Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 c_deacon
Msg: 60
view profile
History
why do men run away?Page 5 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Would it not be helpful to know why they are one way for some time and then just stop? I can not understand that at all.....

The use of the word "love" is used to often and for many different reasons, yet it is the one word so many want to hear or believe and will do almost anything to hear it. Maybe we need to use more words like "caring", "concerned", "understanding", "time", etc. and just be yourself......not what is expected of you.

Let it happen and not force it so fast, or have specific reasons to justify your actions while dating.

Just my opinion......
 Calisparkle
Msg: 111
view profile
History
why do men run away?
Posted: 8/8/2007 10:24:46 PM
they run away because they don't care and don't have the guts to say so (aka coward). it's that simple. Don't waste a precious minute on these types. Running away = don't care. That's the answer. So get on with bigger and better things. No answer is your answer.
 Calisparkle
Msg: 112
view profile
History
why do men run away?
Posted: 8/8/2007 10:27:02 PM
Yeah, but i would have to know someone a year or two before I would marry him. Wait two years? I don't think so. In the days when they did this, people married rather quickly, so the waiting time was not much. But these days, i would probably never marry anyone i haven't known for two years. You can't know someone, not really, in a matter of months.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 113
why do men run away?
Posted: 8/8/2007 10:56:32 PM

Why is it some men that you date, and they are so hot and heavy for you, they say they love you and then one day they just stop calling you and yu can't get in touch with them anymore. Are men cowards or what? or just scared to hurt the woman to call her and tell her he is not interested? I don't get it. Please help!

~OP~ This happens for all sorts of reasons. Why have you ended "relationships" in your life? I ended one once because every time he would eat, there was this horrific clicking noise. I know it sounds minimal, but dear me, it was either never eat in his company again or scream "Would you please go to the maxifacial dr. and have that damn noise fixed?" That really wouldn't have been appropriate, so I stopped seeing him (that was the final reason, there were others ~ but that was the bulk of the reason.)

Men run for the same reasons I run. Clinginess, lying, loss of attraction, inability to be as emotional as the other party, etc. Do I think he should have done so without a words warning? Absolutely NOT. But it happens all the time. And this explains why I don't meet/date until there is a long term communication trail, long periods on the phone and a near guarantee that meeting is a formality rather than a "get to know you" situation. Sex, sorry ~ not gonna happen until it's love. That usually gets rid of the less-sincere quite quickly. It works for me. JMO
 studplayrico
Msg: 116
view profile
History
why do men run away?
Posted: 8/15/2007 6:16:30 PM
He was not into you. Don't worry, it happened to me too.
 eightytwobs
Msg: 120
why do men run away?
Posted: 8/15/2007 8:18:56 PM
What was the reason he didn't call for a month??? I'm in the same situation. Chased me all over and then POOF... broke up w me. I have left him alone. Haven't called him. (He ditched ME so I guess I'm too embarrassed to get in touch with him!!) I'm hoping he will come to his senses!!! lol
 eightytwobs
Msg: 123
why do men run away?
Posted: 8/15/2007 8:46:07 PM
"It is the point that you cross. The one that they feel you are getting too close to figuring them out. The point when they feel you can affect them beyond their control. The point when they could fall...in love maybe...or is just the next level of intimacy. Maybe they don't know how to get to the next level through their own ignorance of who they are. Because people that lie to themselves or don't know themselves deny themselves of actually complete letting go, and feeling completely at peace.. I am no expert, I just live by what I say and say what I feel, and let the chips fall where they may. I just try to do the best that I can. Ask the guy if he can or will act natural and see what he says."

I agree with this 100%, and I think this is what happens more often than not w/ men. Fradie-cats....
 CapeFearPirate
Msg: 137
view profile
History
why do men run away?
Posted: 8/18/2007 10:13:34 AM
This question can be turned in the other direction as well. Why do women show interest then suddenly disappear? I don't get it either....I am a nice guy and treat any lady I am with with much respect. This whole dating thing has become more of a hassle than anything, which stinks because being alone all the time stinks too.Ladies, do you have any suggestions? Thanks!
 Adam 4 Coffee
Msg: 144
why do men run away?
Posted: 12/4/2007 5:28:02 AM
Because Janey's got a gun! Run Away Run Away Run away-ay-ay!

did you tell him you loved him ont he frist date? I don;t use such words or labels early on. YOu really have to know someone to love them. When is it ok to tell someone you love them? when you have been witht hem for months and on many dates. Its a difult subject. and ebing rejecting after bearing your sould to someone cna be very painful. So be cautious inw hat you say. Some men and women reject the love of another becuiase they are afraid of commitment. they are afraid to truly love someone. Tehy are afraid to live! I said I love you, that;s forever, I meant this from the heart mmm-hmmm. I love you jsut the way you are... (wow I love billy Joel.) Why is there no Happy Hanukah icon on POF. I feel left out.
 Seavoyage
Msg: 149
view profile
History
why do men run away?
Posted: 1/4/2008 8:20:39 AM
I definitely believe in monogamy. They say the divorce rate is going down in North America, at least. Hopefully, that's a good sign. I do think that many people are not like they were before in terms of knowing what it takes to build a relationship, to have a good, sound character. I can't really comment about those guys you mentioned who seek conquests except to say it's a form of selfishness and self-centredness and many women engage in their own game playing and some of us men have fallen for that. The stories are just not the same exactly, we men don't like to speak much about our bad stories with women as much. That's the difference.
We just take it as a bad lesson learned, but there are more risks for women when things go wrong, usually... I haven't lost faith and will never lose faith. As sure as the sun shines in Athens, Rome, London, and New York, I have faith in myself and the good people I can bring into my life...
 *buzz*
Msg: 150
view profile
History
why do men run away?
Posted: 1/4/2008 12:12:21 PM

Why is it some men that you date ... they say they love you and then one day they just stop calling you and yu can't get in touch with them anymore

I suppose it is because they didn't step out of their shadow completely.
(Shadow - that - could be their past or 'greener pastures' or simply guys who don't believe in themselves in the first place. Whatever the reason - let them go - as they have to find their own identity first.)
 Ignoble
Msg: 152
view profile
History
why do men run away?
Posted: 1/4/2008 4:12:21 PM
RE: First post.

Id say 99 percent of the time he just doesnt care about you in the slightest. Hope that helps you out. ^_^
 Seavoyage
Msg: 154
view profile
History
why do men run away?
Posted: 1/5/2008 5:53:45 AM
If you're not so interested anymore isn't cowardly not to say so. The other person deserves to know that, doesn't he or she? Of course, it's easy for me to say that, but I think we shouldn't string someone along....
 Cynderella
Msg: 157
view profile
History
why do men run away?
Posted: 1/6/2008 3:49:21 PM

Because we cannot chase them,club them and drag them back to our caves.

The good ole days!
 fancynanci
Msg: 158
view profile
History
why do men run away?
Posted: 1/6/2008 5:30:09 PM
Sometimes...it is just not meant to be. Just smile and move on. Something much, much better awaits you!
 sweetlady39
Msg: 167
why do men run away?
Posted: 2/3/2008 6:25:01 AM
I have found with guys that they put you in a position to see if and how far they will get. If you don't follow through with every detail they run and never look back. Don't worry I keep saying there are more fish in the sea..happy fishing...sweetlady39
 Vannili
Msg: 173
view profile
History
why do men run away?
Posted: 9/27/2008 9:44:38 AM
Perhaps they are not ready yet for relationship .
 packagedealx3
Msg: 174
view profile
History
why do men run away?
Posted: 9/27/2008 10:01:01 AM
Because they are fast and own Nikes.
 adoraburl
Msg: 179
why do men run away?
Posted: 5/17/2009 4:19:40 PM
I figure that everyone is nuts, damaged in shipping and handling, etc.
Me too.
I tend to overlook faults and think the best of people. This has caused me much grief.
It was said to me "the big mistake men make is thinking that women are different from each other...oh, THIS ONE will be different. No, they all go psycho-****, you just never know when." Probably the same can be said of men. :-)
I know i dont trust my judgement when it comes to women. I am now probably over cautious...but then again, i'm no great bargain!

bb
 Troyster510
Msg: 191
why do men run away?
Posted: 3/18/2011 5:37:33 AM
Real men don't do this, problem is, many women don't choose real men. If you are close enough to someone for it to matter that they left without letting you know, then the closeness should have involved knowing more than just a phone number. From my experience, many women are concerned with image, looks and money. Pretty much all the shallow aspects. When women experience the type of men that do things that are lacking in character, it's no wonder. It's because they let things move too fast. Faster than it takes to get to know a guy from the inside out. Like another person on here said, men leave for many reasons. Most men that leave in this immature kind of way are low grade, and sadly many women pick them for their pretty packaging. Most of those really nice guys that you say, "I love you but I'm just not IN love with you" to are likely a better pick. It's wise to pick a man like you pick a car. Check under the hood and worry about the paint job as a secondary item.
 Shankarah
Msg: 194
view profile
History
why do men run away?
Posted: 3/18/2011 10:59:14 PM
Yea i've gotten that one a couple of times. Another one i like is when they don't talk to you forever and then call you up out of the blue saying how much they love you and that they never got your text or email and why haven't you messeged them. What bull when his facebook page had him with another woman! Guess he forgot to hide that from me.
 Vannili
Msg: 196
view profile
History
why do men run away?
Posted: 3/19/2011 8:52:10 AM

When you give something to someone.
It's up to them whether they want to keep it or not.
Don't give "gifts' expecting something in return

why do men run away?

My nieghbor Miss Honey is very charitable to those men that are needy for "gifts" hoping she can keep them, they are tame and docile ,they don't run away ,because they have nowhere to run,so they return to their ex wivies... Haw,haww, haww
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >