Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rainbowfishh
Msg: 199
the ability to read persons eyesPage 7 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
52% of US serial killers are Whites, non-Hispanic and are 52.8% of the US population.

21% of US serial killers are African American and are 15.4 percent of the population.

10% of US serial killers are Hispanic, Asian, American Indian and are 34.3% of the population.

17% of US serial killers are Women and account for 51 percent of the total population.
44% of woman act with a partner, 56% percent act alone and can be just as brutal as any man.

Only one Eskimo has ever been convicted of serial murder.

The point I’m trying to make, here, is that the percentage of serial killers to the population of African Americans levels the playing field when it comes to the possibility of meeting a serial killer. We have to look at serial killers as a population statistic all it’s own. The instances of non-white male serial killers are going to rise dramatically, and are, in fact, already on the rise. So in protecting yourself, do not make assumptions as to who is capable of committing serial crime simply by looking at their race or gender.

Depending on where you live and the density and race of the population, no one can get away with thinking they are safe from a serial killer. Serial killers often kill interracially, but that trend is changing. Between 1960 and 1990 reported serial murders increased by 940 percent.

Written by Jamie Sherfy

cut and pasted.............
*** more about it.
date an eskimo ! ;)

here is more...
there are psychopaths to consider too
***(cut and pasted an article)

Characteristics of the psychopath
Many of the characteristics important for inhibiting anti-social and violent behavior—empathy, close emotional bonds, fear of punishment, guilt—are lacking or seriously deficient in psychopaths. Moreover, their egocentricity, grandiosity, sense of entitlement, impulsiveness, general lack of behavioural inhibitions and need for power and control constitute what might be described as the perfect prescription for asocial, anti-social and criminal acts. This explains why psychopaths find it so easy to victimize the vulnerable and to use intimidation and violence as tools to achieve power and control over others.

In a study conducted in 2000 within Her Majesty’s Prison Service in England, Hare and his associates tracked the re-conviction rate of 268 released inmates over two years. They found that psychopaths were re-convicted for general offences at twice the rate of non-psychopaths. The most startling finding, however, was that psychopaths were re-convicted at nine times the rate for violent offences compared to their non-psychopathic inmates.

The violence of psychopaths is more gratuitous and sadistic than that of other offenders. It is also more instrumental than impulsive, a fact that further reveals the callous and predatory nature of the violence. These factors are significant for crime scene investigators.

Many of the attitudes and behaviours of psychopaths have a predatory quality about them. Psychopaths apparently see others as little more than emotional, physical and financial prey, and they feel justified in their belief that the world is made up of givers and takers and that they are “natural-born takers.” They are skilled at deception, manipulation, stalking and locating their “feeding grounds” and “watering holes.”

The reactions of psychopaths to the damage they have inflicted are more likely to be cool indifference and a sense of power, pleasure or smug satisfaction rather than regret or concern for what they have done. The ease with which psychopaths engage in violence has very real significance for society in general and for law enforcement personnel in particular.

***to note:
some may have nice, soulful eyes too
 petebelongs
Msg: 200
view profile
History
the ability to read persons eyes
Posted: 10/7/2006 7:20:47 AM
I agree with ManeRider, in that you will never see what's coming, in the eyes of those that have underlying agendas. Many of us are upfront with our emotions and feelings and the eyes tell it all, but beware of those that aren't because you'll never see what's coming from them.
 ManeRider
Msg: 201
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2006 7:46:10 AM
^^^ rainbow ^^
I dont' know if you bothered reading anything besides my "inadequate" summation of the statistics of serial killers.
For someone so well versed in psychos, you choose to display a rather "provocative" photo.
With all due respect, it does conjur images of the movie "halloween".
 rainbowfishh
Msg: 202
Posted: 10/7/2006 9:23:44 AM
and how many people have YOU met from online?

I met lots and sometimes could hear the TWIGHTLIGHT ZONE
as the background music.

Many CRAZIES out there, some more dangerious than others...
and the online makes it easy for them to "get out there"....

the topic is reading someones eyes.
Pure horsechit...

read people by their actions... and that is not something you can do
through a computer monitor....
or even initially meeting them.
 ManeRider
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2006 10:03:35 AM

the topic is reading someones eyes.
Pure horsechit

Right, and wrong. We're referring to body language, but even some are capable of providing illusions to those kneejerk responses. There's always an exception to the rule. I do see peoples body language, very well, I might add. Could I spot a serial killer? I'd say most likely not, nor can most professionals. Those guys are the truly elusive types, and pass through detectives hands.

If the thread is about ppl's eyes, why the dissertation on serial killers?
Are you sure you're not painting youself into a corner?
Obsess much? I'm kidding, I'm kidding.
Sry, but there's always such a tainted, dotted line.
I agree, that 1 in 3 ppl you meet suffer mental illness.
Actually, our modern age has provided webcam video chat.
(<<<There is no better way to meet someone than actually "seeing" them.
Gives me a chance to see them and not go simply by whatever pix they post.
Haven't met any from video cam, yet, if that tells you anything.
 JurgenH
Msg: 204
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2006 11:49:24 AM
Was culling some movie quotes for another thread:

Robin (about Lydia Limpet): "Gosh, Batman, those look like honest eyes."
Batman: "Never trust the old chestnut, 'Crooks have beady little eyes'. It's false."
 Blossom65
Msg: 206
Posted: 10/7/2006 4:55:10 PM
Ive got the same ability but instead its when I look at their Penis!! Naughty!
 Orange Juice Blues
Msg: 208
Posted: 10/7/2006 11:27:39 PM
I can blow snot bubbles out of my nose. Can you?
 shag12357
Msg: 209
Posted: 10/8/2006 12:59:59 AM
If you care about the person , care about there feeling, yes you can read there eyes ,i know i can
 wwwwwhatever
Msg: 210
Posted: 10/8/2006 1:22:26 AM

OP: I too am gifted. It's called Women's Intuition

Quite clearly, one woman's gift is another man's curse, lol...
 ManeRider
Msg: 211
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2006 5:44:58 AM
And actually Manerider, the OP IS about reading a person's eyes, body language was a part of it, not the main topic. GO back and reread the Original Post.

Rocky mtn cntrygirl, I've read the post. The eyes are part of body language, so I'm in keeping with the idea of the thread.

Just curious:
Who died and made you camp counselor of the threads? Are you a mod, or just offering up a bit of cynicism/misandry for all to enjoy? it sure seems like you've got ample amounts of it.

I can only imagine what your eyes and body language says. :verymad:
 shag12357
Msg: 212
Posted: 10/8/2006 8:11:32 AM
BOYS AND GIRLS, straighten up ,or i will turn the car around right now
 ManeRider
Msg: 214
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2006 6:44:19 AM
rocky_mountain_cntry_girl

I've been along this thread a while now, and I'm aware of where it morphed into someone doing eye readings from profile photos. This is hardly possible. It was, in fact, game... just ppl playing around. No one could possibly read eyes from a computer monitor. NO one, IMHO could do so, simply by looking in someones eyes. However, scientifically speaking, the eyes are huge indicators of peoples physical being...good health, diet, drug use, etc.

The bash you questioned was in regards to rainbowfish's college thesis/dissertation on serial killers, so if you'd actually read the thread, as you suggested I do, You'd already know that. If you missed it, I'm so sorry. I'm aware it wasn't about body language, but it also wasn't about serial killers. You follow me?

Furthermore, the idea of reading someones eyes, alone, sounds eerily sci-fi and lacking any scientific basis. However, body language has been studied and scientifically researched to derive conclusions in someones actions, including, but not limited to, eye movement, pupil dialation, etc.

Thanks for your input, all the same.
 Indigo Rose
Msg: 215
Posted: 10/9/2006 7:24:09 AM
I can look at a dogs eyes and tell if it's a boy or girl does that count? woof!
Can't say I have ever been attracted to squinty little eyes or a tiny mouth for that matter...Ha!!!
 1mile
Msg: 216
Posted: 10/9/2006 7:29:39 AM
i beleve what your saying i have that same ability also
i can also say what they are thinking before they say it
you now expretions tells alot
how they feel woried sad haapy glad mad
 *buzz*
Msg: 217
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2006 12:27:05 PM
I might notice changes in a person's eyes (i.e. pupils enlarged ) but if I was about to "read" person's eyes ... I would be drowning
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 220
Posted: 10/10/2006 4:24:04 PM
My mother told me my son's sperm donor had mean eyes ~ that was not only true, but his character was plain as day in those eyes. Whether it's body language and eyes or just eyes, I look at the eyes first ~ if there is a hint of something not quite right (lack of eye contact, fluttery eyes that never fixate on any one object for long, etc.) it's probably not going to sit well with me. Eyes can also tell the "alive factor." That is, the energy of a person. If the eyes are bright, alert, interested ~ you can clearly see it. I love eyes ~ they have the ability to seduce with a look, speak a language of their own and they are the link between two people in a crowded room. Nothing better than expressive eyes.
 AngleBoo*DevilWizard:
Msg: 221
Posted: 10/10/2006 5:27:51 PM
hmm....the ability to read someone's eyes....................smile.......yes love it...........very few can really..................the sparkel, the glow, the lost soul, the the excitement, and yes the passion and the desire .........the hurt and the pain when we loose that one we love soo much..........and that is how we really know................by simply looking, seeing and understanding what their heart is really telling us...............look closer next time..........all will appear...............wink............Wizard
 majestichermit
Msg: 222
Posted: 10/11/2006 9:45:24 PM
SOMETIMES you can tell things about a person by their eyes and body language. However, looks can definitely be deceiving. I think judging a person by their actions makes more sense even though alot of people tend to put on an act. Only time can prove if a person's actions are genuine or bullsh*t.
 Zedex
Msg: 224
Posted: 11/24/2006 12:19:36 PM
I can look into anyone's eyes and tell what color they are!
 tman24
Msg: 225
Posted: 12/7/2006 9:32:08 AM
I can dot all my eye's, and cross my T's
 Kramer111
Msg: 227
Posted: 4/30/2007 11:43:58 AM
you can often tell if a person is not feeling well by the look in their eyes or the tone of their voice. No you dont need help look at it as being perceptive and a sign of intelligence.
 inspiringpeace
Msg: 228
Posted: 6/10/2007 8:41:06 PM
I personally belive you can tell alot about a person from what you see in thier eyes. It's not uncommon. Alot of people can do it. Won't say what I can see but I know when I want to get to know someone better and when is a good time to say yea.. no.. you work on those isues first. LOL.
 sweetness_31
Msg: 229
Posted: 6/17/2007 5:50:56 PM
I have a way of reading people's eyes ...once we were out partying on the beach in Kamloops and this guy who was wasted and looked like he hadn't showered or anything in a week actually it was 17 days he told us later...he looked rough and smelled bad and was wrecked anyways he wanted to borrow a smoke and everyone kept saying no, he was starting to get mad and finally I gave him one and he sat down and we talked for like a hour...He had the most gentle eyes ever with a little fear in there...turns out he spent the last 21 days travelling across canada in a train box so he could start his new job in Kamloops..I sensed he was ok so sat and talked for awhile my friends were all freakin at me but I knew better...eyes like that won't lie.
 TheDancingQueen
Msg: 230
Posted: 6/19/2007 2:12:39 PM
People tend to give off a vibe that's either very genuine or not.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >