Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lalani
Msg: 244
view profile
History
Long hair on older womenPage 6 of 42    (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42)
I for one find I'm needing to grow my hair back as well. I got a little crazy a couple of years but and started cutting my long hair shorter and shorter. I was looking for a cut that would be more wash and wear for my natural curls. I had forgotten all those "poodle cuts' I ended up with as a child. I wanted change so much after my last relationship ended , I cut it down to a few inches and Wham, there was poodle girl again. Talk about a nightmare. Well its back to being much longer and the curls are free. Even my ex younger boyfrind is enjoying looking at them again lol and will stop by for visit , just visit , as old friends again. Nice. Friends in my poker circle say I h00ave the "sexest hair in my little city" . I guess I'll be keeping it long for the rest of my life.
 LaddyMike
Msg: 245
Long hair on older women
Posted: 9/23/2007 7:17:58 PM
I love to see long hair on "the older woman". I'm not opposed to short hair on women, but I believe long hair is extremely feminine and makes women look younger and more vibrant. Keep it growing!
 Tigress
Msg: 246
Long hair on older women
Posted: 9/23/2007 8:39:47 PM
Your hair looks great. Keep it! I'm the same age as you and I will NEVER have short, "old lady" hair! My opinion is that if it's WAY long, and has no syle, that's just not a good look, but... Yours and Mine, it's fine!

I've never been with a man that wanted me to have short hair either!
 Moonchild51
Msg: 247
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 9/23/2007 9:42:44 PM
I had short hair for quite some time. Was told it would be more professional! It was a lot of work. Lot of upkeep at the salon, time, and money. Went through the awkward stage of growing it back in and am almost there! lol
I have never gotten more compliments! My hair is naturally curly so I can just wash and go! Works for me..cept for those damned gray hairs! lol...I take care of them though...And I do think I look younger and I definately feel sexier with it longer. As far as others telling me to cut it short? Ack, I am gonna do my own thing tyvm!
 brock11
Msg: 251
Long hair on older women
Posted: 9/25/2007 9:39:24 PM
I know some women in their 40s who were okay looking when they had short hair, but became more attractive with a longer hairstyle. Personally I usually prefer women with longer hair regardless of age. However I have seen some attractive women with short hair.
 NatGoat
Msg: 255
Long hair on older women
Posted: 9/27/2007 8:45:03 AM
I L O V E Long Hair . . Age has no bearing on it . . !
It's how it's kept . . and displayed that Really count . . !!
But, it's SO Rare to see an older woman with long hair . . it's even More Impressive . . !!
* Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh *
. . . .
 KateOmaha
Msg: 257
Long hair on older women
Posted: 9/29/2007 10:08:48 AM
I go back and forth on the subject of my long hair all the time. I decided as long as it looks healthy and it doesn't age me, I will keep it longer ( for now) lol
 NatGoat
Msg: 258
Long hair on older women
Posted: 9/30/2007 1:53:10 PM
The invitation is Open . .
Long Hair . . No M A T T E R what its age . . is attractive to ME . . !!!
 pepsign
Msg: 260
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 10/3/2007 1:27:47 AM
I think short hair is sexy myself particularly when the woman has a long kneck or at least hair tied up.
 ManeRider
Msg: 261
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 10/3/2007 12:52:08 PM
This may seem completely off the chain, but I insist on long hair.

Well, unless her name's Haley Berry.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 262
Long hair on older women
Posted: 10/3/2007 11:20:45 PM

This may seem completely off the chain, but I insist on long hair.

Well, unless her name's Haley Berry.

Sigh ~ she would be stunning bald ~ it's just not right.

~OT~ I had never been able to grow it long in my younger years. I may have been impatient or something, but the fact it keeps growing amazes even me. I don' t care what any fashion/age-appropriate-hair-expert states ~ I look best with it long. And it's so much easier to take care of than it used to be. It stays.
 cotter
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 10/4/2007 2:38:02 PM
My hair grows so fast that sometimes I can't believe it myself. Just a couple of months ago it was almost down to my waist ... I cut over six inches off and here we go again. My hair is long because I think it's bothersome to have to keep going to get it cut when it's short ... what a doggone hassle (and it's expensive as well).

I've never had a man complain about it ... and so if wants it short ... he better start forking out the money for the hair cuts every three weeks ... that's how fast it grows. If I have short hair, it starts looking shaggy after about three weeks.

Let's not forget ... nothing feels quite so sexy as to feel my hair falling down around my shoulders and back as I stand there naked, trying to decide what to wear. Imagine what a man must be thinking as he watches me? Imagine what it must look like when I turn around and my hair is draped lazily over my breasts.

Pfffft ... men love long hair ... even on older women ...
 Xavery
Msg: 264
Long hair on older women
Posted: 10/4/2007 9:30:42 PM
I think long hair looks good on some older woman and short hair on others. It depends on your bone structure and face shape. I believe it is important not to hold onto a "dated" look and keep could care of your tresses.
 * Magic Man *
Msg: 265
view profile
History
Long hair on older women?
Posted: 10/5/2007 6:33:27 AM
Absolutely ! ... Yes ! ... and if my ladys' hair is 1/2 way down her back - "all the better" ...
 idahosun
Msg: 266
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2007 6:11:14 PM
I only had short hair when I was forced to wear it that way as a child, since then I had it shorter for a few years in my early 30's but didn't like it. I like my long hair, keep it trimmed and in a stylish cut...I don't like long hair that looks like it was styled in the 1890's or the 1980's (mullet) and generally don't like long hair on men. But I do think hair is a very special projection of what we think of ourselves to many people, I like my hair long so I wear it long for me, and will continue to do so until I decide otherwise. I could never wear shoulder length hair, I need to be able to pull it into a pony tail when it is hot but I don't care who thinks I'm too old for long hair, it's my hair, I'll wear it how I chose and I think everyone else should have the same option.
 smartazzjohn
Msg: 267
Posted: 10/5/2007 8:19:55 PM
I agree with the person who said it depends on the woman, some look good with long hair and some look better with short hair IMO. But I think the same thing is true for women of all ages, not just "older" women..... what used used to be old to me is not anymore LOL
 NatGoat
Msg: 269
Posted: 10/5/2007 9:13:23 PM
L O N G~H A I R ..earns B I G Points with Me . . No Matter her age . . !!! . .
. . . .
 idahosun
Msg: 270
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 10/6/2007 8:44:56 AM
hammer - omg, what a silly thing to say - how does the reverse situation apply to men?? If you part it on the side and do a comb over your bald spot it means you aren't sensual, (probably just means you are lacking in good taste) or if you keep it covered with a baseball cap, it means you are sensual -just having a "bad hair day" and what about the shaved trend...sometimes other people's ideas really crack me up but to equate long hair to sexual performance - oh heaven help us all
 dawnskey
Msg: 271
Long hair on older women
Posted: 10/6/2007 9:21:26 AM
Long hair has been and always will be attractive on any age of woman (as long as she takes care of it of course). Short hair is alright too but a gal has to mess with it more to make it look decent. As for me, long is the best with curl, thickness and lots of body. Long hair on guys is attractive as well, of course if he keeps it well groomed. The main thing is what the gal wants, isn't that what really matter?
 NatGoat
Msg: 276
Long hair on older women
Posted: 10/7/2007 10:39:22 AM
Don't EVER cut Long hair Short . . !!!
-{Unless you're Uncomfortable being Admired . . !!! . . }
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 277
Long hair on older women
Posted: 10/9/2007 2:44:01 PM
Nice to see this thread still going, lol!

Wapikicoli
Msg: 278
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 10/10/2007 1:31:48 PM
I dont think a woman's age should be reason for her to cut her hair. My hair is past my waist and I love it. You dont see many women with very very long hair, but it does get noticed. Where was it ever written that when a woman ages she should cut her hair? My grandmother would ask me all the time, when I was younger .."When are you going to grow up and cut that hair"...lol..God love her...I guess it was just the generation.
 Cynderella
Msg: 279
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 10/12/2007 12:26:28 AM
The older I get the longer it gets...something to do with gravity tee hee
 idahosun
Msg: 280
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 10/12/2007 9:37:31 AM
With everything going on in the world, I find it incomprehensible that people will write about long hair for 26 pages...gawd, I guess everyone is either bored out of their minds, tired of the ugliness in the world or who knows - rather funny if you think about it...26 pages???
 idahosun
Msg: 282
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 10/13/2007 6:22:15 PM
Yep, robin, I did add to it, wrote about way back on page 12 or something too...I just find it humorous as a topic that just keeps going and going - long live the right to chose
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >