Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Pennsylvania  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JudyOJudyO
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Is smoking a deal breaker?Page 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Yes, a deal breaker. Smoking is not just an event, it's a life style. One of the last things you do at night, and your first thought upon rising. You can't sit through a whole movie, often excusing yourself from conversations to go smoke and heading out right after meals. Expecting others to wait for you before entering resturants or vehicles. Your clothes and possessions smell, and kissing a smoker is just repulsive. Road trips are miserable. Now, let's get to the health issues.......
So, if the profile says 'No smokers', you shouldn't take it lightly.....no matter how clean you think you are.
Sincerely,
 IndyLee
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Is smoking a deal breaker?
Posted: 10/2/2011 8:42:02 AM
I'm a non-smoking woman and put it on my profile non-smokers only. Health wise I can't handle being expose to it for long. My family smokes and I tell them if they want me to see them and they smoke inside I prefer to talk to them on their porch.......I was attracted to an interesting profile today but the man still smokes (trying to stop). As tempted as I was to respond to him, I know how addictive smoking is (my brother has asthma, emphasema, heart issues), so I thought CRAP, it's a shame because I was attracted to this guy but I can't be exposed to a smoking partner. I wish you the best to quit smoking!
 YayForBeer
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2011 8:00:42 AM
I smoked for 15 years, but I smoke an E-Cigarette now. I have maybe 3 to 5 actual cigarettes a week, usually if I get stressed out. However, if I'm at a bar that allows smoking, I can cut through a pack of menthols pretty hardcore.

But any other time (car, work, home, restaurant, family) I use my E-Cig. It's probably saved me about $150-$200 a month for the past year and a half.. not to mention I feel better, and don't stink of smoke.

As far as it being a deal breaker, I don't mind a date who smokes. In fact, I prefer it. But I wouldn't want them to smoke in my apartment, and prefer not in my car, but whatever.

I could never be a heavy smoker again, and ideally, would prefer a woman who smokes only when drinking, or very rarely otherwise.

However I am a vocal proponent of smoking being allowed in bars. You're coming into a bar to eat greasy food, and tear your liver apart with booze, and you have the nerve to complain about my smoking affecting your "health?" Get over yourself, and rest assured, I will do my best to make sure it blows your way.

robin-hood
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2011 3:22:42 PM
No benefits to smoking, and its always a deal breaker for me. Almost all smokers are litter bugs, and many have started major fires that way.

1) It can get you killed on patrol in the military.

2) Most smokers end up at 1 to 2 packs a day. Cost per year minimum at todays prices 5.00 to 7.00 pack or $1825 to $5000 per year in Pennsylvania depending on your addiction.

3) Smokers feel they have an absolute right to discard their butts anywhere.

4) Smokers who accidentally burn your carpet or car seats think it no big deal, just a part of life. Very few ever pay to have it repaired. Of course thats after you asked them not to smoke in your car or home.

5) They will brave ice, snow or 30 mile drive in the middle of the night to get that pack of cigarettes should they get the urge.

6) Most smokers cant perform everyday tasks without smoking, or in many cases carry on a conversation without one.

7) Definition of occasional smoker is a minimum of 1/3 pack a day.

------------------------------------
I just listed a few funnies that many times are true. I was 1 of 5 who never smoked. My brother who is 12-yrs younger finally quit after his doctor explained his options. But he never took my advice. In fact he was highly insulted when I told him if he visited that smoking would be outside, and using a butt can.
Show ALL Forums  > Pennsylvania  >