Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 135
It's Not Over at 45Page 5 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

I'm sick of this weird-ass, ignorant bullshit with women.
It's just annoying.
I never get great sex out it, it costs me money, there's just no real satisfaction in it.

That's funny.. I was thinking the SAME THING about some men!!!
 Gaddflye
Msg: 142
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 12/3/2008 2:03:51 PM
I think we can OP if we let go of grudges, attributing characteristics of an old partner to a new partner, being angry about the past and start looking to the future. Each day can be a new start is some way, a new adventure!
 safn1949
Msg: 144
view profile
History
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 12/5/2008 4:30:17 PM
Over at 45? Oh hell no,I am 53 and in 2010 I hope to embark on a hiking trip that will be the hardest thing,mentally and physically that I have ever tried to do.

I will be 54 1/2 when I leave. And if I make it, it will take 7 months. The point being get up and get going, you never know what's right around the corner.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 153
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 12/6/2008 12:17:42 PM
...Not even close....my only problem...my mind thinks I can still do all the stuff I did 20 years ago but my body say's "hold on there girl, you're gonna pay for this in the morning."

I took far too many things for granted when I was younger, now I wanted to enjoy each day to its' fullest.....tomorrow I head off to Vegas with a girlfiend and I'm told, "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas"...
Hmmm.... since I'm sharing a room....better make sure we have the *Do Not Disturb* signals all worked out haha

...maeflowers
 safn1949
Msg: 157
view profile
History
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 12/6/2008 3:46:48 PM

what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas

Doggone it I forgot about that,so no photos of you in your slinky dinner dress I suppose.
 KAT4EVR
Msg: 160
view profile
History
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 6/13/2011 4:05:05 PM
NOTHING ends at 45, nothing. We women are looking at knowing what we want, having jobs and income that is comfortable, our kids are gone or almost gone from the house and we are able to go out when we want and with whom we want. I love it.
My younger daughter felt bad for me for a while until I told her that I am 1. not lonely 2. not desperate 3. not depressed 4. loving my ability to come and go as I please 5. riding my bike wherever and whenever the mood hits me 6. able to date much younger men and loving it 7. not in a hurry to be in a serious relationship
Yep, I am single, female, homeowner, motorcycle riding, beautiful and nice to know. Yep, I have it all.
I do want to share rides with a man but, hey, I have ridden hundreds of miles by myself and had a blast. I do not sit at home unless I really want to sit there.
So, rock on ladies in your later 40's rock on!!!!
 TryAgan
Msg: 161
view profile
History
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 6/15/2011 2:59:00 AM
It's not over until it's over.
 monifah22us
Msg: 163
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 6/19/2011 5:43:15 PM
Everything does get better @ 45 and you will also want to deal less with mess, regardless of the package that it comes in...However, what you are going to realize (if you haven't already) is that people tend to want to play the GAME more often than not! So, take care of you and be patient enough with yourself not to rush into anything that will not benefit you in the long run...Happy Trails...
 monifah22us
Msg: 164
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 6/19/2011 5:47:37 PM
Now you are talking my game....I like your style and many of the women could learn a thing a two from this thread of information....I totally agree with all of your 7 thoughts...especially # 6...with no expectations or reservations...
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 167
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 6/28/2011 6:17:18 PM

I don;t know about you all. But, life has gotten worse for me. Divorced 2 years ( he is already remarried) separated 4 1/2. I haven't found one person I connect with.

^^^^ I'm sorry to read that. I will admit, however, that my life was sort of like what you type here. My ex was living with someone else the day I made him move out and over 10 years, I had one emotionally significant relationship at the 5 year mark and one 90 day trial thingie about 3 years after. I just didn't connect well with those I met. BUT ~ if you wait and if you KNOW what you want, it will happen. Had I not been happy living my life without those "connections" I'd likely have settled for being with someone who wasn't quite right for me and I'd have missed my current SO finding me. What a tragedy that would have been. Just enjoy living and live BIG ~ having someone special ADDS to your life, but it doesn't define how your life is or is lived, only you can do that. Best of luck to you.
 KAT4EVR
Msg: 168
view profile
History
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 6/29/2011 6:35:15 PM
Just relax and enjoy yourself. Learn something new, a new hobby or volunteer at some event. You will meet new people. You look like a nice person, let it shine through and don't sweat the small stuff.
I got pickier over the years, I will not settle for just anyone. I work hard for my pay and have my own home, a new truck and my motorcycle. I also have a small circle of friends and love my work. I meet men a lot but they do not fit what I want now. I am still looking but not anxiously doing it. Good luck and relax and enjoy yourself.

c_deacon
Msg: 170
view profile
History
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 6/30/2011 9:30:15 AM
Funny how this works......when you are not looking for anything......they all show up!! And when you are in need and constantly searching.......the well is very dry!!.......

I am better than ever, even if somewhat slower, and I can also enjoy the fruits of my investments, experience, and understanding of how it all works for me!!......

OT......I have been with women in their late 20's and early 30's that were already old thinking and acting, as well as sexually inhibited, and then I have been with women in their 40's and 50's that could knock your socks off in many many ways......

Living life and enjoy sex is all in the eye of the beholder, and how they have processed all of this long term, and how much they are happy with themselves!

cd..........
 dd3va
Msg: 173
view profile
History
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 7/9/2011 8:07:14 PM
The first half may be over, but the second half has only just begun for me!
 SunnyBlueSkies23
Msg: 178
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 8/16/2011 6:48:01 PM
"Many life experiances await me,I'm sure...." I HAVE to admit....I LOVE that uplifting statement! I've heard it said,time and again,how"50 is the NEW 60!" (The first time I EVER heard it I thought"Exactly WHAT does that mean???") Well,if that's true,then I say "45 is the NEW 35!" I don't believe once you hit a "certain age'"you stop evolving,dreaming,,or becoming a better version of yourself. I have a friend who.upon turning 45, was despondant."I'm over the hill! she called me up,crying." Now,I'll never be able to go back to college,or write that play,or......" and I said "Um,excuse me? I'm a YEAR older.........WHEN did you pass me on "the hill?? I haven't even FOUND it,yet!!!!" She responded,dumbfounded, with "Wha.......huh??" "You just said you're too old to follow your dreams...." I reminded her gently. We both burst out laughing seeing how insane that whole conversation was. Personally,I believe the ONLY time you're ever "too old" for ANYTHING, is when you believe you are. It's NOT over at 45....or ANY age,for that matter! You're as young as you feel. My beloved Grandparents (Nana & Gran'pa,my Mom's parents) were still very active,into their late 80's and 90's....... they were still driving, delivering Meals on Wheels in Woodstock! My Dad's Mom ( my beloved Grammy) still drove AND bowled at 84! (THEY never found that elusive "hill",either!) Age is just a state of mind...nothing more,or less. Each day is a brand-new chance to make your dreams a reality. Go on.Go for it. You CAN do it! Don't let anybody tell you otherwise. We believe in you! Remember,"Life is not about the breaths we take,but the moments that take our breath away" We CAN (and should) have "those moments all the time,and at every age.
 SunnyBlueSkies23
Msg: 179
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 8/16/2011 6:48:13 PM
"Many life experiances await me,I'm sure...." I HAVE to admit....I LOVE that uplifting statement! I've heard it said,time and again,how"50 is the NEW 60!" (The first time I EVER heard it I thought"Exactly WHAT does that mean???") Well,if that's true,then I say "45 is the NEW 35!" I don't believe once you hit a "certain age'"you stop evolving,dreaming,,or becoming a better version of yourself. I have a friend who.upon turning 45, was despondant."I'm over the hill! she called me up,crying." Now,I'll never be able to go back to college,or write that play,or......" and I said "Um,excuse me? I'm a YEAR older.........WHEN did you pass me on "the hill?? I haven't even FOUND it,yet!!!!" She responded,dumbfounded, with "Wha.......huh??" "You just said you're too old to follow your dreams...." I reminded her gently. We both burst out laughing seeing how insane that whole conversation was. Personally,I believe the ONLY time you're ever "too old" for ANYTHING, is when you believe you are. It's NOT over at 45....or ANY age,for that matter! You're as young as you feel. My beloved Grandparents (Nana & Gran'pa,my Mom's parents) were still very active,into their late 80's and 90's....... they were still driving, delivering Meals on Wheels in Woodstock! My Dad's Mom ( my beloved Grammy) still drove AND bowled at 84! (THEY never found that elusive "hill",either!) Age is just a state of mind...nothing more,or less. Each day is a brand-new chance to make your dreams a reality. Go on.Go for it. You CAN do it! Don't let anybody tell you otherwise. We believe in you! Remember,"Life is not about the breaths we take,but the moments that take our breath away" We CAN (and should) have "those moments all the time,and at every age.
 OpalescentCloud
Msg: 181
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 8/18/2011 10:54:37 PM
Very well said, thanks for not being a downer!
 realmofthought
Msg: 185
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 6/14/2012 3:48:15 PM
Wow...I hope the hell not! 54 and starting anew and have been giving myself pep talks about my re-entry into the dating world.
 circlewalk
Msg: 186
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 7/27/2012 2:19:20 PM
t its me reese..hit me up..if u get this
 Thornz2000
Msg: 188
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 7/27/2012 6:46:19 PM
It was over about age 32ish

MSG 177- "swirling abyss" you mean the toilet right?
 Wonder5750
Msg: 189
view profile
History
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 7/27/2012 6:59:32 PM
every time of life has its ups... and its downs. But I have to say, life is what you make it. I love being over 54, and I will love 55 and the rest too! The world is full of new and wonderous things, if you just open your door and step into it all. Keep your chin up, look forward to simple things, learn lessons, and give all you can. we are all just here helping each other home. :)
 1388SmartBlonde
Msg: 191
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 7/27/2012 9:22:23 PM

is there hope for us now? Now, that we can have what we want from life when we are over 45? Can we have the "It"....sex, romance and a new passion for life, even though life might have handed us some crap?
Muskoka

Yes!! There is not only hope of it, there is the reality of it. I got my degree in my 40's...have travelled to places and done the sort of things I would never have dreamed of doing when I was married. I have also had more romance, sex and love than I ever had as a married person...and WITHOUT compromising my values and morals. As long as you see every "mistake" as a lesson and every "challenge" as an adventure, you will find your strength, happiness and passion for life. And if life hands you cr*p, use it to fertilize your garden and grow, grow, GROW! =))
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 193
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 7/27/2012 11:07:12 PM
disclaimer: this is not a pity post its just how i see it and my opinion, at 45 im newly divorced ( final next month) after being left from my wife of 17 years at first i was devastated, but now getting used to the single life so i come on pof to try to find a nice woman, im not a bar guy or dance guy so internet dating seems all the rage now, well 9 months later- not 1 date, 200 plus messages, probably close to 250 now, only a few responses, been blown off for 2 coffeee dates, ive had women in messages call me ugly, undateable, broke, a troll, a looser ect ect ect. which made my lack of self confidence even worse. but being 45 makes it even tougher to find a woman. 99% are divorced and only want a guy with a lot of money. same women also want a guy who looks like a model, its impossible to get a down to earth girl whos funny and no drama and doesnt care if a guy doesnt have a lot of money, just the wrong age for me, im now convinced ill be alone forever. just wish i was 10 yrs younger. again please dont attack me, thats all i get on here this is just how i feel, might sound wrong but its the way i feel, instead of attacking how about ideas to get me out of this funk, thanks as always. nhra1966

...*Big sigh* Please, please, please SOMEBODY, ANYBODY....send this guy a nice e-mail.

Someone sent this to me....I think it's appropriate to this threas and bears repeating...

As we grow up we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down, probably will.
You will probably have your heart broken more than once and its harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken.
You'll fight with your best friend, you'll blame a new love for things that an old one did
You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love
So take too many pictures, laugh too much and love like you've never been hurt, because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back.

Don't be afraid your life will end..... be afraid that it will never begin......

anonymous

...mae
 JAXDiver
Msg: 194
view profile
History
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 7/28/2012 8:05:59 AM

Someone sent this to me....I think it's appropriate to this threa[d] and bears repeating...

As we grow up we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down, probably will.
You will probably have your heart broken more than once and its harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken.
You'll fight with your best friend, you'll blame a new love for things that an old one did
You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love
So take too many pictures, laugh too much and love like you've never been hurt, because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back.

Don't be afraid your life will end..... be afraid that it will never begin......

anonymous

Thank you Mae. It does bear repeating.
 Walts
Msg: 195
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 7/28/2012 8:13:38 AM

That's a gooder Mae!!!!!
 SONNI100
Msg: 196
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 7/28/2012 9:59:29 AM
Thank you, Mae.....needed that.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >