Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cotter
Msg: 497
view profile
History
Long hair on older womenPage 14 of 42    (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42)
My hair is almost down to my waist ... I like the way it feels on my bare shoulders. I especially like to feel it blow in the breeze and lay across my back and shoulders.

Most men I know like the long hair. So I guess until I get too old and decrepit to take care of it (which is really quite easy) ... I'm keeping my long hair.

I was thinking about donating it to Locks of Love ... my pony tail is so long that I could donate two 8" pony tails to them and still have plenty of hair to look nice. My hair grows so fast that it would only take a couple of years to get it back down to the middle of my back.
 Miss W
Msg: 498
Long hair on older women
Posted: 6/24/2008 6:31:37 PM
Not every woman looks good in long hair, this includes all ages. It is all up to the individual. It can be aging to some people, especially if they had very dark hair when they were young and still have it at 40 plus. The secret is to go lighter when older, not darker as it accentuates wrinkles. Others can carry it off and I have seen some fabulously long silver hair. I pondered cutting my own shoulder length hair recently and received a few scoldings from friends, both male and female. It is not how long you wear your hair, it is how you wear your hair long.
 SaraMana
Msg: 502
Long hair on older women
Posted: 6/27/2008 8:08:49 AM

And some women will continue to actually believe that it's becoming, even over

Most men don't know diddly about 'style' anyway, and have never been

a good 'barometer' of what's appropiate even on themselves. Why capitulate

common sense, because some 'man likes it'........?? heck , most men I know can't

pick out a tie and shirt that looks decent.....

Strange
 SaraMana
Msg: 504
Long hair on older women
Posted: 6/28/2008 8:32:27 AM
certainly a personal choice indeed

like being FAT

or like still being a smoker approaching 50.....

heck, some women still think it's appropriate to smoke....even through pregnancy..

Good judgment combined with choice is always de rigueur..still others refuse

to even attempt to understand
 moraima
Msg: 507
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 6/28/2008 3:35:19 PM
"Anyone can have longer hair ..they sell it everywhere these days"

OMG the day I buy anything that I can get by doing nothing. Too funny!

"In the summer, along with those nasty hot flashes, I sometimes wish I could shave my head....and walk around more naked than naked! "

Ew................can you say ponytale? Please, please get some natural HRT's. Life doesn't have to be that hard.
 1frantastic
Msg: 508
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 6/28/2008 9:58:02 PM
my dear....these are your words...heed them...
certainly a personal choice indeed...........still others refuse
LIKE YOU!
to even attempt to understand

I now have long hair and it does look better than the short"old woman" haircut did... I wonder though...why you comment so much ...yet can't even post a picture of yourself....do you have hair of any kind???
 SaraMana
Msg: 509
Long hair on older women
Posted: 6/29/2008 6:53:53 AM
Shallow thinkers aeem to ALWAYS result

to making a feeble attack on another POSTER

rather than comment on the CONTENT of a

particular post.

It doesn't MATTER if I have a PICTURE POSTED....duh..

that's not the TOPIC......

Typical deflective, moronic technique...........

This forum is designed for COMMENT....

No one must AGREE....again that seems easy enough for

any reasonable, mature person to grasp.......

No one has to 'accept' anyone's opinion...it's OPINION

Take a closer look in your own mirror..........laughable

stupid stuff
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 510
Long hair on older women
Posted: 6/29/2008 8:13:20 AM
...Wow, 39 pages. Long hair vs short hair.....This has gone on longer than the Clinton-Obama campaign

...maeflowers
 SaraMana
Msg: 513
Long hair on older women
Posted: 6/30/2008 8:38:50 AM
it doesn't look good on most older drag queens either

come to think of it.....

now does it.....?

scary methinks
 fancynanci
Msg: 514
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 6/30/2008 2:26:31 PM
My hair grows FAST. It's nearly to my waist now. I wear it long because I love it long.
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 518
Long hair on older women
Posted: 7/2/2008 12:06:55 AM
In 2002 I lost all my hair from chemo...when it started to grow back and was at that *short stage...my kids said "Mom, you have hair...you look like a dyke but you have hair!"

It didnt grow back like it had been before, it was a different color and texture...but as time went by I realize I was never going to have the *killer hair I had before the chemo. I have had to relearn how to style it to achieve the look I want and when I read threads like this I have to laugh cause there is always the option of NO HAIR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand that some have issues with their hair being different after they attain a certain age...it might be thinner or the grey doesnt style as well. There are so many products on the market to help you to be able to enjoy having long hair at any age...it is just a matter of preferences...do what makes you happy.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 520
Long hair on older women
Posted: 7/6/2008 11:08:52 AM
I am sure that within 40 pages of replies, it has already been said...but how good someone looks with long hair is not really an issue of age...more of how well they wear their hair, face shape, body type, etc.

I am sure there are folks who keep long hair to "keep their youth" as well...for me personally, I like the way that *I* feel with longer hair....I like how many different ways I can wear it, long...straightened, curled, upsweep, etc. :) If a fellow asked me to cut it because he did not like it...I would not...so I don't keep it long for those reasons, either.
 texasbaby
Msg: 522
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 7/18/2008 3:20:48 AM
A wooley mammoth???? OMG! That is just wrong on so many levels.

tb
 Chagal116
Msg: 537
Long hair on older women
Posted: 7/19/2008 9:14:16 PM
If it looks good ,wear it!!!!!! Long hair is great if you keep it in good shape,and you can wear it up or down. Once it's short you don't get as many options.
However some people may look best with different styles, its a personal choice.
 guyot
Msg: 538
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 7/20/2008 12:56:52 PM
I would never tall a woman how to wear her hais. and I think that there are lots of good solutions for any individual. However, I love long hair always, and don't think that there is anything at all wrong with women who have long hair at any age. I think that it looks just terrific. I particularly liked dreamgirl's answer, that it is both practical and that men never object to it.

-Gray
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 539
Long hair on older women
Posted: 7/20/2008 2:20:51 PM
Bullielover, thank you...the funny part is now 5 years later both my kids tell me how beautiful my hair is...that to me is worth more than any compliment from the men ^^

As far as someone who likes to post for attention, I would rather be who I am and comfortable with it than feel I have to insult people to get someone to acknowledge my presence.
 zangie
Msg: 544
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 7/25/2008 7:06:15 PM

I still have had no complaints about my hair and have been told never to cut it. I donated it once to locks of love, too old to do that again, but highly recommend it to younger women that can grow it back.

Me too...at one point it was too long ( waist length)..I had like 7 inches cut off..and I donated it the local place that used it to make wigs for children going through chemo..one of the most gratifying things I ever did...
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 546
Long hair on older women
Posted: 7/26/2008 7:25:06 AM
...Its funny you should mention that because one of my daughters has shoulder length hair and she is continually brushing it away from her face....her hair completely covers over one eye and half of her face. When it came time to pay for school photos, I jokingly told her I'll pay for half, since thats all I can see is half your face.

...maeflowers
 rustytraveler
Msg: 552
Long hair on older women
Posted: 8/10/2008 9:50:56 AM
How long is too long? I'm too lazy and cheap to get it cut every 6 weeks.
 texasbaby
Msg: 553
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 8/10/2008 10:38:00 AM
OMG!! The thread that won't die!
Here's the thing I hate about long hair,, cleaning it out of the shower drain and off the roller brush of my vacuum. Oh, I also hate sitting on it when I'm driving, but I wear it in a long braid most of the time, so that's not usually an issue.
I have noticed the sagging some have referred to,, that's about my hair??? Silly of me,, I thought it might have been more about the 60 birthdays I've seen. Who knew....

tb
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 555
Long hair on older women
Posted: 8/10/2008 4:37:34 PM

We were talking about pubic hair, right?

Believe it or not that is another thread on here But that was funny

Fedzbureau, I always find my amusement when someone without the guts to post a picture feels to involved themselves in a conversation that is looks based and then expects others to find validity in their words, I would respect comments from you on the evils of the internet :P
 texasbaby
Msg: 557
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 8/11/2008 7:19:42 AM
@ Miz taken ~ Oh my! You are very observant,, how we've missed our dear Sara's comments on our hair ~ and whatever else he found wrong with women in general. Welcome back Sara honey!

tb
 chitown gal
Msg: 559
Long hair on older women
Posted: 8/11/2008 11:50:29 AM
justem your hair looks nice on you, partly because your long bangs accent your face nicely. Wait til you're pushing 60 and have more gray hairs. My pic was taken last summer the day of a haircut and it is not colored or permed. One of the best cuts I got. I love long hair, three years ago it was the longest I've ever had it but I got tired of it getting all tangled up, finding those extra long hairs everywhere. I look a lot better with hair not much longer than shoulder length.

I think a lot of older women look fine with longer hair. I say if you like it and it looks good, go for it.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 560
Long hair on older women
Posted: 8/11/2008 2:56:07 PM
jennyann ~~ you seem to have acquired the PoF disease: MyWayOrTheHighway, lol! Found me a fella who loves me, loves my hair, loves my weight -- me, just the way I am. Wish you as much.

Hugz
 Vannili
Msg: 564
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 8/13/2008 9:56:46 AM
I prefer long hair and I don't care what other people says that long hair is only good for the twenties /thirties ,my grooming is no bodys business but my business. And I don't lure a man by my locks for him to fantasize that is a shallow mentality.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >