Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 andy1961
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Boot Camp for teenage thugsPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Boot camp - DEFINITELY!!!

National service - BRING IT BACK NOW!!!

Here is another thing they should bring back - CORPORAL PUNISHMENT IN SCHOOLS!!!

Children in many schools throughout the UK are allowed to run riot - teachers, particularly in large comprehensive schools, are powerless to take any proper effective action at all!!!
Many children leave school unruly AND uneducated because of this!

Corporal punishment will not completely sort the problem out - but it's a step in the right direction!

PS;Congratulations to the OP, she has beefed up, the normally boring UK forums
 andy1961
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Boot Camp for teenage thugs
Posted: 9/29/2006 2:12:19 PM
Corporal punishment in school, is highly debatable......I was one of those victims....belted in every class from an early age cause I'm a rotten speller:) Ffs I had DYSLEXIA and no-one knew............was called thick, stupid, lazy....a few names amongst many...........

Must admit you make a good point RedGypsy. There were always the teachers who used a strap or cane on a pupil for crazy reasons! A lot of the time it was used to humiliate a child - the nuns in the primary school I went to, were infamous for that!!!
I got the strap so many times at school, for so much stuff, that I became immune to it!

However I still believe the "short sharp shock" policy of the 60's and 70's, when I went to school, could work today!!!
 stoowart
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2006 7:55:10 AM
Although at first this idea appears to have some merit and i'm not about to offer an alternative solution, it seems to me that putting the 'little darlings' all together in an environment where they could swop tips on how to be even more obnoxious and where the regime will also be making them harder, stronger and, faster physically could have a downside?

just a thought....
 no-mad
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2006 4:11:11 PM
put them in the army 3 strikes and your in lol
 andy1961
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2006 8:58:25 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Must admit that's true. I was not a thug at school, but I was belted many times and got so used to it. In the school I was at, you were treated like a hero if you "got it bad" in front of the rest of the school!
It was like another notch on the bedpost! (Not quite - but you know what I mean.)
 stoowart
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2006 3:12:29 AM
Isn't a lot of the problem about example and disillusion? how can you expect young (or any to a degree) people to understand how to behave when they see people such as politicians, sportsmen and sportswomen, police officers, pop, t.v. and, movie stars "getting away with it" on a regular basis? It's not all kids or all our leaders but as the saying goes "s.h.i.t rolls downhill" and if those "at the top can do what they please without due recourse why can't we/I?
We seem to living in a world where accountability and responsibilty are invisible and there must be something wrong with you if you have a problem with that....I dunno I suppose like all schemes you'd get some positive results and some that fall through the net I can't help feeling that any "solution" at the root will be a bit like trying to nail jelly to the ceiling whilst those in prominence continue to do as they please without due recourse tho :)
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >