Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Loyal805
Msg: 54
view profile
History
What age bothered you?Page 2 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I would have to go with the big Four Zero! I figured I was half way through my life...

Also, It seems it was much easier to meet someone in my 30's. For some reason women in their 30's are rarely interested in guys over 40[?]. Newsflash, We're not that much different. I always look the age range in a profile and most are only interested in someone under 40 - why I don't know[?]. There are plenty of gorgeous woman in their 40's, but most are done having kids.
The after 40 stigma sucks...
 luvinlittleyellowjacket
Msg: 55
What age bothered you?
Posted: 6/18/2005 3:26:47 PM
It's funny but I had a problem turning 35...
 GypsyGirl
Msg: 56
What age bothered you?
Posted: 6/18/2005 4:03:04 PM
Are we talking only adult ages here? I've loved every minute of my adult years (ok,ok, not every minute, but the aging thing hasn't bothered me).

16 was really difficult though. It's nice to reminisce but I would never want to be that age again.
 ladeyday
Msg: 57
view profile
History
What age bothered you?
Posted: 6/18/2005 4:45:09 PM
approaching 50. Then, one night, about 3 am, I sat up in bed, and said, "if I don't turn 50, what's the alternative". Now, I start saying my next age a few months before the actual date, so can ease into it. It also gets me closer to retirement!
Don't feel, look, or think as I would have thought I would at this age
 ladeyday
Msg: 58
view profile
History
What age bothered you?
Posted: 6/18/2005 4:46:36 PM
you got that!
 ladeyday
Msg: 59
view profile
History
What age bothered you?
Posted: 6/18/2005 5:16:44 PM
Thank you, leafslady!
 Call Leen
Msg: 67
What age bothered you?
Posted: 6/22/2005 5:26:44 PM
This year was a toughie for me. Decided to lie about my age. Bad decision - I just can't lie. So I have ammended that to be just not tell.

But then at 30 I had to have surgery for tarsel tunnel (sp?) and the last day that I was 40 I filed for divorce. I seem to have trouble by the decade.At least I should be okay until 60.
OMG!! I should not have let myself go there.

But they are all better than not getting to have anymore birthdays.
 d-belle
Msg: 68
What age bothered you?
Posted: 6/22/2005 7:47:15 PM
The years are flying by way too fast now.

No kidding!

For me it was 30 - when I realized I was completely miserable and I was "saying good-bye" to my youth.....then I realized my youth was not at all gone. Someone earlier said it is the time when you are unhappy with how you are living. Boy, was I ever!

It's all in the way you perceive it to be!
 sweetone30
Msg: 69
What age bothered you?
Posted: 7/13/2005 12:30:01 PM
I had a complete and utter crisis about turning thirty. I was terrified that i was going to suddenly be old. I recall being 20 and thinking man i wonder what i will look like at 30.. pretty much the same lol.. About 2 weeks before i turned 30 i decided it would be okay... and it has been .. I guess my problem too was that i was unhappy with the fact that i was suddenly single, on my way through a divorce, had three children and was very unsure what i was doing with my life. I sure as heck knwo i never planned on being 30 and a single mom who was unemployed.. but things are looking up and i expect the 30's to be the best years yet!
 diverse33
Msg: 70
What age bothered you?
Posted: 7/13/2005 8:59:56 PM
34..... ouch thats old but yet i feel like 24 hahaha
 lonegun13
Msg: 73
What age bothered you?
Posted: 8/1/2005 3:45:27 PM
So do I sweet cheeks so do I! Love you Jody darlin!!!!!!!!
CC
 lonegun13
Msg: 77
What age bothered you?
Posted: 8/1/2005 5:13:01 PM
I am 41 this year and when I get 50 it will be the same hey I love every stage of my life. I may not like whats going on but hey I'm still getting older and that means I'm still living. I look forward to each and everyday of my life. After all its better than the alternative isnt it? And TheCatt you should be ashamed your such a sexy lass at 49 you are still catching these younger guys eyes and believe me you should be your a knock out. My Jody will be just like you and age gracefully and always look beautiful. I want to know how you still look in your 30s cause I want to when I am your age. Dont say make up cause I have seen your pics and you hardly wear any all you do is highlight your best features and it shows and I think its wonderful at 49 you can do that still. I want to know where that fountain of youth is girl! Guys look out for TheCatt she is a keeper in every sense of the word. She has style and grace, witt and charm, intelligence and beauty and if one of you good guys dont scoop her up another one will.
CC
 Celticmist
Msg: 79
What age bothered you?
Posted: 8/1/2005 6:10:43 PM
Moundpuppy has got it right - you can enjoy life no matter what age you are and freaking out about it is a waste of time LOL I am also 53 and still a brat at heart - I intend to be 100 and kicking up my heels
 lonegun13
Msg: 80
What age bothered you?
Posted: 8/2/2005 1:50:43 AM
Catt you should celebrate every year! Live life! Go explore all the things you keep saying........."oh I'll would love to do this" or "that" dont just say it go experience it. Say when your 80 you Lived woman! Dont look at this one and say to yourself "ok now its time to take it easy" Nope wont do. You will get bored! Go out and DO! Everything you ever wanted too. Dont waste a moment. If you believe in a higher power let me tell you this. God, Mohammed or whoever else you believe in doesnt promise us a second. He doesnt say ok you'll be here tomorrow so go ahead and put things off. nope you need to go explore and have fun. Find what makes you happy or who makes you happy which is one of the reasons your here. And all you that are out there better read this its true. Find what makes you a better person. Its all we have to leave behind. You can have all the money in the world but its who you are and what you did they will remember.
CC

Yes I am the old man at the top of the mountain that everyone comes to see for wisdom. Am I wise and do I know it all? No I am like a child still in the world and am a student that will never stop learning. Do I know your past present and future. Nope I dont but what I do know is human nature and the will to survive be happy and adapt to lifes changes.
 lonegun13
Msg: 82
What age bothered you?
Posted: 8/2/2005 11:25:21 AM
Thats what I like to hear!!! thats the fiesty side of you and it just does my heart good to hear it! I do smoke and will smoke for a while. My oldest brother didnt and passed away before he was 50 and my middle brother passed before 51 and that leaves only me left so where does that leave me in longitivity? as long as I want to live I say. I wont sit here wondering whether smoking will personally lengthen or shorten my life I really dont care I live like theres no tomorrow. When Jody gets here I know she will make me cut back and for her I will and for me. But I know I want to teach her that at 40 life begins. Hell at any age life begins. Its not about the vises you have its about what you do with your life. Ok you didnt ask for my advise granted but your a person and I just wanted to share what I have learned from almost 41 yrs of living. See when I was 23 I was shot serving my country. I died 5 different times on the table before they got me stablilized. Do I remember any of it? whether it was my imagination or real I saw them working on me from above. Yes I believe in life after death yes I believe in God. But I am like a few others that sit back after reading God had to rest on the seventh day? I mean that scares me. Does that mean he will eventually die too? and where will he go if he does? OH the questions you ask in a lifetime of living either being a smartass or just being funny at heart to cover shyness. But at 23 I discovered that if I dont make the most of my life now. If I dont leave a legacy of life to be proud of. Then I dont leave very much. At funereals you hear people talking about the person who passed. Not how much money they had or how powerful in business or anything like that. You hear that he was a gentle person that loved his wife and kids or you hear that he was a person who was bitter and stopped living and shut himself up so he wouldnt get hurt. I dont want to be the one who has no one and nothing to live for. and you know at 49 you can still learn a thing or two dont think just because your older you know more. You never stop learning from those that are willing to teach and who know they are still students of life themselves. You dont know my life either. Its been a series of downfalls but I have risen like a pheniox out of every tragedy in my life. and I will till I pass from this world hopefully with Jody as my wife you as a dear friend of mine catt.
CC

LostKnight
Msg: 83
view profile
History
What age bothered you?
Posted: 8/2/2005 11:36:17 AM
29 drove me crazy after that one they just dont matter anymore
 lonegun13
Msg: 84
What age bothered you?
Posted: 8/2/2005 11:46:13 AM
ok was told to stay within thread guidelines so 18 bothered me because I lost my HS sweetheart to a drunk driver.
CC
 DivineBovine
Msg: 85
view profile
History
What age bothered you?
Posted: 8/2/2005 4:35:42 PM
it bothers me today because i feel like 45 is really middle-aged, more so than 40.

but on the day i turned 40, i learned that my father had terminal cancer, so there were more important things to concern myself.

i haven't celebrated a birthday since and today is turning out to be no different from the last 5 - home alone with a bottle of champagne. at least this time i told people it was my birthday, but it hasn't made a difference.
 kitchensink
Msg: 86
view profile
History
What age bothered you?
Posted: 9/13/2005 12:19:46 AM
20 was pretty sweet.. 25 ..bah..... 30 was hard *poutin* and dreading 35..but that's not for a bit yet *whew*
 Jinley
Msg: 93
What age bothered you?
Posted: 10/29/2005 9:08:37 PM
I'm not sure if any age has bothered me......yet. I'm 38, and glad to have made it this far. I thought I would be in another place in my life by now, but it just isn't so. I have figured out that it isn't about reaching a destination or goal, but what goes on while I'm trying to get there. Of course I reserve the right to change my opinion when I'm older....
 Polly_G
Msg: 99
What age bothered you?
Posted: 11/30/2005 4:52:19 AM
30 bothered me a bit mostly because I couldn't say I was in my 20's anymore. I was evaluating and saw changes that needed to be made.

Now in my 30's I love it. Being in your 30s rock! I know myself better than ever before and have more confidence. I'm hoping my 40s feels this sweet.
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 101
view profile
History
What age bothered you?
Posted: 9/28/2007 11:51:27 AM

I think because it was a "quarter century". Weird, none of the other ones have bothered me at all.
 Alora41
Msg: 107
What age bothered you?
Posted: 9/30/2007 11:33:57 AM
My 40+ friends & I were talking about this topic recently.

For me, 29 was when I freaked. 20's I was free-spirited, thought I had plenty of time. My 29th birthday was that last conflict of rebelling against being a grownup...but wanting so badly to grow up.

30's I was trying to force myself into where I *thought* I should be at. Finally figured out at around 38 I had no control over my life's path. My friends & I agreed that 40's you're more at peace and accepting of everything, everyone, and most importantly, yourself. At 41 I'm learning to let go & enjoy the ride with the knowledge that I will always land on my feet.

My friends who are in their 50's - they are having a blast! They not only have enjoyed the rollercoaster ride, but are laughing as they do "no hands" on the upside-down loop. It's like being 20 all over again - no fear, but without the stupidity! I'm really looking forward to my 50's ;)
 Gr1ph1n
Msg: 109
What age bothered you?
Posted: 9/30/2007 5:46:49 PM
>>anyone else freaking out getting older ???

I don't think I'm freaking out (and I'm 40 next March), but age tends to freak other people out. Even though I've seen a lot of hot women 35 years of age or older on here, I miss the chance of going out with something in there early 20's (there are well endowed like say, the way Pam Anderson was at that age, I'm always looking for well endowed ya know :), although I do look like I'm 24 (ah, the days of being 24 again :).
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 110
What age bothered you?
Posted: 9/30/2007 6:08:15 PM
I'm thinking 50ish will be my age-freak-out. I have taken exceptional care of myself....but the truth is, gravity takes over and so does too much giggling. Damn laugh lines ~ at any rate......I can't remember being weirded out about any age. Just a zest for more.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >