Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MacKevinized
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Celibacy - a more common choice than people admit?Page 2 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
My dictionary says

abstaining from marriage and sexual relations, typically for religious reasons : a celibate priest. • having or involving no sexual relations

If your having sex with plastic, you are not abstaining from sexual relations you are having sex with yourself. There is no substitute for another's love.
 rossal
Msg: 123
Celibacy - a more common choice than people admit?
Posted: 10/17/2006 6:45:18 AM
Nadine: Unfortunately my celebacy hasn't ended yet!

Thank you for the birthday wishes; had my glamour shots done!

Hugs, Ally
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2006 8:33:33 AM
1. Find a friend. 2. Fall in Love 3. Give our Bodies. It's just little ole me. Bonnie
 moraima
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2006 9:03:41 AM
Have been celibate for a while now. Society seems to feel that isn't normal. Must go have sex. Looking around to see what is available. No, never mind. If I don't love you, I can't make love to you.
 flowerforce
Msg: 126
Posted: 11/7/2006 11:45:33 AM
I believe in celibacy unless I am in a deeply careing relationship. I am not willing to hop into bed just for the sport of it. I want to commit myself heart soul/spirit and body. Sexual desire is not enough to have me jumping into bed. There needs to be much more for me to want to be sexual. One reason is when two people are sexual there is a hormone that is emited that creats a bond between them. The act of intercourse is far deeper than it has been assumed in receint times.
The other reason is my sexuality is linked with my soul/spirituality and heart. Sex for the sake of it does nothing for my heart, soul/sperit and my body only feels good for a short time.

Do I get turned on? You bet. Do I like sex? Yes but I am inerested in the full meal deal and am more that happy to wait for a deep emotional connection before engaging in sexual contact with a partner however long that takes.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2006 9:06:41 AM
This thread also answers the thread "use it or lose it". Celibacy is a moral choice and not a medical problem. Weaved in to this thread are medical problems as with all the other issues on "sex". (big difference) We choose to wait for a meaning than just an act. At the right time, with the right person, I personally know that I will not have "lost it".
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2006 9:00:39 AM
Interesting12, it was just brought to my attention that "use it or lose" and celibacy for a man is combated by nature. The natural morning erection is natures way of sustaining blood flow and insuring performance on demand. I live in the dark ages of boy toys, and still consider sexual gratification to be "it takes two to tango". If my body deceived my mind I would no longer have the need for the warmth of a loving relationship. I remain true to my celibacy status. 1.Friend 2.Fall in love 3. give our bodies.
 superman38549
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2009 12:55:22 PM
Dose anybody want to chat with superman
 superman38549
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2009 1:01:40 PM
How are u doing today
 superman38549
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2009 1:06:18 PM
Dose anybody want to chat with superman
 browneyesboo
Msg: 141
Posted: 9/28/2009 1:07:06 PM
ahahahahahahahahahahaha! ^^^^
 kissmyasthma
Msg: 143
Posted: 10/3/2010 6:26:10 AM
^^^^^^^More truer than most would admit.

Even from the OP's statement you gather that she is incapable of enjoying sex without some emotional bond.
That's fine but does that mean sex can never be enjoyed for sex's sake?
Is the act itself inseparable for most women?
This to me would be the cause for the blows to one's self esteem.
God forbid a man finds you attractive enough to have sex with, what was he thinking? Shame on him.
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 144
Posted: 10/3/2010 8:04:55 AM

I think for most women it is an emotionally bonding.. There are some women that think this will not happen but often if it continues they find it has..

I think very few women can really separate love and sex.. One of the reasons you see no Viagara for women.. Most of what is experienced is mental.. In fact they recently tested a new drug giving half the women a placebo.. They all enjoyed a better sex life with their partners.. Proves the point..

thecatsmeoww
 veteran heart
Msg: 145
Posted: 10/16/2010 4:47:09 PM
For me, its been almost 5 years. I'm sorry, but i am picky in who I sleep with. Too many dangerous diseases out there. Plus I have to love them to sleep with them. Call it old fashion, but oh well. I donate blood every 6 weeks and i can't afford to get Aids,Herpes,Hepatitis, just to scratch a itch. That's what vibrators are for. No where as good as a man, but then again, I ain't going to die from the encounter either.
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2010 3:32:17 AM
Celibacy is not my choice. Celibacy is my lack of choices of the men to chose from. I hate celibacy, but I have no choices.
 damassteel
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2010 8:16:08 AM
Cat Eyes, I think more accurately you've chosen NOT to choose. You have as I'm sure you already know, limited your choices to the point very few men will fit your exacting criteria for height, build, weight, hair, and sexual preferences.
JMO, the oral sex prohibition is a major buzz kill for a whole lot of otherwise suitable candidates(but you knew that already).
 Annie was here
Msg: 148
Posted: 10/24/2010 9:26:48 PM
Hi Electra! Wherever you may be now lol! I don't think you are celibate due to a "choice".From what you have written it seems like celibacy is due to you not being with someone who you feel comfortable enough with to have sexual relations with.Should the right man come along I am sure your celibacy would go straight out the window along with your knickers.
 rustytraveler
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2010 2:28:33 AM
damassteel:

Cat Eyes, I think more accurately you've chosen NOT to choose. You have as I'm sure you already know, limited your choices to the point very few men will fit your exacting criteria for height, build, weight, hair, and sexual preferences.
JMO, the oral sex prohibition is a major buzz kill for a whole lot of otherwise suitable candidates(but you knew that already).

.... reality is so messy and fantasies so perfect and pristine
 matchlight
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2010 9:02:52 AM

One of the reasons you see no Viagara for women.. Most of what is experienced is mental.

I agree that a lot of what's experienced is mental. But I think there's more to it. About as many women as men say that drugs like Prozac, for example, have decreased their libido or otherwise interfered with sex. And a lot of women have reported that Wellbutrin--an antidepressant also used as a smoking cure--increases it, sometimes a lot.

I think when a man doesn't feel much attachment to the woman he's having sex with, it's sometimes because the experience isn't all that intense. Men may wish for more, but we don't usually turn down sex just because it's not with our dream girl. And we're not likely to start thinking she is just because we've been in bed with her a few times.
 nativerock
Msg: 151
Posted: 10/26/2010 10:42:13 AM

I agree that a lot of what's experienced is mental. But I think there's more to it. About as many women as men say that drugs like Prozac, for example, have decreased their libido or otherwise interfered with sex. And a lot of women have reported that Wellbutrin--an antidepressant also used as a smoking cure--increases it, sometimes a lot.

Once you are on any pharmaceuticals there are indeed side effects...So just something to be aware of if you have to take any.. also explore the alternative integrative type of medicine if at all possible..

I think when a man doesn't feel much attachment to the woman he's having sex with, it's sometimes because the experience isn't all that intense. Men may wish for more, but we don't usually turn down sex just because it's not with our dream girl. And we're not likely to start thinking she is just because we've been in bed with her a few times.

That is what I really figured since most men are far better at separating the wheat from the chaff (sort of speak) than most women are..

nativerock
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2010 11:08:02 AM

what the hell would you do with a WIFE at 15???

bangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbang
 Miss W
Msg: 153
Posted: 10/31/2010 7:26:06 PM
Celibacy comes into force when you would rather gouge your eyes out or crawl thorough glass and vomit instead of doing someone who is gross, has delusions of being more than he is and has no idea as to how repulsive he is yet feels entitled and then there is that lack of personality. 'Tis exhausting.
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2010 7:58:47 PM

No, and, no.

Just sayin'
 _Icon_
Msg: 155
Posted: 10/31/2010 10:15:33 PM
Even from the OP's statement you gather that she is incapable of enjoying sex without some emotional bond.
This to me would be the cause for the blows to one's self esteem.
God forbid a man finds you attractive enough to have sex with, what was he thinking? Shame on him.

It is very difficult for many women to separate sex and love. Why? Because we are MADE that way.
It is a chemical reaction in the female brain designed to promote pairbonding and survival of offspring.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxytocin

Instead of debating the merits of celibacy, I would like to learn ways to embrace it.
 nativerock
Msg: 156
Posted: 11/1/2010 2:21:09 AM

Instead of debating the merits of celibacy, I would like to learn ways to embrace it.

I have learned to embrace it. It is a way to embrace my gendered existence to relate to myself in a respectful way.. It has brought me better understanding of my own flesh and spirit..

I was celibate for 14 years after the death of my husband. I was raising my children by myself quite happily in the woods.. Living a very healing experience with them. I had no desire to date and introduce another man into their life. I was focused on raising them at that period in my life..

nativerock
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >