Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 raicor
Msg: 192
It's Not Over at 45Page 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
live on my friend. life is that belongs to each one. it does not ask what we want, or, want to do. it waits for no one and simply discards those who pay no attention. with the sword, well honed, of life beside us, we stand at the top of the hill. ready to, not only walk down, but to see and feel everything once only in thought. across the hill we are many. and, we will not simply follow life, but let it show us everything we dreamed.

be well... for you are not alone. :)
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 193
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 7/27/2012 11:07:12 PM
disclaimer: this is not a pity post its just how i see it and my opinion, at 45 im newly divorced ( final next month) after being left from my wife of 17 years at first i was devastated, but now getting used to the single life so i come on pof to try to find a nice woman, im not a bar guy or dance guy so internet dating seems all the rage now, well 9 months later- not 1 date, 200 plus messages, probably close to 250 now, only a few responses, been blown off for 2 coffeee dates, ive had women in messages call me ugly, undateable, broke, a troll, a looser ect ect ect. which made my lack of self confidence even worse. but being 45 makes it even tougher to find a woman. 99% are divorced and only want a guy with a lot of money. same women also want a guy who looks like a model, its impossible to get a down to earth girl whos funny and no drama and doesnt care if a guy doesnt have a lot of money, just the wrong age for me, im now convinced ill be alone forever. just wish i was 10 yrs younger. again please dont attack me, thats all i get on here this is just how i feel, might sound wrong but its the way i feel, instead of attacking how about ideas to get me out of this funk, thanks as always. nhra1966

...*Big sigh* Please, please, please SOMEBODY, ANYBODY....send this guy a nice e-mail.

Someone sent this to me....I think it's appropriate to this threas and bears repeating...

As we grow up we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down, probably will.
You will probably have your heart broken more than once and its harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken.
You'll fight with your best friend, you'll blame a new love for things that an old one did
You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love
So take too many pictures, laugh too much and love like you've never been hurt, because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back.

Don't be afraid your life will end..... be afraid that it will never begin......

anonymous

...mae
 JAXDiver
Msg: 194
view profile
History
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 7/28/2012 8:05:59 AM

Someone sent this to me....I think it's appropriate to this threa[d] and bears repeating...

As we grow up we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down, probably will.
You will probably have your heart broken more than once and its harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken.
You'll fight with your best friend, you'll blame a new love for things that an old one did
You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love
So take too many pictures, laugh too much and love like you've never been hurt, because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back.

Don't be afraid your life will end..... be afraid that it will never begin......

anonymous

Thank you Mae. It does bear repeating.
 Walts
Msg: 195
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 7/28/2012 8:13:38 AM

That's a gooder Mae!!!!!
 SONNI100
Msg: 196
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 7/28/2012 9:59:29 AM
Thank you, Mae.....needed that.
 missmermaid4u
Msg: 197
It's Not Over at 45
Posted: 7/29/2012 10:15:02 AM
k well way ahead of you..had children in my my 40s..some ppl say way too late, I say my tiny house is full of love> I feel beautiful, sexy and alive.
Age(the number), once I moved past that, I hit Nirvana (not dead yet) & everyone is heaven sent~look around
Lot of nice ppl out there~and I said it b4~we still got it!
~life is good
B patient, relax and believe
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >