Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tallblonde111
Msg: 286
Long hair on older womenPage 7 of 42    (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42)
I like to have different hair lengths because sometimes I like to change my appearance. My hair has been short, medium, and long. I feel comfortable in all of these hairstyles. Most people tell me that I look better in long hair.
 northwoods57
Msg: 288
Long hair on older women
Posted: 10/22/2007 6:08:55 PM
I love long hair on a woman! it falls great in my face when we are making love. It looks sexy, and a great turn on. its also a evolution thing. Long hair is a sign of being attractive.
She teases me with her hair, and I love giving her scalp rubs, makes her relaxed, and wet.
 Pelicanz
Msg: 291
Long hair on older women
Posted: 10/24/2007 10:29:09 AM
Hey! What about long hair on older men?
 57LEBOWSKI
Msg: 292
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 10/24/2007 12:57:11 PM
yes, i think older women look great with long hair, depends on the individual. i would never expect someone to wear their hair the way i like it, better if they do what they prefer....at what age to give it up?,,hard for me to say, i've seen women in their 60s with long white/gray hair who looked fantastic.
 jenna0303
Msg: 293
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 10/30/2007 12:57:52 PM
Long Hair on older women looks stupid, and so do miniskirts on women over 35.
Long hair actually ages an older woman
 Xavery
Msg: 294
Long hair on older women
Posted: 10/30/2007 9:04:02 PM
People love this thread. Everyone has an opinion. I think these days people can choose to wear their hair long or short. Some "trendy" clothing styles also look good on older women and then there are some that dont. A lot depends on one's body type.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 295
Long hair on older women
Posted: 10/30/2007 11:12:13 PM

Hey! What about long hair on older men?

...If my memory serves me correctly, there was a thread on long hair on older men, you might want to dig it up and see what their all saying....My opinion, what ever makes you feel good...its your hair.... regardless of public opinion...I wear mine short.

...maeflowers
 azannie0530
Msg: 297
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 10/31/2007 5:03:46 PM
I like my hair long.

It's my trademark it seems.

Just look for the 45 year old women in the room with hair down to her behind... I'm easy to spot.

I like to wear in a style that's complimentary to my desire to dress in trendy fashion.

Yeah, men love my hair. I actually like it when they want to touch it.

It doesn't take me any longer to maintain it, than when I used to when it was cut in a particular style. I just wash it at night and let it air dry, and curl it a bit with a curling iron the next morning... piece of cake!

I say wear your hair the way that makes you feel your best! It's all in the attitude anyway!

Annie
 Sanschele
Msg: 298
Long hair on older women
Posted: 10/31/2007 5:19:04 PM
I wear my hair any length I choose to. Right now it's blonde and down to my waist.

My 4 cat's grew tired of the "common catnip rats" and balls that go "bing" in the night. My cat's now go for my "hair" when wanting to play as it is so long, now.

Thank god I don't have to pay $200.00 bucks a pop again to "get my hair trimmed" as my cat's do it for me.

Sans
 moraima
Msg: 302
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 11/1/2007 9:23:12 PM
"a "certain" age. "

Unfortunately for them, there will always be what I call drones (and I don't mean older women but people who are like worker bees following a pattern they don't question in life) who follow the unwritten "rules" that keep people as compliant as possible. The long hair on older women used to be the social norm for women over 30, when women weren't permitted to make choices for themselves.
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 308
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 11/3/2007 11:34:04 AM
I agree, longer hair is easier to manage! Most people dispute this, but if you're having a "bad hair" day and your hair is short...you can't do anything but wear a hat...with longer hair, you can braid it, clip it, ponytail...whatever.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 314
Long hair on older women
Posted: 11/11/2007 9:46:20 AM

A women is more than her hair, body or clothes. It is what comes from the Soul that makes a woman "Beautiful".
This can also be said for men.

For what good is it to have perfect hair or anything else, if what is inside is empty,dark or shallow.

....You expressed it better than I ever could...I can't believe the number of people are so focused on the length of the hair.

...maeflowers
 gigibuc
Msg: 315
Long hair on older women
Posted: 11/11/2007 11:16:28 AM
no kidding!!!
just do what's good for YOU!
and what makes you look good (to YOU)
age should not be the reason you are cutting it!
be grateful it still grows!!!
 moraima
Msg: 318
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 11/14/2007 3:18:38 PM
I can say that my hair has nothing to do with anyone except myself. I would be horrified if I didn't have my long hair for some reason. I can't emphasis enough how much I love my hair. I care what I see in the mirror. I don't care what others see. I can't for a moment think why they would care what other peoples hair is like all that much.
 bikatera
Msg: 319
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 11/14/2007 4:00:11 PM
Dont like women to look like men...short hair does not make a woman look younger, just more masculine....and I dont like a lady to use roids and grow a mustache either! lol
 yayawhatever
Msg: 323
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 11/15/2007 1:16:15 PM
Off Topic Posting removed. Address the topic and not other posters.

Thanks to those who remained on topic.

moraima
Msg: 325
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 11/16/2007 9:50:25 PM
"I can't believe the number of people are so focused on the length of the hair. "

I sure have to agree.

I received a couple of message from a man, and told me a polite no thanks. His response was "I will think of your hair often"................ew.
 zangie
Msg: 327
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 11/18/2007 1:18:26 AM
As soon as I hit forty..my grandmother in particular kept nagging me to cut my hair. I was like...what does age have to do with it? I like my hair long. And many men like long hair on women too.

I compromised a little, not because of societal reasons, but because it was getting harder to take care of ( it was to my waist), now, it hangs roughly just below my shoulders. My hairdresser still tries to get me to cut it shorter..and grandma will always be grandma... I think it looks just fine on me.

I'm lucky because I have no gray air yet...but, I'm guessing when it starts turning gray I will color it..and keep the length..

I think you should wear it however you like it.
 LINDEE-1
Msg: 330
Long hair on older women
Posted: 11/23/2007 3:13:10 PM
I for one love my short and sexy hair cut...I found it easy when riding with top off (car) and I dont look wind blown. Aslo takes me 15 min. from shower to out the door....Easy for my man to kiss my neck from behind also ....
I didnt do it because of my age, but do think at a certian age women shouldn't try and look like a 20 something. But lets be real, men like long hair on women...why?????
 PacificStar
Msg: 332
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 11/24/2007 9:44:10 AM
I think long hair versus short hair is what looks good on the person and what makes the person feel good about themself. It is one of the few places we get to be individuals or identify with a group and I think that should be a free choice.

Some long styles look more youthful than others because we have been socialized that some are age approriate but I don't know that I buy into even that arguement. My preference is for braids because I like the pattern and enjoy when loved ones share the time together; not because they are and ethnic marker. My guardians thought cutting my hair would make me look less Native and boy did that flop. lol Turns out I looked more like my siblings that all followed the "pixie" style at the time.

I have had my hair both long and short. I don't think either radically affected my sensuality. My experience is men have preferences and it hurts their feelings, if you ignore their's as a mate, but if a guy is only in love with my hairstyle then I am with the wrong person.

I find the long hair easier to wash, style, and control and certainly less expensive to maintain. Mine is real straight and not all that thick so with out a talented hair dresser it would be very plain long or short. Since electric shock probably wouldn't curl mine I gave up on the curlers idea long ago.

I tend to like hair ribbons, barrets and other hair jewlery that works better with long hair. Since many are travel souvieners and gifts from my friends and family I would miss wearing them so probably won't cut my hair anytime soon.

My only bottom line is if you have hair keep it clean and out of my food, machinery, or keyboard. If you are going to work where it is going to be an issue keep it covered male or female equally. Really grosses me out people who scratch, comb, twist, chew, or other wise mess with their hair where cleanliness should be a consideration.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 333
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 11/24/2007 10:44:14 AM
30 pages of personal opinions is way too much for me to consider. I can't explain why, but, cutting my hair is not an option. I know that I should take "majority rules" but still I grow old with my long hair. I'm happiest with my hair thrown into a ponytail and only style it when an occassion arises. I guess I better rethink this long hair on older women. That is, WHEN I become an older woman.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 334
Long hair on older women
Posted: 11/24/2007 12:21:05 PM

Since WHEN is a woman approaching 50 years of age considered a YOUNG woman ????? (well she might be compared to a woman 90)

...Well since you state on your profile your 101 years of age....I would say 50 would be considered pretty young.

....maeflowers
 HOTPINKANGEL
Msg: 339
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 11/25/2007 12:08:47 PM
Cigars.....I believe you are a very handsome fella....why is it you are single???...(smiles) Probably cause you do not live near Illinois..lol
 feedem
Msg: 341
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 4/23/2008 6:43:13 AM
One thing about long hair..........you can be on the far side of the bed.......and still get hair in your mouth!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >