Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 phenix_209
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Have you seen your EX recently?Page 5 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
I only see the father of my children once every so many years if I bump into him or a family member dies. We get along ok, talk civil but not about anything personal. The kids are grown, so luckily I don't have to deal with him often. We are rather distant friends.

My recent ex I bump into occasionally at mutual friends, but avoid it as much as possible.
So far,he is the only ex I have a problem being civil with, so I tend to not say too much to him and make a quick exit when he appears some place I am at.

I tend to look at it in the perspective that the men in my life had their good and bad points just like me, but never go back to them. Figure if it didn't work the first time, why would I think it would work a next time? Most folks don't change that much.Hence, I don't allow a next time. When it's done, it's done!
 love2live
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Have you seen your EX recently?
Posted: 11/19/2006 10:26:43 AM
i see my ex husband occasionally, he has in the past tried to make himself at home, this is NOT his home. it's been a long time that i've seen him cuz i put my foot down. i talk to some ex b/f's still, but only talk to them as i wouldn't want them to waste their and my time by sweet talking me ;) i don't really have time for that. i believe ex's are ex's for a reason, how can you not get along or whatever the reason was when you were together, now be best friends? it's very confusing if you ask me.
 subtle_savage
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2006 12:12:20 PM
I'm 42, so sometimes feel like a schooner that has collected its share of barnacles. Not baggage, mind you--I'm careful to do my laundry. The churning bit in the washing machine is nauseating, and that bit in the dryer going round and round feeling like being too drunk and stuck on a carrousel is difficult but in the end I feel pretty fluffy and fresh.

Through my work I had to deal with an ex from about 8 years ago, whom I lived with for 5 years and nearly married. Our ending then did not go well. Meeting again was difficult. Lots of suppressed emotions, issues, thoughts, desires, etc.

Life has a strange way of coming full circle. Since I've met her (about 1 month now) she's divorced her husband, quit her job and decided to sell her house. A mutual friend sarcastically remarked that I still have my old touch. I've facilitated this by having enough spare time to take care of her child while she's been doing a lot of running around, and generally been very supportive of her through a dramatic change in her life. We both realize we arn't suitable to each other, but it's been good to re-gain an old friend. I got involved with her a long time ago for good reason: she has many outstanding qualities.

Though we arn't going to get back into a relationship, I think it's been healthy for both of us to access each other on a level which is deep and trusting.

I think I'd rather have faced a bout of food-poisoning than meet her again, but after that initial 'Oh My God', icky, creepy crawly thing in the sleeping-bag phase, we've been good and needed company for each other.

ss
 Lizardking73
Msg: 137
Posted: 11/20/2006 1:57:59 AM
why would people wanna see their exs nyways I mean it always leads to trouble saw my ex 3 weeks ago and we gave each other this look of we want to strangle each other and it is always trouble in the first place so thats it for me
 dude_in_dfw
Msg: 139
Posted: 6/8/2007 6:35:12 PM
Haven't seen the ex-wife in 10+ years. I do remember running into her totally by accident shortly after the divorce and dayum, that hurt. But I don't think we were meant to be together in the first place...I doubt I'd get sentimental but it would be kinda interesting to do a post-mortem on the relationship.

Nah!

The ex-gf I haven't seen in 2 weeks. Much as I l**ed her, by the time we split she was a different person. Five years from now I'll have fonder memories of her than I do of my ex-wife.

To me, relationships are like gambling. You make a bet, and if you lose, you have to forfeit the bet. Later on, a lot of people are tempted to take back the ex because they remember the good times which, in this analogy, would be before they lost the bet. If you can't make it while the money's on the table---trying your hardest to make it work, cognizant of what's at stake, bringing your best to the equation, and so on---accept it and move on.
 Bwanajack
Msg: 141
Posted: 6/8/2007 7:11:12 PM
lets see...ex wife I have not seen in 8 yrs....

and thank goodness I have not...
 GuitarGuy_
Msg: 142
Posted: 6/8/2007 7:14:25 PM
No biggie. There's no love. Working on getting her name off my Hot Tub, as part of the divorce agreement so there's some back and forth. Neither misses the other.

I do miss my dog though.

:(
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 143
Posted: 6/8/2007 7:26:42 PM
Noooo

We talk on the phone about the boys occasionally. But hadn't seen her in years.
The split was amiacable. But we just don't waste words with each other.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 151
Posted: 6/8/2007 8:07:30 PM
Which one? Yes, I see him allll the time. It would feel strange if I didn't, actually. (I actually see more than one ex on a regular basis ~ it's a small town.)
 me_aboy
Msg: 157
Posted: 6/10/2007 4:39:46 PM
my ex got marry two year ago,even thro we never saw each other in person,only by e-mail..
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2007 10:13:20 AM
Nope...& don't want to, either. IF I should run into him...which
would be quite possible...I would most definately run the other way.
Where he's concerned it's better to "let sleeping dogs lie".
 oggers
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2007 4:05:41 PM
I see my ex every Wednesday and every weekend , when I call to collect the kids - other than that I try not to .................
 Mystic77
Msg: 175
Posted: 7/11/2007 7:02:03 AM
Heck no......... I was more like.....What on earth were you thinking!!!!
 Thissme
Msg: 179
Posted: 7/13/2007 8:40:46 AM
I see my ex wife regularly when I pick up and drop off my kids.

We've been apart for more than 8 years and at first it was very difficult as the split was ugly. Now things have lightened up enough that I am actually allowed into her house and will sit in the living room and talk her and the kids.

Interestingly enough in that time she has asked me 3 times for a reconciliation and I've turned her down every time! It's even more interesting because it was she who initiated the split. Maybe because she realized what she had and will never have again.

Is it difficult to see her now? Absolutely not! We will never be friends however we are civil and cordial towards each other. We are stuck with each other because we have children together.

I must admit though that I am looking forward to the day when the kids are no longer living with her and I no longer have to see her regularly.
 ian26
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2007 1:04:55 AM
saw my ex last week...joined her for a night out had a good time(not like that). But got accused of doing something that i did not do and now know why i rather not be witrh her although i still have some feelings for her..just friends
 SpiritedFilly64
Msg: 191
Posted: 7/14/2007 1:55:42 PM
My ex (husband) of 16 yrs was a mean drunk, who loved to destroy anything he could get him hands on when he was drinking. Totally different person when he wasn't drunk. Anyways a Friend helped me get out of that mess and my ex blamed everyone but himself for the breakup. He accused Ross of destroying our marriage and called me all kinds of names, No one could reason with him... (mind u there was nothing going on with me and Ross).
My ex signed away his rights to my son to keep his sorry ass outta jail, (thats another forum) and I havent seen my ex in a while till July 4th of this yr. It has been since 2002 I kicked my ex out, and he still blames Ross. We (me & Ross) were rodeoing and I was on my horse and Ross gave me a quick kiss, and said Be careful Paige, Nothing stupid, u let go if the rider can't safely get on ur horse when u pick him up. Well guess who walks up behind us and sees all this... My Ex, and once again he's drunk, His poor gf is right there too listening to him going off about how he sure was glad he dumped my ass cuz he knew I was fooling around with that sorry ass rodeo cowboy. Anyways... I just looked at him and said Bill your making an ass of yourself, now knock it off. Well he wouldn't stop and he had to be removed from the Rodeo grounds.
I'm just glad I had a good enough friend in Ross to help me get out of that mess yrs ago, and I'm even more glad he was the right man to stick around and prove to me not all men are like my ex.
Like others have said, Ex's are Ex's for a reason. It's best to keep them that way... So If you can Runnnnnnn the next time you see him/her.

Thats just my 2 cents worth.
 Phoenix_Black
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2008 8:28:24 PM
I have to see my ex every week at the martial arts class I go to. he's one of the instructors.
-___-
 phoenix.rising
Msg: 218
Posted: 2/16/2008 10:43:29 AM
Nooooo thank God. I havent seen or spoken to my ex husband in well over a year.
 JazzDan
Msg: 223
Posted: 2/16/2008 8:49:10 PM
I haven't seen her in many months, though I have spoken to her. She called over Christmas, and we're on good terms now..., primarily because I'm finally, truly over her. I could not realistically say that ~1 year ago.

In fact, I was giving HER relationship advice for an issue she had with her latest BF which was upsetting her. I thought that was totally ironic, to be providing her advice, and knowing she's become co-dependent on her BF and has (she says) lost her confidence. Menopause does strange things to some women...and I really feel no glee about it, because now I just want us both to be happy with life, and she's still kind of...nutty.

...She always wanted to be friends, but I knew I'd never be able to heal if I did that initially. I put did distance there on purpose and it worked...albeit slowly.

Took me 3 years to lose any romantic feelings for her, but I made it. I will always love her, just not "that" way anymore. Ironically, that's what she said to me 3 years ago.

This year, I've learned the remunerative value of some notable items;

The price of finally paying off a car (once hers) loan taken over by me in the divorce, $12,000

The cost of 1.5 hours of over the limit Verizon minutes with the Ex, $6.87

The value of knowing someone no longer has a hold over your heart= priceless!

forum101
Msg: 224
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2008 10:00:00 PM
been divorced twice and one long term relationship.

ex #1: He was kind of crazy. I was seeing a marriage counselor or 6 months, he would never go, despite their phone calls and letters to him. He left me, and I filed for divorce. Then he accused me of "not even trying". He still blames me for the divorce, is still nasty and sarcastic to me, blames me when he gets into trouble with his child support.
ex#2: The love of my life. Turned sour. cheated, lied. a jerk for a husband, but a really good dad. Just cant let him do anything for me. A true martyr. He checked my lawn mower one day, then later threw that up at me, How it was OK to ask him to do things for me etc, when I didnt ask, he volunteered. He wanted to take me to a concert of one of our favorite singers, and threw a fit, because I said "no, I dont want emily to get hurt". she was in that phase where she was dreaming of mommy and daddy getting back together again. And there was no way I would put her in the middle of that abuse.
ex#3. almost got married. Had the date set, planning the wedding, well, he was, I didnt have any sayso in the details. Lied, cheated, a thief, ex drug dealer, the list goes on and on. I havent seen him but once in the past year, sends things through the post office and emails me, changes his address and name to get through. But i see him now as he truly is. Just wish I could figure out how to make him stop contacting me. He thinks I have a gun and security cameras set up at my house. Otherwise , he would come over. I feel nothing but nausea, at the thought of him. The only person I ever wished ill of.
 cowtrucker
Msg: 226
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2008 11:30:36 AM
Been divorced twice, haven't seen the first ex in over 8 years, probably a good thing, I owe him a swift right-cross or two... As for the second ex? He's a great guy, I'd love to hear how his life and his new wife are working out for him... No hard feelings there, just two people with different ideas for a future...

I always think that if it didn't work out then, that there was a lesson to learn, and once the lesson is learned, it's time to move on. Even friendships that ended prematurely have the same reasoning.

I don't wish anything bad on the people in my past, but I have no intentions or desires to attempt to rekindle any old flames...

CowTrucker
Chapman, Kansas
Posted: 9/21/2008 1:56:20 PM
Not since I had them pour my Jimmy Hoffa memorial patio!
 webweebil
Msg: 236
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2008 2:11:28 PM
My ex and I are still good friends. He rushed into a new relationship as soon as we separated. His new gf has found out she has cancer, the same type he lost his mother to. I feel very sorry for him and know what he's going through better than probably anyone else he knows. I don't think I should close the door on good people.
Posted: 9/21/2008 2:22:38 PM
I used to miss him, but I drove around the block and tried again!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >