Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 140
view profile
History
WHY DO MEN LIE TO GET A WOMAN TO FALL IN LOVEPage 5 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Lies or no lies, It's been my experience that women in general, fall in love way too easy and far too soon.
 abelian
Msg: 141
WHY DO MEN LIE TO GET A WOMAN TO FALL IN LOVE
Posted: 3/25/2011 5:02:13 AM

I would lie if I were asked this question.

Really? That would really annoy the hell out of me. My test for whether or not a person's opinion is reliable is whether or not the person is willing to tell me something I probably would not want to hear.
 ohenryx
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2011 9:43:54 AM

I would lie if I were asked this question.

Really? That would really annoy the hell out of me. My test for whether or not a person's opinion is reliable is whether or not the person is willing to tell me something I probably would not want to hear.

Wait a minute. I'm losing track of the referents. "this question" refers to what?

Are we talking about "Does size matter?"

After re-reading, I guess we are talking about that. Funny, I have never asked that question. Now, I have been asked, any number of times, by any number of women,

1) Does this make by butt look too big?
2) Do you think my breasts are too small / big / droopy / whatever ?

My preferred response to these questions is to start fondling / kissing / licking / nibbling the area in question. This usually answers all questions non-verbally.
 Whatisnewwithyou
Msg: 143
Posted: 3/25/2011 11:56:24 AM
"In my experience it isn't only women who do that. Why are misogynists on here looking to date the very thing they despise?"

^^^Why are there women on here that want to do the same thing, or are so happy alone they want to convince others who don't want to be alone that they should be alone?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 144
Posted: 3/25/2011 12:04:06 PM

Why are misogynists on here looking to hook up with the very thing they despise?

While, I will stipulate there are men here who do appear to be quite misogynistic, one need only to look at the threads that have gained traction.

1)WHY DO MEN LIE TO GET A WOMAN TO FALL IN LOVE
2)Why are men so angry??? Is this true?
3)Middle Aged Cheap Skates....
4)What stops a man from cheating?

We men must all be lying, cheating, angry, cheapskates.
 Whatisnewwithyou
Msg: 145
Posted: 3/25/2011 12:08:37 PM
"I am not the one making sweeping generalizations about 'men.' Why not try thinking before you respond. As well, I am not single nor alone. So, well, you know what assuming too much does, right?"

^^^ It does absolutely nothing when one is using generalizations to claim that other posts are making generalizations. Pot meet Kettle.

"We men must all be lying, cheating, angry, cheapskates."

^^^Must be why women love us so much. LOL!
 OutMind
Msg: 146
Posted: 3/25/2011 12:10:19 PM
Many guys have been burn so many times when they have fallen in love with a woman before they do, that a huge protective shell is developed. So then while the woman falls in love with the guy, he is not ready. If she pressures, he starts to pull away. Then she gets hurt, because he is not in love, and she starts to pull away. So by the time that he begins to fall in love, the girl is ready to move on.

I hear this story all the time.
 Whatisnewwithyou
Msg: 147
Posted: 3/25/2011 12:17:18 PM
"I did not say men are all lying, cheating, angry, cheapskates. You do not know how to think logically, do you?"

^^^Not only are we all lying, cheating, angry, cheapskates, we also do not have the ability to think logically. Wonder what else us men are unable to do?

"I made one about a specific man who made a comment, a generalization about all women. "

^^^Instead of the thread subject no doubt, but if you know this from personal experiences with said man, instead of what is posted on a forum wall for entertainment purpose then I stand or maybe sit corrected.

"Still, when you say something demeaning and derogatory about "women" that "they" fall in love too easy, etc., it seems to me you hold a negative perception of women in general and I wonder why you want to hook up with one if they are all such numbskulls."

^^You got all of that out of someone posting what they have witnessed out in the real world? Also why is falling love easy necessary demeaning? If one is too difficult would that not put off the one who the supposedly love?

I am still waiting to meet an honest woman who buys makeup and miracle bras... Tee hee hee LOL! Or at least takes responsibility in the fact that it is her fault for believing her ex's lies and owns up to that. Instead of putting the blame on anyone other than herself.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 148
Posted: 3/25/2011 12:39:39 PM

While I agree that there are women who seem to be misandrists, these threads are not so much about hating men as wanting to understand. As far as the first one, many men on this thread have agreed that many men lie to get a woman in bed. To a woman, it means 'love,' to a man it means sex. The second is simply asking people if they agree or disagree with a published artical. Don't think the OP was being a misandrist at all, but wanting responses to a theory put forth by someone else. The third, I don't know. I think it is criticizing a certain kind of men, not all. The third I personally think is horse shyte and have posted as such. People who are of poor character cheat, both men and women. However, it isn't just women, but the prevailing cultural attitude that it is men who cheat more often than women. I believe statistics don't bear that out, however.

While I agree that there is much understanding going back and forth in these threads...there's a faction of posters who jump into the threads and validate the thread title...both men and women.

Still, when you say something demeaning and derogatory about "women" that "they" fall in love too easy, etc., it seems to me you hold a negative perception of women in general and I wonder why you want to hook up with one if they are all such numbskulls.

Ehhhh...ummm...when you quote me...and then go on to say you...this and you...that...well, I'm sure your not talking about me in the above quote...but, it sure appears that way...and BTW...these things I have "never" said!!!
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2011 2:07:39 PM
I just love this current politically correct FOS society...."F" stand for full, the other two letters should be a cinch to figure out. Is there a new unwritten law now that people aren't allowed to generalize? Sue me!
 bodypro8ra
Msg: 150
Posted: 3/25/2011 3:30:49 PM
"We men must all be lying, cheating, angry, cheapskates."

^^^Must be why women love us so much. LOL!

Are you an "us?" You can't work a woman unless she wants something from you. There has to be an attraction. Otherwise what are you going to lie and cheat about? LOL. Lot's of lollipops.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 151
Posted: 3/25/2011 4:47:40 PM

Why do men lie to get a woman to fall in love then when she does fall in love and she finds out the lies the man gets mad and runs off.....why can't you be honest from the beginning?

There is a small percentage of people who will outright lie to your face. But my experience with men has been if I outright ask them if they are mainly looking for sex from me, or are they actually interested in a relationship with me, to thier face, they tell you.

The men who are only looking for sex will NOT want the woman to fall for them-this type of man doesnt want a woman calling all the time nor does he want to put in the effort of a relationship with a woman he just wants sex from. (in most cases)

While I cant blame a young lady for falling for bs...I do think as we age we should be refining our BS detector and once 'bitten' you should be asking more and more questions of new PEOPLE who seem to want an IN to your life. It is on all of us to be diligent on this no matter who it is showing you attention. Not everyone showing us attention has our best interests at heart and it would serve everyone well to keep that in mind.

As for the types who pretend to be things they are not, just to get into a relationship with you-time is your greatest weapon. Move slowly, make sure for example if they say they like hiking that you go hiking and see if you both agree on what hiking is. Did the person show up with brand new hiking boots? Then store little tidbit that for later and try to find out why. My bet would be you found a faker who is willing to pretend they are into something just to spend time with you and gain affection. Do what you will with learning something like that but take heed. Take the time to 'vet' what people TELL you. Words are really not much, unless you can see them in action.

Pay attention to things you are told, and pay attention to when thier actions do not support those words. I will bet most people who feel utterly lied to can look back and recall a few 'aha' moments, but they had 'feelings' or the beginning of a crush and overlooked those subtle cues...did not dig into them. As we age, we should learn from those lessons and figure out ways to dig a little deeper next time.

If anything, take these experiences and learn from them.

People will possibly tell you that is jaded, but really...how many times are you going to stick your hand into the fire and get burned before you learn to take some precautions? I am an optimistic person, but I have learned humans will want what they want and try to mirror the person they like to gain affection. Be guided accordingly.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 152
Posted: 3/25/2011 5:04:20 PM
duh: perhaps you are confused as to whom it was that you actually quoted:
your total post #178

My post #175
1)WHY DO MEN LIE TO GET A WOMAN TO FALL IN LOVE
2)Why are men so angry??? Is this true?
3)Middle Aged Cheap Skates....
4)What stops a man from cheating?

We men must all be lying, cheating, angry, cheapskates.

Your post #178
While I agree that there are women who seem to be misandrists, these threads are not so much about hating men as wanting to understand. As far as the first one, many men on this thread have agreed that many men lie to get a woman in bed. To a woman, it means 'love,' to a man it means sex. The second is simply asking people if they agree or disagree with a published artical. Don't think the OP was being a misandrist at all, but wanting responses to a theory put forth by someone else. The third, I don't know. I think it is criticizing a certain kind of men, not all. The third I personally think is horse shyte and have posted as such. People who are of poor character cheat, both men and women. However, it isn't just women, but the prevailing cultural attitude that it is men who cheat more often than women. I believe statistics don't bear that out, however.

Still, when you say something demeaning and derogatory about "women" that "they" fall in love too easy, etc., it seems to me you hold a negative perception of women in general and I wonder why you want to hook up with one if they are all such numbskulls.

msg 182: I was not referring to any post you made. If you assumed I was, that's a curious thing. I was referring to the poster whom I quoted.

When you quote me, and then make a statement....logically it must be my quote you are making a statement about...perhaps these subtle nuances elude you....and I find it curious that you don't know whom you've quoted.
 IdealisticallyPrag
Msg: 153
Posted: 3/25/2011 5:21:14 PM

Why do men lie to get a woman to fall in love then when she does fall in love and she finds out the lies the man gets mad and runs off.....why can't you be honest from the beginning?

I would say it depends on the woman who falls in love with the "wrong" guy! It is in most cases, a common practice! It is not always the fault of the person doing the "wrong." I would certainly say that those who sometimes may have a feeling or intuition that something or someone may be "bad" need to be blamed for participation. They faithfully go forward, giving into their desires for the benefit of thinking that they can please the other by any means necessary. NOT so! The question you need to ask is...Were you really being honest with yourself and could you have realized that there were signs that you would've picked up on as far as the lack of honesty is concerned?
 CheshireChat
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2011 7:21:02 PM
You made me laugh~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :0 thanks
 IdealisticallyPrag
Msg: 155
Posted: 3/26/2011 6:37:54 PM

You made me laugh~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :0 thanks
If you are referring to my comment, your welcome! Is it not true though?
 tanzkity11
Msg: 156
Posted: 3/26/2011 6:52:04 PM
Well thats why I dont trust men.................you have to have a good an extensive amount of explosives to break this brick wall..........men are used to lying and now they are as well cheap so that makes them horrible..............
 Lolita_LeBron
Msg: 157
Posted: 3/26/2011 9:03:16 PM
It is a part of their DNA.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 158
Posted: 3/27/2011 12:30:09 PM
Because telling the truth isn't popular, attractive, nor affectionate or successful.

Want a woman to hate you? Tell her the truth. It is almost an inescapable knee jerk reaction in American culture. You will be labelled rude, crass, insensitive, ignorant, stuck up, uneducated, and of course a D]CK

try it. your next opportunity, tell the woman the truth of what you are really thinking, and not what you think she wants to hear.
you aint getting that date.

or you could change cultures, change the rules; but if you are playing at that level, you best be speaking her language and not english.
 Whatisnewwithyou
Msg: 159
Posted: 3/28/2011 5:37:49 AM
I suggest try being honest when a woman asks "Does this dress make me look fat?" and see how far that gets you.
 Wyatt Earp1
Msg: 160
Posted: 3/29/2011 3:20:53 PM
OP why do women lie to attract a man? Women lie just as much as men on online dating websites ;) Why can't you just be honest and admit women lie?
 Wyatt Earp1
Msg: 161
Posted: 3/29/2011 3:24:08 PM
I loved the Abraham Lincoln commerical. "Honest" Abe is asked by his wife "does this dress make my back look fat?" :D

Wyatt Earp1
Msg: 162
Posted: 3/29/2011 4:03:44 PM
It's easy for us to miscommunicate online. Things get tangled up like in a briar patch. Plus it's frustrating for us to communicate-women and men speak different lanuages {imho} are raised differently, look at things differently and have different values, etc.

Wishing you all the best,

Message: ^^^Again, I did not make any statement that all men are liars, cheaters, etc. And I did not make a generalization about all men not being able to think logically. But you have answered the question quite clearly for yourself. Also, I certainly did not suggest in any way at all that all men are misogynists.

msg 182: I was not referring to any post you made. If you assumed I was, that's a curious thing. I was referring to the poster whom I quoted.
 Wyatt Earp1
Msg: 163
Posted: 3/29/2011 4:07:53 PM
You have a great sense of humor :) Thanks for your candor. Excellent wise observations. But...but...but...but {low voice} many women lonline lie too, showing photos 10-20 years old, etc. I can't tell you how many dates I've been on where the woman showed up 20 years older than her picture. Or 200 lbs heavier.

In reference to question #1 above ^, I remember a thread on here a while ago, something silly about "loaded questions, to which there is NO safe answer", & that was used as a prime example.

As I replied then, I don't have eyes in the back of my head & if those jeans DO make my butt look big, I'd rather know that before we leave the house, so I can change into a better-looking pair! Simple logic! It ain't brain surgery, for heaven sake!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And to answer the question of the Original Topic: WHY DO MEN LIE TO GET A WOMAN TO FALL IN LOVE?
Answer: Simple, because sometimes it works.
 MJ8227
Msg: 164
Posted: 8/1/2012 9:00:24 PM
It's just the balance of life. Women are picky. They can drop a guy on a whim if any small "red flag" comes up. So to counter the pickiness, we lie. I know a female friend who recently dumped a guy because he stood up and clapped in a movie theatre at the end of the movie. Any little thing like that can eliminate a guy. So we dance around your pickiness with lies. If women stopped being so picky, we would stop lying. But women can stop being picky, it's in your nature, so it's become our nature to lie to circumvent that. Like I said, the balance of life. One must be picky, the other must lie to avoid the pickiness.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >