Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jackpine01
Msg: 88
full-time single dadsPage 3 of 66    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Yes I am a single parent, to a 16 year old boy and am in the midst of filing for my daughter as well. I am proud to be able to nurture what these kids need and also to provide a realalistic perspective of what the world consists of.
Unfortunately enough the mother was not the one as you would put it "able to step up to the plate." This takes me to the remark of saying its nice to see guys step up, yes you're correct but you should be aware their are some pretty brutal woman out there. In the past where mass media wasn't so rampent you would have never heard of half the horror stories. Now you do and it mostly points in the wrong direction. Yes society tells us how to parent and when to parent, but I believe their are a lot of men out there that have taken the crap from their ex's, but have been in full support of their children all along. Its a harsh world but please be advised don't judge the cover unless you know the content
 verypicky
Msg: 90
full-time single dads
Posted: 5/31/2005 9:23:36 PM

One person's parenting doesnt stop because the child is at the other parent's house.

if only that were always true evilenchantress. I have a hard enough time getting her to see my son now, let alone at 3 am if there's an emergency
 dellbartlett
Msg: 92
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/1/2005 5:20:22 AM
As a single mother, I have alot of respect for single dads. I take it this means you have full-time custody and care? Actually, a single father is very very sexy to me.
 dellbartlett
Msg: 93
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/1/2005 5:29:30 AM
Hi basspl. Single mom here. My daughter, age 9 June 17th rocks my world too. We have alot in common. Our need and love of music...thank god she likes the old rock like kansas, van morrison, james taylor and jimmy buffet (as a parrothead, had to throw that last one in..lol). We also LOVE the rocky horror picture show (I don't let her watch all parts mind you) but we do love to do the time warp together. Oh yea...we love...love...weird al. So yea...little girls are so fun.
 basspl
Msg: 95
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/1/2005 11:58:12 AM
Hey there dell. I hear ya. We like the newer music here. Singing in the car to Jimmy Eats World or Foo Fighters songs. And for some reason she really likes the new System of a Down. That cought me off guard lol.
 dino12
Msg: 96
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/1/2005 12:00:13 PM
I have 3, but it wasn't left up to me to "step up to the plate" so to speak. The courts make the rulings, and I fought for my kids. It cost me everything,and then some to fight the fight, but in the end I won. My youngest lives with his mom, but my two oldest I have custody of, and they are happier with me than with their mother (two different wives).

It doesn't make it easy being a single parent....note I said parent. I have lady friends who have been single and alone for so long they can't count the years because they have kids. the single world seems to look down upon us for having children, but as a whole they all respect us for being alone and raising them by ourselves.

Doc
 dino12
Msg: 98
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/2/2005 10:23:32 AM
Snowboy....contact me and I will give you some things to aim your lawyer at. Canadian courts are not so different tahn US courts. You have the upper hand here....you have them now.....you have had them for some time alone......she left without contact........The list goes on.

Happy to help if I can. I am however not a lawyer, but have been through the system,a nd have good resources.

Doc
 PILGRIM
Msg: 101
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/8/2005 6:56:38 PM
Snowboy I have been through sort of the same thing my soon to be x left me and my 3 children for my bosses son she then gave me sole custody because she was joining the army.
I am in the AirForce so being a single parent I had to have a family care plan in place. She dissappeared for about 10 months nobody heard anything from her then she calls me up after 10 months said she had been out of the army for 10 months and said she was living 3 hours away and that she wanted the kids over the weekend for her visitation I told her that was unreasonable because the kids haven't seen her in a long time and I really didn't know what her intentions were. I agreed to meet her at a local mcdonalds so she could see the kids on a friday night. So on that friday night we was getting ready to go meet with her. She shows up with the law trying to force me into giving her the kids I refused. She then went downtown and filed an emergency cort hearing to hold me in contempt and said she wanted full custody. Needless to say the Judge ruled in my favor since she was not practicing her visitation anyway. One thing I have learned Documentation means alot I know being a single parent it is hard to find time my kids ar 7,5,and 3 so it is hard to find time. I wish you luck And I will pray for you
 nmbr1bubba
Msg: 102
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/10/2005 9:09:58 AM
24 single daddy of 3 kids been a single daddy for 2 yrs now. its fun and i love every second of it. ages 5 4 2 . one girl two boys again its fun and i injoy every moment of it.
 nmbr1bubba
Msg: 105
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/10/2005 3:44:46 PM
i also feel that they are telling me that i have bad kids when the imply that.
 shy~mel
Msg: 114
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/13/2005 9:32:33 PM
I think it is great when a man steps up and takes care of his kids, it shows that he is reponsible, caring, sensitive, sweet, and I could keep going, have all the respect in the world for single fathers.
 dino12
Msg: 115
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/14/2005 12:21:30 PM
Flawing, yea man...you may be a bit touchy thinking that way.

I have three. Two of mine are teens. I admit I have my hands full! Mine aren't bad kids, but they sure are busy. I had no idea what single moms had to deal with till I became the single fulltime dad. My mother was a single mom, and I was the only child. I now thank her so often for not takingmy head off at the shoudlers....ahahahahaha.

the ladies have a very clear perspective as to how much work it is raising a child...especially by yourself. they are not saying anything about your child directly, but the fact that you now have 2 full time jobs.....it is work....

Doc
 John1964
Msg: 117
view profile
History
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/14/2005 1:06:44 PM
Im a single father of 2 boys 4 an 7 years old
an there mom has not come around for 13 mo.
so dont think your the only one .

john
 johncc17
Msg: 119
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/14/2005 2:25:08 PM
Hi you’re not the only one. I'm a single (full-time) dad of two girls (5, 7) and one boy (2).
If you ever need someone to chat with (advice, experiences, troubles, or just need a friend) email me. I’m always looking to meet other single dads that I can relate with.
 eviledante
Msg: 121
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/14/2005 6:26:56 PM
im a full time dad of a 4 year old son,and im finding that in my age group being 25 its kind of hard finding someone to date because all the single girls out there that ive met basically wanna go out everynight get wasted,or go out and get wasted all night long and the girls i have met that do understand about being a single parent are woman that have 2 or 3 kids and as a rule nothing against them they are very strong woman and i feel for them but i definately dont wanna start the brady bunch.. so finding that right woman is kind of hard im not looking for something temporary ive stepped up to the plate because my sons mother wouldnt i would have even if she didnt but im thru with immature girls so definately feel where you guys are coming from
 southernbelle25
Msg: 122
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/15/2005 8:57:23 AM
I am a single mom of 2, so a single dad is so sexy to me. It shows that you are a loving man, that can handle responablities, and i admire that, for so many men do not care.
Best of Luck,
amanda
 true man
Msg: 123
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/15/2005 7:24:35 PM
hey hats off to you im a single dad i have three girls and my fiance passed away a short time ago and i have custody of them 2 so i have 5 daughters living with me 8,9,10,11 and 14 i"m out numered
 erin_44706
Msg: 124
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/16/2005 2:40:19 PM
im still trying to find a single dad out there for myself i know that i have a lil one that has no father and i know i can accept a child with open arms and well i think a single dad can understand that more compared to a man who has no kids or only has them half the time
 true man
Msg: 125
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/16/2005 3:18:37 PM
Hey Erin i"m right here hey you never know
 ruready4fun
Msg: 126
view profile
History
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/16/2005 4:46:50 PM
I'm a fulltime single dad of my 14 year old and a part time dad to my 9 year old daughter. I love my kids very much and enjoy every second of every day with them
 Savaahn
Msg: 127
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/16/2005 4:48:56 PM
I am also a full-time single father.

It seems that most women, especially single women with children.. would rather have a man without kids...from my experience.

Although, I must admit.. I am just becoming single for the first time in many years.. so the game may have changed...lol.. I'm gettin old.

But would also love to hear from women who are ok with a full-time single dad.... we need love too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 erin_44706
Msg: 129
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/16/2005 6:15:55 PM
ur right u never know
 ScubaSteve01
Msg: 134
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/17/2005 12:37:28 PM
Since I became single the relationship with my son has become much better. Previously I had to work longer hours, do all the running around, and just never had enough time in the day to spend with my son. But now that I'm forced to see him right after work and be there for him every minute I'm not at work, it's really helped to make our lives better. We've also started doing more things on the weekends such as festivals, car races, car shows, and camping. We're great by ourselves, but it would be fun for someone to sit next to us on the big yellow slide so we can race them to the bottom! :)
 huggieangel
Msg: 136
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/18/2005 12:27:07 AM
I think you are good looking. Anyway single parents are a special group and should be given a better go especially single dads.It is hard to bring kids up on your own but so worth it.
Where I am from there are more and more single dads around now.
 huggieangel
Msg: 139
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/18/2005 7:01:27 PM
That works both ways. Men do it to us women as well. If they can't accept that you come with kids well that is their problem. Like you say have fun and the right person will come along. It is hard when you are seeing someone and your child gets attached to them and then it doesn't work out. You just have to there for them and help them understand the best way you can.
I am lucky in respect that my kids are all older and understand what is going on but I am going to be more careful next time after my last relationship.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >