Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 57
WHY DO MEN LIE TO GET A WOMAN TO FALL IN LOVEPage 2 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

Why do men lie to get a woman to fall in love then when she does fall in love and she finds out the lies the man gets mad and runs off..

In all fairness unless he or she is under 21, methink you need to check whats wrong with you.
Getting laid is sex & not the same as love. As love is above that in the real world.
 Rarebird76
Msg: 58
WHY DO MEN LIE TO GET A WOMAN TO FALL IN LOVE
Posted: 10/26/2010 6:16:23 PM
Lying is fun for the whole family. That's why.
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 60
Posted: 10/27/2010 9:18:48 AM
And why does anyone resurrect a thread that's been dead for 4 freaking years......

And why do people respond to the OP like it is current...
 DemonLeather
Msg: 61
Posted: 10/27/2010 1:25:29 PM
"Why do men lie to get a woman to fall in love then when she does fall in love and she finds out the lies the man gets mad and runs off.....why can't you be honest from the beginning? "

ummm,.. because you wouldn't give us the time of day, if we DIDN'T lie,.. then,.. we'd never get into your pants, Then,.. where would we run from?? See?! It's a viscious circle... Now If you women would lower your standards to say..."ZERO" we wouldn't HAVE to lie, because we'd have nothing to live up to.. So you see YOU are at least HALF the problem.. Look,. I'm willing to be nothing,. IF you'll LET me be nothing..Then, I can get into your pants WITHOUT having to Lie,. Is that so hard to understand!???
 JP1111
Msg: 62
Posted: 10/27/2010 1:46:06 PM
The questions really is “Why do women fall for them?”.

If women based they're love on the words from him then, I see that they do nor have the best way of actually falling in love... if they ever have been in love.
 lazzer53
Msg: 63
Posted: 10/27/2010 8:24:24 PM
I wouldn't lie to get a woman to fall in love, What I wonder is why women lie in a relationship. A man says would you mind if I went to the ball game today? She say's yes it ok I don't mind. You get home, she is angry that you went. Saying "you should have known" Then treats the man badly for day's. On both sides be honest and say what you mean.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 64
Posted: 10/27/2010 11:39:38 PM
Heard a saying recently and it was talking about men; but probably could go for both genders...

a man will only fall in love with someone who validates the image he wants to have of himself. So what to her is lying is him trying to paint himself in a lovable light.

sometimes it's "spin" and sometimes it's flat out misdirection; but a lot of times what seems deceptive is a man selling how he sees himself; not necessarily what he (or she) truly is... in the saying it becomes the truth to him. (or her)

if they are trying to justify things... for a certain outcome.

Genuineness, opaqueness and being open are not things that come easily to everyone... but when people have the guts to do it (both ways) people actually can communicate, learn where each other really are at and avoid misunderstandings, misperceptions and miscommunications. They can really get to know each other; not waste time if they aren't a good fit after all; and actually learn trust and compatability if they are a good fit.

In a perfect world anyways; but right now the world is far from perfect. :)
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 65
Posted: 10/28/2010 3:56:27 PM
An older, white haired man walked into a jewelry store this past Friday evening with a beautiful much younger gal on his arm. He told the jeweler he was looking for a special ring for his girlfriend. The jeweler looked through his stock and brought out a $5,000 ring.

The old man said, "No, I'd like to see something more special."

With that statement, the jeweler went to his special stock and brought another ring over. "Here's a stunning ring at only $40,000," the jeweler said. The lady's eyes sparkled and her whole body trembled with excitement.
The old man upon seeing this said, "We'll take it!"

The jeweler asked how payment would be made and the old man stated, "by check. I know you need to make sure my check is good, so I'll write it now and you can call the bank Monday to verify the funds and I'll pick the ring up Monday afternoon."

On Monday morning, the jeweler phoned the old man and angrily shouted at him, "Your check bounced! There's not even any money in that account!"

"I know,'"said the old man, "But let me tell you about my GREAT WEEKEND!"

See.......Not all Seniors are senile
 A REAL ROMEO
Msg: 66
Posted: 1/9/2011 8:14:16 PM
Why do women run it up a guy's butt that she just meets online just because SHE has been wasting her time with all those LOSERS that you are griping about?

I've been searching for GypsiAngel... We should be together. Where is she?
 x_file
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/10/2011 1:51:00 AM

Why do men lie to get a woman to fall in love then when she does fall in love and she finds out the lies the man gets mad and runs off.....why can't you be honest from the beginning?

1) If he did lie (which says something about him), you believed him (which says something about you).

2) May be he didn't lie. Perhaps you lied to yourself.

3) It is easier to play the victim than take responsibility.
 platypus_man
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2011 11:25:28 AM
Most guys lie to avoid conflict. How about these:
Of course you don’t look fat. You look great, here, eat some cake.
Your new haircut looks great!
Loose clothing is best; you don’t want to cut off your circulation.
I love it when your mom stays here. Her criticism makes me a better man. She’s right, two jobs isn’t enough for an ambitious man like me.
Why are you using make up? You certainly don’t need any. But if you’d like, I’ll take a cosmetology class to help.
You shouldn’t do dishes, you’ll ruin your hands. Let me do it.
No, of course not, your feet aren’t cold on my back. I love it when you warm them on me.
No, of course we don’t have to have sex. I’m sure you’re still tired from your trip to your mom’s last year.
We have plenty of room for your family right here and they can stay as long as necessary. We can convert my den into your mom’s room, the living room for your sister’s kids, and the dining room for your sister and her husband. After all, most of the world lives in worse conditions. And I can pick up extra work on weekends and evenings, most people don’t want to work those shifts.
I never look at other women. You’re the most beautiful woman in the world, why would I want to?
Another cat! Great! The other six were looking for a new playmate! Besides, we only have on in that color, after all, everything comes in threes!
No, you’re right, most women in the world don’t shave their legs, so it’s perfectly all natural.
We should try new foods more often! You should send in your recipe for the sardine milkshake to Redbook.

Oh, women lie too. Some examples heard from my ex during dating and marriage:
I hate shopping.
I only have a few pairs of shoes/handbags/ whatever item of clothes, I really don’t need more, just the basics.
Nothing fancy, really, I’d rather go to IHOP/Outback/Olive Garden/Bennigans.
A small wedding is better, just my mom and dad and brothers from my side.
Money’s not as important as being together. I’d rather have you home on time and be around on the weekends.
This house is perfect. We’ll never have to move again.
Msg: 69
Posted: 1/10/2011 1:25:25 PM
Men don't lie to get a woman to fall in love with them.Some men may do this but men in general do not.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 70
Posted: 1/11/2011 6:06:01 PM
Why do men lie to get a woman to fall in love?
Your answer is in the coverse of this question.
Why do women fall in love with liars ?.....

It takes two to tangle and if you werent saying yes, he wouldnt be throwing the game down.
 Maleman999
Msg: 71
Posted: 1/11/2011 7:09:02 PM
How else can guys convince women that the guy a woman is seeing is the knight in shining armor that the woman has dreamed about all of her life who has come to sweep her off of her feet? He's got to tell tales like the horse he came on isn't here right now because the city bylaw says this area is a no-horse-parking area, and he isn't wearing his shining armor right now because it's at the blacksmith's shop being polished.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 72
Posted: 1/12/2011 1:01:41 AM
Maybe a better question is why do some women fall in love so easily?
 mysterychick63
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2011 10:10:05 PM
dogslife2live summed it up the best!!
 JP1111
Msg: 75
Posted: 1/12/2011 11:51:28 PM
Why do men lie to get a woman to fall in love? Simple, because some women want to fall for it.

I'm not picking on you or trying to make you feel bad, I just want to point out that you seem to love being in love. Some men will notice that in you and will be ready to play the game with you too... for a while.

The question I would ask you is “why did it take her so long to find out?”.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 76
Posted: 1/13/2011 2:47:02 AM

Why do men lie to get a woman to fall in love then when she does fall in love and she finds out the lies the man gets mad and runs off.....why can't you be honest from the beginning?

Me thinks men do not have the exclusive copyright on lying or "faking" themselves in the best light to"win" a partner.

To pretend to like anything from barbecue,football, to certain sexual acts..then get him hooked..and change..NAW that doesn't happen.
Lie about age, weight..desires, intentions,income, health, interests...........both sexes are guilty.

So the question is.
Why do people not check people out and get to know if they are lying before getting so INVOLVED emotionally and physically?

Op..This isn't the men suck forum..kay??
 tryingonemoretime2009
Msg: 77
Posted: 1/14/2011 11:31:54 PM
No answer to that one. The man I fell for did nothing but lie cheat steal from and to everyone he met. II worked with him and everyone warned me what a creep he was. But did I listen know because for the first five months he was the sweetest man . But once I had to stop working there he changed why because he did not have to make himself look good to everyone at work. Which he does even steal from there. He has been on every date site on the web found him every where. The picture he uses is him at least 7 years ago covers his balding head and his rotten teeth that are falling out. I just want women to watch out he is out there and he does horrible horrible things to women. If any one wants to contact me i will tell them who to waych out for. I have proof to show that he is what i say he is.
 KickboxingCuteGuy
Msg: 78
Posted: 1/15/2011 12:53:39 AM
Sorry but women are stupid to believe it.
 yumyumwow
Msg: 80
Posted: 1/15/2011 1:14:57 PM
because the women wouldn't have fallen in love with them if they'd told the truth? They probably think it's better to lie and have love for a time than to be miserable and alone, never having love at all. Do these people deserve love? who knows? but that's probably why they do it.
 djb39
Msg: 81
Posted: 2/8/2011 11:58:18 PM
I bet there is as many men hurt by a womans lie as the other way arround. I think a lot of truths can be scary. I just hope i never back down from one.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 82
Posted: 2/9/2011 1:19:49 AM
I don't recall too many men fretting over how to GET a woman to fall in love with them!
The closest I've heard was men fretting over how often they can bang a woman WITHOUT them falling in love!
 AquanGold
Msg: 83
Posted: 2/9/2011 4:28:56 AM
Why do men lie to get a woman to fall in love then when she does fall in love and she finds out the lies the man gets mad and runs off.....why can't you be honest from the beginning? .
This type of attitude sets the entire women's movement back 1000`s of years to our Prehistoric Ancestors!
I gather from your question all women are sheep, they have no thought process and are unable to comprehend anything about a man! They believe a man will mislead them,cajole them into getting into the sack and tell them things they only want to hear,without have any thought about themselves!
It takes two to tango, if you`re into being mislead or lied to than who`s fault is that?
It sounds like you`ve had your share of one night stands and can`t differentiate the difference between an actual relationship and quickie!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >