Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 chicubs27
Msg: 109
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASONPage 8 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I think there are way too many bowl games every year...of course i'll watch the local teams as well as the BCS bowls....but in general, i think all the dot.com bowls need to be removed. Sponsorships are looking for any & every way to make money off these schools...i just say stick to the traditional bowl games that we're used to watching every year. USC/Penn State should be a fun Rose Bowl to watch.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 110
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 12/8/2008 3:00:36 PM
Bowl game:"so...your the irish, you just got beat by the orange, you got drilled by the trojans, didnt even get a first down by the third quarter?"

the irish:"yea, but we did get 6 wins, we ARE the irish...and even better, we have god on our side"

Bowl game:"Yes your right....lets go ahead and send you to Hawaii, great weather, great venue...but for 6 wins, you get to go to Hawaii"....

unreal.....

this makes me hate the irish even more....
 sjm86
Msg: 111
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 12/8/2008 10:34:31 PM
there's a lot of teams that have 6 wins and are going to bowl games, so whats the problem with ND going to one? yeah they sucked it up to finish the year and i agree to that but they qualified for a bowl, a bowl invitation was offered, and they took it but yet you blame ND. why dont you blame the bowl committee, they're the ones who offered.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 112
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 12/10/2008 5:51:34 AM
cinncy and va tech in the orange bowl..

whoa...big matchup there...cant wait f0r that game!!!!

booooring......

the only way someone watches this game is if
1. you went to one of the schools
2. you put money on the game
 catkin2007
Msg: 113
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 12/10/2008 10:59:29 AM
I know, woman with a football question... OMG right? Well, did anyone think about how much stronger recruiting has been in the past five years across all divisions? Think about it. Before all the good players flocked to one school making them predominately the school to beat. Now, the players are going just about everywhere... could it be the teams are just now finding out their strengths and weaknesses and building on that? That teams are really becoming more equal in players' abilities? Coaching has changed alot in the past few years too. Don't you think that has had its effect on teams too?

Hell, I love SEC football, pull for Georgia. We had a 9-2 season. Not perfect, but still we finished the year 9-2. Heck, we had alot of freshmen on both sides of the field. Yet everyone is still complaining.

Georgia is playing Michigan State in a bowl game. Who will win, its debatable on both sides. Me, regardless of all the playoff talk, the bcc bowl hype, the trash talk, will still be sitting on the sidelines pulling for my team.
 sjm86
Msg: 114
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 12/10/2008 9:23:58 PM
go bulldogs in that one, i hate michigan state with a passion.
 catkin2007
Msg: 115
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 12/12/2008 11:32:50 AM
Hey sjm86, don't feel bad, I hate michigan state too!~
 pulsemeddle
Msg: 116
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 12/12/2008 6:20:13 PM

cinncy and va tech in the orange bowl..

whoa...big matchup there...cant wait f0r that game!!!!

booooring......

the only way someone watches this game is if
1. you went to one of the schools
2. you put money on the game

Did you see the ACCCG? No one was there.
Well it was in Tampa, and there were 2 northern schools, but there was only like 10,000 people.
 pulsemeddle
Msg: 117
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 12/12/2008 6:41:05 PM

I know, woman with a football question... OMG right? Well, did anyone think about how much stronger recruiting has been in the past five years across all divisions? Think about it. Before all the good players flocked to one school making them predominately the school to beat. Now, the players are going just about everywhere... could it be the teams are just now finding out their strengths and weaknesses and building on that? That teams are really becoming more equal in players' abilities? Coaching has changed alot in the past few years too. Don't you think that has had its effect on teams too?

Hell, I love SEC football, pull for Georgia. We had a 9-2 season. Not perfect, but still we finished the year 9-2. Heck, we had alot of freshmen on both sides of the field. Yet everyone is still complaining.

Georgia is playing Michigan State in a bowl game. Who will win, its debatable on both sides. Me, regardless of all the playoff talk, the bcc bowl hype, the trash talk, will still be sitting on the sidelines pulling for my team.

The reason for all these teams starting to be so even... Is because of the recruiting limit. Schly limits.

I'm a big UGA fan and they went 9-3 this season.

We had a bad off season with injuries, and people getting into trouble. Then injuries just pilled on top all season long. We couldn't over come the injuries, and the penalties.

Michigan St.
Moreno vs Javon Ringer should be a good game. I don't expect a blowout, but I just want a win for god sakes!

Next year.... We're getting Jeff Owens and Geno Atkins back next year, DT spot is covered for '09. We're getting everyone on our OLine back for '09, including All American Trindon Sturdivant to cover the QB's blind spot. We'll be returning the number 1 WR in the SEC, AJ Green. All our LB's are coming back, as their all sophomores this year. We should be holding on to all our DB's except CJ Byrd who got limited playing time at best this season. Brian Mimbs will be gone but Drew Butler already kicks as well as Mimbs. Walsh is only a freshman so obviously he comes back.

The biggest questions and worries are whether or not Stafford and Moreno will come back. If Stafford doesn't return look to see Joe Cox start the season and Logan Gray and Aaron Murray get snaps.
 MGMLION
Msg: 118
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 12/31/2008 4:00:27 PM
What about the Dores first Bowl win since 1955
 RickFury
Msg: 119
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/2/2009 7:39:21 PM
Those top teams in the Big 12 are looking so tough now. OSU lost to Oregon, Texas Tech lost to Ole Miss. Hmmm, makes me wonder what Texas and Oklahoma are going to do.
 tallmat1972
Msg: 120
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/2/2009 11:50:14 PM
7th ranked Utah upset #4 Alabama today 31-17 and they finished at 13-0!

A lot of folks are saying they should have played for the BCS title game, since they had no losses. I personally think that Florida or Oklahoma would ROUT Utah quite handily. But you never know.
 pulsemeddle
Msg: 121
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/7/2009 6:06:03 PM
The Big 12 south is looking oh so tough!
 nipoleon
Msg: 122
view profile
History
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/8/2009 3:42:32 AM
One of the problems with the BCS system is in the bowl games, good teams which have nothing to play for, will lose to lesser teams. Motivation, is a big factor in college football. Bet on those teams which have something to prove, bet against teams who feel they have nothing to win and are just there for the vacation.
 MGMLION
Msg: 123
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/9/2009 5:07:14 AM
Gators Chomp all over the Sooners
Florida opens up the 09 season against Charles Southern.
Go Gators!!!!!!!!!
 MGMLION
Msg: 124
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/9/2009 9:18:40 AM
SEC went 6-2 in their Bowl games this year .
Vandy, Ole Miss, Kentucky, and maybe LSU or Georgia were all suppose to lose but they won.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 125
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/9/2009 9:54:51 AM

all those people who still say texas should have been there, stop ,texas would have got beat also, look how they struggled against a pretty good d of ohio st.

you dont know if they would have won or lost, you only say it cause your an sec fan, texas lost to tech was no worse than florida laying an egg against ole miss..the only difference is that florida layed an egg early in the season...

Florida is the best team int he country, they are national champs, I have no problem with it, but dont act like texas couldnt compete with florida, and dont try to explain away your one loss to ole miss...

WE NEED A PLAYOFF.....
 Not_4_You
Msg: 126
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/9/2009 6:44:28 PM
I'm still trying to find those high scoring offenses that the Big 12 has to offer. Should I put out a report that they are stolen or missing? Maybe have a nation wide search for them. Oh wait, I've found them. They got left in the Big 12 before the bowl games. I don't see anybody lobbying for USC. The Pac 10 didn't lose a bowl game and USC stomped all over another team that probably felt they should have been playing for a national championship in Penn State. I am glad that UF won it all, but the NCAA still needs a playoff system.

BCS=Big Controversial Scam
 sjm86
Msg: 127
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/10/2009 12:50:54 AM
i think a playoff system in college football would work out pretty well. here's my ideal version of a playoff system in college football. the top 8 teams in the country make it to the playoffs and will be seeded accordingly. all the first round games will be played in the 4 major bowls (orange, rose, sugar, fiesta). then the 2 semi final games and the championship game will be played at the bowl who's turn it is to host which means you could still continue the rotation of bowls. here's an example of how this idea would work. for this example lets say the rose bowl is hosting the championship and the top 8 teams are florida, oklahoma, usc, notre dame, ohio state, west virginia, texas, and alabama.

round one: #1oklahome vs #8 west virginia in the orange bowl
#2florida vs #7 notre dame in the sugar bowl
#3usc vs # 6 texas in the rose bowl
#4 ohio state vs #5 alabama in the fiesta bowl

semi finals: #1 oklahoma vs #7 notre dame
#3 usc vs #5 alabama both games played at rose bowl

national championship: #5 alabama vs #7 notre dame played at rose bowl
national champion: notre dame

ok the results were biased because i am a notre dame fan, but you can put in whoever you want. this is just an example of my idea of how the national championship playoff system would look. personally, i think it would work. what do you all think of that idea for a playoff?
 nipoleon
Msg: 128
view profile
History
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/10/2009 1:40:08 AM
There is one conclusion I can say with confidence.
Tim Tebow isn't going anywhere in the NFL.
He's big but slow, and he can't throw. He's Ben Roethlisberger without an arm. If he thinks he's going to make a living off the quarterback draw in the NFL, there are some pro linebackers who will knock that idea out of his mind very quickly. The only reason he's done so well in college is because he's his own full back and he's had a great defence behind him. The NFL defences will eat him alive.
 MGMLION
Msg: 129
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/10/2009 4:57:36 AM

There is one conclusion I can say with confidence.
Tim Tebow isn't going anywhere in the NFL.

Some team will pick him up.
 sjm86
Msg: 130
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/10/2009 9:30:59 PM
i'm all for keeping the conference championship games, but what i think needs to happen is the automatic bids should be done away with for this system to work. of course still have the conference championship games to determine the champions of each respected conference but in this system idea the only thing that matters is getting into the top 8. after all the games in the regular season have been played you look at who is in the top 8 and those 8 teams go to the playoffs. in your #20 ole miss beating #3 florida scenario if florida were to drop from #3 to lets say #7 the gators would still make the playoffs because they finished the season in the top 8 despite losing the sec conference game. i do agree with you dennyden there will be some problems for any playoff system but i guess the way i see it is in order for a playoff system to work, something will have to go and in this case its the conference automatic bids. even though there wouldn't be an automatic major bowl bid on the line there's still something to play for.
 sjm86
Msg: 131
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/11/2009 3:51:13 PM
well like i said before even though the conference championship game wouldn't have a major bowl bid on the line, i'm sure any team would like to be c0nference champions at the least. i'm sure any team would want to be conference champs at least. as for the #8 vs the #10 scenario if the #10 team makes it into the top 8 then they make the playoffs. the fallen #8 team wouldn't be done, they would still get to go to a bowl. i'm still for having postseason bowl games i just feel that the 4 major bowls should be used for the national championship playoffs. in the florida situation i wouldn't sit tebow, even though its not right that certain conferences dont have a championship game. maybe those conferences should work something out to where they have one. in the tebow case i think that any player would love to have more games to play, for the purposes of keeping the season going, getting more experience, tv exposure, more notice from nfl scouts, ect.
 Golfer38
Msg: 132
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/11/2009 6:18:55 PM
Tebow announced he is coming back for his Senior Season. Huge mistake, he has a chance to leave early and go to a good team. I say take the money young man, you have had a great college career, no go start your life.
 1fitguy
Msg: 133
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/12/2009 5:22:27 AM
The cornhuskers will be back some day...just a matter of time. My OU Sooners went through a few pretty lean years but got Stoops in 2000 and it's been a heck of a ride since then.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON