Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 paradoxas
Msg: 442
view profile
History
Long hair on older womenPage 9 of 42    (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42)
I've had long hair since I was 12 years old. It's very low maintainence, and I don't ever plan to cut it. I'm too old and set in my ways to experiment with new hairstyles now. Besides, it grows really slowly, so it would take me years to get it long again if I cut it and then decided I didn't like it.
I'm six feet tall, and have always felt that having long hair sort of balanced things out. I think women with short hair tend to look somewhat taller than women with longer hair, and I sure don't want to look any taller.
In my experience, men do like long hair, but that's never been a dealbreaker. I'm 53 and I do think it makes me look younger - I know it makes me feel better about how I look, and that's what counts.
 paradoxas
Msg: 443
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 6/1/2008 4:36:06 PM
Take a look at my profile and tell me if you really think I look like Lily Munster. Could you possibly sound any dumber?
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 446
Long hair on older women
Posted: 6/1/2008 9:00:36 PM
.....I personally would prefer to date a man who finds me attractive regardless of the length of my hair....not because of it. Now thats appealing to me.

...maeflowers
 SaraMana
Msg: 447
Long hair on older women
Posted: 6/2/2008 7:05:49 AM
YOU are CORRECT....it's an OPINION, not an edict

But looking back on some of the profiles on this site

and specifically on this topic, I could not help but shake my head

and laugh....and wonder if some even own a mirror, or a full-length

mirror.....surely a woman can DO what she wishes !....for godssake

that's what liberty is about......however, they should not capitulate

good taste for convenience, or appropriateness for the preference of men

either.

Heck, I've seen over 45-50 year old women still attempting to wear

micro minis, and 'short-shorts' like they are 19 ! I suppose they 'think'

they look good with that on, when in fact it seems to look foolish and

a bit out of place.....like bare midriff halter tops paired with the short-shorts !

My goodness !! do they have ANY SENSE of 'timing' ?? any remaining sense

of 'style', in re 'age' ?? COMMON SENSE would seem to dictate that as time

moves ON, women should adapt better methodologies and attitudes about

'style', and whether exceedingly long hair is the best 'presentation'. I have asked

many many professional stylists (both men and women), and the vast majority

agree that most well over 40 women (most not all) should not maintain

'school girl length' hair, and most stylists that I have spoken with agree with

the supposition that many women hold on to 'that look' in an attempt to

'hold on' to yesteryear in a very feeble attempt. The majority of those stylists

suggested alternative 'styles' that complimented an 'aging face', jawline, skin tone,

and neckline..........all aspects of a woman that CHANGE dramatically with

age. Most stated this position simply matter of factly with very little equivocation.

Again, looking at some of the profiles here on POF, I really don't think that some

of these women truly get that message, or are blind, or are simply trying to fool

themselves........................

Ever seen a decent looking well-over 40 year old woman with a

butt tattoo ? or a tired looking 50 year old woman with a leg, or an upper breast

tattoo??? Sorry.......that's looks downright silly.....but the shameful thing

is that they don't even know it....

The 'aging process' should not just bring wrinkles.....

It should bring a bit of 'wisdom' through inevitable CHANGE.
 SaraMana
Msg: 448
Long hair on older women
Posted: 6/2/2008 7:08:41 AM
Ditto on 'school girl BANGS'......it doesn't work most times

just look at some of these people on the street
 Moonchild51
Msg: 450
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 6/2/2008 10:34:09 AM
Wow! Some very strong opinions shared in this forum for sure! But that is just what makes the world go round!
I wear mine long. First time in years that I have done so. Child rearing, marriage, house, no time to primp for many years. Now that I have the extra time, I enjoy having my long hair back. Who knows how long I will keep it? Besides, I happen to like Lilly Munster dawlinks!!!
 bethanysheart
Msg: 452
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 6/2/2008 7:02:03 PM
In my culture as in many long hair is a sign of personal power. Meaning - the woman who takes care of her hair of any length holds her own power. She likes herself enough to have it trimmed when needed and keeps it clean. I will be 58 in a couple of weeks, my hair is long and I like it that way. I wash my hair everynight and condition it. I have always washed my hair everyday so replies as to this being bad for my hair is something that I do not wish to hear. My hairdresser says my hair is very strong and healthy. Since I like my hair the way it is that is all that matters to me. I figure men who want women wth short hair or long hair have their own desires and reasons for this.
Hair is beautiful as is the person who keeps it well.
 SaraMana
Msg: 457
Long hair on older women
Posted: 6/3/2008 6:44:48 AM
"Opinion" need not be vetted, to be issued....

It's equally as 'foolish' to 'battle' over 'opinion'..

"Opinion" need not be agreed to...that too is silly...

Whether or not a woman accepts some basic axioms about age-appropriateness is telling indeed.

The process of aging dictates some common sense...A 50 year old chunky woman wearing micro minis, short-shorts with long hair down her back can look a bit inappropriate to say the least.....unless of course she is deluded into believing the 'mirror, mirror on the wall'.......which, by definition is quite delusional.

But of course, every woman has the right to be delusional and inappropriate...that's a given..........others have the right to exercise a thing called good judgment, taste and a bit of common sense.

To each his own......but everyone still has the right to peruse, comment, and of course laugh out loud.

You know who you are.

No one must agree...that's called freedom
 SaraMana
Msg: 459
Long hair on older women
Posted: 6/3/2008 8:59:33 AM
and she has the right to look positively foolish doing so ^^

no doubt.....

she also has the right to think she still has the attributes of yesteryear as well....even when the mirror suggests otherwise...

There's something to be said about an aging, wrinkled 50 year old wearing short-shorts, five inch heels, and a lingerie, midriff top as well.....

such is life
 Moonchild51
Msg: 460
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 6/3/2008 9:02:59 AM
^^^Not sure just where you have been looking, but I have not found that to be an issue! All things in moderation keeping good taste in mind. And truly? If one does not care for another's looks or the way they present, they do not have to look, correct???
 guyot
Msg: 461
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 6/3/2008 9:35:07 AM
I absolutely love long hair on older women. I don't see why age has anything to do with it. I don't think of long hair as being a graceless attempt to appear youthful at all. If the hair is nice, why not?

-Gray
 SaraMana
Msg: 462
Long hair on older women
Posted: 6/3/2008 9:37:16 AM
^^^ THE SALIENT POINT IT SEEMS remains 'one must look' FIRST in order to ascertain what is 'cared for'....

that should be easy enough to comprehend methinks....

one always must "look" then decide, not 'decide' first....

whew....quite silly reasoning

to each his own.....
 rearguard*2
Msg: 465
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 6/3/2008 1:17:56 PM
I dislike older women with long hair and wearing certain fashions as well. Of course, the "older" part is not related to my taste, nor is the "long hair" part. There are just some fashions that women wear that I don't find appealing.....

In fact, it may not even be related to the fashions, either !

No doubt about it, however, there are some fashions that I just love, especially on older women with long, luxurious, flowing, glistening hair falling across a magnificent pair of....oh well, you can probably fill in the rest....
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 466
Long hair on older women
Posted: 6/3/2008 1:56:38 PM

No doubt about it, however, there are some fashions that I just love, especially on older women with long, luxurious, flowing, glistening hair falling across a magnificent pair of....oh well, you can probably fill in the rest....

* Pop *....you just burst my bubble. That just goes to show you, you can please some of the men some of the time...but not all of the men all the time.

...maeflowers
 rearguard*2
Msg: 468
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 6/3/2008 2:13:35 PM
You just have not seen me extolling the virtues of short haired women. But, I do.....:)
 outlawtomboy
Msg: 470
Long hair on older women
Posted: 6/3/2008 5:01:58 PM
my hair is long because i like it that way and it feels comfortable to me. mine was a few inches below my waist before a 6 inch trim. now it's a couple of inches above my waist. i find a shorter cut to be MUCH more trouble to style. when mine was shorter i felt limited, with no way to dress it up for evening wear. it was the same ol tiresome do day after day

it's not that i think long hair is the only way to go. not all hair is suited for a long length. i frequently admire attractive shorter cuts

At what age should/would women "give up the locks" to remain attractive and "in style"?

who says that's what it takes?
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 471
Long hair on older women
Posted: 6/3/2008 6:36:20 PM

You just have not seen me extolling the virtues of short haired women. But, I do.....:)

Uh huh.....* rolls her eyes * Thousands would not buy that for a minute....you just got caught with your hands in the cookie jar.

...maeflowers
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 472
Long hair on older women
Posted: 6/4/2008 6:20:03 AM

The 'long' and the 'short' of it is
it's what's above the neck and 'between the ears' that attracts me most to a man

...For the most part yes....as well as other areas of the male anatomy haha

...maeflowers
 Moonchild51
Msg: 473
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 6/4/2008 6:52:46 AM
Oh Miss Mae, ya makes me laugh!
I think Mr./Miss Saraman is just a troll to be quite honest. If not? To each their own I say. Right gals?
 Moonchild51
Msg: 474
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 6/4/2008 7:12:27 AM
^^^Well my good man?
I can understand that sometimes certain things do not look appealing on either a male or a female. I do ok for my age and have never been accused of acting/dressing like a teenager. And quite frankly? That is all that is important to me. You are most entitled to your opinion, the same as I am and the rest of the folks that have posted here....
 SaraMana
Msg: 475
Long hair on older women
Posted: 6/4/2008 7:13:25 AM
Since you wanted to know Ms RUNNING :

PhD ? well no.....but I didn't see a MBA/JD box to check

fair enough ?

Second point : What's with the personal attack ?? that is unnecessary and is

revealing about YOU.....why do you find it necessary to attempt to attack a

poster personally, as opposed to the content of the post ?

Cheap, stupid stuff
 SaraMana
Msg: 478
Long hair on older women
Posted: 6/4/2008 9:53:07 AM
geez.....some of you folks have been spending a bit

much too much time in front of the glow of the flatscreen

I guess.

I don't care in the least whether you 'get it'....that's not essential at

all in re 'opinion'.

Third grade, snide, or banal personal attacks seem ineffective

as well...but not totally unexpected......but the surly, instructive

tone is also revealing.

Have fun
 GiGi046
Msg: 479
view profile
History
Long hair on older women
Posted: 6/4/2008 9:56:44 AM
I think you need to get a life......I wear longer hair and quite frankly I could care less what you think, MBA or not. I'm not trying to impress you. At this point in my life it's about what I like and want not some anal man...........like I said get a life and then worry about everyone else........
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >