Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > why do men always have to look at other women!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Call Me Sugar
Msg: 101
why do men always have to look at other women!!Page 5 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
I dont think theres anything wrong with looking but i find it disrespectful sometimes if you're with your SO.. im divorced now, for other reasons...
but whoever i date now i could care less who he looks at... its just part of getting older i guess.. it use to bother me when i was younger but it doesnt bother me now...
i look too...

when i was married my ex had a habit of doing this alot tho...

one day we were in the car....
my mom and my 2 yr old daughter were in the back seat... and i was 6 months pregnant with my son....
so we're driving along in stop and go traffic.. my ex sees this pretty girl and practically did an exorcist move (turning his head almost completely around to check her out)
he was getting real close to the car in front of us so i told him to hurry up and get his eyes back on the road, but he was too close and rear ended him.... idiot.....
everyone was ok.. no injuries or damage but it caused a dramatic scene...
i slapped him on the back of the head... i was so p i s s e d..
 privat33r
Msg: 102
view profile
History
why do men always have to look at other women!!
Posted: 4/26/2009 11:02:27 AM
Sugar's right. We can be idiots with the rubber-necking. But some discrete curiousity is natural, and frankly - if guys slow down it doesn't take long before the doc starts thinking about long needles and hormone replacement.
 Riverkilt
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2009 11:16:34 AM
Has to be a primal urge.

Years ago spent a weekend at a nudist resort. It was Sunday evening and a very attractive lady was getting dressed to drive home.

When she bent over to tie her shoes all the men around her instinctively turned and looked down her blouse.

She'd been nude with them for two days. No mystery. No secrets.

Still they looked. Gotta be core instinctive lizard brain behavior.
 nonsensical
Msg: 104
Posted: 4/27/2009 2:38:49 AM
Just because you're on a diet, doesn't mean you can't look at the menu.
 Magic_Fish
Msg: 105
Posted: 4/27/2009 1:52:39 PM
Because there's nothing wrong with looking at the menu, just as long as all meals are consumed at home.

But if there's any snackin' going on between meals, watch out.

They're toast - burnt ones, at that!

MF
 transcend
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2009 7:24:53 PM
I can't speak for anyone but me.. I have predator vision as most humans do..anything that moves draws my attention..its saved my life several times.. once i have defined whatever approaches i look away but im not going to stare right in front of me just because some one's ego can't handle it if i look away, then back..
That being said scoping out just the women is rude and i understand the objection to that any sane person might have..
I will look at what is moving towards me and look away once I get the picture.
 JoeJunkie
Msg: 107
Posted: 4/30/2009 7:58:51 AM
As many many other posters have said OP, we are human! Women look just as much as men IMO, women have just mastered the art of subtlety better. Although, I do have a friend who, bless his heart, had a little trick he did. He wore a watch and when his girl caught his head turning he would look at his watch and tap it like it wasn't working right... lol.. funny and cute. He loved his girl though.

Some of us are very visual people. I like the car analogy. If you're driving down the freeway in your dependable, comfortable, good running car and you see a souped up beauty, you're gonna glance at it. You may admire it, you may even imagine what it would be like to drive that car, but you're not going to go trade yours in.

I am not Miss America by any means, but I have no qualms about pointing out good looking girls to someone I am with, especially if she has body parts that I envy. Example.. I will point out if a girl has an awesome rack (no disrespect intented) or a beautiful round booty. I won't disrespect by pointing out a guys attributes though, although I may internally enjoy the view for a moment. The person I am with should be confident enough to know that they are the one I want to get home and get naked, not someone else.

Love this time of year when shirts come off... Woot! Bless construction workers!
 kcihteteyr
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2009 5:29:31 PM
Its disrespectful and some men truly don't realize they are looking. My thoughts to this is go ahead and look as long as you go home with me. Also while he's looking at another girl theirs probably a guy or two near by checking me out! Plenty of fish in the sea!
 sonofabiscuit2
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2009 5:55:25 PM
Ok, I actually started thinking about this the other day for no apparent reason. Men look at women because we are the pursuers in the relationship, women don't want to take over that task, so we continue to do it. The problem is that because men are trained to pursue we continue to pursue even once the hunt is over, it's natural. Ok I don't buy any of this, I'm just blowing smoke. LOL
 Ed Bear
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2009 3:20:15 AM
Some ladies I have known enjoy joint people-watching - if I seriously listened to what they said and pointed out guys they'd probably be happy to see, they took it well, and would often point out some ladies for me. One woman was rather insecure and kept asking me if I liked that woman, or if that one was nicer than she (yeah, like I'm answering that ANY times!) or what was my "type" (what? type? Infinite diversity in infinite combinations!)

In general, I avoid lying or denying. I go straight to, "Damn! Why can't I make my hair do that!" or "Hey, wouldn't you look great in that?" No sneeky-peeking.
ED BEAR

Quazi 100
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2009 8:04:26 PM

Because THEY'RE THERE....
 SoFlo_Frank
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2009 9:30:33 PM
I have the same problem with my girl. She can't stand it and I haven't found a way to stop yet. My girl is the best in every way you could think of but I can't help to look. Specially when they're looking at me too. Maybe they are prettier than you or they're carrying a bigger package than you. The most important things is Love. If he loves you then don't worry about it. He's not going anywhere. You possess certain qualities those girls don't have and that's what's important to him (at least me). If you can't deal with it. Ask him not to make it so obvious because he will never stop. It's in our blood.
 crystalfever
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2009 6:04:11 AM
I know a friend who's guy turns around and says 'wow i'd hit that' in front of her. Shes slapped him. Ive laughed. And the cycle starts again.
My partner has said to another woman in front of his ex 'i'd do ya if i wasnt a married man' now i told him when i heard that, if you ever say that to any of my friends (and i dont care how low their self esteem is and if your trying to make them feel better!) its dumpsville, population you.
If i was his Ex i would have gotten up at that party and stalked out after telling him 'well you no longer have to worry about being married so feel free'.
 crystalfever
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2009 7:11:44 AM
I dunno dude...i in NO uncertain terms want colin farrel.
HAHAHA
 Quazi 100
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2009 8:48:23 AM
I was going into a burger joint with my ex and his 21 year old daughter....he was holding the door for his daughter and me....he was looking at a lottery ticket at the same time. Daughter and I get through the door, and he comes through the door, looking up from the lottery ticket. He shouts "Oh my God!" and STARES at the chest of the woman behind the counter......it was huge. Daughter and I look at each other, mouths open.....we BOTH slap my ex on his arms....we go to the counter, and apologize to the woman behind the counter....we had trouble getting her to stop laughing, so that we could apologize.

We all had trouble eating our burgers, we were laughing so hard.

Did I feel threatened.....NO....I was glad that the lady behind the counter was such a good sport about it.
 scottishexile2008
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2009 11:00:17 AM
becasue we are pigs and we fantasise about what we would like to do to the other women ...
 cncgandolf
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2009 5:34:16 PM
"It's ok to look.....just not too long! Hell, I look..I got eyes in my head too! I also know when to look away."

Well said. I appreciate beauty in either gender and am likely to look. Some I am likely to look just because their clothing or style has caught my interest.

The difference is in lusting. Never ok to lust.
 SilkySteels
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2009 5:51:12 PM
Don't be such a control freak. I know deep down every female has the want to rule the world but they cant so they endeavor in the closest thing possible which is known as marriage. Just because a man has interest or love for you doesn't mean he is completely consumed by you. Why is it that a man engaged in watching sport strikes the same attention seeking spawn of jealousy that lies when he glances at another girl only because of natural instinctual attractive attributes. My advise is to be happy with what you have in life and accept that there are millions of people in lesser control of their lives to the point where they struggle to afford to feed themselves or a loved one and do not have the option of walking into a sex shop and purchasing a set of edible underwear with a vibrating CoKc-ring (miss-spelt intentionally) for the joys of pleasuring each other in an intimate moment for which everything else is forgotten but only the expression and pleasure of one another. You cant rule the world but u can have small doses if u don't get 2 greedy.. and yeah get over urself.. its hard to come across a female who is religious and believes in purpose of life.. and if there is an scientific relevance to this argument.. its called genetics and instincts of mating. Men are attracted to big boobs, without this? the world wouldn't be as populated as it is.
 MostFunMan
Msg: 119
Posted: 5/12/2009 1:37:27 PM
horseygirl? What kind of name is that? You come across as some whiney 3rd grader.
 whitegirllover09
Msg: 120
Posted: 5/13/2009 6:34:14 AM
ok great question but another question is why do women deny it when they look at other men? its ok to look but know your boundaries dont just stare and drool over someone when ur with ur significant other or out on a date
 Dr0pper
Msg: 121
Posted: 5/15/2009 5:43:51 AM
People are not naturally civilized they are a product of there environment. Beneth it all we have animal urges just like the lions and tigers and bears. Mankind is actually becoming less civilized. It makes it easier to control you.
 tbuddha
Msg: 122
Posted: 5/20/2009 7:53:31 AM

why is it that a man cant be happy with just you? And why also do they have to lie about it, when they have been caught looking at other girls. Surely if they are happy with someone, they wouldnt feel the need to look at other women?!

Maybe they're just not happy with "YOU". Seriously, you get mad about where your guys eyes go? Take a look in the mirror, are you really so hot that a man could not possibly gaze upon anyone else? Get real.
 A.P.E.
Msg: 123
Posted: 5/20/2009 8:26:55 AM
What is so wrong with looking?
I like reeses, but occasionally I glance over at the twizzlers, even though i am not really a fan at all.
 southshore46
Msg: 124
Posted: 5/20/2009 10:51:17 AM
I don't care if my boyfriend / husband ( at the time ) looks at another woman. There is a difference between acknowledeging another attractive woman and wanting to hit on her. Heck, I will look at an attractive man when I see one.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 125
Posted: 5/20/2009 8:45:11 PM
None of the attractivce women care.

What it really boils down to is that jealousy stems from self consciousness, so self confident people don't care much.

I sure don't.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > why do men always have to look at other women!!