Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Little Miss 51
Msg: 91
It's Not Over at 45Page 2 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I am more content and happy at this point. I know nothing is over at 45! I passed that number a few years back and it didn't stop anything. It gave room for me to do more things that I have never done! I have learn that I could do anything I wanted with my life, being wild or conservative. I have the experience in my later life to really enjoy IT to the fullest!

I have surprised a lot of my friends, I can out dance them and I have more energy than they do! Age is a number and you are as old as YOU allow YOURSELF to be! I will never be old! Since there is no number for OLD anymore!

Actually the older you get the better IT gets!
 rightshoe4u
Msg: 94
view profile
History
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 4/14/2007 8:13:49 AM
So true Realist59 When we mature enough to know that the road to anywhere is wide open with endless possibilities, we find that it is a beautifully senic view!
 moraima
Msg: 97
view profile
History
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 4/16/2007 7:26:52 AM
Life won't be much fun if you give up on life just because you don't have an s/0.
Get out their and enjoy.
 Fanny
Msg: 104
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 4/21/2007 6:28:21 PM
"Once you're over the hill, you start picking up speed"

I gotta tell you, somehow the baggage I've picked up over the years has made my journey a lot lighter! I'm less likely to make the same mistakes I've made in the past, less likely to waste my time on that road that leads absolutely nowhere, and having a lot more fun along the way. Forget about needing new spectacles... I have a much clearer vision of what's important to me and what makes me happy. And frankly, the whole sex and romance thing can wait until I meet someone who's not going to turn me into a pack mule for their baggage. Only men with positive, healthy outlooks need apply....
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 109
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 4/23/2007 2:32:52 PM
I have a new HERO "knittin kitten"

Now that is a wonderful attitude I can admire and look up to. I love the "put the baggage on the shelf until needed" that is so true, we can't just throw away our baggage, that old baggage is what made us who we are today. Some people use it in the wrong way and are dragged down by it.. others like most on here have taken that baggage.. learned from it... and moved on. But sometimes we do need to pull it off that shelf to remind ourselves why we don't do certain things anymore, why we don't hang around certain people and why we have the standards we have today. Sometimes we have to remember some of those hard knocks to being us back to our sanity about things going on in our lives.

No.. life is not over unless you want it to be. I hope to keep living and learning!!!
 tennisluvr
Msg: 110
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 4/23/2007 7:15:36 PM
You know, there isn't anything that I did before 45 that I can't do at 60. It may take a bit longer, I will probably enjoy it a bit more along with savoring the opportunity.

On top of that, there are things I can do now that I couldn't get away with prior to 45.

When I look in the mirror, I am still that goofy college student.

Enjoy, Enjoy Enjoy.

Ken
 c_deacon
Msg: 111
view profile
History
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 4/24/2007 11:01:59 AM
LMAO.........

Til the fat lady sings??????? LOL........ That is half the problem here with so many thinking it may be over when you reach 40, 50, 60, etc..........tooooo many fat people that can do little else but sing and eat......lol.......

Age should mature us, not defeat us at all, and just because you may be a year older, does not mean that you have to give up respecting your body and mind enough to maintain it the proper way, eat healthy, work out, stay thinner, and enjoy life as we should.

I prefer to share my life with those that are my age or at least closer to my age, but I have no problems sharing it with another who, looks good, acts mature, and stays healthy.......no matter the age........

Just my opinion.........
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 112
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 4/25/2007 6:27:02 AM
^^^ that opinion was actually pretty RUDE. If people are overweight and you think you are above them so much, it would be a good idea to just keep that to yourself it makes you look very shallow. That is your choice to think that way about people but sometimes it's better to "not say anything".... silence often makes you look like a much better person than you really are. People who make comments about other people being ugly or overweight, does it make them feel better about themselves to cut others down? You would think with AGE comes some respect for others feelings.

I paint little signs.. I will now make one that say.. "When you get over the hill.. you just pick up speed" I love it!!! I am doing way more with my life now at 48 than I ever did at 28. I have always been active only now it seems I have earned the right to do more and even get away with more. Well, except those dang speeding tickets.. grrr... at 28 I could get away with them better.. hmmm.. ok being younger sometimes has a few advantages I guess.
 MacKevinized
Msg: 114
view profile
History
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 4/25/2007 8:14:21 AM

I've been jabberin' on these forums for a year now, for what it's worth. And, one of the things I say over and over again and a motto I live by is (and people are probably tired of hearing this)............
You attract what your ATTITUDE suggests
Be positive....attract positive.
Be negative....attract negative.
Be wise....attract wisdom.
Be stupid...attract stooopid

How do you explain no attraction then?

Be nothing.... attract nothing
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 115
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 4/25/2007 8:46:29 AM
^^^ ouch!!!

NObody is nothing!!! You are what you want to be. I see on POF all the time that people say they do not get any emails, responses and they feel something is wrong. Like I tell people, you gotta kiss alot of frogs to find your prince (princess) so just keep kissing. There is someone for everyone. I will disagree on one thing, the negative attracting the negative. I'm a very positive, happy go lucky person and I've managed to attract some pretty negative people. I think sometimes the people who sit around and wollow in themselves and feel sorry about who they are see people who enjoy life and want to grab their shirt tails and go be happy too.

I'm the type person I always try to help people, until I see they do not want to help themselves. Some people have a way of bringing everyone around them down to their self pity level. I will give a person a chance to come out of it, I'll even try to help them but It's takend too many years of being down on myself to let others bring me down. I will be honest with a person, I will tell them to get off their azz and stop feeling sorry for themselves, there is ALWAYS someone who has it worse than they do. Some people I think just want to be pitiful and unhappy. Those people are the types that I will eventually get away from. It doesnt' matter if they are fat.. skinny... smart... rich or poor, sometimes people just can't help it and won't do anything about it to get better about themselves. I have moved on with my life, that just happens to be one of the many lessons I've learned in life. Sometimes you have to move on from certain people that have a negative affect on you and your life...

WOW... where did I get off on all that??? I need to go outside and do some manual labor.. then I'm going to take my big black gelding out for a ride.
 MacKevinized
Msg: 119
view profile
History
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 4/26/2007 6:56:41 AM
How do you explain no attraction then?

I guess I need to explain that the mark on the end of the above statement means that it is a question. I simply chose to expound on the type of logic presented and this unanswered question showed me the flaw in logic.

Of course no one is is worth nothing but it seems the logic of attraction presented could lead to feeling bad because the truth is the op has complained about a lack of attraction towards her. This simple logic's answer to why attract nothing is obvious to me and I stated it.
I think the logic is flawed and pointed out an extreme example of why.

It's a rough question for some one to answer, why is no one attracted to them. It's typical that the person asking it will not like any real answers as it means they have to admit a flaw in themselves . It's easier to attack the source instead of answer the question.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 121
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 4/26/2007 5:49:26 PM
Not sure who you are talking about ^^^ because I get attention, I'm not forum troll and I'm certainly not bitter or angry. So you were saying what exactly? That everyone who comes to a dating sight has no love interest or can't accept it when they get it? I have gotten plenty of chance to meet men, but I have decided not to persue anyone at the moment, most men on here are liars and try to be what they think you want them to be. I just want someone to be honest with who they are, I do not expect someone to do everything I like doing. At 45+ I can be picky... I'm not here for dinner dates.
 Mary246
Msg: 132
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 4/29/2007 10:52:09 AM
I'm an under 45 dating someone over 45 who sometimes thinks it's over (or just about). I don't see him that way and I can't understand why/how he does.

Yes you can have "It"...sex, romance and a new passion for life...sowhen you find someone to share it with DON'T SECOND-GUESS YOURSELF.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 135
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 4/30/2007 4:14:55 PM

I'm sick of this weird-ass, ignorant bullshit with women.
It's just annoying.
I never get great sex out it, it costs me money, there's just no real satisfaction in it.

That's funny.. I was thinking the SAME THING about some men!!!
 Gaddflye
Msg: 142
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 12/3/2008 2:03:51 PM
I think we can OP if we let go of grudges, attributing characteristics of an old partner to a new partner, being angry about the past and start looking to the future. Each day can be a new start is some way, a new adventure!
 safn1949
Msg: 144
view profile
History
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 12/5/2008 4:30:17 PM
Over at 45? Oh hell no,I am 53 and in 2010 I hope to embark on a hiking trip that will be the hardest thing,mentally and physically that I have ever tried to do.

I will be 54 1/2 when I leave. And if I make it, it will take 7 months. The point being get up and get going, you never know what's right around the corner.
 xvermonter
Msg: 145
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 12/5/2008 6:35:23 PM
I've had more fun since age 45 than I have in my whole life!
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 153
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 12/6/2008 12:17:42 PM
...Not even close....my only problem...my mind thinks I can still do all the stuff I did 20 years ago but my body say's "hold on there girl, you're gonna pay for this in the morning."

I took far too many things for granted when I was younger, now I wanted to enjoy each day to its' fullest.....tomorrow I head off to Vegas with a girlfiend and I'm told, "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas"...
Hmmm.... since I'm sharing a room....better make sure we have the *Do Not Disturb* signals all worked out haha

...maeflowers
 katebabyface
Msg: 156
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 12/6/2008 2:13:42 PM
I like your attitude. I am not yet 45, but I noticed by my later 30s that I wasn't dating as much. Not because I wasn't interested in men anymore, but more because fewer men sparked my interest. I think it has to do with knowing more what you want with each passing year. Since I am clearer on what I want in a relationship now, I choose not to waste others' or my time [and money], by going on dates with people who don't really "fit" my ideal. Is that healthy? I think it is. But - then the problem is that you get out less - and maybe, just maybe, one of those men who don't "fit" my ideal initially, could be the best "fit" for me. Don't know? Others thoughts on becoming more picky as we age? I definitely don't think it's over by our 40s - but do our more discriminatory actions make it harder to find the right person, or easier?

Others thoughts?

Kate
 safn1949
Msg: 157
view profile
History
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 12/6/2008 3:46:48 PM

what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas

Doggone it I forgot about that,so no photos of you in your slinky dinner dress I suppose.
 KAT4EVR
Msg: 160
view profile
History
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 6/13/2011 4:05:05 PM
NOTHING ends at 45, nothing. We women are looking at knowing what we want, having jobs and income that is comfortable, our kids are gone or almost gone from the house and we are able to go out when we want and with whom we want. I love it.
My younger daughter felt bad for me for a while until I told her that I am 1. not lonely 2. not desperate 3. not depressed 4. loving my ability to come and go as I please 5. riding my bike wherever and whenever the mood hits me 6. able to date much younger men and loving it 7. not in a hurry to be in a serious relationship
Yep, I am single, female, homeowner, motorcycle riding, beautiful and nice to know. Yep, I have it all.
I do want to share rides with a man but, hey, I have ridden hundreds of miles by myself and had a blast. I do not sit at home unless I really want to sit there.
So, rock on ladies in your later 40's rock on!!!!
 TryAgan
Msg: 161
view profile
History
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 6/15/2011 2:59:00 AM
It's not over until it's over.
 monifah22us
Msg: 163
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 6/19/2011 5:43:15 PM
Everything does get better @ 45 and you will also want to deal less with mess, regardless of the package that it comes in...However, what you are going to realize (if you haven't already) is that people tend to want to play the GAME more often than not! So, take care of you and be patient enough with yourself not to rush into anything that will not benefit you in the long run...Happy Trails...
 monifah22us
Msg: 164
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 6/19/2011 5:47:37 PM
Now you are talking my game....I like your style and many of the women could learn a thing a two from this thread of information....I totally agree with all of your 7 thoughts...especially # 6...with no expectations or reservations...
 Cinnaberry1230
Msg: 166
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 6/28/2011 5:34:57 PM
I don;t know about you all. But, life has gotten worse for me. Divorced 2 years ( he is already remarried) separated 4 1/2. I haven't found one person I connect with.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >