Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 vanityfair55
Msg: 343
Breast Augmentation over 45Page 7 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
Ok, I see what you mean now.That's what I get when I don't pay attention lol
 vanityfair55
Msg: 348
Breast Augmentation over 45
Posted: 8/5/2012 7:55:59 AM
astarpilot-36-38 that's the band size which just tells how wide your back is,it's the cup size example b,c,d,dd etc etc
 Doll2Keep
Msg: 349
Posted: 8/5/2012 9:17:35 AM
Absolutely no scientific correlation in your opinion. Mammogram machines are designed to accommodate the implant patient just as well as non-implant.

Like so many other dreams, needs and choices, one needs to choose for themselves as if they are the only reason to make the decision. Again.....a 50% ratio on those that believe in them and those that don't....

The list is endless....

Implants VS natural
Athletic VS average
Large VS thin
Young VS old
Independent VS clingy
Etc, etc....

Get as much information as needed to make an informed decision for your own satisfaction. If you believe they will make you FEEL more attractive, then choosing to go for it will make you more attractive because YOU feel it!

It's never to late to EVER change something/anything in your life to pursue a happier lifestyle.
 Aura1shine
Msg: 350
Posted: 8/5/2012 10:49:31 AM
I seen some advertisement for penis enlargement, somehow I found those men ended up more problems landing in the hospital with urology complication later in life. Same as breast augmentation that will provide for few years and eventually have to be removed.
If you are willing to go through another surgery for implant removal at a later stage in life....go for it if you can endure pain and can afford additional large sum of financial expenses.
 vanityfair55
Msg: 351
Posted: 8/5/2012 11:18:18 AM
Your supposed to have them exchanged around the 10 year mark but as I've stated before I have seen women with years past that.And life is too short not to do something that makes "you" feel good about your self. Penis enlargements rarely work.
 Doll2Keep
Msg: 352
Posted: 8/5/2012 12:55:02 PM
Now your talking.... ;-)

Implant replacements/upgrades are on a case by case basis. I have friends with implants well over the 20 year mark with no negatives to mention. My doctor told me, with my health and lifestyle, I can expect satisfaction easily for 20 years....he also mentioned, he rarely removes, he does upgrades based on how the implant was placed. (over the muscle or under the muscle) . Little info....under the muscle maintains the desired results for maximum years, whereas, over the muscle tends to stretch the breast skin sooner than desired. You mentioned a curiosity for what's involved.....surgery is about 1 1/2 hrs, first 48 hours are painful (not death's door), third day going forward, discomfort easily minimized with pain relievers and rest. Back to work 4 days later. My scars are very faint in color and smooth. I limited myself on labor for a few months (my own preference to heal quicker) and then resumed my active lifestyle with a new confidence.

Quick note: Health insurance WILL pay for the removal if your health is in question. So to be financially worried in the future would only apply to an upgrade...as with most products, prices go up every year.

I wish you the best with your decision either way.
 vanityfair55
Msg: 353
Posted: 8/5/2012 1:35:42 PM
Exactly correct!
 RosehipsAlberta
Msg: 354
Posted: 8/7/2012 4:31:51 PM
Sure it's acceptable.
But it's not very wise. The older we get, the more we are predisposed to breast cancer, and detecting breast cancer is more difficult with breast augmentation.

This is without even going into all the OTHER potential complications and risks.
Any medical procedure (and that includes breast augmentation) always carries some sort of risk. One should only agree to a treatment or procedure if the problems of NOT getting it outweigh the risk.
And since smaller breasts is not life-threatening, or even health-threatening, the risk is not justified .. especially as we grow older.
 vanityfair55
Msg: 355
Posted: 8/7/2012 6:02:02 PM
That's just not true,you need to get your facts straight before commenting,as I feel I am pretty well versed in this having also worked for a cosmetic surgeon for a few years!
 Doll2Keep
Msg: 356
Posted: 8/8/2012 6:10:28 PM
@Vanity....I agree. I am sure the mythical opinion risks are not a priority for a woman who has had a double mastectomy.
 vanityfair55
Msg: 357
Posted: 8/8/2012 6:31:08 PM
Agree with you there,by the way you look great!
 jham123
Msg: 358
Posted: 8/14/2012 12:08:30 PM
Let's be honest here.....

"Capsular contracture is the term used to describe scar tissue that can form around breast implants which may cause the breasts to harden, may cause the breasts to look or feel different, and may cause some discomfort from the tightening of the capsule. Capsular contracture is an unpredictable complication, but it is also the most common complication following breast augmentation. Although presently we do not know what causes a capsular contracture to form in one woman and not in another, or why one breast may harden while the other remains completely soft and natural, there are some techniques that have reduced the risk in patients.

How is capsular contracture diagnosed?

A capsular contracture is usually diagnosed on physical examination by a plastic surgeon. You may notice that one or both of your breasts are not as soft as they once were or may actually begin to harden, your breasts may begin to look or feel different, or you may experience some discomfort from the tightening of the capsule. The appearance of any of these signs should alert you to the need to have your breasts examined by a plastic surgeon at your earliest convenience.

Your plastic surgeon will examine you to determine if indeed you have a capsular contracture. The examination of each breast is classified on a scale of I to IV:

Grade I: The breast is soft and normal

Grade II: The breast is less soft than normal, and the implant can be palpated

Grade III: The breast is firm, the implant can be palpated easily, and an asymmetrical distortion of shape can be appreciated

Grade IV: The breast is hard, tender, painful, and the shape distortion is pronounced or severe

Can capsular contracture be seen on a mammogram?

It is often possible to visualize the thickened capsules radiologically with a mammogram, ultrasound or MRI, although this is not necessary for the diagnosis to be made.
 jham123
Msg: 359
Posted: 8/14/2012 12:10:52 PM
Sooooo.....

Once this occurs, you have to have your implants removed, the scar tissue removed (cut out) and then have no implants or return implants into the breast.

AND that being stated, there is no guarantee that if you have your breast re-done that the scar tissue doesn't just reform within months and you are back to where you started.
 jham123
Msg: 360
Posted: 8/14/2012 12:14:53 PM
AND! back on topic, who is to say that a nicely packaged "B" cup isn't desirable in the dating game anyway? I mean, at 40-50 years of age isn't it more a case of finding compatibility and companionship than it is finding a trophy wife??

I mean, if a guy is going after "that look", do you think he is going to shop in the 40-50 year old isle or will he be more likely to peruse the 28-35 year old isle looking for Sugar Daddy Hunters?
 authenticoutlook
Msg: 361
Posted: 8/14/2012 3:37:09 PM
Never had the urge or the need for them myself but am starting to think I might need a tune up in the mid 50's! Whether or not I do that will depend on how I feel about it at that time. I wouldn't need implants just the muscles or ligaments above them shortened to raise them up higher! LOL

I think whatever you want to do with your body YOU GO GIRL! I do have friends that have done it and they look great. It does make them ego climb and it does make them feel better if not younger believe it or not.

It is true:
They are only good for 10 to 15 years and have to be redone. The longer you wait over that time the scar tissue is worse, leaking potential greatens.
The only other drawback I have heard of is the phenomena within clinical studies that your body will eventually grow into them. Which means, you will gain weight in the lower part of your body to compensate for the new breast size over time.
 vanityfair55
Msg: 362
Posted: 8/14/2012 5:44:24 PM
Most people do develop capsular contraction to a small degree as it is a foreign body.I developed a bad case pretty much right away but had it redone and it's been 5 years no recurrance. They Recommend you have them redone in that time frame but not everyone does.I've never seen a study of your body growing into them,and find that one hard to believe as I know many women that remain small who have had implants.Including myself.
 Welsh474
Msg: 363
Posted: 8/14/2012 6:15:02 PM
I saw an ad for a breast cancer campaign, an attractive woman wearing a T-shirt that says "Yes, they're fake. My real ones tried to kill me". I thought it made a good point.

The thing is, why the hell not do something that makes you feel better. If you want larger breasts, go for it. I have a friend that got braces on her teeth in her late 40's, her teeth always bothered her and she could now afford them. I didn't notice all that much difference but she's the one doing it and it made her happy. She did it for herself.

I am of the same opinion on facelifts, etc. Do what you want, do what pleases you. Don't do it for someone else, do it for yourself. And really, it shouldn't be anyone elses business.

"mine are real and they're spectacular" Seinfeld
 vanityfair55
Msg: 364
Posted: 8/14/2012 7:18:36 PM
Welsh474, always been my sentiments! Why do other people "care" so much about what you do if it makes you happy,frankly it's none of their business! Luv Seinfield and that episode lol
 destiny.laughed
Msg: 365
Posted: 8/14/2012 7:48:46 PM
I think that as long as you are informed of all the risks vs benefits and you are realistic about the outcome, it's fine.

I've been well endowed since my late teens. It hasn't brought me happiness, although other things did. And, to be honest, it did bring me attention, just not the kind I wanted.

Oh, I guess the grass is always greener...
 Zoe_
Msg: 366
Posted: 9/29/2012 11:34:03 PM
Of course and I'm 63...whatever makes you feel good, I'm all for.
 CheezyChick
Msg: 367
Posted: 9/30/2012 12:25:27 AM
Omg...if you want to get breast implants at any age because "they seem to get more favorites", I think you're in need of some kind of therapy.
 HDgal51
Msg: 368
Posted: 9/30/2012 6:21:47 AM
No. A woman's self esteem should not be in her breasts. How very shallow. Hollywood and current fashion magazines are to blame for this fixation and that we as women should conform to this ideal that all of us should have large breasts. Poppycock! If this is what men want, they are just as shallow as the women getting the boob job done.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 369
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2012 10:30:39 AM
Most women I ever knew who had breast surgery (Plus and Minus, as it happens), did it for themselves, not for the appeal to men. All kinds of reasons, most of which I found to be frivolous, but universally they professed to being satisfied with the results as it made them feel better about themselves in various ways.

I suppose the broad social context that communicates what a woman should look like inevitably has an impact on their thinking and decision making about the subject, and that is probably a negative consequence of the sexualized advertising that abounds. Still, if a woman wants to change her appearance to make herself feel better, more confident, more female, whatever, why not go ahead? Aside from the serious risks that surgery and medical competence present, its not much different than shopping for clothes.
 59thShadeofGrey
Msg: 370
Posted: 9/30/2012 11:27:47 AM

Most women I ever knew who had breast surgery (Plus and Minus, as it happens), did it for themselves, not for the appeal to men. All kinds of reasons, most of which I found to be frivolous, but universally they professed to being satisfied with the results as it made them feel better about themselves in various ways.

And no offense to those women.....but let's cut the crap. Augmentation has 1 purpose only - to enhance a womans sexual appearance. They can wax all they want about the 'various ways' that this procedure 'made them feel better about themselves' - but it is what it is. Nothing wrong with it - I likes me some boobage - but I have more respect for people that are honest with themselves. My ex had it done. She was a Negative A cup. Insisted she needed the boobs so she could 'fill out her clothing properly' and 'feel better about herself'. But when we got the tequila flowing to celebrate her new C cups, the first (and only) comment she had was "Damn, I look sexy!!"

Get boobs if you want them. Just don't trot out this obscene rationalization that it's just to 'feel better' and has nothing to do with your sexual self-image. Yes, men are stoopid, but give me a break...
;-)
 rearguard*2
Msg: 371
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2012 11:52:28 AM
Well, one can presume that women do it to improve their sex appeal, but then again there are many who do it for reconstructive purposes, and there is a lot more to a woman's self image than sex appeal. I think that the view that its all about appealing to men is entirely without merit. Many women I have known look into this kind of thing even if they are married or in stable relationships in which the man finds them quite appealing however they fill their bras, yet they have a self image which is affected by various factors such as weight loss, illness, child baring, etc that cause them to seek surgery.

If nothing else, and probably for no really valid reason, we all tend to want to conform to certain style trends, and boob jobs are just another aspect of that human behaviour. Nothing to do with "being honest" in my view.

Your typical woman today is bombarded by e-mails from Vicky's Secret, replete with pictures of models that don't quite look like her, but are presented as the ideal to be sought. Is it really any wonder that plastic surgeons are making a fortune? I don't think so.....
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >