Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Pennsylvania  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 * Magic Man *
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Is smoking a deal breaker?Page 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
HELLO? ... it's gotten so bad that any POF individual can RESTRICT / BAN a smoker from even so much as dropping them a friendly note!

In a word ... 'apparently'
Is smoking a deal breaker?
Posted: 5/2/2008 9:09:08 PM
It's A No Deal Braker With Me -I stand firm on this !

I'm a none smoker - Yet I will not put down anyone that does this bad habit.
The smell of ciggy smoke makes me deathly ill and I will not kiss nor date a smoker .

Nor do I want his 2nd hand smoke in my face let alone my beautiful healthy lungs., this is my choice and well bars and public places in certain states allows this , I find it hard to go out and do anything cause of the smoking in places.

I will not kiss a human ashtray nor will I clean them it's a nasty habit and well it's not one of mine. If they smoke I sure as heck don't want it around me gum or mouth wash , sprays nothing takes that taste away!

I'M NOT KISSING NOR DATING A SMOKER THAT'S MY CHOICE

Brenny I'm out on this topic
Posted: 5/3/2008 10:16:48 AM
As to my statement about kissing an human ashtry ~ it is not directed to female smokers ~ It's my prorogative that I don't date nor kiss smokers but I don't put anyone down for there bad habit either. When your child was born with lung problems and you've held her while they rattled it's awake up call , her and I both suffer from severe alergies and asphma , seen too many of my family and friends die from some form of Lung Cancer and I'm sorry that you took it personaly for that you have my apoligy but please know this was not directed towards any specific person, it's just my feelings on who I choose to date . Brenny
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2008 11:02:20 AM
i'm gonna get hanged now.....can someone please pass me a cigarette and light it for me first?

okay, for all people that are non smokers, i have nothing against non smokers and will show common courtesy and not smoke in front of them in a restaurant, in their car, or in their home but i can tell you that i will smoke outside and away from the person that i'm with. if you choose not to kiss me because i'm a smoker than that's your choice, if you do then that's your choice as well. i'm not going to force anyone into doing something that they're not interested in just like i wouldn't expect them to force me into quitting smoking.

as for all of the smokers out there.......light up people and puff away before the country takes away our cigarette companies all together. wtf, they're taking everything away from us but still want us to vote for them.....if they keep their bs up i'm going to say to hell with the government and tell them to kiss my a$$ if they want my vote!
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2008 6:40:52 PM
human ashtrays, butt heads (ciggy butts) or any other labels are just that. if they don't like what i do then oh well. i'm not about to change my life and be something that i'm not until i'm good and ready. all i can say is that i do respect non smokers and won't smoke in their homes or cars but when i'm outside and in an open area and want to smoke i will light one up, just not right in front of them, i'll walk away.

ummm, i guess i'm a (ciggy) butt head!
 poepad
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 6:31:49 PM
Yes it is a deal breaker.

Smokers stink, they are unaware of it. Next, they do have ashtray mouth, can't hide it.
Some actually care and don;t smoke in their house or car, most don't. Think about, only 25% of the population smokes. So smokers are limiting themselves to only 25% of the eligle population to date. Summary; They stink, and have ashtray mouth, DEALBREAKER.
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2008 3:16:42 PM
here we go again with the ashtray mouth hmmm, maybe some of those that think smoking is a deal breaker is 420 friendly. i knew people like that.....they were against cigarette smoking but would fire up a joint at the drop of a dime......

i'm not against smoking...hell, i smoke. i'm also 420 friendly just as long as you're smoking a casual joint and not to get stoned or obliviated and no, that doesn't mean that i smoke that.

*walking back to my corner slowly so i don't hear all of the hell*
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 107
view profile
History
A message from a non-smoker to not quite non-smokers
Posted: 2/18/2009 6:34:39 PM
dave, i think they're matching with age and interests....there are some non smokers out there that would tolerate going out with a smoker and smokers out there that would show courtesy around the non smoker by not smoking around them. there are also some people out there that are closet smokers and has "no" in the place for smoking and some of them are even trying to quit. also, if a non smoker wanted to email me because i smoke then i'd still answer it, when i email a non smoker that's only because they don't have the setting on "must not smoke". i think that people that includes must not smoke in their profile and not their setting has it like that to give everyone the option to contact them...smokers or not.
 shorty561
Msg: 109
view profile
History
A message from a non-smoker to not quite non-smokers
Posted: 2/19/2009 9:03:24 PM
Hey Dave, I smoke.......give me a call...lol....I respect people who dont smoke , if I am at their house, I dont smoke. If I go into a place that allows smoking and someone comes in and sits by me and says I wish you wouldnt smoke around me...well guess what,,I was there first so find some place else to site. Or dont come into that place that allows smoking..
 Firewolf65
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2009 9:12:42 PM
Yes smoking is a no go for me. Been there, and it just does not work for me and my sinuses.
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2009 10:54:09 AM
ok, i'm now down to smoking 10 cigarettes a day....not because i'm trying to quit but because of my financial situation. yeah guys, i'm being honest...i don't really have a pot to p*ss in.......hey, i do have my pots and pans here so i can go in them..lol. did anyone know that in some places in nyc they charge around $12.00 for a pack of cigarettes?

again, non-smoking is not and never will be a deal breaker to this smoker....just as long as it's not a deal breaker with me being a smoker.
 shorty561
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2009 8:52:58 PM
Well I can say......at this time...I have quit smoking...its been 1 1/2 months now..I used the Chantix but it helped me..I have been around people that smoke.....and believe it or not,,It doesnt bother me...
 shorty561
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2009 9:12:51 PM
I also quit smoking after many years...But Pisces you are not gross because you smoke..Heck I am around everyone every day that smoke...and its not bothering me. So I am not judging you or anyone else that smokes...I quit because I was ready to...would I date someone that smoked..sure why not..
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2009 4:29:20 PM
geez kel does that mean that i'm gross too? i don't understand why so many people out there judge a person for what they do instead of who they are? wait, what am i saying that for.....it's not good to judge another.....judge and be judged, crucify and be crucified. i know that some people choose not to be like a lot of others only because they don't like it when others hold things against them..............such as smoking.

shorty, that's great that you quit smoking

now, as for the non smokers out there in cyber land.....if you don't wish to date a smoker, just be up front and honest with them. i do have to warn you that you might be passing up the best person that would treasure you with all their heart.
 shorty561
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2009 10:45:21 AM
Dave dont you dare take me off your friends list, just because I quit smoking...I would have to hurt you boy...lol....I did it for me and no one else...and I still have alot of friends that smoke......and it does not bother me.........so please dont you take me off of there...
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2009 9:52:18 PM
I don't know if this has been brought up yet. I certainly didn't read six pages. I'd be coughing, wheezing and have to go take a shower.
This forum has a section (list ) of people who haven't gotten an email in 24 hours or something like that.
Virtually all the ladies are smokers. THAT should tell you something.
 getreadytotravel
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2009 8:58:27 AM
Yes, smoking is a definite deal breaker. Unless you've been living under a rock for the past 30 years, you know that smoking is EXTREMELY unhealthy for you, not to mention expensive and just outright disgusting. A smoker is simply an ashtray that talks. While no one would ever lick a dirty ashtray, that is exactly what they are doing when they French kiss a smoker. EWWW YUCK to smoking.
 Draken107
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2009 4:48:22 AM
I have to agree with Dave and Country girl (even if the posts are old).

People have a lot of rights given to them, and defended for them by the members of the US Military, and God knows that the right to light up and have a means to relax LEGALLY, is one of them.
Yeah...I smoke. I smoke Cigarettes because I am anti-marijuana. Will never smoke that crap.

I also drink Iced Tea. It replaced my alcohol addiction.

If someone is called an addict because they smoke, can we call non-smokers addicts because they breathe air?

Country.Girl is right.... if you dont smoke, and cut someone out that does, you just may be missing the time of your life. 9 out of 10 smokers are more than willing to go outside and choke down a smoke, and then rejoin the fun. Most smokers I know will wait to even get a chance to smoke.

Drake
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2009 1:17:13 PM
thank you drake...

umm, i also drink hot tea or home brewed sweet tea instead of getting drunk...i'm not saying that i am a drunk, just prefer not to drink on a daily basis...only on occasions.

we can't call non-smokers addicts because they like to breath air....we all like to breath it's just that some would rather complain more about the air quality that includes nicotine instead of complaining about the air quality caused by the pollutants from the car/bus/truck exhaust, or maybe the chemicals being released into the air from some of the chemical refineries?

i don't cut out anyone's chances of meeting but they sure do cut me out. i'm not a bad person because i smoke and neither are a hell of a lot of other people bad.
 Draken107
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2009 5:37:45 AM
See Country Girl?? You take all the fun out of things...lol.....

While smoking is a choice, we all have our habits. Not all of us smokers are bad people. I believe I had said that I will go and find somewhere not near my date and smoke.

There is this nifty thing too on everyone's profile. If it says "smoke", the easy thing is to click on the next profile, instead of meeting them in person, and going "OMG !! A NASTY EVIL SMOKER!"
 hottubguy
Msg: 131
Posted: 4/24/2011 8:28:33 AM
Total Deal Breaker. I don't judge, I mean seriously...go smoke all you want, but I do have two preferences 1) that you not smoke if we are going to date and 2) that you not lie about it on your profile.
 JudyOJudyO
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2011 6:09:46 PM
Yes, a deal breaker. Smoking is not just an event, it's a life style. One of the last things you do at night, and your first thought upon rising. You can't sit through a whole movie, often excusing yourself from conversations to go smoke and heading out right after meals. Expecting others to wait for you before entering resturants or vehicles. Your clothes and possessions smell, and kissing a smoker is just repulsive. Road trips are miserable. Now, let's get to the health issues.......
So, if the profile says 'No smokers', you shouldn't take it lightly.....no matter how clean you think you are.
Sincerely,
 IndyLee
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2011 8:42:02 AM
I'm a non-smoking woman and put it on my profile non-smokers only. Health wise I can't handle being expose to it for long. My family smokes and I tell them if they want me to see them and they smoke inside I prefer to talk to them on their porch.......I was attracted to an interesting profile today but the man still smokes (trying to stop). As tempted as I was to respond to him, I know how addictive smoking is (my brother has asthma, emphasema, heart issues), so I thought CRAP, it's a shame because I was attracted to this guy but I can't be exposed to a smoking partner. I wish you the best to quit smoking!
 YayForBeer
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2011 8:00:42 AM
I smoked for 15 years, but I smoke an E-Cigarette now. I have maybe 3 to 5 actual cigarettes a week, usually if I get stressed out. However, if I'm at a bar that allows smoking, I can cut through a pack of menthols pretty hardcore.

But any other time (car, work, home, restaurant, family) I use my E-Cig. It's probably saved me about $150-$200 a month for the past year and a half.. not to mention I feel better, and don't stink of smoke.

As far as it being a deal breaker, I don't mind a date who smokes. In fact, I prefer it. But I wouldn't want them to smoke in my apartment, and prefer not in my car, but whatever.

I could never be a heavy smoker again, and ideally, would prefer a woman who smokes only when drinking, or very rarely otherwise.

However I am a vocal proponent of smoking being allowed in bars. You're coming into a bar to eat greasy food, and tear your liver apart with booze, and you have the nerve to complain about my smoking affecting your "health?" Get over yourself, and rest assured, I will do my best to make sure it blows your way.

robin-hood
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2011 3:22:42 PM
No benefits to smoking, and its always a deal breaker for me. Almost all smokers are litter bugs, and many have started major fires that way.

1) It can get you killed on patrol in the military.

2) Most smokers end up at 1 to 2 packs a day. Cost per year minimum at todays prices 5.00 to 7.00 pack or $1825 to $5000 per year in Pennsylvania depending on your addiction.

3) Smokers feel they have an absolute right to discard their butts anywhere.

4) Smokers who accidentally burn your carpet or car seats think it no big deal, just a part of life. Very few ever pay to have it repaired. Of course thats after you asked them not to smoke in your car or home.

5) They will brave ice, snow or 30 mile drive in the middle of the night to get that pack of cigarettes should they get the urge.

6) Most smokers cant perform everyday tasks without smoking, or in many cases carry on a conversation without one.

7) Definition of occasional smoker is a minimum of 1/3 pack a day.

------------------------------------
I just listed a few funnies that many times are true. I was 1 of 5 who never smoked. My brother who is 12-yrs younger finally quit after his doctor explained his options. But he never took my advice. In fact he was highly insulted when I told him if he visited that smoking would be outside, and using a butt can.
Show ALL Forums  > Pennsylvania  >