Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 broncsbuff
Msg: 176
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASONPage 8 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
cinncy and va tech in the orange bowl..

whoa...big matchup there...cant wait f0r that game!!!!

booooring......

the only way someone watches this game is if
1. you went to one of the schools
2. you put money on the game
 catkin2007
Msg: 177
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 12/10/2008 10:59:29 AM
I know, woman with a football question... OMG right? Well, did anyone think about how much stronger recruiting has been in the past five years across all divisions? Think about it. Before all the good players flocked to one school making them predominately the school to beat. Now, the players are going just about everywhere... could it be the teams are just now finding out their strengths and weaknesses and building on that? That teams are really becoming more equal in players' abilities? Coaching has changed alot in the past few years too. Don't you think that has had its effect on teams too?

Hell, I love SEC football, pull for Georgia. We had a 9-2 season. Not perfect, but still we finished the year 9-2. Heck, we had alot of freshmen on both sides of the field. Yet everyone is still complaining.

Georgia is playing Michigan State in a bowl game. Who will win, its debatable on both sides. Me, regardless of all the playoff talk, the bcc bowl hype, the trash talk, will still be sitting on the sidelines pulling for my team.
 sjm86
Msg: 178
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 12/10/2008 9:23:58 PM
go bulldogs in that one, i hate michigan state with a passion.
 catkin2007
Msg: 179
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 12/12/2008 11:32:50 AM
Hey sjm86, don't feel bad, I hate michigan state too!~
 pulsemeddle
Msg: 180
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 12/12/2008 6:20:13 PM

cinncy and va tech in the orange bowl..

whoa...big matchup there...cant wait f0r that game!!!!

booooring......

the only way someone watches this game is if
1. you went to one of the schools
2. you put money on the game

Did you see the ACCCG? No one was there.
Well it was in Tampa, and there were 2 northern schools, but there was only like 10,000 people.
 pulsemeddle
Msg: 181
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 12/12/2008 6:41:05 PM

I know, woman with a football question... OMG right? Well, did anyone think about how much stronger recruiting has been in the past five years across all divisions? Think about it. Before all the good players flocked to one school making them predominately the school to beat. Now, the players are going just about everywhere... could it be the teams are just now finding out their strengths and weaknesses and building on that? That teams are really becoming more equal in players' abilities? Coaching has changed alot in the past few years too. Don't you think that has had its effect on teams too?

Hell, I love SEC football, pull for Georgia. We had a 9-2 season. Not perfect, but still we finished the year 9-2. Heck, we had alot of freshmen on both sides of the field. Yet everyone is still complaining.

Georgia is playing Michigan State in a bowl game. Who will win, its debatable on both sides. Me, regardless of all the playoff talk, the bcc bowl hype, the trash talk, will still be sitting on the sidelines pulling for my team.

The reason for all these teams starting to be so even... Is because of the recruiting limit. Schly limits.

I'm a big UGA fan and they went 9-3 this season.

We had a bad off season with injuries, and people getting into trouble. Then injuries just pilled on top all season long. We couldn't over come the injuries, and the penalties.

Michigan St.
Moreno vs Javon Ringer should be a good game. I don't expect a blowout, but I just want a win for god sakes!

Next year.... We're getting Jeff Owens and Geno Atkins back next year, DT spot is covered for '09. We're getting everyone on our OLine back for '09, including All American Trindon Sturdivant to cover the QB's blind spot. We'll be returning the number 1 WR in the SEC, AJ Green. All our LB's are coming back, as their all sophomores this year. We should be holding on to all our DB's except CJ Byrd who got limited playing time at best this season. Brian Mimbs will be gone but Drew Butler already kicks as well as Mimbs. Walsh is only a freshman so obviously he comes back.

The biggest questions and worries are whether or not Stafford and Moreno will come back. If Stafford doesn't return look to see Joe Cox start the season and Logan Gray and Aaron Murray get snaps.
 yeswho
Msg: 182
view profile
History
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 12/16/2008 10:33:44 PM
More high school players are going to a lot of different colleges because as mentionScholarship limitation for the schools.In the 70s teams had over 100 players on their squads.The linit now is 95 I believe.
 yeswho
Msg: 183
view profile
History
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 12/16/2008 10:35:52 PM
Joe Paterno sighed a new contract with Penn State for 3 years.He will be 82 in a few days.
 QUARRYBOY70
Msg: 184
view profile
History
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 12/17/2008 9:36:17 AM
I think Joe paterno will coach until he dies . He is to good of a coach to retire , thats what i think. Plus i think he is going to coach until bowden retires , which i dont see that happening cause bowden is younger then paterno. Parterno wants to retire when he has the title of winningest coach in the bag.
 dennyden
Msg: 185
view profile
History
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 12/17/2008 9:45:54 AM
i think he should coach untill he doesnt want to anymore or he dies, to hell with the people calling for him to step down ( iam not a penn state fan, just want to point that out) them people dont know crap.we have been hearing this for how long now, he has a couple of bcs bowls games in the last couple years and maybe was 1 game away from a shot at the nat. champ. this year, to hell with his critics, keep doing your thing joe pa
 MGMLION
Msg: 186
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 12/31/2008 4:00:27 PM
What about the Dores first Bowl win since 1955
 RickFury
Msg: 187
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/2/2009 7:39:21 PM
Those top teams in the Big 12 are looking so tough now. OSU lost to Oregon, Texas Tech lost to Ole Miss. Hmmm, makes me wonder what Texas and Oklahoma are going to do.
 tallmat1972
Msg: 188
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/2/2009 11:50:14 PM
7th ranked Utah upset #4 Alabama today 31-17 and they finished at 13-0!

A lot of folks are saying they should have played for the BCS title game, since they had no losses. I personally think that Florida or Oklahoma would ROUT Utah quite handily. But you never know.
 SoonerGirl111
Msg: 189
view profile
History
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/3/2009 8:25:35 PM
We'll see who the National Champion is on Jan 8, 2009........I can hardly wait!...Go SOONERS!
 pulsemeddle
Msg: 190
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/7/2009 6:06:03 PM
The Big 12 south is looking oh so tough!
 nipoleon
Msg: 191
view profile
History
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/8/2009 3:42:32 AM
One of the problems with the BCS system is in the bowl games, good teams which have nothing to play for, will lose to lesser teams. Motivation, is a big factor in college football. Bet on those teams which have something to prove, bet against teams who feel they have nothing to win and are just there for the vacation.
 MGMLION
Msg: 192
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/9/2009 5:07:14 AM
Gators Chomp all over the Sooners
Florida opens up the 09 season against Charles Southern.
Go Gators!!!!!!!!!
 dennyden
Msg: 193
view profile
History
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/9/2009 7:25:38 AM
let me start by saying i had a blast watching the big 12 this year and also i think bradford did deserve to win the heisman.but to all the s.e.c haters out there, this must really be hard to sallow, even in a so called down year a team from the s.e.c still won the nat. championship.thats 3 in a row now, and 5 of the 10 , and dont forget about theyear auburn got shafted.to all those people who still say texas should have been there, stop ,texas would have got beat also, look how they struggled against a pretty good d of ohio st.look the beloved big 12 south against the s.e.c , o-2, just goes to show that the s.e.c plays a better type of football.i thought the sooners played great last night on d, maybe the best they played all year, but when the game stayed close you just had to figure that favored the gators.oh well another year of the nat. championship at home where it belongs in the s.e.c!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 MGMLION
Msg: 194
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/9/2009 9:18:40 AM
SEC went 6-2 in their Bowl games this year .
Vandy, Ole Miss, Kentucky, and maybe LSU or Georgia were all suppose to lose but they won.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 195
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/9/2009 9:54:51 AM

all those people who still say texas should have been there, stop ,texas would have got beat also, look how they struggled against a pretty good d of ohio st.

you dont know if they would have won or lost, you only say it cause your an sec fan, texas lost to tech was no worse than florida laying an egg against ole miss..the only difference is that florida layed an egg early in the season...

Florida is the best team int he country, they are national champs, I have no problem with it, but dont act like texas couldnt compete with florida, and dont try to explain away your one loss to ole miss...

WE NEED A PLAYOFF.....
 dennyden
Msg: 196
view profile
History
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/9/2009 12:52:00 PM
i didnt say they wouldnt compete with the gators , i just dont think that they would beat them. i am not trying to explain away there one loss, just kep in mind that ole miss also beat texas tech, pretty handlely i might add. i look at both of there loses as about even as far as that goes. again i think we will go round and round, iam not saying that the bcs is prefect, but either will a playoff. there are diasters waiting to happen with that system as well, i think people just need to admitt that and stop acting like they are offering the prefect soultion , they are not!!!!!!
 Not_4_You
Msg: 197
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/9/2009 6:44:28 PM
I'm still trying to find those high scoring offenses that the Big 12 has to offer. Should I put out a report that they are stolen or missing? Maybe have a nation wide search for them. Oh wait, I've found them. They got left in the Big 12 before the bowl games. I don't see anybody lobbying for USC. The Pac 10 didn't lose a bowl game and USC stomped all over another team that probably felt they should have been playing for a national championship in Penn State. I am glad that UF won it all, but the NCAA still needs a playoff system.

BCS=Big Controversial Scam
 sjm86
Msg: 198
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/10/2009 12:50:54 AM
i think a playoff system in college football would work out pretty well. here's my ideal version of a playoff system in college football. the top 8 teams in the country make it to the playoffs and will be seeded accordingly. all the first round games will be played in the 4 major bowls (orange, rose, sugar, fiesta). then the 2 semi final games and the championship game will be played at the bowl who's turn it is to host which means you could still continue the rotation of bowls. here's an example of how this idea would work. for this example lets say the rose bowl is hosting the championship and the top 8 teams are florida, oklahoma, usc, notre dame, ohio state, west virginia, texas, and alabama.

round one: #1oklahome vs #8 west virginia in the orange bowl
#2florida vs #7 notre dame in the sugar bowl
#3usc vs # 6 texas in the rose bowl
#4 ohio state vs #5 alabama in the fiesta bowl

semi finals: #1 oklahoma vs #7 notre dame
#3 usc vs #5 alabama both games played at rose bowl

national championship: #5 alabama vs #7 notre dame played at rose bowl
national champion: notre dame

ok the results were biased because i am a notre dame fan, but you can put in whoever you want. this is just an example of my idea of how the national championship playoff system would look. personally, i think it would work. what do you all think of that idea for a playoff?
 nipoleon
Msg: 199
view profile
History
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/10/2009 1:40:08 AM
There is one conclusion I can say with confidence.
Tim Tebow isn't going anywhere in the NFL.
He's big but slow, and he can't throw. He's Ben Roethlisberger without an arm. If he thinks he's going to make a living off the quarterback draw in the NFL, there are some pro linebackers who will knock that idea out of his mind very quickly. The only reason he's done so well in college is because he's his own full back and he's had a great defence behind him. The NFL defences will eat him alive.
 MGMLION
Msg: 200
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/10/2009 4:57:36 AM

There is one conclusion I can say with confidence.
Tim Tebow isn't going anywhere in the NFL.

Some team will pick him up.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON