Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Michigan  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ripley65
Msg: 156
Nice Guys? Where?Page 3 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
King,,you have made some very valid points. I think too some people are just too shy or to afraid to venture past their comfort zones. We are very fortunate to have sites like this one available to us (this one being the best in my opinion) which allows us to interact with all kinds of diff folks we'd not normally interact with. Im pretty thankful for the folks out there who are brave enough (lol) to seek out, make calls and reserve places for all of us to mingle! It tends to bring some of us out of our shells and comfort zones knowing that most of us are pretty much in the same boat. Are there always successes in match-ups at these get-togethers? Nope, tho a few have been. But there are most always success in new friendships being made.

Ooops,,,,am i rambling off topic here? haha Its late,,,i get to thinking too much when its this late. LOL
 smartazzjohn
Msg: 164
Nice Guys? Where?
Posted: 3/30/2008 7:44:03 PM
Oh geez I guess I have to explain some things here.

Most people aren't nice all the time.
Some people are going to think you're nice.
Some people may think you are nice but they still aren't attracted to you.
Some people may seem nice but they are just being that way to serve their own interests.
Some people aren't nice because they don't like you. I know this because as great and perfect as I am there are those that don't even like me!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes I know its hard to believe but its true.

If someone feels the need to tell you how nice they are be very cautious, there is good chance they aren’t . Nice people show it, they don’t have to talk about it.
The best thing you can do is be true to yourself and try to be a good person. Sometimes being good and doing whats right isn't fun or nice for yourself or others.
 ripley65
Msg: 166
Nice Guys? Where?
Posted: 3/30/2008 11:28:20 PM
cushman,,,,,,,why would you send a woman an email asking her to come see you at a club you were working at if she doesnt even know you? That soumds a bit presumptuous! Ive received emails from men coming right out with their phone numbers. Hmmm,,,wouldnt know that person from a hole in a ground but they'll send their phone numbers?? Why would anyone presume that just because we are on a 'dating site' we will jump at any invitation/phone number that is given right off the bat like that? lolol Im sorry, i have to laugh at that! I mean really,,what are some of these men thinking? lol

Get to know someone first via an exchange of emails. If after a few emails things seem to be rolling along nicely, let her make the first move in maybe asking if you want to PM on a messenger service or exchange phone numbers. I think sometimes some men become over zealous too fast for the women and it really does turn us off.

As far as no-reply to email....i agree 100% that it IS rude not to reply back! I personally dont care what someones excuse is (oh i get sooooo many i just dont have time! <~~ bullcrap). Not replying at all just shows how unclassy someone is.
 smartazzjohn
Msg: 168
Nice Guys? Where?
Posted: 3/31/2008 7:56:38 AM
"As far as no-reply to email....i agree 100% that it IS rude not to reply back! I personally dont care what someones excuse is (oh i get sooooo many i just dont have time! <~~ bullcrap). Not replying at all just shows how unclassy someone is. "

Rip I don't answer all emails and I have enough time to write a novel in return. While it might be polite to do so it might be taken the wrong way by the person sending it. Unfortunately in this and other similar venues the moment you respond many people will see you as either being interested or see you as being rude. It really is a catch 22 situation, you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t. Even if you feel you politely reject someone they will often become irate. Yes that’s right, I am saying there are some very emotionally unstable people out there. If I send someone an email and don’t get a response I don’t feel badly about them or get upset. Maybe if you send an email but don’t get a response it should be looked at as a blessing, at least you know that they, regardless of gender, aren’t going to play you the way many others would. I guess my skin isn’t so thin or my ego so fragile that it bothers me when I don’t get a response.
 smartazzjohn
Msg: 171
Nice Guys? Where?
Posted: 3/31/2008 12:47:01 PM
ok joannemeow, I'll bet you $1000 that if you send me an email I respond to it. If you choose to accept this bet I will regard this forum as a legal document to ascertain the funds. It is also duly noted that sending me an email will serve as acceptance of this wager. Please hurry and send me an email, I need to money!!!!!!!!!
 smartazzjohn
Msg: 176
Nice Guys? Where?
Posted: 4/1/2008 12:20:02 PM
joanne its too late. I have turned this over to my lawyers. You will be hearing from the Law Offices of WineHer, DineHer, DikHer And LeaveHer.
 smartazzjohn
Msg: 179
Nice Guys? Where?
Posted: 4/1/2008 11:34:43 PM
"i've retained the expert legal services of 1 800 just call sam"

Joanne, the number is "1-800 call sam" not "1-800 just call sam". I called Sam to confer with him prior retaining the services of my lawyers. He recommended them to me. He told me they were the best and he lost every type of legal litigation he has ever been up against them in.

"The name of this thread is Nice Guys? Where? and guess what? There is some here isnt there? At least the last few pages, just warms my little heart "

Robin c'mere, I'll show you just how nice and warm I can be.
Opps I mean
 ripley65
Msg: 180
Nice Guys? Where?
Posted: 4/2/2008 6:15:38 AM

If people are on this site, they have to get used to rejection and not hearing back from people. It's normal for that to happen and that is the case on pretty much all the sites.

Its only normal to the rude ppl who do it! lol They dont think its wrong to not respond. I dont know, but i guess the way i look at it is,,,,some man or woman looked at a profile, saw something that sparked their interest and decided to take that leap and make contact. If the recipient isnt interested, it only takes 15 secs to type a nice polite reply. Granted,,there are some out there who are just plain buttholes who spew out all kinds of bullcrap in their first email, but even those ones i reply to. Ive been lucky so far that ive never gotten any rude replies replying to my reply. (did you get that? haha)
 ripley65
Msg: 181
Nice Guys? Where?
Posted: 4/2/2008 6:17:31 AM
Robitty,,,John really is a nice guy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sorta kinda in a way almost.

hehehehe

rip
 smartazzjohn
Msg: 184
Nice Guys? Where?
Posted: 4/2/2008 11:41:22 PM
"John John John...what am I gonna do with you? "

Robin is this a rhetorical question or do you really want some suggestions? .

And to answer your other question, no I'm not a stud muffin, I'm more like a crumby cookie.
 ripley65
Msg: 186
Nice Guys? Where?
Posted: 4/3/2008 5:44:38 AM
cushman,,,,no i am not saying its ok for anyone to call anyone names. I am saying that when some women get emails (first contact) where the guy just automatically invites a woman to meet him, those red flags rise high with beepers attached to them and well,of course the woman is gonna think the guy is,,,,well,,,,out of his noggin! You have to understand cushman, that most women would prefer to correspond for 'x' amount of time before she rushes off to meet a man. Just cuz it was a public place that you work at doesnt mean in HER mind that you werent some type of fruit loop (and no im not calling you a fruit loop,,,just saying it spooks a woman when this happens and turns them off).

You really could be THE most sweetest most nicest most handsomest most everthingest man in the world,,,,,,,but when a total stranger makes a move like that,,,almost a guarentee you will get shot down faster than a bad guy in a Clint Eastwood movie.
 smartazzjohn
Msg: 187
Nice Guys? Where?
Posted: 4/3/2008 10:58:45 AM
"I think you would make someone a great husband with that great humor of yours!!! "

Yup the story of my life, women saying how great I would be for SOMEONE ELSE!!!

"How about we start advertising you????"

Wonderful, I'm going to get pimped out on here!!!!
 ripley65
Msg: 188
Nice Guys? Where?
Posted: 4/3/2008 11:14:48 AM
*stands on tippy toes to see over the gathering crowd of screaming, fainting women*

John? Is that you?? lolol
 ripley65
Msg: 192
Nice Guys? Where?
Posted: 4/4/2008 5:27:06 AM
^^ agrees with Robin. Gives me the ol creepy weepies!! lol

John...pimping you...hmm, hadnt thought of that yet I was thinking more of an auction...

*waves a $100 bill* lolol
 smartazzjohn
Msg: 193
Nice Guys? Where?
Posted: 4/4/2008 8:47:52 AM
WOW................ I'm not nice or easy for cheap women.............$100???
I'm worth way more than that!!!!!!!!!!!
 ripley65
Msg: 199
Nice Guys? Where?
Posted: 4/4/2008 2:52:09 PM
John you big dork ball! That was just to get the aution rollin! lol sheeeeesh! lol
 BenjaminSmilesAlot
Msg: 200
Nice Guys? Where?
Posted: 4/4/2008 4:28:03 PM
I have read these ads and had OVER 100 replies to my profile in 2 weeks. EVERY ONE was the same. Only concerned with my looks. Yet, I write a Profile that sounds NOTHING like these other robots. And when I didn't appear to be some desperate fool begging for their number or to meet them and challenged EVERY woman to show me depth and substance...they flagged me calling me a fake. The reality is 90% of Americans are desensitized programmed negative robots who DO NOT BACK UP what they say. It is called Nero Linguistics Programming and most of you are ROBOTS. Once in a lifetime when a man like me comes along with the ENTIRE package, NONE OF YOU KNOW HOW TO HANDLE IT. NOT 1. Photos, photos, photos, photos, they all want photos. I turn down more women than any man you will ever meet in your life because 90% plus are desensitized ROBOTS.
Back to my cave. This site is no different than any other site and any other place in this country. YOU ARE ALL F'd up.
 ripley65
Msg: 203
Nice Guys? Where?
Posted: 4/5/2008 12:45:25 AM
Once in a lifetime when a man like me comes along with the ENTIRE package, NONE OF YOU KNOW HOW TO HANDLE IT. NOT 1.

Hmmm,,,just because you yourself think that you are the 'entire package', doesnt mean we all think you are too. Confidence is a very good thing to have but be careful, cuz your arrogance is showing thru.

Meow and Robin,,,^5's sista's! LMAO@you 2!!!
 smartazzjohn
Msg: 207
Nice Guys? Where?
Posted: 4/5/2008 8:00:08 AM
you women just don't understand benjamin but I can relate to what he is saying. I must admit I don't get as many emails as he does though, I only average about 83 every two weeks. If you had any idea how hard it is to be perfect you would understand his attitude. My theme song is "Or lord its hard to humble when you're perfect in every way!!"

benjamin I think you are a egotistical, pompous, arrogant hypocritical azz. In your profile you state that “My women friends have been trying to get me to join a personals website and here I am.” This would indicate that you only joined “A”, as in singular, dating web site. Now in this forum you state “This site is no different than any other site and any other place in this country. YOU ARE ALL F'd up.” You are contradicting yourself. I’m just pointing this out so you don’t make this kind of error again because many women who look for a total package would notice this as well. You almost became my new hero until I noticed this. An self proclaimed intelligent total package wouldn’t make a mistake like that.

“I'm nice to people in public and I have patience and tolerance for others opinions and beliefs.” This is also from your profile. A forum is open to the public so you have contradicted yourself again. Perhaps you should have said “I’m nice to people when I meet them face to face, if I were to be myself I might get beat up for being a jerk and saying what I think."
 ripley65
Msg: 228
Nice Guys? Where?
Posted: 4/10/2008 5:41:51 AM
Hiya Robin,,,,,,nope i havent seen John but im sure he is lurking around. Bay City is a tad too far for me to party. :( Checkers is about as far as ill go,,and thats like 45 mins away. I just dont like night driving on roads im unfamiliar with (dont know the cops sneaky spots LOLOL)

OT: There are buttloads of nice guys. Just some of us (me lol) are pickyyyyyy! You ever meet a great guy (or woman. for you men) but then he/she does something that annoys you and you think, 'Hmmm,,can i possible live with that for the long haul?'. I think thats alot of where the pickiness (at least for me) comes in. Sure we all have faults,,wow even me! haha But dang,,,,i dont wanna be griping about someones habits down the road!
 ripley65
Msg: 234
Nice Guys? Where?
Posted: 4/11/2008 5:14:32 AM
Yyyyyuck Robin! See that kinda stuff would drive me insane too! (thats where us insane women come from, Greeneyes and Tony. You men make us that way! hahaha!). I once dated a man who had the extremely annoying habit of (ok this is gross lol) hawking up loogies! Ack!!!!!!!!!! Im actually making an ick face as i write this cuz that just totally turns my stomach and makes me wanna hurl!! Arghhh!! He could be in the house,,outside,,in a crowd of people,it didnt matter. It wasnt just once in a while. This was a habitual hawker. Cripes that was gross! My friends' ex used to pick his ears and that gave me the shivers too. So yeah,,,that kind of stuff i just cannot overlook. I cannot be in a relationship where he makes my skin crawl! LOL
 ripley65
Msg: 236
Nice Guys? Where?
Posted: 4/11/2008 9:05:59 AM
^^^^^ O M G! That reminds me of my brother who,,to this day and he is 44 yrs old, will stand up, lift his leg, raise his arms and hands like he is on a motorcycle and when he 'revs' the motorcycle,,he farts. Also,,every-single- time he burps , he says 'ralllphh'. Ughhhh!! Nice guys? More like Gross Guys!!
 d.a.ling
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Nice Guys? Where?
Posted: 4/11/2008 11:04:07 AM
Rip, Robin, Val....

Some of the actions you describe are just plain vulgar, crude and disgusting. They show a complete lack of class by these individuals and certainly no respect for you. Yes I must admit, at one point in my life I thought some of these actions were funny, but then I graduated into the 4th grade. (Please note, though, never graduated out of the 4th grade. Dang, that long division)

Rip - you mentioned earlier, "...but he/she does something that annoys you and you think, 'Hmmm, can I possibly live with that for the long haul?' ".

Robin - you wrote, "...he had some quirks that drove me nuts..." and then gave an example of some, in my opinion, very rude behavior.

My question ladies, and I know we all have our definitive "deal breakers". On those behaviors which were "quirky" or annoying, not rude and disrespectful, did you have an opportunity to discuss your feelings with the gentleman? Hopefully this would allow him the opportunity to understand your viewpoint and possibly initiate a change in his behavior.

Candidly, I think most of us guys should enroll in a class entitled, "Ladies - 101". Not so much to learn that the borish(sp) behavior mentioned above is a no no. But to understand that, much like the lovely snowflake, there are no two ladies alike. And how do we get to know and understand the individual intricacies of these beautiful creatures? By listening, they will tell us how to win their hearts.

So please ladies, rather than kicking us to the curb for our annoying or quirky behavior, please talk to us.

Rip, Robin, Val, .... I'm not insinuating that you did not. I'm only trying to indicate what I feel is important.

Just one man's humble and lengthy opinion.

Dave
 ripley65
Msg: 238
Nice Guys? Where?
Posted: 4/11/2008 1:09:39 PM
Hello there Dave....

I am pretty sure that alot of the time i didnt discuss the annoying habits of some of the men i dated since i just figured eh,,,,he wont change (tho my brother of course continues to get an ear full from me! lol) , but i can say that i did on MANY occassions discuss 'Mr. Hawkers' disgusting habit with him, to no avail. Like Vals guy,,my guy would just laugh. Made the excuse that he had to clear his throat (i wont get any grosser than that!!). Uh,,,,400 times a day??? Pffft!! Im sure some other woman is being grossed out by him as we speak!

I dont want to change anyone. Perhaps they feel their habits arent annoying and we are just overreacting. I do adnit,,,,maybe some habits (not the ones mentioned above tho) can be overlooked, but like Robin,,i just know that down the road its gonna bug me!
 d.a.ling
Msg: 239
view profile
History
Nice Guys? Where?
Posted: 4/11/2008 2:35:22 PM
Rip,

I would agree that the Disgusting Mr. Hawker, hey wasn't there a film with Matt Damon by that name, should make his way to the exit as quickly as possible. On a scale of 1-10, he and the Fartman warrant a 10 and a "Do not pass go" card purely due to the fact that they're probably not old enough to date and obviously have no idea what respect is.

However an annoyance in the 1-5, maybe 6, range could be worked on if we only knew. If someone would be considered a nice guy/gal, and according to many of the POF threads difficult to find, wouldn't it be kind of a win/win situation if a discussion led to a behavior change? But, then again, that's just me. We all gotta do what we all gotta do.

Thanks for your feedback.

Dave
Show ALL Forums  > Michigan  >