Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > why do men always have to look at other women!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MasterFireWalker
Msg: 145
why do men always have to look at other women!! Page 27 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
Well, Horsey, you're no fun at the orgy.
 coveredinpaint
Msg: 146
why do men always have to look at other women!!
Posted: 12/2/2009 3:20:03 PM
If you look at a boy, or a man, or a an old woman, or an ugly woman for any reason, even if it is just because your eyes happen to be facing their direction, then it is a non-issue. But if the person is an attractive woman then you only could have been looking at her because you are lusting after her. Am I getting this right?
 bucsgirl
Msg: 147
Posted: 12/2/2009 4:02:25 PM
Basically I think it's just manners. Hey I like looking at good looking men, doesn't mean I want to get them naked or even picture them naked. I can look at something to appreciate how it looks and be done with it. I like looking at lots of things that look good, big whoop that's just human nature.

If I'm out with someone, then they have my attention. Doesn't mean I may not notice someone walking by, but it doesn't divert my attention enough to detract from the conversation with the person I'm with.

I wouldn't want to be with a man that didn't look at other women, I'd think he'd be strange in some way. Now if he stopped talking to me and whipped his head around, well that'd be rude. I'm pretty easy to get along with, so a person has to do something fairly extreme to make me call them out for it, which I'll do.

I'm secure in myself, so it doesn't bother me if the man I'm with or even involved with looks at other women. For crap sake, I expect him to still be a man and visual. If he's with me it's because he wants to for whatever reason, and if he doesn't then it's his own free will to exercise.

Bottom line is, I don't make a big deal about it. I do not excuse or let pass behavior that's rude or offensive. Outside of that, it's all good.
 girlred228
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2009 8:49:24 AM
Cause they have eyes... and that is what they are for.. I look at other guys.. who cares if he looks ... are women that insecure?... I guess so.. too bad.. glad I am not...
 coveredinpaint
Msg: 149
Posted: 12/3/2009 11:07:44 AM
"If they wanted to be with the other woman they are just looking at, they would be. "

By that rational, the reason I am not with Marissa Miller right now is because I don't want to be, correct?

I think the REAL reason men are with the woman they are with is because that is the person they ended up with. Not because that person beat out all other comers and was the best in that man's eyes.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 150
Posted: 12/3/2009 11:12:40 AM
Same reason I look at good looking men when they walk by, and yes I've done it on dates. I appreciate beauty. Doesn't mean I want to get up and follow all of them.

I'll dish with a guy about a hot woman walking by - I don't find it threatning. I don't have any interest in women but I can appreciate good looks just the same.
 MasterFireWalker
Msg: 151
Posted: 12/3/2009 3:17:35 PM
Margo, you had me until you said the "R" word.
 god_of_rock
Msg: 152
Posted: 12/3/2009 4:27:16 PM
same reason most women will scope what they thinka re hot guys:

because they are there

and nice to look at

simple enough?
 DIVISION77
Msg: 153
Posted: 12/3/2009 5:00:15 PM
There's nothing wrong with looking.

It's "touching" that will get you in to trouble.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > why do men always have to look at other women!!