Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sweetdad4u
Msg: 141
full-time single dadsPage 4 of 66    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Single dad here, just wondering why it is hard for women to believe that a father would fight for his child, i fought cause i knew i was the better parent, wish my ex wasnt the way she is but hey thats life, just been getting the feeling that women dont like that a father fought for his child
 huggieangel
Msg: 142
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/18/2005 11:32:18 PM
Well I think it is great you fought for your child. It could be that some women are old fashioned and think a child should only be with their Mum. Not so in my view. My former husband has one of our children and it was ours sons choice to go with his dad. I don't have a problem with it (mind you I cried for 24 hours) as he is happy and that is what counts.

Really that someone special will come along when the time is right. Keep ya chin and positive thinking. I know it is hard and I should take my own advice but the more positive we are the bigger the chance of it happening.
 huggieangel
Msg: 145
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/19/2005 2:03:58 AM
Crad if they only want you for your money they are not worth having. I am sure you have not let your son down. You have him and are there for him are you not? All the money in the world does not make a good dad.
 jca9999
Msg: 146
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/19/2005 9:36:11 AM
Single dad of a 5 year old and a 12 year old.....but I am a much better dad than I am a mom
 lcema65
Msg: 147
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/19/2005 11:16:53 AM
Im a fulltime single dad. I have a total of 4 children, but only one lives here fulltime (and its only half time as of March 7th). My kids are 8,4 and 8month old twins.

I find that women run when they hear the word "children". Sorta sucks, iv not been out with anyone in...well, iv been seperated since April of 2004, LOL...that long. (Divorced to).
 lfieldstud
Msg: 150
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/19/2005 10:48:14 PM
Hi there, I'm a single father of a beautiful 10 yr old girl and a part time father of a 5 yr old girl and a 7 yr old boy. They are my life and soul. I live to be around them. I do agree that it's hard finding a woman when you're a single father. I've been trying for some time now and not having any luck. Of course I didn't post a pic on here b/c of my looks. I didn't want to scare anyone off. I don't think it's the looks that matters anyway, it's whats inside that matters. Happy Fathers Day to all you single dads.... keep it real.

Here's a little advice that I live by:

Anyone can be a dad, but it takes a real man to be a FATHER!!!!!!!!!!

If there's any single women around South Central Ky that loves kids email me you won't be disappointed but will have to understand that they are my life and they come first!!!!!!!!!!
 Enrique05
Msg: 154
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/20/2005 5:58:56 PM
I am a full time single dad and I have a good relationship with my kids, I found out ladies are scare or affraid of dating a single dad for the reason that they think they have to take care of the kids + dad. Anyways good luck to all single dads that are here!!
 am70sguy
Msg: 155
view profile
History
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/20/2005 11:20:56 PM
It just ain't easy not matter what the circumstances are I think. Now both my kids are disabled. I don't know how the hell I'm going to get out for a date if some gal were to throw herself at me ;) Perhaps try the old invite them for spaghetti and a movie trick!

But... at least million other people had a worse day today, so I'll just just trudge along making the best of the circumstances.

Good luck and good going to the other great dads on here.
 josephg
Msg: 157
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/21/2005 4:21:43 PM
I'm not only ,a full time single dad, of two teenagers 16 and 18. I'm fifty -seven years old.
They keep me young! Your kids are the only thing, of any true value, you'll ever have, in your life!

valentinejack
Msg: 159
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/22/2005 11:07:31 AM
I am a full time single dad of an almost 5 year old bi-racial girl. it's tough, batteling exes, always getting refered to as a babysitter not a father, and fighting the expectation that society has that says that men should work and not see, or raise their own kids. it is soo worth it though, my mother always told me that when I grow up she hoped that I would have a kid that acted like I did when I was young, (kind of a curse) and now I do, and couldn't be happier. dating is wierd though, girls run when they find out you have a kid, or when you explain that you can't spend $75 on dinner for two more than once a month because your daughter who is 4, hit an unexpected growth spurt and is now wearing 6-7. either that or they think it's great and they try to take over the MOM role, which in my case is a no no. my daughter has a mom, whatever our differances are, she is not a bad mother, and even though mom and daughter only spend one or two days a week with eachother the bond is there. my last girlfriend went through both, alternatly, sometimes in the same day, being upset that I limited contact between my daughter and my girlfriend, and upset that there wasn't any alone time without my daughter being there. it's like you can't win either way. they get upset if you keep them apart, they get upset when the child is there. and if any of you out there want to try something fun, try dealing with a white girlfriend, and having a bi-racial kid. they always think that you ONLY like black women. not to mention the normal jelousy one girl has when you have a child by another. How many of you have heard, "you had a kid with her, why won't you have one with me? it's like some freaky procreation contest. it's all insane. why can't people just relax, enjoy the kids when they are there, enjoy adult time when they are gone, and realize the if we wanted to be with our exes, than we would have stayed with them. anyway thanx for the chance to rant.
 markncarrollton
Msg: 160
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/22/2005 5:04:44 PM
I am a single full time dad that is 46 yrs.old with a 5 yr.old daughter. Life is a gas!
 trixie1979
Msg: 161
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/22/2005 7:25:57 PM
It's funny that you asked that cause my best friend and I were discussing what she feels is the best man for me......a father.....I am more turned on to the fact that a man is a single father than any other man out there. It takes a lot to be a single parent as it is, and I wish that every child had fathers like the single dads here......Speaking from experience I have two fathers that won't even pick up the phone to check on their kids let alone take them for even a hot minute:( I respect any man who realized their kids are important...BRAVO BRAVO to all single dads you are some of the few:)

TY TY TY
 mommyoftwo20
Msg: 162
full-time single dads
Posted: 6/25/2005 7:47:30 PM
Hi everyone,
I to am a single mom of two beautiful children. I wouldn't change it for the world. They are my life and they are what makes my days so much brighter when I see their smiles or their wonderment(not sure if thats a word or not but anyways) when they learn something new. You will never know as much as love without kids than with them. Kids give so much even if their are babies like mine. And no, I dont know why single moms would run if you are a single dad as I can only see that as a plus. Like everyone says, single dads know what its like and they have been through it. Like someone else said though, its hard at certian ages to find someone special especially when were so young like me who is 21 and people who aer older like 30s,40 and so on. Anyways, just though I would say hi and I know how it feels.
 markncarrollton
Msg: 163
full-time single dads
Posted: 7/14/2005 5:06:34 PM
Single dad 46 with 5 yr. old daughter. I feel I have alot to offer. Professional dad and husband with experience in being provider and caregiver. unfortunatly no takers at the moment. who would have thought.
 BchBumDad
Msg: 164
full-time single dads
Posted: 7/14/2005 5:50:39 PM
I am a fulltime single Dad of 3 wonderful boys.... I have found that most women can not accept that fact or accept the thought of loving another womans child as her own.... Men are expected to do just that, but the times are changing... The children are the ones who suffer hte most in divorce and must be accepted for who they are and loved unconditionally.
 dragonflwr
Msg: 166
full-time single dads
Posted: 7/14/2005 8:46:38 PM
Single parents kind of know where each other are coming from. The best relationship I ever had was with a single dad. He knew how to treat me with respect and was the greatest lover. Too bad distance got in the way of us furthering our relationship.
 delsol19
Msg: 167
full-time single dads
Posted: 7/15/2005 2:34:33 AM
Hey man your not the only other one out there. It is hard But I promise it only gets easer from day 1. THey start walking and then talking and in the end your like i helped with the way he grew up.
 delsol19
Msg: 168
full-time single dads
Posted: 7/15/2005 2:35:35 AM
I beg to differ on the post men dont want n e thing to do with single moms. I love kids and i hope to have many. or help rais many
 secondbestdad
Msg: 174
full-time single dads
Posted: 7/17/2005 11:09:37 PM
Thanks dragons - its always nice to hear those words of encouragement! I'm a single dad to a 13 and a 10 year old, and I'm the luckiest man on earth!
 yogi13
Msg: 175
full-time single dads
Posted: 7/17/2005 11:23:38 PM
i have 2 kids but i have my daughter full time and shes 9
 secondbestdad
Msg: 176
full-time single dads
Posted: 7/18/2005 6:45:29 AM
Way to go, simon! And it only gets better and better!! :-)
 secondbestdad
Msg: 179
full-time single dads
Posted: 7/18/2005 8:57:32 PM
Way to go, afterdark! Kudos to you for putting the kids first!!
 jttreiber
Msg: 181
full-time single dads
Posted: 7/18/2005 11:19:44 PM
I am a full time single dad,living somewhere in OHIO.i have recently got temp.custody of my 9 year old boy.im 36 year old contractor.i love having my son ,but its very hard too find time to take care of buisness and take care and play with my son.
My marriage failed on april 1 of 2004 and i got custody on dec. 6th 2004 (temperarly).still going to court,but am very confident that ill win . thats whole other story!!!
Being a single dad is good but it gets lonely,thats why we are in places like this.
I have just meet someone in a chat room on my sprint phone and it is going very well. we just had our second meeting and im talking to her on the phone while im writing this,so i guess im doing good.
 am70sguy
Msg: 182
view profile
History
full-time single dads
Posted: 7/18/2005 11:40:12 PM
Cell phones have chat rooms now?

If I didn't have the luxary of working from home, I'd be screwed.
Err, I mean unempoyed. Definately not getting screwed, LOL
 davwaysmom
Msg: 183
full-time single dads
Posted: 7/19/2005 5:44:22 AM
I prefer to date a single dad. I'm a single mom and single dads seem to be more accepting of my situation.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >