Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 readyfordating
Msg: 83
Differences between Americans and CanadiansPage 10 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Halftimedad,
Many people in our country too are quick to blame the media, but we view the "general" media as being left leaning. I'm not sure under what situations your country's citizens may file a law suit, but in my home state, if i don't approve of a say.......Christmas tree in my local airport, I can file a law suit to sue them to remove it or for civil damages for $100. Now if I want to make a "statement" I'd sue them for say 10 million dollars. SAME FEE! $100. I think our country should impose a 10% law, that is, if you sue for 10 million, the filing fee for that suit should be 10% of the suit........if you lose, you lose the money! It sure would stop all the stupid law suits, but then again, we have more lawyers per capita then any country in the world, so what would "they" do..........I don't care, let them get real jobs.
Now you talk about salaries.......laughing......believe me when i say, I can't relate with even our president's salary, as far as i know it's between 200 and $250,000 , compare that to sport figures, CEOs of large corporations...........it's a joke for the man who leads our country........we KNOW that! Are we happy about it? I'm sure we aren't happy about it, but what have we created being a capitalistic country? How does that boil down in your country?
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 84
Differences between Americans and Canadians
Posted: 3/18/2010 9:24:24 PM
Look at where she's coming from. Apparently she considers her positions to be reasonable.

So it's kind of a given that anybody from any other first world country is going to seem like a wild leftist. It's possible to live in the US and be completely unaware of how that nation achieved greatness because of government interventions, not in spite of them. You'd pretty much have to go to Somalia, or Pakistan to find citizens that hold such radical and extremist positions as part of the mainstream.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >