Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Con Ten Ted
Msg: 178
Do you remember....Page 10 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
..... and how do you know I'm not just reading these out of an old "TV week" or something qldblue ????
 qldblue
Msg: 179
Do you remember....
Posted: 3/8/2010 4:20:30 AM
Because I have that old TV week but then again I suppose you could have googled this info, damn I must be older then as I haven't thought of that yet
 Con Ten Ted
Msg: 180
Do you remember....
Posted: 3/8/2010 4:22:50 AM
Ok, Ok .... dont cry. How about Greenbottle or biggles and the black raider ..... on the RADIO !!!! Are you THAT old ?????
 qldblue
Msg: 181
Do you remember....
Posted: 3/8/2010 4:33:51 AM
sssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, and then there was the other radio plays, some were still going into the eighties in some areas.

When I visited my family in WA at xmas time, my eldest sister tuned her car radio to a station that was re running some of the old radio plays.

Apparantly this radio station started the broadcasting of the radio plays as a fill in and now the major percentage of listeners are in the X and Y generation, who would have figured that with modern technology something really old is appealing to our younger generation
 Con Ten Ted
Msg: 182
Do you remember....
Posted: 3/8/2010 4:46:06 AM
In the mid '70's, I was in Rockhampton QLD on an exercise and the local station played the whole original series of "Dad and Dave" radio plays ..... That was the second time that I had heard it ..... ( 1st time was in the late '50's and I was a little boy !!).

Once, during an intense moment listening to an episode of Biggles, my brother was laying on the floor listening and getting carried away chewing on the radio's power cable ...... luckily, when he bit through it the fuse blew and he only got a minor jolt ....... made us miss out on the rest of the episode too !!
 qldblue
Msg: 183
Do you remember....
Posted: 3/8/2010 5:10:31 AM
I was in Wodonga in 1981/82 and they were playing Biggles on the radio and in 1976 they were broadcasting a play about bushrangers.

Unfortunately I was never in Wodonga to hear the end of the radio plays
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  >