Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Leigh AKA PL
Msg: 2
view profile
History
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW (head lice) Page 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
oh what ever guys,,,, yes it is awful but hey the norm now aday's,my daughter started full time school on monday this monday yes,now friday and yes i found one omg,was horrified,but she has long long blonde hair and I am not cutting it for anyone,and no nothing to be ashamed of,you can't help it,as soon as your child touches another child (in other words there head) nothing you can do about it,now aday's I am so suprised there is still a stigma about it,until this week never had a problem with it but on the other hand,I knew it was nothing at all a parent could do about it,,,, my daughter's new teacher told us new parents that it was a problem and they have it all the time(perks of the job,she called it lol) nothing to be ashamed off
 DUstine
Msg: 4
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW (head lice)
Posted: 9/22/2006 10:20:05 PM
gawd I feel for you
my kids went through this in elementary school
unfortunately no matter what you do, other parents don't do the same and
they keep getting it back from kids at school - I spent way too much money
on all the behind the counter remedies..finally I stopped buying them all
What we did was use "LOTSA" conditioner and gel (like dippity doo etc) every
morning we had showers and combed conditioner with a fine comb through our
hair while in the shower for as long as we could to comb out the eggs and lice
and used teatrea products. Once out of the shower we used gel in our hair for styling
- that is finally what worked ,the combing of conditioner every morning to comb them out!
. becomes a money pit after the first 2 treatments if other moms don't treat their kids and
alot of them dont believe in treating them!
ps careful at movie theaters now too with the head rest chairs and
swimming pools ...i could go on ... I am so glad we are over it!
 no_1_bby
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2006 12:13:18 PM
K.. I didn't read the whole thread, sorry if this has been mentioned.

You don't really need to wash anything... just toss all bedding, stuffed toys into the dryer for a cycle. The heat will kill everything.

You will have to do this daily, as well as the shampoo treatment on the affected child tho. I think vacuuming daily is a must as well.

Good luck... I cringe myself when I hear there's been a case of lice in either the school or daycare.

Oh... I was always told they liked clean hair too. My kids get theirs washed every other day or every 3 days depending on what time of year it is, and what we have been doing.
 dr.dreadloc
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/6/2006 5:11:57 PM
here is some tips, they work trust me

useing harsh chemicals on little ones is dangerous, it can absorb thru the skin and cause problems for the children if used to many times!

try using half vinigar and half mineral oil, leave on for an hour, then use a lice comb.
the minerial oil and vinigar suffocates them note you can repeat this sevral times until they are gone.

mannaise works too

after treatment wash hair in shampoo with coconut oils/extract, something about the coconut extract, they hate it
 zeekers
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2006 11:52:10 PM
You are right. Lice actually prefer clean hair. After all the washing of eeeverything, try putting a little gel in your child's hair. The lice don't like dirt.
 LubbockMom4Life
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/5/2006 7:16:31 PM
I've found out from personal experince to get a bottle of normal shampoo and then get vinger and mix it into the shampoo and do it that way, it worked for me and my best friend when we were in jr high. Plus the vinger makes the hair shiny. So theres my advice instead of paying a bunch of money for the Ridd and stuff that sometimes really doesn't work. And the best part about the shampoo and vinger you can use it all the time

~*~!Daisy!~*~

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >