Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 edjoecdn
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Should a disability be in a persons profile?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Hey I have a disability, it isn't apparent, it isn't physical....!!!

Am I going to go around and tell people I'm nuts, crazy, weird, off the wall.... and a man!

Heck, no I'm going to see if they can see it for themselves... and if they don't ....
Muhahahahahaha ,.... the lil devil in me will just "come out"..muhahahahahah

Foot note: I in no way mean to be derogatory or insulting to those with bonifide challanges, regardless of the condition. The above was meant for pure neandruthul humour from a MAN with potentially very poor taste.... and timeing and.... well the list is long... which is why I posted in the first place....

< Yaeh I know I deserve one in da smooze....
 chickonchick
Msg: 30
Should a disability be in a persons profile?
Posted: 1/24/2007 6:46:08 PM
I will choose who to tell about my disability, when I feel it is the right person, right time. I will not post it in open sight for people.
IMO it is not anyones business unless we have been communicating. Anyone I am not in communication with need not know.
I don't want it to be a deciding factor, either way. Some would not contact me because of it, but some would make contact because of it, to ask questions.
Nothing is lost by me not listing it, as I tell folks pretty early on. No date or meet n greet until that happens, so no big deal.
 Just 4 You
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2008 4:06:26 PM
That would be helpful to people seeking someone who can relate. Someone who's going in for an operation and wants to talk to others who've had it done. Doctors may say they've done it to many people, but they can't give names and let you talk to any of them, as that's confidential. But of course they'll tell you to look on the bright side... if your doctor has 10 patients with the same condition as you, then multiply ten by the number of doctors in the phone book and there's thousands of people out there! So they think it should be easy for you to find someone! They just can't tell you.
 juan mo oclock
Msg: 32
Posted: 10/20/2008 11:35:51 PM
my disabilites are displayed in my photos................and my profile............and my posts....and my emails...........and im's.............and in person..............which makes me endearing or the object of pity but hell the chicks isa diggin me and thats cool............
 juan mo oclock
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/25/2008 5:40:37 PM
so are there natural scents that you can tolerate?........no i don't mean eau du boudoir after scents either..........and with me being a mechanic, would the gassinfgoff of my work enviroment be too much for you?..............myself i can understand how you feel as smokers can be smelt they have indulged by me for quite a while after........
 guyot
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2008 9:15:47 AM
It seems to me that the decision is completely the prerogative of the each individual, and that there is no right or wrong answer. I do think that both practical considerations and etiquette strongly favor revealing the fact that you have some sort of disability before meeting, or before too much time goes on. Only a little detail needs to be divulged. Sweet Alicya's proposal for example can be a good and even subtle method, and that can be done with a private photo.

I wish all of you the very best "fishing."
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  >