Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > To show skin or not to show skin      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PrettyPicky
Msg: 26
To show skin or not to show skinPage 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

more of the creepy people to message her

Exactly! Although there are still the occasional creepy messages even when the picture is modest.
 chaztity
Msg: 27
To show skin or not to show skin
Posted: 9/22/2006 10:00:10 PM
Lada, you have beautiful, healthy hair. Never cut it. It's the most beautiful hair I've seen on this site.

On topic:

Oh post whatever pics you want. Not my life. Who cares.
 Designs4u
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/22/2006 10:01:13 PM
Now I think thats a classy way to show off a nice figure Lada
 Lada27
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/22/2006 10:26:18 PM
*blushes*

chaztity: Lada, you have beautiful, healthy hair. Never cut it. It's the most beautiful hair I've seen on this site.

Thanks, Chaz! My intention is to never cut my hair, with the exception of my yearly trim. I like your hair, too... it's very shiny!

Designs4u: Now I think thats a classy way to show off a nice figure Lada

Thanks, Designs! I've had a time trying to explain my "a few extra lbs" since I've taken this photo. LOL! I'm glad it's liked even though I'm fully clothed!
 blondein_tokyo
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/22/2006 10:33:24 PM
Well..... I think if you WANT to show skin, then do it. I don't have any pics on this site (because I am here mostly for the forums) but on my other pages I am wearing the clothes I naturally wear, and that means showing skin. Sure, I get stupid men who mail me and say dumb things like "hey babe, nice tits." But I figure, that helps weed out the jerks and idiots who think if a girl shows some cleavage it means she is interested in fvcking him.

Has worked quite well, in fact.
 ingraceigo35
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/23/2006 2:09:16 AM
Personally, I think if a person has to show their "naked pics" online to get a date, then they have to expect that they will be treated as a piece of meat. Leave something for the imagination, and for behind closed doors. The whole world doesn't need to see it!

ps...you do have wonderful hair! I could only wish to have hair that terrific!
 nursingatheart
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/23/2006 4:55:37 AM
Is that not the whole point of a thread, to see what other people think.....I just wanted to know if some women felt the same way I did. Comprende?
 junipermoon
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2006 5:29:25 AM
people always ask me about the picture on my profile.

it was taken as part of a fund-raising project for a local non-profit organization. i use it as my main picture because it says a lot about me. i think it's fun and a little bit goofy.

since i'm not really looking to date, i don't necessarily worry about someone assuming i'm a ho'. sure, i get the raunchy remarks. that's why we have the 'delete' button.
 nursingatheart
Msg: 34
Posted: 9/23/2006 1:33:11 PM
No, I don't comprende, because if you really wanted to know what others think, you would've performed a thread search on this "done to death" topic and read what others think. Instead, you started a passive aggressive lil thread designed to take stabs at people that do things that "turn you off". You stated it turns you off and wasn't an option for you, so what is there to discuss or debate, since your mind is already made up?

It you don't like the thread, don't participate. Its that simple.
 rainbowfishh
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/23/2006 1:42:10 PM
no skin for me...

but to each their own

Designs4u
Msg: 36
Posted: 9/26/2006 9:33:11 PM
If thats what women meen when they say a few extra pounds I am going to have retrace my footsteps and rethink my thought process thank you
 freedome
Msg: 37
Posted: 9/26/2006 9:49:12 PM
icunow7: You go girl. The older we get the better we get in all ways. I have often said "thank god for aging".
 bubblez0577
Msg: 38
Posted: 9/26/2006 10:50:55 PM
nursing....i do agree with you somewhat..but not...in my opinion to each their own tastes and desires u know...if you dont like what others do then let it be and do as YOU would do....it is you ....regardless..i show skin in mine and i love it...i get shit for it of course but delete is easy to find and push u know....in the end i think u r a beautiful woman......nomatter how you portray urself......or anyone else for that matter....women are beautiful and should do as they wish....like men do alot....men in general (and dont say u dont) but might not be all men but most....view from looks before brain or any thing else that is not seen in front of their eyes first u know....but in the end..ill say again..u r a beautiful women...get em girl....in your way....i wish you the best.....lisa anne

ps.i know yall gonna bash me now....so let me have it...lol
 Designs4u
Msg: 39
Posted: 9/30/2006 4:31:42 PM
If your here merely for the forums why pay attention?
 sunshinew43
Msg: 40
Posted: 9/30/2006 10:39:53 PM
With me, I have 5 tattoos. I tried to wear a low v-neck tank top to show them off because I got tired of men asking me where they were, what they were of. However, its not nude. I have seen some raunch pics on other sites, that made me look conservative (LOL). Hope this helps.
 PassionateIsland
Msg: 41
Posted: 9/30/2006 10:58:40 PM
all i got to say is , Legs , Legs and More legs...

Some ladies that i know Do it to Show there sexy
side as well as other pics to show there more
conservative side. i like it when a woman is not
shy but not all Showing either. it shows confidence
in her self and who she is, seductive but alluring
and sexy but not overly exposing.
i'm sure it attracts some of the wrong type of men,
but that's where your intuition comes in, to weed them out.

It's all a Personal Preference, i think anyway.

IMHO
 GL00
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/1/2006 12:41:08 AM
I did decipher what he said. When I was finished it was very long and more of a response then a translation. so to sume it down. This guy is really narrow minded. And blames women for alot actions men should take responsiblity for.
in response to his, "....and thats how you get the obssesive stalkers who murder woman...specially if they on a dating site" Get the facts. When obssesive stalkers do happen they happen due to control problems. They happen because regardles of what a women wears that person sees them as an object to control. Stop blaming women.

Also his comment "so everyguy that sees that will approach her with just wanting to **** her and thats all...." I dont care what the hell you wear any where you go. Dating site, on the street anywhere there will always be guys who want to just **** you. This sounds man hating, but come on there's always at least one.
 FamousBlue
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/1/2006 1:19:20 AM
I ask that question while I'm on myspace, the women can be very daring! You can be the nicest person but showing a pic. like that isn't giving a good message. I have a great body, the most I'd show is a lil clevage which is normal but my body is for my mans eyes only! Whenever I get on that is lol
 Souvenir
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/4/2006 8:13:19 AM
you want to know what you're getting, or not, in most cases.

nothing wrong with that. you want to have a mental attraction but if the phsyical attraction is not there then you may be looking elsewhere for what does catch your eye.

I've been on both sides of this. it sucks sometimes but that's life.
 POFer4Life
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/4/2006 8:27:03 AM
Let me throw my two cents in - I personally wouldn't post such pictures of myself on my profile, but I have on occasion, posted one or two, that I googled. You wouldn't believe the mail that I got, and I think it just goes to show that men do like sexy women. Right or wrong? I have to admit, I am attracted to someone who is fit, what's wrong with that? A six pack? Yepper, sign me up......!!! We're on this dating site to find someone attracted to us....and to some, that means visually speaking! As I have said in my profiles, I am a visual person, and the physical attraction is what first gets my interest.....but it takes more to keep my attraction to you. There needs to be some sort of intelligent connection as well.

If you are offended by the pictures, do what I say to people who email me saying they don't like my profile, DON'T LOOK AT IT! No one is telling you have to look at them.
 Internetdatingpariah
Msg: 46
Posted: 10/4/2006 8:35:55 AM
Eh...it doesn't bother me as long as it's tasteful. The one thing I don't understand is the people...ok...the women who post a REALLY sexy pic...ie: no top, lots of cleavage or a panty pic and then say they are looking for FRIENDS ONLY or to HANG OUT. I must be dim.
 POFer4Life
Msg: 47
Posted: 10/4/2006 9:26:18 AM
^^^^^^ Or they say no to 'intimate encounter'
 Chakraloard
Msg: 48
Posted: 10/9/2006 6:40:23 PM
A woman may enjoy the attention sexy pics bring her without being a slut for such...

What I find funny is when I go through a profile of a woman with a sexy pic who complains
bout getting tasteless messages...

If you are to put up a sexy pic at the very least be ready to attract some of the perverted
attention that women get on here anyway... They are only words and messages of bad
tastes are easily deleted.

The female body is a beautiful thing and human mind is just as perverted as beauty can
hopefully be kind.
 frapplesnort
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/10/2006 8:56:07 AM
Show as much as you can without violating the site rules. If the men want to turn away, they can.
 Yahh ROO Giddy Up
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/11/2006 1:44:30 AM
I would never promote my body at all
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > To show skin or not to show skin