Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 destiny.laughed
Msg: 365
Breast Augmentation over 45Page 9 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
I think that as long as you are informed of all the risks vs benefits and you are realistic about the outcome, it's fine.

I've been well endowed since my late teens. It hasn't brought me happiness, although other things did. And, to be honest, it did bring me attention, just not the kind I wanted.

Oh, I guess the grass is always greener...
 Zoe_
Msg: 366
Breast Augmentation over 45
Posted: 9/29/2012 11:34:03 PM
Of course and I'm 63...whatever makes you feel good, I'm all for.
 CheezyChick
Msg: 367
Posted: 9/30/2012 12:25:27 AM
Omg...if you want to get breast implants at any age because "they seem to get more favorites", I think you're in need of some kind of therapy.
 HDgal51
Msg: 368
Posted: 9/30/2012 6:21:47 AM
No. A woman's self esteem should not be in her breasts. How very shallow. Hollywood and current fashion magazines are to blame for this fixation and that we as women should conform to this ideal that all of us should have large breasts. Poppycock! If this is what men want, they are just as shallow as the women getting the boob job done.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 369
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2012 10:30:39 AM
Most women I ever knew who had breast surgery (Plus and Minus, as it happens), did it for themselves, not for the appeal to men. All kinds of reasons, most of which I found to be frivolous, but universally they professed to being satisfied with the results as it made them feel better about themselves in various ways.

I suppose the broad social context that communicates what a woman should look like inevitably has an impact on their thinking and decision making about the subject, and that is probably a negative consequence of the sexualized advertising that abounds. Still, if a woman wants to change her appearance to make herself feel better, more confident, more female, whatever, why not go ahead? Aside from the serious risks that surgery and medical competence present, its not much different than shopping for clothes.
 59thShadeofGrey
Msg: 370
Posted: 9/30/2012 11:27:47 AM

Most women I ever knew who had breast surgery (Plus and Minus, as it happens), did it for themselves, not for the appeal to men. All kinds of reasons, most of which I found to be frivolous, but universally they professed to being satisfied with the results as it made them feel better about themselves in various ways.

And no offense to those women.....but let's cut the crap. Augmentation has 1 purpose only - to enhance a womans sexual appearance. They can wax all they want about the 'various ways' that this procedure 'made them feel better about themselves' - but it is what it is. Nothing wrong with it - I likes me some boobage - but I have more respect for people that are honest with themselves. My ex had it done. She was a Negative A cup. Insisted she needed the boobs so she could 'fill out her clothing properly' and 'feel better about herself'. But when we got the tequila flowing to celebrate her new C cups, the first (and only) comment she had was "Damn, I look sexy!!"

Get boobs if you want them. Just don't trot out this obscene rationalization that it's just to 'feel better' and has nothing to do with your sexual self-image. Yes, men are stoopid, but give me a break...
;-)
 rearguard*2
Msg: 371
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2012 11:52:28 AM
Well, one can presume that women do it to improve their sex appeal, but then again there are many who do it for reconstructive purposes, and there is a lot more to a woman's self image than sex appeal. I think that the view that its all about appealing to men is entirely without merit. Many women I have known look into this kind of thing even if they are married or in stable relationships in which the man finds them quite appealing however they fill their bras, yet they have a self image which is affected by various factors such as weight loss, illness, child baring, etc that cause them to seek surgery.

If nothing else, and probably for no really valid reason, we all tend to want to conform to certain style trends, and boob jobs are just another aspect of that human behaviour. Nothing to do with "being honest" in my view.

Your typical woman today is bombarded by e-mails from Vicky's Secret, replete with pictures of models that don't quite look like her, but are presented as the ideal to be sought. Is it really any wonder that plastic surgeons are making a fortune? I don't think so.....
 59thShadeofGrey
Msg: 372
Posted: 9/30/2012 12:15:06 PM

Your typical woman today is bombarded by e-mails from Vicky's Secret, replete with pictures of models that don't quite look like her, but are presented as the ideal to be sought. Is it really any wonder that plastic surgeons are making a fortune? I don't think so.....

Well, reconstruction is about returning a woman to the physicality she has based her wardrobe on, so I would not include that in the general subject of augmentation to create a whole new appeal.

My wife knew I could care less about the size of her breasts - they were sensitive with awesome nipples, and I was well-pleased... But she still wanted to enhance her attractiveness - to what purpose? To look more attractive to children? To dogs? To mailboxes? No, she wanted to look more like those models and playmates - more like 'a real woman' in our idiotic cultural meme. She was honest about it, and I loved her for that. Getting that enhancement however did not make her a better person, nor more charitable, kind, intelligent, decisive, playful, spiritual, decent, or a better mom or wife or companion. It just made her more sexy looking.

Again, nothing wrong with wanting to look sexy. I would like to look more like George Clooney. But the reason is I think it would be cool to have a vagina train 2000 miles long line up outside my door - lol! - not because I think it would make me a better person in any meaningful or non-sexual way.
;-)
 rearguard*2
Msg: 373
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2012 12:43:16 PM
Well if you really would like to have a 2000 mile long vagina train at your door, you have not learned much about the consequences of having sex with women for a guy of your age. You are hardly ugly, stupid or broke, so my thoughts are that you can have a train as long as your body can stand. However, women, whatever they look like, are, in the end, women, and any single one of them can be much more of an impact on your life than you can even physically tolerate......

I am pretty sure that George has an unlisted phone number, a gated home, private security and a hot line to the local cops, all to make sure that the 2000 mile long train doesn't roll right over him and tear him to pieces, either physically or emotionally......
 59thShadeofGrey
Msg: 374
Posted: 9/30/2012 12:53:10 PM

I am pretty sure that George has an unlisted phone number, a gated home, private security and a hot line to the local cops, all to make sure that the 2000 mile long train doesn't roll right over him and tear him to pieces, either physically or emotionally......

OK, you took my humor way too seriously. That's OK, I get that a lot. I'm an acquired taste, and many fail to acquire it. ;-)

My point is simply that it appears to be a self-deception for someone to assert that their desire for breast augmentation has nothing to do with their sexual identity or sexual attractiveness - which is different from 'attraction' in general. If I want to be 'attractive' to a potential employer, I present an impressive resume - I don't put a sock in my slacks. Augmentation is for sexual attraction. I'll wager that no one has ever looked at a woman post-op and exclaimed "Wow! She looks so much (smarter, healthier, successful....insert any positive non-sexual attribute) now!"

I'm just sayin'.....
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 375
Posted: 9/30/2012 3:42:42 PM
Why would your age have anything to do with it? Don't think because you are older you shouldn't have it done you should absoulutely!

I don't know what state your in but in Illinois, most ppl go across the border to Indiana to have cosmetic work done, in Illinois the malpractice insurance is very high. You pay thousands less across the state line.
Also look into a teaching hospital in your area, The resident is your doctor, who has already preformed this operation & is under the supervision of highly trained doctors. So the cost is less.

Go for it! Look & feel your best!
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 376
Posted: 9/30/2012 3:46:01 PM
And no offense to those women.....but let's cut the crap. Augmentation has 1 purpose only - to enhance a womans sexual appearance. They can wax all they want about the 'various ways' that this procedure 'made them feel better about themselves' - but it is what it is.

Your statement is not true at all, You're a man, & you don't know what these women were thinking or their reasons for getting the procedure. You can't lump all women into 1 pile & say, all of you have done this for this one & only reason.
 1388SmartBlonde
Msg: 377
Posted: 9/30/2012 4:52:09 PM
I have had friends who have done both...the one who had augementation surgery did so because although the rest of her looked good, her breasts did not bounce back after 4 kids and they looked like severely deflated balloons. She says her husband loves her new breasts and it has been good for them as a couple. Another friend had hers reduced because of back pain from carrying her EEE's around. She is now a D and is happy with the results.

So I guess my opinion is that if you think your life will be improved enough to offset the risks and costs of surgery, do what makes you happy. Do your research carefully, select a board certified plastic surgeon, and be prepared that you may or may not be happy with the ultimate result. Mammograms and cancer detection will also be more difficult.
 MrOogam
Msg: 378
Posted: 9/30/2012 7:13:31 PM
Live with what you have & God gave you. Looks like they suit you just fine to me. I am not one that like overly large sized breasts in the first place. I prefer a proportioned woman with soft feminine curves, maybe even on the petite side a bit. Most women with big boobs are in & of themselves big boobs, thinking that their cleavage will get them places... with sugery there is always risk & risk of the augmentaion rupturing ( have know 2 women that have gone through that, not pretty).... dated a woman who had it done twice. The first time she got them too large. Had them reduced a cpl. sizes. She said it hurt like HELL. Because she spent high $$$, said she had it done right, by placing the augmentation under the chest muscle to keep the normal suptle feel & shape. Most augmentations just make the breast look like a big round BOOB,m for lack of a better expression. LOL They loose their shape & esp. upper curvature down to the ariola.
In my humble opinion, not nearly as attractive as the natural shape. Just my humble opinion.
 59thShadeofGrey
Msg: 379
Posted: 9/30/2012 8:09:02 PM

Your statement is not true at all, You're a man, & you don't know what these women were thinking or their reasons for getting the procedure. You can't lump all women into 1 pile & say, all of you have done this for this one & only reason.

OK, give me a reason for augmentation that does not have its root in the desire to appear more sexually attractive.
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 380
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2012 9:54:24 PM

OK, give me a reason for augmentation that does not have its root in the desire to appear more sexually attractive.

We all carry within us a latent image of who we are and what we look like. For some their inner image may radically depart from their phenotype and lead them to extreme surgery to make the exterior comport with the interior: gender reassignment surgery. For some women their mental image does not comport with what they see in the mirror. In their mind a woman should have this size breast or even this shape breast. The divergence of their mental image from the visual can lead to some issues. Is it right? Does it make sense? Well, the mind is a funny thing.

So, if a woman (or man for that matter concerning similar issues) has this problem she had a couple choices: Leave it alone and live with the psychological distraction, engage in talk therapy to deal with the dis-morphism, or change the way she looks so that what she sees compares with what she feels. Which do you think, of the latter two, might have the best chance of long term success. Let's ignore the small percentage of folk who are bent sufficiently that no amount of surgery will effect their outlook. And don't forget that the cost might be equivalent either way.

As a fancier of petite / slim women (my son's mom was a barely 36AA when we met and later married) some women's, and men's, desires for large breasts is a non-issue for me. But I understand it.

TK
[ya know, I've heard the expression, "anything more than a mouthful is a waste," but wouldn't ya think that a small 36AA stretches the limits?]
 sassyass62
Msg: 381
Posted: 10/1/2012 7:38:46 AM
Well bionic women. I do have to make a comment to your question.Not all men are into big breasted women. And some that are , all they see is the breast. Some men talk to the breast, not the person, who owns them. Believe me on this. I am one of them
 stayinalivefl
Msg: 382
Posted: 10/1/2012 10:31:38 AM
If is the biggest word in the dictionary.
If ,,,,,I had joined motley crue I wouldn't be here,,,,lol
 hung4usuckit
Msg: 383
Posted: 10/2/2012 12:24:43 PM
Well as a young male I tell u my opinion. I sleep with a lot of older women 40+ and I personally prefer natural breast regardless of the size. If someone is making u feel like you are inadequate because of your breast size, butt size or anything else then u r probably with the wrong person. Find someone who loves u for who u r and u won’t care about how big ur breast r.
 WeebitRusty
Msg: 384
Posted: 10/2/2012 1:29:44 PM
^^^ Oh the irony, just kind of made me laugh or spit up a bit.

People will do what they want, what they can afford or they can choose to leave well enough alone - it's a "to each their own" and it's none of my business what they do...nor is it their business what I choose to do.

Is it a school holiday - lots of children are out and about.
 ForumsCreeper
Msg: 385
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2012 9:52:46 AM
Its your choice. After kids and age, maybe just to firm em up a bit. I know a lot of women who did that with out adding too much.
 Giggles10000
Msg: 386
Posted: 10/7/2012 4:07:02 PM

Again, nothing wrong with wanting to look sexy. I would like to look more like George Clooney. But the reason is I think it would be cool to have a vagina train 2000 miles long line up outside my door - lol! - not because I think it would make me a better person in any meaningful or non-sexual way.
;-)

Self confidence is a goofy thing--without it the person can never be able to achieve some of their dreams, they withdrawal from life and barely exist. I know of women who had it done and it completely changed every avenue of their life--they felt more beautiful, they dressed differently, they were excited and passionate about living--it wasnt wrong and it worked for them --why would others have an issue with it.
 house_full_of_bullets
Msg: 387
Posted: 10/9/2012 5:13:56 AM

Well as a young male I tell u my opinion. I sleep with a lot of older women 40+ and I personally prefer natural breast regardless of the size. If someone is making u feel like you are inadequate because of your breast size, butt size or anything else then u r probably with the wrong person. Find someone who loves u for who u r and u won’t care about how big ur breast r.

Thank you for this, "hung4usuckit". It's about time my gender had a spokes person like you!
 Giggles10000
Msg: 388
Posted: 10/9/2012 2:14:37 PM

that seems so amazing that a young man would have such respect for women ..but then I read his screenname and cracked the heck up --"hung4usuckit"...that is priceless!

Locally there is a rich older man paying for 20 somethings to have it done--girls are referring each other to him--Im not sure how I feel about it because I dont think a 20 year old girl should get it just cause it is free.
 vanityfair55
Msg: 389
Posted: 10/9/2012 6:30:42 PM
I still don't understand what the big deal is-really
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >