Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Lets talk about Bruce.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ocrikeymikey
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Lets talk about Bruce.Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
My favourite!! Very cinematic music,I can actually picture scenes from some of those songs!!
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 3
Lets talk about Bruce.
Posted: 9/5/2006 10:09:31 AM
Sorry, I am not a fan, his voice was irritating.
 pjvaughan
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Lets talk about Bruce.
Posted: 9/18/2006 4:26:54 AM
LETS NOT.........i would rather talk about placebo.
 rising72
Msg: 5
Lets talk about Bruce.
Posted: 8/18/2007 6:42:45 AM
bruce rules.greatest live performer in my book.............new album out oct 2 07........album name is ''magic''

'Magic' Song Titles:

1. Radio Nowhere
2. You'll Be Comin' Down
3. Livin' in the Future
4. Your Own Worst Enemy
5. Gypsy Biker
6. Girls in Their Summer Clothes
7. I'll Work for Your Love
8. Magic
9. Last to Die
10. Long Walk Home
11. Devil's Arcade
 BBruin72
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Lets talk about Bruce.
Posted: 8/18/2007 7:00:52 PM
Awesome songwriter, still going strong! Can't waot for the new CD Magic coming out in October! Definately one of the grreatest of all time:banger
 Strange Days
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Lets talk about Bruce.
Posted: 8/19/2007 3:54:22 AM
I love "Nebraska", and "Darkness On the Edge of Town", don't really like his 80's stuff too much. The one thing Bruce shall be remembered by, if nothing else: "The Rising". A great album, and one of the top post -9/11 albums. It really sums of the hopes and fears of America at the time. Like Green Day's "American Idiot", this is music that records a moment in time, musicly, socially, and politically.
 Thatguy67
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Lets talk about Bruce.
Posted: 8/20/2007 7:25:22 PM
He's coming out with a new record with his E Street Band mates in the fall!

Longrock1WW
Msg: 9
Lets talk about Bruce.
Posted: 8/26/2007 11:54:01 AM
There always seems to be a love or hate thing going on with Springsteen. A lot of people whose music taste I usually agree with can't stand Bruce. I like him. Loved Born To Run album and never thought he came close to matching it. He was considered a bit of a sellout with the whole Born In The USA stuff and has seemed to be trying to get away from that, maybe too much. Most of his albums don't contain more than two good/popular/hit songs. Some people think for his talent he's just gotten extremely lucky, which is partially true. 41 shots was a mistake, getting extremely political is a huge mistake. He's isolated most of his core fans. He couldn't go to the 9/11 benefit at the garden because people hated him for that song. He could have made the same statement without using those particular lyrics. Truth is that was just a horrible, tragic, accident (the incident the song was about). I was at the show where cops who were assigned to Bruce left him to fend for himself because he played that song. Springsteen got stuck in Shea Stadium traffic for hours because of it. He didn't play the song the next night.
 jettlightning
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Lets talk about Bruce.
Posted: 8/28/2007 4:30:43 PM
No I don't agree, Bruce hasn't been even remotely interesting since 1975. Who cares about this guy anymore.
 Thatguy67
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Lets talk about Bruce.
Posted: 11/26/2008 8:41:35 PM
I mentioned something similar last year in this thread.

Springsteen is coming out with an album in January 2009 titled Working On A Dream.

mysteriosa
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Lets talk about Bruce.
Posted: 2/27/2009 6:25:54 PM
I've just got his Greatest Hits album and have been listening to it a lot this past week. I am truly impressed. I had heard 'Dancing in the Dark' and 'Born in the USA' before, as they were the big smash hits I guess, but not the rest. I don't think I've enjoyed an album so much in ages. 'Badlands' is brilliant and I love the humming bit. 'Glory Days' is wonderfully animated and so true. I love the lyrics in 'Thunder Road' - the man is real poet. 'The River' is sad but beautiful. I really love the piano sound in 'Murder Incorporated'. The whole album is scattered throughout with lovely guitar and piano work, harmonica sounds, railway sounds, lots of archetypal American folk roots stuff. It's a mixture of subtlety and exciting rock and roll. It's just excellent! I'd love to see him live.
 magica1965
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Lets talk about Bruce.
Posted: 3/1/2009 10:32:35 AM
bruce does have a few ok songs..but please his voice is garbage always was always will be..he sucked at the super bowl ..what an annoying voice..i give credit he is a success..why people like him beats me..cause he sucks...no way could i sit through a concert of his...now i am going to see one of the greatest sounding singers ever..april 2nd iron maiden will finish the somewhere back in time tour..now that bruce..as in bruce****nson...his voice is awesome....up the irons....
 comic book
Msg: 14
Lets talk about Bruce.
Posted: 3/13/2009 11:47:07 PM
cute tight jeans on the born in the USA album
 Marmite baby
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Lets talk about Bruce.
Posted: 3/16/2009 2:14:07 PM
Love him, and was lucky enough to see him in concert a few years back. Brilliant words, and some songs which take me away, thereseems to be one written for any mood. Favourites
The whole of the Born to Run album
Secret Garden
Valentines Day
Brilliant Disguise God have mercy on the man who doubts what he's sure of. And haven't we all been there! A great twist too. Doubting partner to realising self doubt, who needs therapy! Plus
You ain't a beauty but eh you're alright. So you've been hurt show me someone who ain't.
I'll love you with all the madness in my soul
And the poets down here do nothing at all The local cops, cherry tops
With her killer graces and her secret places
You got to learn to live with the things you can't rise above.
Name that tune?

Have a live box set on vinyl; best version of the River I've heard.
 CurseOfMillhaven
Msg: 16
Lets talk about Bruce.
Posted: 4/9/2009 9:59:13 AM
Going to see him next week! Love going to his shows.
 good guitar player
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Lets talk about Bruce.
Posted: 4/9/2009 8:53:07 PM
Seems like a good guy, seems like his politics are right IMO.In general seems like a man you can respect in a industry ripe with azholes, from bar bands to david geffin. Might be a cool guy to talk music with and old obscure tunes. Tries to put on a great show.....all that said his music leaves me cold and living in philly the hype over him is awful. Nebraska is maybe the only thing that he did that finds any resonance with me. Overall for all his positives, the hes bores me and I am unimpressed.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Lets talk about Bruce.