Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Copying Profiles      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Fluffy Handcuffs
Msg: 1
Copying ProfilesPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I know we had a thread up about this approx 6mths ago, but i cant find it anywhere... so here goes:

I just recently came across a couple of profiles (female) written in the same format as Ive done, with much of the same info as Ive put in mine ... Ive had mine up for ages (minimum of 1 year at least), without changes so I kinda know its a 'copy' of sorts...

I know a PoF girlfriend of mine actually had a GUY cut & paste info from her profile and put it into his own...

I know "copying" is supposed to be a form of flattery... but it kinda makes me shake my head, as I know it did with another. I thinks its really strange that you cant be yourself with your own info and even moreso ORIGINAL in your own little space about YOU.

Anyone esle ever come across something similair? whether its you profile or someone's you know?
 Fluffy Handcuffs
Msg: 2
Copying Profiles
Posted: 9/10/2006 10:39:56 PM

who in their right mind would copy my profile...

with so little there (in the profile )... too easy (not you) to copy!
 get REEL
Msg: 3
Copying Profiles
Posted: 9/10/2006 10:48:14 PM
yup - I've noticed........moronic behaviour I think...
...everyone wants to be just like me....
get there own
 who_the_fox
Msg: 4
Copying Profiles
Posted: 9/11/2006 6:16:59 AM
I have had people take my pics and claim them as their own....but never anything I have written
 Fluffy Handcuffs
Msg: 5
Copying Profiles
Posted: 9/11/2006 9:38:58 AM
peppy, I clearly state pics arent mine

this isnt about "pics" but info. you should read a post before you respond.

youve always been a shyt disturber (e.g. remember the emails you were harrassing a few of us with from just a little while back? and pretending you werent you?) at your age it still hasnt changed.

get you periods in place
 APrettyBride33
Msg: 6
Copying Profiles
Posted: 9/11/2006 10:07:16 AM
Nope, never had anyone copy my profile... but then my profile is pretty specific to who me and Mr. 2Fish are... either that, or I'm a really crappy writer and no one wants to copy me!!!!
 DoneLikeDinner
Msg: 7
Copying Profiles
Posted: 9/11/2006 3:56:40 PM
Ummm...I think you^^^^missed the whole point of the original post.

I just recently came across a couple of profiles (female) written in the same format as Ive done, with much of the same info as Ive put in mine ...

She does state INFO, not pictures.....but then again some people like to compare apples and oranges just for the sake of stirring things up.
 get REEL
Msg: 8
Copying Profiles
Posted: 9/11/2006 9:09:24 PM

really and even some people taking what you have written in the forums and making it a part of their profile.....

the audacity of some people i mean get reel....................................

splendid ^^^ you love my doctored up virgin and you know it!.........bjork bjork
 theon54
Msg: 9
Copying Profiles
Posted: 12/21/2006 10:56:02 AM
Anyone else ever come across something similar?

Yes, I did, a few days ago I found a woman's profile that was obviously mine slightly simplified (some sentences removed) and a few details changed - e.g., instead of being originally from Spain she is supposedly from France, instead moving to the US in 1993 she did it in 1987, instead of a man she is a woman . . . everything else (except for the few sentences removed) is just a literal copy of my profile. I emailed her noticing how similar we are, but up to now I have not received a reply.

I still cannot understand why anybody in the world would want to use my profile - except perhaps for the fact that it may look well written, but my personal characteristics are so rare in this country that the possibilities of finding a match based on those characteristics are a near impossibility here. I am sort of a one-in-a-million looking for someone who is also a one-in-a-million. There are hundreds of profiles here that would serve the purpose far better than mine. Why in the world did she (or whoever is behind that profile) picked precisely mine?!
 Tropical_Zest
Msg: 10
Copying Profiles
Posted: 4/15/2007 3:44:27 PM
Thx Windy Skies for pointing it out!
Thx to the guys who emailed about it!

Maybe she'll read it & change it.

I'll give her until tomorrow to redeem herself.
We'll see. We'll see.

Her header does say she "doesn't give a fukc".

So much for "100% honesty and having a ZEST for life!"
 ÐÎLLÏGÃF™
Msg: 11
Copying Profiles
Posted: 4/16/2007 11:47:34 AM
well I have had parts of my profile taken from time to time... hasn't bothered me...
I think if someone air's their bytches in the threads that they are EXTREAMLY PETTY...
hence DILLIGAF.. to all that is said here....:shit happen's:

-----///\\-----Please
----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---account If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who Died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
how many have copied and pasted this... is this now STEALING?????????
 bcboy72
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Copying Profiles
Posted: 4/16/2007 2:58:45 PM
Just make sure there are no spelling errors...or I won't talk to you.

laugh...but it's true.

VV -lol..just read your profile. I read that somewhere..don't remember..I liked it.
 Neysha61
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Copying Profiles
Posted: 4/16/2007 3:11:52 PM
^^^credit due .... credit given
bcboy72 I know how to copy and paste with the best of 'em!
 BrnEyesLostMind
Msg: 14
Copying Profiles
Posted: 4/16/2007 7:43:54 PM
Yup...have had my whole profile copy and pasted too, but it was by a man. Go figure, very odd...especially when he left a few of the female references in there...duh!

I know it happens, it certainly doesn't impress me when I see the exact same thing from one profile to another. Shows lack of imagination and to be honest...also some-one's integrity or lack of. Makes me wonder what type of person they are if they feel the need to poach large portions of an-other's profile. Single lines that catch your attention, sure...but the whole thing or most of it...not someone I'd want to be spending much time with.

As for the ribbon thing...nowhere near the same thing, supporting a disease or remembering someone that's had it is quite honorable and for the most part shows compassion. That's a copy and paste I can completely support.
 ieatrocks
Msg: 15
Copying Profiles
Posted: 4/16/2007 8:01:24 PM
No one copies my profiles :D
 GravityEddy
Msg: 16
Copying Profiles
Posted: 7/31/2007 3:45:03 PM
I've had a thought...
Perhaps all this business of copying profiles is a quick way for a spammer to get a valid profile online so he/she/it can access the system? Or, if not a spammer, maybe someone who does not want anything more than the thrill of messaging/begin messaged by people in the system?
I have spent many years online in both IRC and other chat systems, and it still amazes me how many people want to pretend to be something they are not, even so far as pretending to be of the opposite sex (usually male --> female).
Never underestimate the twists of the human mind. ;)

**There are three kinds of people who can do math.. those who can, and those who can't!!***
 sweet_tart5
Msg: 17
Copying Profiles
Posted: 12/27/2009 7:06:47 PM
what should one do if one came across a profile that copied their exact info and even used their PICS as well?? that's so messed.
 Gourmand123
Msg: 18
Copying Profiles
Posted: 12/27/2009 7:08:15 PM
^^sorry, not sure if I am reading you right. Are you saying there are two of your profiles??
 sweet_tart5
Msg: 19
Copying Profiles
Posted: 12/27/2009 7:28:39 PM
yes...some sicko copied and pasted my entire profile info and used my pics as well and put it on their profiles and i'm extremely creeped out right now...what should i do?
 Entzauberung
Msg: 20
 less evolved
Msg: 21
Copying Profiles
Posted: 12/27/2009 9:10:24 PM
Sic the Moderators on these non conforming dissidents.
 herewego68
Msg: 22
Copying Profiles
Posted: 12/28/2009 11:51:17 AM
As long as the pics aren't the same, lol, is it really a big deal?
 Gourmand123
Msg: 23
Copying Profiles
Posted: 12/28/2009 12:11:23 PM
^^well I would think that the fact that the individual used someone else's pictures to begin with..... makes the whole copying issue a big deal?? For one thing, if I found two of the same profile, I would ignore both
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Copying Profiles