Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 texasbaby
Msg: 447
view profile
History
If George W bush is doing so bad why is the economy doing so good?Page 25 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
I notice OP is no longer with us. Do you suppose the state of the economy has had an effect on him now? Maybe he can't pay the bill for his service provider.....

tb
 cotter
Msg: 448
view profile
History
If George W bush is doing so bad why is the economy doing so good?
Posted: 11/2/2008 5:09:01 PM
His job probably go shipped overseas and his house probably went into foreclosure ...

Poor guy probably lost it all ...
 gizmosellschickens
Msg: 449
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2008 10:29:23 PM
Economy does not matter because banking problem is another bubble like the Dot Com bubble. Bush, Obama, McCain does not matter which one takes power the recession will be longer than 2001 and 1991 recession because the banking crisis. The solution to the crisis is not from Barney Frank nor Ron Paul mouth The economic recovery is gonna mean trying to raise productivity rather creating new hedge funds. Second, Bush is not 100% at fault for the banking crisis because buyer was greedy as much as lender. Third, economy built on consumption based growth has limits unless innovation increases to make goods cost less to create. Finally, we need free trade with Europe, Latin America, Asia, yet we need reform healthcare before we can except to have manufacturing jobs return. The reason healthcare reform is needed to remove the employer based system and borrow ideas from the Netherlands to build universal system that covers everyone but keeps the private sector in place with healthcare.
 TOFEL
Msg: 450
Posted: 11/21/2008 1:06:11 PM
so were do you see the U.S in say 10 years form now?

now that the gov. is buying all the private debtes, (funding the private sector with the bailout $$$, they are basically taking over their debts), do you think a similar scenario would happen to the U.S as that to U.S.S.R
 cotter
Msg: 451
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2009 11:05:45 AM

The economy is doing good?

LMAO ... even when this thread got started that statement wasn't applicable.
 starvartist
Msg: 452
Posted: 4/21/2009 7:54:51 AM
I just thought it would be fun for people to see the title of this thread again!!!
 cpfstock
Msg: 453
Posted: 5/9/2009 8:01:34 PM
i was doin' good then and i'm doing great now. guess it just depends on which side of the trade you're on.
 cotter
Msg: 454
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2009 9:12:24 PM

Just about all of us are driving nice cars and living in expensive houses so whats all the fuss about our president not doing his part to keep the economy in tac.
I wonder if that included the homeless vets as well?

Oh man, that was hilarious!!!

Someone sure got some egg on their face. I wonder what username they're posting under now?
I checked it out ... that guy dropped off the site 4 days after posting that thread. I'm thinking he really didn't have the heart to stay after seeing what he had done.

i was doin' good then and i'm doing great now. guess it just depends on which side of the trade you're on.
Yes ... I have seen how you have been bragging about how well you were doing back then and are now doing.

From the stimulus package thread ...
i would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for the contributions you made to my economic well being and for the contributions you'll be making in the future.
Does that attract more female attention for the separated man? Hmmm ... maybe some desperate woman will bite on that bait ... eh?
 cpfstock
Msg: 455
Posted: 5/11/2009 2:39:18 AM
I don't know, you tell me. Seems to have gotten your attention. But, apparently you missed the point which is my fault. The message received is the message sent. All I'm trying to say is pass/don't pass a stimulus bill, bailout/don't bailout auto companies, start/don't start a TALF or PPIP program it's pretty much the same to me. I'll do fine either way and I think everyone should try to figure out how to take care of themselves and not have such a vested interest in the activity/policies of government. Back in the day I used to think politics was important. Did the civil rights marches in south Arkansas and north Louisanna. Protested the war (my bad) on the capitol steps in Little Rock. Even got my picture on the front page the Arkansas Democrat as one of dem dare hippy protestenators. However, as I get older and hopefully wiser I have come to view politics as just the mechanism for splitting up the economic pie. For instance, you see (I surmise this from your posts) UHC as something good and desirable with benefits for lots of people. I see it as bad for drug and medical device companies (sell 'em and, if you got the guts short 'em), but good for say a kidney dialysis company (medicare reinbusement up) or an overseas generic drug manufacturer (buy it).
I have my own personal perspective and act upon it. I apologize for neither.
 cpfstock
Msg: 457
Posted: 5/11/2009 11:05:27 AM
You are correct sir. A lot of posts I read here are sort of the old glass half full or half empty debate. I'm trying offer a different take on the economy. To me is seems regardless of whether it's 1/2 full or 1/2 empty the glass is too big. It got pumped up on cheap money and easy credit. My fear is the administration and the Fed are trying to cure the problem with more of the same money. Which to my way of thinking is exactly the wrong thing to do. But, lets face it. Everyone wants to get re-elected.
 cotter
Msg: 458
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2009 1:41:16 PM

Yes ... I have seen how you have been bragging about how well you were doing back then and are now doing.
Does that attract more female attention for the separated man? Hmmm ... maybe some desperate woman will bite on that bait ... eh?

I don't know, you tell me. Seems to have gotten your attention.
It only got my attention because it's tasteless bragging ... something that perhaps a desperate man might do to attract attention?

Believe me, I have no interest in a "separated" man on a singles site scoping for women. Even though the profile states "seeking friends", I'd say most of us ladies are smart enough to know what that means coming from a "separated" man ... Barf/YUK ...

UHC as something good and desirable with benefits for lots of people. I see it as bad for drug and medical device companies (sell 'em and, if you got the guts short 'em), but good for say a kidney dialysis company (medicare reinbusement up) or an overseas generic drug manufacturer (buy it).
No one expects an apology from someone who apparently has no idea how Universal Health Care works. It's actually not at all the way you have described it, but I'm sure an opinionated person reading what I might write would certainly not be inclined to seek the real truth about Universal Health Care .

I lived with it for 10 years and have explained it to numerous people who had (just as apparently others do) the wrong idea about it. In the end ... if appropriately implemented, having Universal Health Care should do away with Medicare and Medicaid. Actually it should entirely free up the need for those funds. It does not require extra tax dollars either ... as most keep implying. It's just a simple system of people paying into one huge gigantic health care plan and getting benefits.

Upon implementing it ... it will need a couple of years to iron out all the bumps and small pot holes, but for those of us who are not into instant gratification ... it should work well. I have every bit of faith that it will certainly benefit the up-coming generations. It will give them something we never had ... the possibility of growing old without ever having to worry about making the decision of whether or not to buy medicine or food.

OT ...
This is an old thread and by this time, it's so apparent that the OP was soooooo off base that he actually quit 4 days after posting such a ridiculous statement ...
 cpfstock
Msg: 459
Posted: 5/11/2009 5:53:24 PM
cotter,
How in the world did you get from my post that I have a position on UHC one way or the other. Let me state this again. I don't care if we pass UHC, a stimulus bill, TARP, TALF, PPIP or who, if anyone, we bailout or let go under.
good luck to you
 cotter
Msg: 461
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2009 1:25:47 PM

I still can't believe that idiot got elected twice.
You are young and so you're excused for saying that ...

No really ... he wasn't exactly "elected". Check this out ...
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/10432334/was_the_2004_election_stolen
 cpfstock
Msg: 463
Posted: 12/19/2009 10:27:52 PM
Like the trader Cpstock or whatever his handle is.

First of all it's cpfstock. Secondly, I'm not a trader but rather an investor. As such I provide the capital it takes for business to start, to expand and to employ people in meaningful and productive occupations. Not to mention I pay the taxes it takes to support the misguided and foolish policies of the both the previous and current administrations.

While most American's use money to acquire their needs and never having enough to reach the point to use money to invest

No most Americans use their money to acquire their "wants". I carried a lunch box with a baloney sandwich in it to work for years working in a refinery and a nuclear power plant producing the energy which you use so cheaply. In the process, I raised and educated three children, bought and paid for a house (modest, but paid for), drove only cars which I could afford to pay cash for, only had one TV, and invested on my own instead of spending money on vacations to Disney World, etc. and so on and so forth. I have invested money in small start-up biogen companies seeking cures for cancer and lost every penny of those investments. I have money invested in a research Llc trying to win approval for a cough reflex early stroke detection method. I'll probably never see a return on that. (But, if I do, ooh baby). I have put money into start-up nat gas limited partnerships which provide cheap, clean and abundant energy for this country. I spend my weekends reading quarterly and annual statements (instead of golf or fishing). I pay for some of the (well in my opinion the best) economic forecasting available. Which is why I can say without hesitation or fear of contradiction Romer should be fired now. A lot of which I share here with you all for FREE!
The only question I have for you is why after all my years of sacrifice and hard work do you think you're entitled to tell me how I should spend the money I earned because you weren't willing to do it for yourself? How is it that you can smugly criticize the efforts of people like me who work and save, take the risks, and provide the capital which creates the highest standard of living on the plant which you get to enjoy?

His method of producing is pure predatory the way I see it.

What I'm not entitled to a reasonable ROI.
they rarely ever see the whole picture at once.

How would you know? You don't even know where to look for the picture.

Chances are good if he had to start all over, he'd never make it to such a position with the present climate of the economy

Wanna bet?
 cpfstock
Msg: 464
Posted: 12/20/2009 6:54:41 PM
Dance,
I am not a licensed financial advisor so it would be inappropriate for me offer any specfic recommendations. However, I have found over the years that buying what people need tends to work out in the long run. This time last year I mentioned in this forum that it's always a good idea to buy what the gov't is buying. But, that is about to play out now.
Plus not really enough info. Paying taxes on 42K mean after a 401K or IRA contribution, after health insurance premium, after a deduction to a HSA or is that 42K a year flat?

But truthfully, at this point if I was starting out now then I believe I would move to another country. I do not believe the world can sustain the deficit spending that is coming. There just isn't going to be enough money to buy all the U.S. Treasuries it is going to take to finance the debt we have accumulated. And with this administration there is no end in sight.
 EarlzP
Msg: 465
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2009 10:18:06 AM

But truthfully, at this point if I was starting out now then I believe I would move to another country. I do not believe the world can sustain the deficit spending that is coming. There just isn't going to be enough money to buy all the U.S. Treasuries it is going to take to finance the debt we have accumulated. And with this administration there is no end in sight

So which country would you move to?

I'm looking for someone, something that can restore confidence. And no one is offering it up.

So with the President in office less then a year you have come to the conclusion that some blogger here at POF knows more about the economy then the economic advisory team that advice's the President

[quopte] I know that I'm not alone with my thoughts.

Here's my unsolicited thoughts, this is my country and their is not another any where that holds a candle to it, if it ventured onto the wrong path then WE the PEOPLE the ones who are in charge have failed in our over sight and WE can and must right the ship.The current status of our country is not the way it was left to us and so it becomes our responsibility to get it back on track.

I don't think the President has a magic wand to wave that will make the mistakes of the last 30 years go away but I do think he has a plan and a team of qualified advisors to work with, I also think he has a really hard road ahead he not only has the problems to deal with that were left from previous administrations but he has an opposition party hell bent on retaking the senate in 2010 and some of his own party members to deal with. I voted for President Obama and feel I made the best choice when I climbed on board the sinking ship he was trying to keep from capsizing, and one year later it is still afloat and it appears that it may stay floating
 cpfstock
Msg: 466
Posted: 12/22/2009 2:17:51 AM
It's not fear of losing money which drives my concerns. The government can't get to my money in any meaningful way. What I fear is the loss of the standard of living the vast majority of citizens of this country now enjoy and turning the U.S into a second rate country like Canada, France, etc. Now those who favor some sort of gov't run health care will tell you how good it and cheap it is in places like Canada, UK, France, etc. What they don't tell you is how much they pay for say a liter of gasoline or the consumption taxes they pay. But, they get "free" health care and cheap drugs.
The policies and programs sought by this administration will in the end rob my children and grandkids of the resources to do what I have done. I will limit their freedom and make them more dependent on gov't. Liberals want only one thing, control. And they way to achieve it is take your money and my money and make you and me dependent on them for housing, health care, food, etc and so on.
 EarlzP
Msg: 467
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2009 5:27:15 AM

It's not fear of losing money which drives my concerns. The government can't get to my money in any meaningful way. What I fear is the loss of the standard of living the vast majority of citizens of this country now enjoy and turning the U.S into a second rate country like Canada, France, etc. Now those who favor some sort of gov't run health care will tell you how good it and cheap it is in places like Canada, UK, France, etc. What they don't tell you is how much they pay for say a liter of gasoline or the consumption taxes they pay. But, they get "free" health care and cheap drugs.
The policies and programs sought by this administration will in the end rob my children and grandkids of the resources to do what I have done. I will limit their freedom and make them more dependent on gov't. Liberals want only one thing, control. And they way to achieve it is take your money and my money and make you and me dependent on them for housing, health care, food, etc and so on.

I can assure you having spent lots of time in Canada that it is not a second rate country.Under republican control for the last 20 plus out of 29 years got us to this point, how convenient for the opposition party to point their fingers at the current administration and blame them for all of the problems we now face as a nation.

Twenty plus years of a party hell bent on destroying the quality of living for all but a small percentage of the population and just as bad are the people so gullible that they fall for the lies of the very party that put our great country in the mess it is in.
 cpfstock
Msg: 468
Posted: 12/25/2009 5:03:04 AM

So which country would you move to?

I have been pricing real estate in Costa Rica. Have a trip there in March. Hopefully I can finalize the arrangements then.
 cpfstock
Msg: 469
Posted: 12/25/2009 1:07:01 PM
I ain't all that worried about extradition. It is something to consider though.

So with the President in office less then a year you have come to the conclusion that some blogger here at POF knows more about the economy then the economic advisory team that advice's the President

I do. And my projections and forecasts have been a lot more accurate than his/theirs.
 4rumninja
Msg: 470
Posted: 12/29/2009 9:50:55 AM
Its funny to see all of the Obama zealots keep ignoring the facts..Obama and his advisors projected, forecasted, promised that their Stimulus Plan would keep unemployment under 8% and that it would create millions of jobs........Unemployment rate is over 10% so they were Wrong there...millions of jobs have not been created, thousands of jobs jobs have not been created...they were wrong there as well......How long will you keep using the same excuse? He's only been in Office for _______ months, what do you expect? we expect he and his advisors to be honest and accurate after all arent they always touting themselves as the best and most qualified?
 cotter
Msg: 471
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2010 6:42:52 PM

From the original post ...
Just about all of us are driving nice cars and living in expensive houses so whats all the fuss about our president not doing his part to keep the economy in tac.

That was posted by "romegaguy36" on 9/13/2006 at 4:58 AM and this is what I found with regards to the OP ...
romegaguy36 - User closed account Sep 17 2006 6:49PM
So about 4 days and 2 hours later the OP closed his profile. Yup ... Elvis left the building and hasn't been seen or heard from since.

I'm thinking ... the OP no doubt realized what a foolish thing he had stated in the original post and subsequent posts and no doubt just sort of quietly sneaked out.

Of course we all know that things were not doing so good. I believe if "Dumbya" could have possibly pulled it off ... he would have covered it all up until just a few days before the election, but it just got too out of hand.
 Hawaiianluau
Msg: 472
Posted: 1/15/2010 11:45:06 PM
Or maybe he HAS a life.

Montreal_Guy
Msg: 474
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2010 10:47:37 PM
I agree with you Dance, this one is a stunning blow for democracy in America. Seems we have a new definition of the Golden Rule.

Conservatives, though, hailed the ruling. Sen. Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the Senate Republican leader, praised the court for "restoring the First Amendment rights" of corporations and unions.

"By previously denying this right, the government was picking winners and losers," McConnell said.

The ruling by the court’s conservative majority found that any limits on independent expenditures by corporations violate First Amendment free-speech rights.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/01/us_supreme_court_ruling_on_cam.html
 calisto04
Msg: 475
Posted: 3/24/2010 4:17:30 PM

Not sure where in the thread that was first stated, but given that the thread was started 4 years ago, I do wonder how the OP now feels.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >