Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 39
Body Type restriction feature requestPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
But THE POINT IS........

You do not have the ability to choose 'no fattie mc fats' on this site at this point in time.

So................

You either put it in your profile, and deal with the occasional fattie mc fat that greases her way through, or ........................

leave.
 DivineSurprise
Msg: 42
Body Type restriction feature request
Posted: 10/1/2006 2:19:52 PM
This is in response to Padawan's last posting.

First of all, I'm not going to start debating you, because I actually agree with SOME of what you're saying. As a fat person (and yes, I'm not pleasantly plump, or full figured, I'm fat), I agree that oftentimes it is a choice for some people to be fat. There are a lot of people who are continuously in a pity party about how they look or who they are, yet do nothing about it (that doesn't just go for weight issues by the way). However, one cannot deny that these kinds of issues aren't simply black and white. Whether you want to admit it or not (and I am not one who likes to hide behind these reasonings, so please do not accuse me of this because I know you will try...) there are sometimes deeper issues involved such as genetics and eating disorders (just like not eating enough is considered a disorder). I myself don't stuggle with these. I love who I am no matter what I look like and I try to live a healthy life style...if I still look like this, then I am completely fine with that. It's better than living a destructive lifestyle of certain diets (not saying dieting is bad, just some of the ones out there) all for the purpose of looking good for other people. And, you may not know this, but there are quite a few men who DO like the look of a large woman. It is not as big of a turn off as you seem to think. I have met many of them, as well as many men who simply do not care.

You have every right to not be attracted to certain body types, but you have no right to treat people with the disrespect and name-calling that you have partaken in. I am personally not attracted to certain types of people but I am not about to start calling people names to make my point. It's simply inappropriate. I was always taught that no matter how you feel about a person and their choice of lifestyle, that person deserves respect, because unless we have personally lived someone else's life, we have no right to judge them. Therefore, I have no right to judge you and your opinions. You are enititled to any opinion you like. You even have the right to think I am a beached whale, because quite frankly, you have absolutely no control over my self worth. And I hope I have none over your's. But, as I once heard it so wisely put, the rights of your fist end where the rights of my nose begin, so your right to have whatever opinion you want ends at the point where you are hurtful to others and I think you have already crossed that point (and I'm sure others have crossed that line and hurt you as well, but that is not the point; two wrongs don't make a right).

I hope that was well put and well versed. It was not meant as an attack and I hope it did not come across that way. If I have offended anyone in any way, my deepest apologies as that was not my intention at all. And to the OP, I definately see where you are coming from and I am not opposed to having the option to block body types. There CAN be superficial reasonings to this option, but there can be superficial reasons for the options we already do have and it may not always be in issue of superficiality, but simply one of preference. However, as it has already been said, unfortunately we don't have that option at this point, so your best plan of action would be just to state how you feel on your profile. If we did have the option, it would still show up on your profile, so it seems to be the best solution until "if/when" we do get that option.
 DivineSurprise
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/1/2006 10:35:46 PM

Never did I comment that ALL men don't want large women. I'm sure some men love them. In addition, I never said all large people are fat because of food ...

Padawan,

I know you never said these things and I never said that you said either of these things.....I even said I agreed with you for the most part on some things. The only thing I even came close to criticizing you on was your disregard in how you stated your opinion, by inappropriate, and might I add, unnecessary name calling. And yes you are right that not everyone is as comfortable in their own skin and as I am, which only further proves my point that we shoud be careful in what we say that may hurt others. Just because your comments do not personally hurt me, I can understand how they would hurt others, so I won't sit idly by while you purposely insult people. And I realize you are tired of BBW's who whine and complain about discrimination , and to a point, I agree with you. However, I state my previous agrguement that until you know exactly how it feels to be someone else, you should respect them, which means not calling them beached whales. It's simply a case of basic, human respect.

Perhaps the times you have been discriminated against due to your physical features and have "sucked it up and moved on" have caused you perpetuate the cycle of abuse on other's? Just a theory......

And I know you said some of those comments simply because you wanted a reaction out of people...so, well done sir.
 dave1234
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2006 1:48:50 PM
Interesting thread. For many people body type certainly ranks up there on the "must have" list; fat/thin, tall/short, athletic/skinny, etc. Then we have to consider what Lilblond mentioned in msg 55,
What if you fall in love with the person who DOES have the perfect body....people change. When they start gaining weight or they start showing wrinkles because they are aging are you going to dump them...

People recommend, when looking for a partner, to choose one based upon their qualities/attributes/characteristics which tend to be more permanent. I agree. When I had a choice between a cold, restrained, "goddess" or a passionate, sex-loving gal with a few extra pounds I'd chose the latter every time. No one can accuse me of being shallow!
 brawnydog
Msg: 51
Posted: 10/3/2006 1:57:48 PM
I'm closing this thread on the grounds that
I think you are "skinny" and not "athletic".

/Dog [Closed Thread]
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  >