressing too young
Posted: 11/15/2008 7:30:32 PM
Thanks, Miss Sugar. I have a cream helmet with pink racing stripes & gray floral pattern. Didn't want to be mistaken for one of the guys!
On a more serious note, I AM glad that women are free to dress as they please.
I promise not to wear white biker boots after Labor Day. Promise to never, ever wear patent leather shoes any time, because I think they are butt ugly. I think my jeans come up high enough that my thong string won't be hangin' out all over town while I'm cruisin' around tryin' to catch that dude wearin' the speedo out walkin' his dog!
Miss Sunny, I was just funnin' ya! You wear what makes ya happiest. I'm sure the rest of us plan on doin' the same!!
 two gypsy
Msg: 216
Dressing too young
Posted: 11/16/2008 12:12:27 PM
Oh no, you really did not say all of that? So in other words when you hit a certain age, then that is it, you are supposed to completely loose your identity and become a non-sexual person? Cut off your hair, wear turtle necks , cover up your wrinkles, hide yourself, you're old and not perfect anymore, so hide.

Hide your imperfections people cause SassySweet is in the room
and you are offending her delicate disposition.

I'll just bet you make fun at the over weight, the handicapped and gawd forbid if a person with a speech impediment talks to you.

Grow up girlfriend you are just pure azz stupid and shallow.
 CuteChick4u
Msg: 217
Dressing too young
Posted: 11/17/2008 5:24:14 AM
I think women and men who try and dress like the younger ones actually end up looking ridiculous. I watch the makeover shows on Tv, and it`s amazing how so many people do this, really thinking they look good too, when in fact they look older, lol

I m not saying dress like Grandma Louis, old fashion, but at least try to dress according to your age, approperately !....or/and according to your body type ! and what looks good on you.

I`m simple ..Casual always works well with me !!

bananapuddin
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Dressing too young
Posted: 11/17/2008 8:50:34 PM
It's HOT in Florida, too! In the summertime, I wear shorts, a cut out t-shirt, and sandles, because it's HOT where I live, too!
Most people I've seen who are small enough to wear certain clothes really don't look foolish in them, but in the south, the heat dictates a lot of what I see many wear......
 jj6364
Msg: 219
Dressing too young
Posted: 11/18/2008 8:07:32 AM
So we reach a certain age and we are suppose to wear nothing but the pants with the elastic waist, the Wal-mart flowered shirt. Who is gonna police the young with the fat hanging out their tight jeans, or the shirt with the boobs with the nipples barely covered? Or some young guy with his drawers showing cuz his pants are sagging to his knees? What you wear is a self expression of who you are!!! Thank goodness I live in a free country!!! I might not like what you wear either but I'm not gonna say anything unless you ask me. So to the OP turn your head to a much pleasanter view if you don't like what you see!!
 collecting moments
Msg: 220
view profile
History
Dressing too young
Posted: 11/18/2008 1:52:55 PM
Yes, I know what you mean! Do you also walk out in the parking lot to see if they are driving age appropriate cars?
 redarcangel
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Dressing too young
Posted: 11/19/2008 5:56:52 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.....................................................

Ut-Oh! Now see.. there I'd lose out for sure.. collecting moments. My car is being "re-vamped" by my oldest son. I drive a small red compact sportscar.. with aftermarket lights.. sound system.. and is getting a new body kit. I drive young.. very young. So.. my car then reflects my dress.. or.. my dress then reflects my car?
 SunnyTexas
Msg: 222
view profile
History
Dressing too young
Posted: 11/19/2008 6:04:46 PM
I drive a red Eldorado....am I a pimp ?
 Chocolatebrowne
Msg: 223
Dressing too young
Posted: 11/20/2008 2:56:46 PM
Hey, Sunny....

You're only a "pimpette" if the Eldorado has something made from crushed velvet adorning the car, and if you wear a big Texas hat with some kind of fur (real or fake), on it......
 SunnyTexas
Msg: 224
view profile
History
Dressing too young
Posted: 11/20/2008 3:14:17 PM
How 'bout a pair of long horns on the grille ?
 ohthereugo
Msg: 225
Dressing too young
Posted: 11/22/2008 3:38:16 PM
Well i havent seen anyone on this forum dressed to young . I have seen a hottie though..
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dressing too young