Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Long hair on older womenPage 4 of 42    (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42)
Ok, I know that I am too old for long hair. The forums tell me so. My hair is down to the middle of my back now and I like it that way. If you don't, put a ring on my finger and we can discuss it. I don't like the Donald Trump comb-over either, but that doesn't mean I will pass you by. Come on, I wash my hair daily. Doesn't that count for anything? I can't be all things to all men, but I can put my hair up in a French Twist. Oh yeah, during sex, a ponytail works wonders to get it out of the way. Any thoughts on "long toenails"?
 moraima
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 4/1/2007 4:36:35 PM
Faces, necks and other body parts are what make people look older, not what they frame their heads with.

If someone sees long hair from behind and assumes that the person HAS to be young, and looks at the face from the front and the person is older, then they should be learning that hair is just hair and nothing to do with age.
If all you see is the back of someone hair, and they happen to have long hair down their back, until you see the front of the head, you don't even know if it is a man or a women if the hair is just hanging down long.
 trs1958
Msg: 141
Long hair on older women
Posted: 4/10/2007 11:17:21 PM
I can imagine that long hair can be a pain to deal with...but...I think long hair on a woman is about one of the most sexiest assets she can have. I think it's beautiful on a woman at any age, that is if it's managed and clean. My grandmother lived to be 97 and always had black hair that almost reached the floor. Then again, she always wore it up in a bun. But I remember as a little kid watching her brush it...I thought it was so amazing to see someone with hair that long.
 moraima
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 4/12/2007 10:49:19 AM
Women are blessed with the choice of either keeping their hair long or cutting it. A lot of men suffer from natural hair lose as they age. I have always thought that if women had to face being bald the way a lot of men do, they would be very unhappy about it. It is not that women are more vane, just that we are so used to enjoying the beauty of our hair and our multiple choices in how we wear it.
 Little Miss 51
Msg: 146
Long hair on older women
Posted: 4/13/2007 5:35:21 PM
My hair is a little longer than shoulder length. I am trying to grow it longer! A womans hair is suppose to be the pride & joy on her body! My hair is high maintenance and I like it long. It keeps me warm in the winter and I can style it in so many ways! Each woman has their own preference for their hair. I do not think age has anything to do with the length or style. That is based on the woman herself. I wear my hair like the younger generation in color and styling. I spend alot on my hair!!

I love my hair and I want it to look good at all times!
 acgoat
Msg: 147
Long hair on older women
Posted: 4/14/2007 7:57:05 AM
goaliebns [Long Hair always looks great on women.. First thing women do when they get married is cut their hair.. I knew I was in trouble when the ex finally started to grow her hair long...]

Same for me, many years ago. No warning, came home from work about 2 months after marraige to find collar length hair that just that morning was waist length. Talk about bummed out.

Love the look of longhair on women of all ages
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 148
Long hair on older women
Posted: 4/14/2007 12:39:39 PM
I was in a store the other day and a little kid shouted, "Mommy! Look at that lady's hair, it's down to her butt. That's crazy!"

The kid didn't shout because I am a middle aged woman with long hair, but because he hadn't seen anyone with hair that long before.

There is a legion of middle aged and senior women with short, permed hair. Line them up against a wall and you can't distinguish them from the back.

I prefer to stand out and have kids yell about me.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 149
Long hair on older women
Posted: 4/14/2007 1:29:56 PM
Highwater, I was going to message you but I can't because I am too young.

1classmind
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 4/15/2007 9:04:40 PM
I agree with Susieb...you must be confident within yourself no matter what length your hair is...confindance is more sexy to a man than the length of ones hair!
 mj824
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 4/16/2007 9:36:40 AM
I'm a long haired girl. I've always thought longer hair is more youthful and sexy. I say as long as you can get away with it go for it.
 akg966
Msg: 154
Long hair on older women
Posted: 4/16/2007 6:29:51 PM
No "shoulds" here. It just depends if you want to look better or do nothing & give up. Most/many men are very appreciative of long hair on women, at any age if your hair looks good long! (That's because of the (over-rated!) genetic disposition that women have in having more of it, on the head, that is & not all over elsewhere.) Here's the questions I ask. 1) Does it look good (from a distance). 2) Do I want to run my fingers through it? 3) Do I want to smell how beautiful it smell? 4) Do I want to kiss the face it belongs to? 4) Are there their other activities unresolved? 5) Do I want to do this over & over again?
Older women wanting short hair for themself or ALL older women may, or may NOT(!), show signs of sportiness, busy or lackidaisical/self-absorbed attitude (although the opposite could be true), lowering self-appreciation/confidence, or it may show a belligerent dyky attitude (nothing undesirable about being a dyke, if that's what one is & there's not a reacting to some early life sexual abuse &/or if so, clearing that up has not been to ones satifaction - true for everybody). Thin stringy hair may turn off men. The main thing is that it's needs to be clean (not greasy). So long as it's not overdone, like with hair spray, full hair is better than hair close to the head, unless you're a guy or a lesbian No hairspray, please - exception is a special event & when it's windy. The hair must look stylish, so no clips (you still at the barber?), bows (did you win the prize or are YOU the prize?), really short straight-cut bangs (looking like a mental hospital patient?). Hair should not take away from your other attributes that are more desirable, such as ones firm body/flat stomach/arms (if you have that), shaved legs. And never underestimate the appeal of shaving ones pits (that would be under the ARMS). Ultimately though, it's all about two hearts connecting, & looks or body parts are NOT so relevant. Please excuse this day diversion/learning experience :-)
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 155
Long hair on older women
Posted: 4/17/2007 8:06:14 PM

Keep in mind that long hair can be a pain in the a** and takes daily upkeep (= x amount of time).

Long hair is the easiest to upkeep. Stand in the shower, shampoo and condition, let it dry some, braid it to give it waves . . . done. I wash my hair once or twice a week and wash my bangs everyday. I never have a bad hair day-- a braid fixes that.

Some people are not concerned about how others view their nonconformist ideas and looks. If we old women want to wear our hair long, then leave us alone, dammit. If we are willing to buck what others call "style," why would we listen to those who tell us what we should or shouldn't do?

Perhaps when men, women, and little kids whom I don't know stop telling me that my hair is beautiful, I'll cut it.

On the other hand, nah, I won't.
 bcvalleyboY
Msg: 156
Long hair on older women
Posted: 4/18/2007 7:44:38 AM
long hair the longer the better and yes jazz feeling it, playing with it and seeing what you can do with it. I think French braids are cool, just wish I knew how to do it. I can braid regularly. Now in my youth i did grow out my hair to my waist and to keep it maintained was a chore in itself. Lot of women were jealous of my thick straight hair. and I could braid my own hair too. Now I just have normal short hair.
 JuliaMae
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 4/19/2007 6:52:46 PM
Great attitude.I am 60 and my waist length hair is not grey yet.Long hair is much easier to keep nice and I like it. I will probably have long grey hair one day. I can't please every one so I please myself and besides I like grey. Today I am 60, I could cut my hair,color my hair and spend a fortune in beauty parlours and guess what, I would still be 60.
 bcvalleyboY
Msg: 158
Long hair on older women
Posted: 4/20/2007 6:29:40 PM

What I find even more confusing is why since I got my dog, no one asks to touch my hair anymore.

Well Sande, I have had a german shepard too, they are very protective especially when their owner treats them right. I would love to play with your hair and see how many hair do's I could come up with. My 18 year old daughter who also has long hair will ask me sometimes to come up with an Idea, and when I do make it up for her. Her girlfriends always thinks she had it done at the beauty parlor. My princess loves it when I come up with good Ideas. Really as miss little independent wants some attention from me, its usually to do her hair up.

mORE or less its a bonding time for me and my daughter.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 159
Long hair on older women
Posted: 4/20/2007 7:27:09 PM

No "shoulds" here. It just depends if you want to look better or do nothing & give up. Most/many men are very appreciative of long hair on women, at any age if your hair looks good long! (That's because of the (over-rated!) genetic disposition that women have in having more of it, on the head, that is & not all over elsewhere.) Here's the questions I ask. 1) Does it look good (from a distance). 2) Do I want to run my fingers through it? 3) Do I want to smell how beautiful it smell? 4) Do I want to kiss the face it belongs to? 4) Are there their other activities unresolved? 5) Do I want to do this over & over again?
Older women wanting short hair for themself or ALL older women may, or may NOT(!), show signs of sportiness, busy or lackidaisical/self-absorbed attitude (although the opposite could be true), lowering self-appreciation/confidence, or it may show a belligerent dyky attitude (nothing undesirable about being a dyke, if that's what one is & there's not a reacting to some early life sexual abuse &/or if so, clearing that up has not been to ones satifaction - true for everybody). Thin stringy hair may turn off men. The main thing is that it's needs to be clean (not greasy). So long as it's not overdone, like with hair spray, full hair is better than hair close to the head, unless you're a guy or a lesbian No hairspray, please - exception is a special event & when it's windy. The hair must look stylish, so no clips (you still at the barber?), bows (did you win the prize or are YOU the prize?), really short straight-cut bangs (looking like a mental hospital patient?). Hair should not take away from your other attributes that are more desirable, such as ones firm body/flat stomach/arms (if you have that), shaved legs. And never underestimate the appeal of shaving ones pits (that would be under the ARMS). Ultimately though, it's all about two hearts connecting, & looks or body parts are NOT so relevant. Please excuse this day diversion/learning experience :-)

Could you repeat that?...............

...maeflowers
 passiflora
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 4/29/2007 12:15:12 AM

I have worn short hair much of my life. When I turn 45 I decided to grow it long hoping it will help me to catch a nice men on here lol. It just doesn't seem to grow fast enough

Oh, and my 15 years old daughter tells me twice a week to cut it short again

Jossi...hang in there your daughter is just reacting to that "inbetween" stage with your hair...I am so glad I held on... I'm lovin the longer look (so are many others!)
Aloha~
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >