Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mojo_LA
Msg: 5
POF Profile Exaggerations/Lies... Most Common???Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I think you'll find the biggest lie is "I like to take long walks on the beach."

So many people put that in their profile, but when was the last time you actually took a long walk on the beach??

Of course people not looking like their picture is #1, or the picture is designed to only show their, shall we say, "good" side.

In other words, if the person only has 8 pictures of them waving to a webcam, they are FAT.

Not a few extra pounds, not average, but FAT.

If they have 1 picture of their face, 1 of their feet, 1 of their legs and 3 of their cat, they are FAT.

If a guy is wearing a hat in every pic, he's bald.

If there are 10 pictures posted and you STILL can't really tell what they look like, they are most likely asthetically challenged. Actually, anyone who doesn't give you a very good look at them despite having several pictures is manipulative and/or lazy.

Why?

If someone thinks they are ugly (or fat), many will do their best to still "leave you guessing" after you've looked at the pics, hoping you will meet them anyway and you'll be so enamoured of their sparkling personality you won't care what they look like.

This is very manipulative, even if passively.

These people can be identified by only having pictures of their face, they are standing far away, lost in a group shot, or only seen in a rear mirror at night wearing all black from across the street.

We all know beauty is highly subjective, so put your best foot (er, pic) forward and let the people looking at your profile decide for themselves. If you're fat and embarassed and don't want people to know, then LOSE WEIGHT.

Someone else mentioned how often profiles say "I like to go to the gym."

I think a lot of these people like to go to the gym for the snack bar, because they sure as hell ain't working out when they get there!

If members truly are good looking and their pictures don't display this, then they are too lazy to be bothered to get good pictures up and/or they really don't care about making any dates.

People also lie about being nerds when in reality they can't even recite all the dialog from the first 10 minutes of Star Wars.

Ladies, watch out!
 toonsmith
Msg: 9
view profile
History
POF Profile Exaggerations/Lies... Most Common???
Posted: 10/15/2006 12:50:44 PM
Age is a big one.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/24/2007 4:21:20 PM

I add them to MSN or something, and all they want to do is see my breasticles...

Did it ever occur to you that maybe.. just maybe.. your bresticles will launch and then maintain World peace? Stranger things have happened.

Mostly it's the married thing. No guy's ever lied to me about age, looks or weight... just whether or not there was a wifey in the wings.
 IThought UWereAHandpuppet
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/25/2007 5:25:15 PM
How men interpret women's profiles:
40-ish..................................49 - 65.
Adventurous..........................Slept with everyone.
Athletic................................No breasts.
Average looking.....................Moooo.
Beautiful..............................Pathological liar.
Emotionally Secure..................On medication.
Feminist...............................Fat.
Free Spirit.................................Junkie.
Friendship first.......................Former Slut.
New-Age.........................Body hair in the wrong places.
Old-fashioned........................No B.J.'s
Open-minded.........................Desperate.
Outgoing..............................Loud and embarrassing.
Professional............................B1tch.
Voluptuous...........................Very fat.
Large frame...........................Hugely fat.
Wants soul mate.....................Stalker.
 IThought UWereAHandpuppet
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/25/2007 5:43:23 PM
But what if I admit to being a liar on my profile?
Then am I lying about lying?
Does that make me honest? (like multiplying two negative numbers results in a positive)?
Now what do I do?
I am sooo confused

And trust me, those who are lying on their profile will lose....
 Molly Maude
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2013 11:02:30 AM
the happiest notion I came up with when reading the above posts, beginning September 2006
... was that very few of the posters are still with us ... so ... eventually, they moved on ... one
way or another ... hopefully, they succeeded in their quests and are now living happily ever
after with the person of their dreams ...

I amuse myself so ...
 Dracoa79
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2013 6:31:12 PM
Wish I could say. I never get to the point where I can find out a lie or not. Maybe the reason is I don't lie. I have no reason to, and I know that eventually the truth will come out.
 cooldog65
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2013 3:43:46 AM
Most common I have seen in profiles is... No games, no baggage, and drama free!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >