Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Lets talk about Bruce.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Castaline
Msg: 30
Lets talk about Bruce.Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
OK,

He reworks it so that it sounds nothing like the original
 deeply aphrased
Msg: 31
Lets talk about Bruce.
Posted: 9/7/2007 12:44:54 PM
RADIO NOWHERE

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000V8I2QU/ref=amb_link_5402262_1/105-7799081-0724403?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=special-offers-1&pf_rd_r=1NYKT4NJ3FS50YNMCRK9&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=306688601&pf_rd_i=B000V8I2QU

I was trying to find my way home
But all I heard was a drone
Bouncing off a satellite
Crushing the last lone American night

This is Radio Nowhere
Is there anybody alive out there?
This is Radio Nowhere
Is there anybody alive out there?

I was sitting around a dead dial
Just another lost number in a file
Dancing down a dark hole
Just a-searching for a world with some soul

I just wanna hear some rhythm

I want a thousand guitars
I want pounding drums
I want a million different voices
Speaking in tongues

I was driving through the misty rain
Just a-searching for a mystery train
Bopping through the wild blue
Trying to make a connection with you

I just wanna hear your rhythm
 Thatguy67
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Lets talk about Bruce.
Posted: 11/26/2008 8:41:35 PM
I mentioned something similar last year in this thread.

Springsteen is coming out with an album in January 2009 titled Working On A Dream.

toowild4u
Msg: 33
Lets talk about Bruce.
Posted: 12/29/2008 2:52:43 PM
Bruce Springsteen's recent works have been incredible, The Rising and the recent tribute to Pete Seeger, amazing! Best work since Born To Run & Born In The USA.
 GrungeRockCity
Msg: 34
Lets talk about Bruce.
Posted: 12/29/2008 11:11:18 PM
His 70s and 80s output will always be the best, but undoubtedly he's had some good stuff since then. Magic's the best CD all around he's done since The River, I think. The only one I don't find myself skipping songs on, anyway. "My Lucky Day" doesn't seem to be a bad song, either.
 mysteriosa
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Lets talk about Bruce.
Posted: 2/27/2009 6:25:54 PM
I've just got his Greatest Hits album and have been listening to it a lot this past week. I am truly impressed. I had heard 'Dancing in the Dark' and 'Born in the USA' before, as they were the big smash hits I guess, but not the rest. I don't think I've enjoyed an album so much in ages. 'Badlands' is brilliant and I love the humming bit. 'Glory Days' is wonderfully animated and so true. I love the lyrics in 'Thunder Road' - the man is real poet. 'The River' is sad but beautiful. I really love the piano sound in 'Murder Incorporated'. The whole album is scattered throughout with lovely guitar and piano work, harmonica sounds, railway sounds, lots of archetypal American folk roots stuff. It's a mixture of subtlety and exciting rock and roll. It's just excellent! I'd love to see him live.
 *Don*
Msg: 36
Lets talk about Bruce.
Posted: 2/28/2009 7:11:45 AM
One of the biggest knocks against 'The Boss' is a lot of folks don't like his voice. For myself, I love the guy. I have his "No Surrender" song as the background music right now for the first page of my own website -- but shshsh ... don't tell him ... copyright thing, you know. I don't think I'd put him up there with greatest modern songwriters, though. But I would put him up in the top level as an artist and performer.

As everyone knows, his music tells stories to and for the grass roots, normal, everyday North American -- a huge, folksy, down-home demographic. His performing credentials were on excellent display at his 20 minute SuperBowl show, a while back. He linked directly to the audience with his talk between songs, even changing a few song lyrics to match the occasion -- something that good performers do well, and not the easiest thing to do with a crowd that large.

As an artist, he draws emotions out of people with his music. And that's what good artists do -- whether the emotions are happiness, sadness, etc., etc. And he always seems to come up with a new way to express an idea that you'd think would be long worn out. So his creativity doesn't seem to have a limit, either.

As the greatest songwriter ... naaaahh. Tough to make that judgment with so much talent out in the world. But he's certainly up there. I hope he never goes away.

D
 magica1965
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Lets talk about Bruce.
Posted: 3/1/2009 10:32:35 AM
bruce does have a few ok songs..but please his voice is garbage always was always will be..he sucked at the super bowl ..what an annoying voice..i give credit he is a success..why people like him beats me..cause he sucks...no way could i sit through a concert of his...now i am going to see one of the greatest sounding singers ever..april 2nd iron maiden will finish the somewhere back in time tour..now that bruce..as in bruce****nson...his voice is awesome....up the irons....
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Lets talk about Bruce.
Posted: 3/12/2009 8:42:03 PM
One really telling little story about the man that speaks volumes as to his character, that I recently discovered. In 1975, while still a relative unknown, he was offered a spot in Bob Dylan's "Rolling Thunder Revue" tour - and refused it.

He said he wasn't going to do it, if the E Street Band wasn't invited too.

That's a team player.
 comic book
Msg: 39
Lets talk about Bruce.
Posted: 3/13/2009 11:47:07 PM
cute tight jeans on the born in the USA album
 Marmite baby
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Lets talk about Bruce.
Posted: 3/16/2009 2:14:07 PM
Love him, and was lucky enough to see him in concert a few years back. Brilliant words, and some songs which take me away, thereseems to be one written for any mood. Favourites
The whole of the Born to Run album
Secret Garden
Valentines Day
Brilliant Disguise God have mercy on the man who doubts what he's sure of. And haven't we all been there! A great twist too. Doubting partner to realising self doubt, who needs therapy! Plus
You ain't a beauty but eh you're alright. So you've been hurt show me someone who ain't.
I'll love you with all the madness in my soul
And the poets down here do nothing at all The local cops, cherry tops
With her killer graces and her secret places
You got to learn to live with the things you can't rise above.
Name that tune?

Have a live box set on vinyl; best version of the River I've heard.
 mpaul7172
Msg: 41
Lets talk about Bruce.
Posted: 3/16/2009 3:03:40 PM
I agree that B.S. is the greatest songwriter not in modern times, but perhaps in his own mind. I first saw him back around 1975, right after his simultaneously being on the covers of Time and Newsweek. Baton Rouge. There were only maybe a thousand or so folks. He was good. But I thought, even back then, a little bit put-on. He sort of played air guitar a lot of the times while the real guitarist was hitting the licks. But again, he was pretty good. Not a great performer on the same scale as Johnny Winter was, or Joe****r, or Hendrix, or say JimmyEatWorld in the past few years.
Lennon/McCartney IMO wrote the best songs overall.
 oh_sugar
Msg: 42
Lets talk about Bruce.
Posted: 4/9/2009 8:28:01 AM
I saw Bruce in a restaurant once. He smiled and winked at me... I didn't know who he was (it was kinda dark and I just didn't put it together), but I will say that he had a kind of magnetism...

I like watching him perform... and I'm not even that into him.
 CurseOfMillhaven
Msg: 43
Lets talk about Bruce.
Posted: 4/9/2009 9:59:13 AM
Going to see him next week! Love going to his shows.
 good guitar player
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Lets talk about Bruce.
Posted: 4/9/2009 8:53:07 PM
Seems like a good guy, seems like his politics are right IMO.In general seems like a man you can respect in a industry ripe with azholes, from bar bands to david geffin. Might be a cool guy to talk music with and old obscure tunes. Tries to put on a great show.....all that said his music leaves me cold and living in philly the hype over him is awful. Nebraska is maybe the only thing that he did that finds any resonance with me. Overall for all his positives, the hes bores me and I am unimpressed.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Lets talk about Bruce.