Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Poet102781
Msg: 13
Drug abuse, alcohol abuse and food abuse....Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I watched a doc. on this actually!

The mother of a woman who had this, had to put a lock on the fridge.

It cant be cured, only contolled, and implimented. I felt bad for the woman, because she also had some sort of downs syndrome, and couldnt qutie grasp the reason why her mother was being " so mean ".

There is something wrong, when billions of dollars/yen/douche marks...ect, are spent on advertising of unhealthy foods, and shit we dont need......

Instead of healthy food, intergrated into todays society.

Now if Britney S......sold broccoli, instead of say pepsi...it would be quite a fcuking thing.

But like I allways say......THERE IS NO MONEY IN THE CURE.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Drug abuse, alcohol abuse and food abuse....
Posted: 9/21/2006 8:43:50 AM
Is almost all obesity elective? Yes, therefore food is abused, no?
 mogrl
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/21/2006 3:00:33 PM
@handyman,whats the average in CA ?? What size are you??
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/14/2010 8:14:16 AM

Think you can't gain weight on a vegitarian diet?

I know soooooooooooo many fat vegetarians.
They eat tons of grains, breads , sugars.

I know 2 obese vegans.

One I go to tea with on occasion has pie or pastries with her tea...Pulease.
As long as there is no egg in it... forbid it have animal product.

Not talking a little padding here. She could lose 50-70 pounds.
Vegetarian pizza, tofu burgers with fries.....pies, candy.
Non dairy ice creams..Junk full of sugar.

Food addiction is like many others except you do have to eat to stay alive.
 msdemeanor70
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/14/2010 8:54:08 AM

I wonder if one day we'll see the same kind of ads on TV for giving up overeating that we do for smoking.

We do now!! Every commercial break there is at least one advertisement for overweight people. Either a drug (Slimquick), eating support group (Jenny Craig), exercise equipment (Shake Weight) or diet food (Lean Cuisine). Add to that, FitTV, all of the weight loss shows (Biggest Loser) and the reality shows based around overweight people trying to get healthy (Ruby) and you've got pretty good market coverage.
 Rarebird76
Msg: 43
Posted: 3/20/2010 12:20:00 PM

you have to have a prescription for thyroid medication
So get checked out and if your thyroid is out of whack they can prescribe the appropriate medicine to correct it depending on if it's hyper or hypo. If you don't have health insurance go to a pay per visit clinic.
 Rarebird76
Msg: 44
Posted: 3/20/2010 12:33:54 PM

As I said, there are lots of people who are in the "low but normal" category, according to an outdated scale. These people will never be given prescriptions for thyroid medication. And, it's very very very rarely anywhere in the media, online or offline. Why? As I said, follow the money trail. The diet industry is one of the biggest one in the nation.
Ok.......
 LG2727
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2010 6:12:32 PM
How do you think people become obese? They don't eat because they want to be outcasts from society, it's because of underlying issues, no different from those who drink or do drugs to escape their problems. To bad the druggies and alcoholics are pitied and help is there for them, but not the food addict, they are just condemned by society for being gluttonous pigs, instead of killing people driving drunk or breaking the law doing or selling drugs their only crime is that they don't look good enough for the skinny people who have never had a weight problem.....does anyone else see this as just plain wrong?
 superhotmama713
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2010 5:05:05 AM
I WOULD SAY DEFINATELY. I MEAN HAVE YOU SEEN ALL THE EXCESSIVELY FAT PEOPLE RUNNING AROUND THESE DAYS, FOOD IS BEING ABUSED. AND SO ARE THE COUCH CUSHIONS, THE REMOTE CONTROL, THE LAME ASS EXCUSES USED TO AVOID PHYSICAL ACTIVITY!!!!
 *november babee*
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2010 10:36:59 AM
I MEAN HAVE YOU SEEN ALL THE EXCESSIVELY FAT PEOPLE RUNNING AROUND THESE DAYS,

ive never actually seen an excessively fat person running anywhere, and that is part of the problem too.. stuffing your face and not shifting your @ss from the settee while you watch tv..
i watched a program on the tv the other day called man v food, OMG, ive never in my life seen anyone stuff such huge portions of food into what is a biggish but not massive bloke... he eat a 72oz steak, with a baked potato salad and a bread roll, all in about 30 mins and as he did such a belly busting feat, got the whole lot for free....
i have never heard of eating competitions before...
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2010 5:59:42 PM

If the media published more of these facts, and less sensationalism, more people would be knowledgeable of facts,

'the media' does. thus the problem: the blizzard of information, much of it contradictory, much of it rendered obsolete as research reveals new aspects, much of it obfuscatory nonsense from the companies with a stake in the billion-dollar junk food industry.

what this poster is asking for is 'the media' to sort it out for her. sorry, no can do - that's your job as a consumer.
 Jonejo
Msg: 55
Posted: 3/24/2010 7:10:46 PM
its when you violate the 10 second rule, cook a tuna steak well done, drinking wine with out cheese and french bread, beer without pizza, I guess a food addict would be, the 400 lb 5 '4 sister inlaw that hATES YOU, and farts to make us all smell better..id say anything could be abused from one extent to another, i just made my self sick
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 56
Posted: 11/13/2011 9:42:13 AM
any addictive behavior is basically the same. Goes for compulsive sex addicts, gamblers, shoppers etc.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 57
Posted: 11/13/2011 2:12:35 PM
Is putting sugar on sugar frosted flakes and salt on ham considered "food abuse"?

If so, then yes, there is such a thing as food abuse.....and I am guilty of it.
 statemachine500
Msg: 58
Posted: 11/13/2011 8:08:47 PM
What forumologist has to say is sound advice.
 Ratsrule
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2011 4:52:17 AM
It's not just overeaters who abuse food - Anyone with an eating disorder does have an obsession and usually addiction to food. It just comes out in different ways. Food (or the denial thereof) is still the tool that you use to abuse and punish yourself. It's the focus of your desires whether you eat it or not.

I'm surprised by the way everyone jumped immediately to overeating and that the rest (Anorexia, Bulimia, ED NOS) was largely ignored apart from by a very few posters... I thought people were more aware of these problems nowadays
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 60
Posted: 11/14/2011 5:34:56 AM

I'm surprised by the way everyone jumped immediately to overeating and that the rest (Anorexia, Bulimia, ED NOS) was largely ignored apart from by a very few posters... I thought people were more aware of these problems nowadays

very well said
 carptopus
Msg: 61
Posted: 11/14/2011 6:00:23 AM

I'm surprised by the way everyone jumped immediately to overeating and that the rest (Anorexia, Bulimia, ED NOS) was largely ignored apart from by a very few posters...

You are surprised everyone on a dating site jumped immediately to things that make people fat?

I thought people were more aware of these problems nowadays

People are aware of what is common in their environment.
 charlie_girl_2
Msg: 62
Posted: 11/14/2011 6:45:00 AM
Why is this topic in Relationships rather than the one for Health?

Unless you are Hypothyroid or an Endocrinologist, I've got news for you that think you know about problems with the Thyroid. I don't have one! I had thyroid cancer a few years ago, getting along just great, but do, off/on, have the metabolism issue and even if I only ate 900 calories a day, I would NOT be thin! Look it up!

Also, iodine is NOT the remedy... it would only cause extreme problems with someone who has lost their thyroid due to cancer.

I take Synthroid for Hypothyroidism which has its own issues but necessary to keep me in good health. I have to have this measured about every 6 months.

So... please before you throw rocks, be sure you know what the heck you are talking about.

charlie_girl_2
Msg: 63
Posted: 11/14/2011 10:55:59 AM
Note: I guess I should have added that I do not abuse. Period!
Hypothyroidism doesn't mean abuse or obese.

Ratsrule
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2011 1:31:34 PM

I'm surprised by the way everyone jumped immediately to overeating and that the rest (Anorexia, Bulimia, ED NOS) was largely ignored apart from by a very few posters...

You are surprised everyone on a dating site jumped immediately to things that make people fat?

I thought people were more aware of these problems nowadays

People are aware of what is common in their environment..

Absolutely - and with eating disorders of all kinds raging through society I do find it strange that a large group of people focus so intensely on one particular brand when the topic o food abuse comes up. there are huge issues with food in every weight bracket - most people i know in daily life are well aware of at least a range of those levels - why should POF be any different?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >