Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Illinois  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ladysprite
Msg: 2
Short MenPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
well.. i'm a really short girl.. so nearly everyone is taller than i am..

My opinion, perhaps they were looking only at your attractive pictures, and hoping that your height wouldn't bother them.

Maybe it wasn't your height that put them off so much as something else? Alot of girls will over look some thing like height if the guy is someone they are really into.

But, if they are truly that shallow, and are really ditching you because you are shorter than they are.. why do you want to be with those amazons anyway?
 brawnydog
Msg: 6
Short Men
Posted: 10/25/2006 1:08:15 PM
I have two short things....one is my attention span. That count?

moo
 KTDID78
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Short Men
Posted: 2/9/2007 11:44:39 AM
As long as a guy is a couple of inches taller than me - I'm comfortable with that
 Karrpilot
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Short Men
Posted: 3/11/2007 8:47:55 PM
Most of the short men i have known have the napoleon complex. They think they have to prove themselves to the rest of the world to make up for their lack of height. And an ego to boot.
 cstevenq
Msg: 16
Short Men
Posted: 3/17/2007 8:01:50 PM
I think the logical answer as to why women won't consider dating men shorter than themselves is that THEY are the ones with the insecurities.
 c-paul
Msg: 18
Short Men
Posted: 4/3/2007 8:04:24 PM
i am short but all good look me up
 c-paul
Msg: 19
Short Men
Posted: 4/8/2007 6:59:35 PM
Hi I'm short under 5 ft there's no shame to my game . some ladies can't see being with a short man. some do ,should not be hurt by that if they don't want short man just move on.. i was married to 5.ft 2 lady now i'm div. enjoy life
 c-paul
Msg: 20
Short Men
Posted: 4/8/2007 7:02:50 PM
i have big feet . and i don't have a small wanker might be right about shoe size
 c-paul
Msg: 21
Short Men
Posted: 4/8/2007 7:05:40 PM
you can you keep looking and there some one out there
 RebaBlue81
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Short Men
Posted: 6/22/2007 2:54:44 PM
Not sure what I can offer to this forum, but I'll speak from a previous disappointing experience...I'm only 5 feet. With my tallest heels, I'm MAYBE 5' 4". My only requirement with height is that he has to be taller than I am with my highest of high heels on. I had a guy say he was like 5'6 or a bit taller....When I showed up, I kid you not...not only did his picture on the profile completely misrepresented him, but what he put as his height was complete BS...he was like 5' 2".....I can see those women who are taller than I am wanting someone like I do...taller than they are. I don't know...They should check your height on your profile before getting into some serious talk, but then again, the guys shouldn't lie. I don't believe that you are, but it does happen....Sorry for the snobs out there that give us bad names, and I'm sorry for those losers who give guys who are honest in their profile a bad name. Shame on them all!
 Karrpilot
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Short Men
Posted: 6/23/2007 7:29:47 PM
Not me. I never thought either team would be in the world series. Maybe as spectators.
 RebaBlue81
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Short Men
Posted: 6/26/2007 1:37:01 PM
Seriously, according to the family physician, I am 60.5 inches....5 feet is the truth! LOL

What do the stupid Cubs and Sox have to do with what I posted?

Karrpilot
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Short Men
Posted: 6/26/2007 3:29:03 PM
Stupid Cubs and Sox? I guess no one will be asking you to any games. Lighten up. We were just having some fun.
 RebaBlue81
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Short Men
Posted: 6/27/2007 11:18:10 AM
I wasn't meaning that in an "angry" way. I'm just not a fan of Chicago teams. Cubs do rank as my second favorite team....
 Karrpilot
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Short Men
Posted: 6/29/2007 7:18:13 PM
Well, if the White Sox are your first favorite team, all is forgiven. Besides, everyone knows what Cubs stands for. Cancel Us By September.
 Jonathan Doeman
Msg: 33
Short Men
Posted: 5/19/2008 6:56:03 PM
^^^

Is height THAT important to you that you want them to get re-measured because they might be a couple of inches shorter than they assumed they were?
 retrofuturistic
Msg: 34
Short Men
Posted: 5/31/2008 2:48:24 PM
This is an area where women, including the women on this message board, compulsively lie through their teeth.

They say that "height is not important", or "as long as the guy is taller than me that is ok".....but in the real world, women disproportionately date men 6' or taller and almost completely ignore men under 5'9" even though the average height in the U.S. is only slightly over 5'10".

Ladies, be honest to us and be honest to yourselves. Society has led you to believe taller men are more desirable and more attractive. The media has led you to believe taller men are more desirable and attractive. You date tall men even when you know they are oftensimtes bad for you and oftentimes abusive. For most of you, dating tall men is like a really bad crack habit you know you should quit but don't have the strength to quit.

What is annoyingly hypocritical and contradictory is that women don't want to be judged on their weight (something they almost always have control over), but they still want to reserve the right to judge men on their height (something men have no control over). Obviously something is very wrong with this picture.

Until women can overcome all the societal and media brainwashing and stop worshipping looks, money, height, possessions, confidence, and "attitude", they will continue to find themselves in incredibly bad abusive and adulterous relationships and marriages with no foundation of love and caring, the 2 people in the relationship only having been drawn to one another based on the most superficial criteria imaginable.
 retrofuturistic
Msg: 35
Short Men
Posted: 5/31/2008 2:54:36 PM
Oh, and to Felinity above, the reason men lie about their height is because you ladies freaking obsess over men's heightso much. You seem more obsessed with the INCREDIBLE DIFFERENCE IN QUALITY that must exist in men who are 6 feet tall versus men who are 5'9" and this concern completely causes women to neglect to ask the genuinely important questions like "does he have a criminal record?", "is he already married and not telling me?", and "is this guy secretly bisexual or gay?".

Putting emphasis on a man's height is just plain childish and asinine, end of story. As far as I'm concerned, women who care about that stuff deserve to get lied to and disappointed.
 Jonathan Doeman
Msg: 37
Short Men
Posted: 6/4/2008 5:14:00 PM

So, according to drlolipop's logic, it's ok for women to lie all they want about their weight, too, simply because so many men obsess so much about women being thin with a nice figure.

Yes.

In fact, the dating sites make it very easy for women to lie about their weight by simply allowing them to report it as a vague euphemism, instead of a mathematical measurement. Don't you find it odd that weight is allowed to be posted as "thin, athletic, average, or BBW" while height has to be reported as a mathematically precise measurement? Why can't men avoid putting down their actually height (as women avoid posting their actual weight) through vague euphemisms like: "lofty, tall, average, mezzanine, and compact"?

So yes, it's O.K. for a woman to lie about her weight, but she doesn't need to because she never had to post her exact weight in the first place. Maybe less men would lie about their height if they didn't have to post a specific measurement.

I obsess about people's HONESTY, not their height.

you shouldn't obsess about anything. It's unhealthy.

I really am getting tired of being put down on these forums by men who don't think I have a right to look for a man my own height.

I thought you were looking for a man of your own honesty? What's height got to do with it?

xeot
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Short Men
Posted: 6/8/2008 7:04:19 PM
Hmm... I've been rejected at least a half dozen times online for being 'too tall'... probably more in person, just that it doesn't get said.

What does that mean? I can only guess... in certain online dating forums there aren't any profiles... I would get one line replies of 'how tall are you?' I would answer and then get silence or a rejection saying I was too tall. Maybe I wouldn't go well with her hat or something :)
 Jonathan Doeman
Msg: 41
Short Men
Posted: 6/15/2008 8:06:37 PM

I had been out recently and had this very conversation. The problem is the insecure short guys post up a height that is not true. I have a friend who I won't name who says he is 5'9" on his profile. I am 5'7" and I am taller than him! Who is he trying to kid!! So.. it ruins it for the honest men.

Ruins it for the honest men? Would you want to be with a woman who is so shallow that she rejects you for being 5'7" because she thought you were actually 5'6"? It seems like only a shallow guy would want a woman who thinks like this anyway.

On the other hand, I won't date women taller than me. 5'7" is my absolute limit but then I think about heels and it's just not fair. I like to be able to hold someone in my arms completely and feel like I can protect them and pick them up, etc. So the shorter you are, the greater your chances!

Oh....

Nevermind.

Jonathan Doeman
Msg: 43
Short Men
Posted: 6/16/2008 4:57:58 PM
^^^

No misunderstanding, Mike.

Answer me this one question.

I'm a hair taller than 5'10"....does that make me better than you? Does it mean that I'm a 350HP car and you're a 320HP?

You don't think that's shallow? That's the definition of shallow.

Human beings are not cars. People are more complex than the number of inches their heads are above the ground. And to dismiss a person completely because they are 5'7" instead of 5'8" is PROFOUNDLY shallow. You can use the term "personal preference" all you want, but such thinking obviously stems from a shallow world-view.

cheers
 Jonathan Doeman
Msg: 46
Short Men
Posted: 6/17/2008 4:54:45 PM

Two, if you lie about something as simple as your height, what else are you lying about!

Something as simple as height? You just said that you'd reject a guy based on his height. It sounds like height is more important than you give it credit for. So a guy could lie about height (something very important) and still be truthful about less important things.

In fact, if you were a very short guy, it would make sense to lie about your height.

But anyway, I wasn't disagreeing with Mike's point. I was disagreeing with his logic. The whole part about comparing a shorter man to a 250HP truck and a tall man to a 300HP truck. That sort of thinking is nonsense and the foundation of why women use height restrictions.

cheers
 xeot
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Short Men
Posted: 6/17/2008 6:36:53 PM

> Two, if you lie about something as simple as your height, what else are you lying about!

Something as simple as height? You just said that you'd reject a guy based on his height. It sounds like height is more important than you give it credit for.

The problem is that so many women have this set of filters most guys must pass through before they even can 'earn' a chance at dating. Because of this guys learn to lie.

I can go through a string of summary rejections for trivial matters. Since this is a height thread, I'll use that... I've had women reject me because I was a fraction of an inch too tall. Absolutely true. I'm 6'3.875" tall and I've encountered women online who tell me they don't date men over 6'3". That's it. done. If I had just used integers I'd have passed by that filter without even lying. Anyway, that's why so many men lie about these sort of things. You either lie or face the summary dismissal.

These are all trivial matters that can be overcome later, provided a guy gets a chance. It's quite obvious they are trivial matters designed to just arbitrarily narrow the field because not all guys have to pass through them. For the theme of this thread, many a famous actor has been, in real life, short. Guess what? Suddenly that height requirement is waived.
Show ALL Forums  > Illinois  >