Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Wickens
Msg: 10
What does music do for youPage 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
What does music do for me....wow that's a big question for someone like myself.

In one word, everything.
My guitar is my only true love.
Everyone who knows me knows that if I dont have music or my guitar I would probably go insane or just get so sick of life in general that I wouldnt bother with anything.

People think it's weird that I actually DO love my guitar; But if you look at it from my perspective it makes more sense than anything in the world.
Music is something that for some reason I have no trouble grasping. Not just listening to it, but understanding the notes, the song and being able to play it on instruments.
Up until I was 16 I was sure that my life would be going to school for IT courses and using PC's for the rest of my life.
Then I found out that somehow I had a natural ability when it comes to music and instruments.
It's the ONLY thing in my life that makes sense to me and that I understand completely.
That's why music to me is EVERYTHING.
Plus that and I think that no matter what you're doing there's a Megadeth song to fit that moment
 *buzz*
Msg: 22
view profile
History
What does music do for you
Posted: 9/25/2006 10:47:39 AM
Soothes my mind, inspires ... it is an outlet where I can "spread my wings" and erase thousand and thousand miles that part me from my memories or dreams. As a child and adolescent I've never liked saxophone until I accidently stumbled on Kenny G in tropics and fell in love with this lovely musical instrument that looks so sexy in skillful hands just like its tunes provide perfect colourful background to voice that speaks my mind in so many ways and so many forms. And if you play by chance any instrument, you would agree that playing it means forgetting time exactly like being hooked up on the internet. Pointless to ask what is more beneficial to a troubled mind ... "Don't Make Me Wait For ..." - hammock ... sea breeze ... I close eyes and try to hide the darkness ...
 Melodic Euphoria
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/22/2006 10:08:41 PM
Music opens a whole new world. A world of melodic sounds and infinite creative possibilities.
 neuromantic
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2006 11:51:15 PM
Music is my obsession. I play keyboards, I do a late night radio show, and design websites for bands. I'm even typing the reply from the radio station. It's kept me going through the crappier times in my life. I wouldn't be here now if it wasn't for music...

Toe knee :-)
 Manseekscompanion
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/30/2006 1:51:44 AM
If there was no music the world would be so much more lonely for a single person...
 islandprincess_
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/30/2006 7:20:25 PM
Music is the air that I breathe. It soothes me in the worst of times, and it celebrates the joys of life with me. It deeply defines who I am, what I believe, and hopefully will have some footing into who I become. The only TRUE love is music.

xox

amY
 Sass_and_Class
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2007 6:11:32 PM
Music expresses what words alone can not in life.
 vhdc
Msg: 51
Posted: 7/31/2007 2:52:47 PM
whoops, wrong forum.
 sandysinister
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2007 8:23:03 PM
I am telling you music freaks me out man.

It won’t leave me alone. I want to hit something. It don’t matter what it is. It gets me agitated, fidgety. It makes me want to scream sometimes. You see it all starts as soon as music hits the ear man, it’s so violent when it is loud.

It shakes its way into my head, knocking about the vestibulocochlear nerve, forages all these electric pathways, these synapse totally messing with these axon and those dendrites getting them all hyper, rushing the blood flow, drowning my brain with oxygen. They set up little electric countries, so to speak, with highways to old memory communities, that help to build new figurative neuron societies, leaving me in a teary, shaking mess.

I start Seeing dots. Thinking with a tic tic tic influence. Tapping my toes man, whistling and clapping my hands until I want to do a one handed somersault toward the closest woman studying me, with a crazy smile on her face, so I can spin her into my arms and we can worship the religion of sound together man because, if I’ve said it once I’ve said it a million times baby

MUSIC IS PRAYER.
 nipoleon
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2007 3:42:59 AM
Music is the most powerful drug known.
Nothing else can alter the mental and emotional state as effectively as music.
Sometimes, certain passages have an effect on me which I can only describe as chemical.
Amazingly, music is universal.
Different cultures have different musical styles and sounds.
Yet, " happy " music from one culture is recognized as " happy " when listened to by people in another culture. The same is true for " melancholy " music as well.

One thing I despise is music as wallpaper.
I like to listen to music, I don't like having music as background noise.
 skybiz
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2007 2:27:06 AM
I wish my music made me money.

I need a piano player in Frankston, Melbourne - Australia
 Dracoa79
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2007 8:19:41 PM
Music does so much, pumps up adrenaline, soothes a weary soul, brings joy, brings sadness. Music truly is the universal language.
 gringo88
Msg: 88
Posted: 1/15/2008 12:32:21 AM
Bascially RADIOHEAD does it for me!!
 setitoff6
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2008 9:32:18 AM
is that a children of bodom refference COBHC? haha i know my metal.
 gringo88
Msg: 91
Posted: 1/18/2008 3:50:20 AM
well songs like "Enya" BY Age of Electric (not the artist enya) do sooo much

get your groove on lol
 blonde chickie
Msg: 93
Posted: 1/22/2008 8:15:49 AM
Music is the most important thing in my life. I have become a music lover at age 5, started playing guitar at 15 and been a music lover since. When I listen to music, it makes me happy and alive, I would be lost without it
 fancynanci
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2008 5:21:38 PM
Music brings out all my passion, my strength, my love, my creativity, my inner-self. Without music, I wouldn't be here.
 *buzz*
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2008 12:58:23 AM
Music definitely relights my fire.
 Lady~s Lament
Msg: 99
Posted: 1/30/2008 1:55:09 PM
Therapeutic catharsis.
 frozenskin
Msg: 101
Posted: 2/3/2008 9:22:52 PM
A soundtrack to dayreams with non stop nodding.
 Lady~s Lament
Msg: 102
Posted: 2/9/2008 7:57:38 PM
It makes my soul sing through every pore of my body.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >