Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Vasectomy - what's the big deal?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 doctexas01
Msg: 76
Vasectomy - what's the big deal?Page 4 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
I did at 40, no regrets at all. I shoot blanks, but shoot straight!
 cabman86
Msg: 77
Vasectomy - what's the big deal?
Posted: 10/6/2006 2:41:48 AM
a friend of minehad one and went back to work about 2-3 days later. a police officer.

the first person he tried to arrest kicked him in the groin. it was all we could do to keep him from shooting the guy.
 Whataboutme2
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2006 2:46:10 AM
What's the big deal? Hey its not a big deal. Got mine 12 years ago...yeah I shoot blanks but I can have sex anytime and anyplace and not have to worry about her getting prego!

However where is she.....so I cant get her prego
 METALLlC BLUE
Msg: 79
Posted: 10/6/2006 4:32:07 AM
I'm not thrilled with the idea of have an incision made in my scrotum, and having my testicles separated from my body in one form or another. You'll have to excuse me if the concept makes me cringe in horror.
 EastSideEddie
Msg: 80
Posted: 10/6/2006 4:39:34 AM
Reversal is POSSIBLE but the success rate is very low. Trying to reconnect 2 ends of a cut swizzle stick.....

Geekalicious I have to take offense at your logic that "If her husband (who was a complete fat ***hole by the way) would have had the vasectomy this wouldn't have happened."

How many other "if's" could we apply?

If they would just stop having sex there would be no birth control needed...
If they had only oral sex there would be no birth control needed.
If he used condoms...
If she took birth cotrol pills...
If she used contraceptive foam...
If they used the rhythm method....
If...if...if...

Apparently you don't like this man and want to blame him for a blameless situation.

Too many people don't understand that the fertility doesn't stop the day of the surgery, either tubal ligation or vasectomy. Depending on which book you read, the next 8-10 ejaculations still contain sperm and other methods need to be in place until a second sperm count is taken. There is still sperm below where they cut the vas and the men are still fertile until those are passed. The same with ovum.

Gotta read the WHOLE pamphlet!
 Horror_film_Mark
Msg: 81
Posted: 10/6/2006 4:46:32 AM
in the end ,even with the surgery there is a 0.03% possibility of conceiving.
 TishaG
Msg: 82
Posted: 10/6/2006 4:51:23 AM

better to let you tough ladies take care of that issue....

Yeah..like I haven't been putting chemicals (bc pills) in my body long enough. I was on the pill since age 19 and frankly..I don't want to anymore. I stopped a few months ago and refuse to whether I begin a new relationship or not. It's about time men had to deal with this issue. We women have enough to deal with.
 EastSideEddie
Msg: 83
Posted: 10/6/2006 5:27:55 AM
Yeah! You'll show 'em!!!

You'll have a baby (father undetermined) and THAT will show those men who's boss!!!

Men HAVE been dealing with "this issue".

What an awful sexist attitude....

"We women have enough to deal with".

What do "you women" have to deal with that "we men" don't?

Going to work every day? I do that.
Paying bills? I do that.
Shopping? I do that.
Cooking? Cleaning? Laundry? I do all of that too.

Do you know what year this is?

That kind of anti-male combatitive attitude died in the 70s.

Or do you possibly WANT to have a baby so you can get money from a man every week?

Sorry, but the militant sexist attitude is going to hurt you at some point.
 dorkfully geekalicious
Msg: 84
Posted: 10/6/2006 6:17:56 AM

"We women have enough to deal with".

What do "you women" have to deal with that "we men" don't?

She was talking about female things like the birth control pill, carrying a child for nine months, labour and delivery. It has nothing to do with anti-male or militant sexist attitude but I have a feeling your bitterness may be a problem.
 EastSideEddie
Msg: 85
Posted: 10/6/2006 6:26:56 AM
I am only bitter when women attack men.

Ever looked at how many "WHY DO ALL MEN....." posts there are vs how many "WHY DO ALL WOMEN...." posts?

4 times as many anti male posts. A man doesn't find a woman attactive and doesn't want to see her again, an anti male "WHY DO MEN" post follows within the next hour.

Birth control is not one person's responsibility. It's the lack of recognizing that the baby that may be created is a living person who needs to be cared for that is the problem.

To blame a man for a woman's physical malady is ludicrous and sexist.

That's the same logic that sees people sue Ford because someone has an accident, the logic being that had Ford not built the car in 2002 that the person wouldn't have been driving it (possibly drunk and 120 miles per hour) so it's Ford's fault.

Everybody is SO anxious to assign blame in this litigious society....

How is it that you don't talk about the "male things" like stopping in the middle of a passionate encounter to put on a condom, and possibly seeing Elvis leave the building in the meantime?

Please leave the "women have it tougher" speech to Gloria Steinem and Germaine Greer, okay? This is a shared responsibility.
 rainbowfishh
Msg: 86
Posted: 10/6/2006 6:27:06 AM
they need a male birth control pill or implant...

that is coming.... it is only fair.

They can implant some hormones in a guys
upper arm or his scotum or something.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 87
Posted: 10/6/2006 6:28:20 AM
SOME men are just sissy cry-babies.

About the pin near the eye..big deal. I had Lasix eye surgery. Awake and got to WATCH the doctor as he sliced through my cornea and peeled it back and poked around in there.

So what's a little snip snip compared to the possible alternative..waaa waaaaa waaaaaaa waa waaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa for about 18 years. kinda logical choice if you ask me.

I soooo agree with this, whatever happened to men being strong and able to handle everything and taking care of their own problems and all that? From this thread I'd swear it was a myth. Some of you were smart and handled your own business, but some of you....good Lord!

I read somewhere women can generally deal with pain more than men, and I always wondered about it till I was older. Now I know...seems women go to doctors quicker, have surgeries they need more readily and take pain and recovery better.

Pffft....for the men who are whining about having this done, suck it up. Either be proactive and have it done quick, easy and cheap or keep your mouths shut about accidental pregnancies and marry her and/or fork over the child support. We don't want to hear about it anymore.

I am only addressing men who don't want kids. For those of you who are able to afford a bunch of children financially and don't mind the daddy thing, go forth and prosper.
 Just_Jay79
Msg: 88
Posted: 10/6/2006 6:38:27 AM
She was talking about female things like the birth control pill, carrying a child for nine months, labour and delivery. It has nothing to do with anti-male or militant sexist attitude but I have a feeling your bitterness may be a problem.

Dorkfully_geekalicious each of the womanly things you mentioned is still optional:

1) Not every woman takes the birth control pill - some can't stand the hormones messing around with their system and body, and prefer alternative methods of birth control

2) Carrying a child for nine months - you're close to making it sound as if every woman on the planet carries a bun in the oven 24/7 365 days a year, not every woman conceives, and most don't have more than two or three kids. Granted that's 27+ months of arduous physical strain, but when stretched out over the timeline of their lifespan is still a minor fraction (for something most seem to want so badly I may add), and not as bad as some of the adamant female posters are making it sound, at least in my opinion.

3) As for labour and delivery - well you win there, it plain sucks and I certainly wouldn't wish it on anyone. However as per point 2 above, not every woman goes through it, and labour itself is a painful experience that stretches over days, which is an even smaller fraction when divided over the typical woman's lifespan than the pregnancy itself. Heck I've spent a week or two in the hospital in mind-numbing pain for surgery, but I don't whine about it. It happens, you deal with it, or don't bother having kids if it bothers you that much

All this anti-male and anti-female sentiment is just making me sick to my stomach

We each have our own trials and tribulations to undergo, and just because you have the CAPACITY for pregnancy does not mean life is all that much worse for you (especially since no one is forcing you to exercise that capacity if you don't want to).

Good day to all the men and women of POF, let's just get along and find some romance in our lives
 Bryantinfl
Msg: 89
Posted: 10/6/2006 6:41:51 AM
What's the big deal? Hey its not a big deal. Got mine 12 years ago...yeah I shoot blanks but I can have sex anytime and anyplace and not have to worry about her getting prego!

However where is she.....so I cant get her prego

RIGHT HERE whataboutme2, right here!.

That is the healthy, mature attitude I'm looking for in a male over 40. "I may be shooting blanks but I can have sex ANYTIME and ANYPLACE and not have to worry about getting her pregnant. THAT my friends (members of the opposite sex) is the type of freedom that I'm looking for.

Bryantinfl
Msg: 90
Posted: 10/6/2006 6:52:05 AM
better to let you tough ladies take care of that issue....

Yeah..like I haven't been putting chemicals (bc pills) in my body long enough. I was on the pill since age 19 and frankly..I don't want to anymore. I stopped a few months ago and refuse to whether I begin a new relationship or not. It's about time men had to deal with this issue. We women have enough to deal with.

That rubbed me the wrong way too Tishag.

Here are some facts about the pill that you men might not be aware of.

1. The birth control pill makes many women nauseous.
2. The birth control pill causes MANY, MANY, (MOST) women's sex drive to decrease.
3. The birth control pill is expensive. A monthly feel you must pay for the rest of your life.
4. The birth control pill is medicine. Medicine you must take every day for the rest of your life.
5. The birth control pill causes leg cramps for many, many women.
6. The birth control pill causes some women to gain weight.
7. The birth control pill causes some women to break out with acne.
8. The birth control pill can only work effectively for so long, then you have to give your body a break...get off them for a bit before resuming. But when is this cut off? How do you know when too long is too long? When you get pregnant?

Weigh that against a man going in for a quick procedure and possibly have a day or two of pain. It's just not fair. I think I'm going to change my profile to say I'm searching for a man who's had a Vasectomy and will date no other.
 Horror_film_Mark
Msg: 91
Posted: 10/6/2006 9:01:13 AM
3. The birth control pill is expensive. A monthly feel you must pay for the rest of your life.
4. The birth control pill is medicine. Medicine you must take every day for the rest of your life.

even after menopause?
heheh
 dorkfully geekalicious
Msg: 92
Posted: 10/6/2006 9:18:14 AM
All I said was that the woman was talking about FEMALE things. Taking a birth control pill is a female thing, carrying a child is a female thing, labour is a female thing. Men can't do any of this. All I was trying to point out was those were the female things the poster was talking about. She didn't mean cooking, cleaning and laundry. Someone thought that's what she meant. I was showing them that's NOT what she meant. There was nothing written in between the lines. And those of you that saw something in that, need some help.
 dorkfully geekalicious
Msg: 93
Posted: 10/6/2006 9:21:26 AM

Dorkfully_geekalicious each of the womanly things you mentioned is still optional:

1) Not every woman takes the birth control pill - some can't stand the hormones messing around with their system and body, and prefer alternative methods of birth control

2) Carrying a child for nine months - you're close to making it sound as if every woman on the planet carries a bun in the oven 24/7 365 days a year, not every woman conceives, and most don't have more than two or three kids. Granted that's 27+ months of arduous physical strain, but when stretched out over the timeline of their lifespan is still a minor fraction (for something most seem to want so badly I may add), and not as bad as some of the adamant female posters are making it sound, at least in my opinion.

3) As for labour and delivery - well you win there, it plain sucks and I certainly wouldn't wish it on anyone. However as per point 2 above, not every woman goes through it, and labour itself is a painful experience that stretches over days, which is an even smaller fraction when divided over the typical woman's lifespan than the pregnancy itself. Heck I've spent a week or two in the hospital in mind-numbing pain for surgery, but I don't whine about it. It happens, you deal with it, or don't bother having kids if it bothers you that much

WHERE WHERE WHERE do you get any of that over me saying that those three things are a female thing? Wow. Who was complaining about labour and delivery? Who was complaining about taking a birth control pill? Who said anything about every women in the world having a baby?

Re read what I said. You have some issues. I stated a simple fact...those are the female things the poster was meaning. Don't attack ME!
 dorkfully geekalicious
Msg: 94
Posted: 10/6/2006 9:23:48 AM

To blame a man for a woman's physical malady is ludicrous and sexist.

I didn't blame him. I didn't say it was solely his fault. Obviously she agreed to it. I was just trying to point out that had he have gotten the vasectomy that wouldn't have happened. You'll be single for a loooooooooooong time ! Good luck!
 ~Bob~
Msg: 95
Posted: 10/6/2006 9:27:37 AM
Which brings the issue one step further.......

....should some men have mandtory vascectomies?
 wonderfulone
Msg: 96
Posted: 10/6/2006 9:39:51 AM
What man wants to talk in a higher voice and have his breasts harden sooner as he ages?
 TishaG
Msg: 97
Posted: 10/6/2006 9:52:51 AM

Thank you for explaining. That is exactly what I meant, not to mention, menopause, our sex organs changing (which bc pills make worse), hot flashes, and many other maladys/gender specific diseases brought on by birth control, that women get and men don't. I wasn't in anyway bashing men. (Who pissed in his cornflakes this morning?) I just think that responsible women who have been taking care not to get pregnant in the first half of their life, deserve to have someone take over that responsibilty. And to his remarks about me getting pregnant by not being responsible? He's being an azzzz by saying that. I've been responsible for the last 20+ years..why would I not now? I just don't want to do it chemically. Besides..I doubt I'll be having sex unless someone REALLY great walks into my life. Just like Elaine on Seinfeld said..."he's gotta be spongeworthy"....lol
 TishaG
Msg: 98
Posted: 10/6/2006 9:59:26 AM

How is it that you don't talk about the "male things" like stopping in the middle of a passionate encounter to put on a condom, and possibly seeing Elvis leave the building in the meantime?

I CANNOT believe you just equated losing your erection because "omg..i have to slip on a condom", to a woman possibly getting all kinds of cancers from putting doses of hormones in her body over many years!!!!!!!!!! Oh dear..you poor man. You might be embarrassed because your soldier isn't saluting anymore.
 EastSideEddie
Msg: 99
Posted: 10/6/2006 10:02:16 AM
Hey guys, what's this? Do we have a femi-nazi sighting here? Anti-male no matter what the circumstance and situation?

getting all kinds of cancers from putting doses of hormones in her body

Could you be a LITTLE more dramatic please?

Maybe just abstain..... ??
 Just_Jay79
Msg: 100
Posted: 10/6/2006 10:41:41 AM
Dorfully_geekalicious said:
WHERE WHERE WHERE do you get any of that over me saying that those three things are a female thing? Wow. Who was complaining about labour and delivery? Who was complaining about taking a birth control pill? Who said anything about every women in the world having a baby?

Re read what I said. You have some issues. I stated a simple fact...those are the female things the poster was meaning. Don't attack ME!

Dorkfully_geekalicious I am not trying to attack you personally, I've enjoyed your posts in numerous forums over time

However your message I replied to involved you quoting EastSideEddie's statement questioning whether women have it harder than men, then you went on to try and explain on the OP's behalf some of the issues women deal with, which were the three things I enumerated in my reply: birth control, carrying a child, labour.

All I said was that your post sounded dangerously CLOSE to implying that all women have to deal with this 24/7, which I tried to explain simply isn't the case because the number of pregnancies the average woman undergoes is fairly small, and the timespan of inconvenience caused by said pregnancy is but a small fraction of their lives (and that's not even taking into account that child-rearing is optional, no one is forcing people to do it).

I bear you no animosity whatsoever, that's just how I read your post and I apologize if I've misinterpreted your intentions.

P.S.: The only issues I currently have are an advanced reticence towards the worth of dating in general. I'm only 27 and am already rather weary of the whole hassle.

P.P.S.: Please note that on the earlier pages I have already stated that I fully support vasectomies and believe them to be a logical and rational expectation once you've reached a certain age or point in your life where you do not desire children (or additional ones). What I've simply debated here is a few poster's implications that women have things harder than men, I believe life is pretty crappy for ALL of us all around...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Vasectomy - what's the big deal?