Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MGMLION
Msg: 201
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASONPage 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

There is one conclusion I can say with confidence.
Tim Tebow isn't going anywhere in the NFL.

Some team will pick him up.
 dennyden
Msg: 202
view profile
History
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/10/2009 10:53:25 AM
ok the results were biased because i am a notre dame fan, but you can put in whoever you want. this is just an example of my idea of how the national championship playoff system would look. personally, i think it would work. what do you all think of that idea for a playoff?

so do u get rid of the conference champ. games, which wont happen, and say u keep them and a lower seed say a #20 ole miss beats a #3 florida, so ole miss wouldnt get in even though they won the sec championship? iam not opposed to a playoff , iam just saying u will have problems any way u come up with a playoff systems, espeacialy for those teams that play in really good conferences.
 sjm86
Msg: 203
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/10/2009 9:30:59 PM
i'm all for keeping the conference championship games, but what i think needs to happen is the automatic bids should be done away with for this system to work. of course still have the conference championship games to determine the champions of each respected conference but in this system idea the only thing that matters is getting into the top 8. after all the games in the regular season have been played you look at who is in the top 8 and those 8 teams go to the playoffs. in your #20 ole miss beating #3 florida scenario if florida were to drop from #3 to lets say #7 the gators would still make the playoffs because they finished the season in the top 8 despite losing the sec conference game. i do agree with you dennyden there will be some problems for any playoff system but i guess the way i see it is in order for a playoff system to work, something will have to go and in this case its the conference automatic bids. even though there wouldn't be an automatic major bowl bid on the line there's still something to play for.
 dennyden
Msg: 204
view profile
History
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/11/2009 9:53:32 AM
well if u did that, why would teams play in there conference championship games. let me ask it this way, say u are florida and u have tp play auburn in the sec champ. game , would u play tebow and risk the chance of him getting hurt or would u sit him, keep in mind that other teams like usc or ohio state dont have to play conf. cham. games,and if u chose to sit him ( or all of your best players ) then whats the point of even playing this post season game? and on the flip side of my original point say u have a team ranked 10th and they play a # 8 team in there conf. championship game and the # 10 teams wins , u would still put in the # 8 team?, again not that i dis agree with you, iam just pointing out the problems that can and will occure if any differnt system is added.the more people start talking about it the more people will start to see the problems, most people want to pound the playoff drum with out thinking about what will actually happen, not thats what you are doing, just most people.
 sjm86
Msg: 205
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/11/2009 3:51:13 PM
well like i said before even though the conference championship game wouldn't have a major bowl bid on the line, i'm sure any team would like to be c0nference champions at the least. i'm sure any team would want to be conference champs at least. as for the #8 vs the #10 scenario if the #10 team makes it into the top 8 then they make the playoffs. the fallen #8 team wouldn't be done, they would still get to go to a bowl. i'm still for having postseason bowl games i just feel that the 4 major bowls should be used for the national championship playoffs. in the florida situation i wouldn't sit tebow, even though its not right that certain conferences dont have a championship game. maybe those conferences should work something out to where they have one. in the tebow case i think that any player would love to have more games to play, for the purposes of keeping the season going, getting more experience, tv exposure, more notice from nfl scouts, ect.
 Golfer38
Msg: 206
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/11/2009 6:18:55 PM
Tebow announced he is coming back for his Senior Season. Huge mistake, he has a chance to leave early and go to a good team. I say take the money young man, you have had a great college career, no go start your life.
 1fitguy
Msg: 207
COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON
Posted: 1/12/2009 5:22:27 AM
The cornhuskers will be back some day...just a matter of time. My OU Sooners went through a few pretty lean years but got Stoops in 2000 and it's been a heck of a ride since then.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON