Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PhilMeUpBaby
Msg: 28
view profile
History
TelemarketersPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I've always kept my home number unlisted, but have still gotten phone calls from overseas in the past.

I just say that there's someone at the front door, and that I'll be right back. I then put the phone gently on the desk, and just continue on with what I was doing. After 10-15 minutes, I pick up the phone, and sure enough, the other person will have hung up.

They usually call back within half an hour or so. Just repeat the same thing.

Why? Because it takes up their time! Abusing them doesn't do any good, that's just water off a duck's back. But, take up their time, and it costs them money (ie reduces their income per hour).
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 30
Telemarketers
Posted: 3/20/2007 10:56:02 PM
Definately an invasion of privacy... not only that, the whole culture inside the Telemarketing Companies is geared to get as many sales as possible, whether the consumer needs, wants or can afford the product at all.
 SergeantOz
Msg: 38
Telemarketers
Posted: 5/3/2007 6:45:12 PM
I joined up with that Do Not Call listing last night.

Perhaps it won't stop all the charities and other clowns on the phone but if it cuts out 1 less phone call a week - then please let it be a step forward.

Yes to the poster who asked about mobile phones - yes I have been bombarded with Telstra ringing me about changing over providers to which I said - I would rather use a phone card that ever go with Telstra - 5 times and it took a threat of legal action to stop them from calling me.

Yes I am aware I do surveys for cash and they pay me for opinions and this includes my provider but I also get it across that WAYNE from Wangaratta with the Indian accent is no friend of mine and I do not wish to speak with him at all.
 SergeantOz
Msg: 50
Telemarketers
Posted: 5/14/2007 3:52:47 PM
I had 2 x 1800 numbers set up years ago with my company as we needed 24/7 contact, had private lines for our clients and also had 2 spare lines. Usually on the weekend these numbers were diverted to a home number (private) I had and or then diverted to a private mobile (just for this only).

The general office crew used to get these calls anytime from 6.00 - 10.00 pm some week nights until someone gave them directions on where to go - it was worth it I think.

It used to annoy me when I am paying about $4.00 a minute for these clowns to ring and they would ring sometimes 3 - 4 times a day tying up the line with their crap but we ended up just having to change the numbers a few times and it was soon taken care of.
 SergeantOz
Msg: 62
Telemarketers
Posted: 6/11/2007 3:11:18 AM
A week ago I had someone from Telstra ring the mobile and I was just on the line with another client so I had to be polite. I did ask him to remove me from their databases as I was not interested at all. Since he spoke English and was calm I was fine to say - thank you but no thanks - AGAIN
 bogan58
Msg: 64
Telemarketers
Posted: 4/1/2013 8:35:54 PM
just hang up or say can u wit aminute and leave them there for an hour without answering or ask for there number and u tell them u will call them back
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  >