Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Vasectomy - what's the big deal?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ~Bob~
Msg: 95
Vasectomy - what's the big deal?Page 4 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Which brings the issue one step further.......

....should some men have mandtory vascectomies?
 wonderfulone
Msg: 96
Vasectomy - what's the big deal?
Posted: 10/6/2006 9:39:51 AM
What man wants to talk in a higher voice and have his breasts harden sooner as he ages?
 TishaG
Msg: 97
Posted: 10/6/2006 9:52:51 AM

She was talking about female things like the birth control pill, carrying a child for nine months, labour and delivery. It has nothing to do with anti-male or militant sexist attitude but I have a feeling your bitterness may be a problem.

Thank you for explaining. That is exactly what I meant, not to mention, menopause, our sex organs changing (which bc pills make worse), hot flashes, and many other maladys/gender specific diseases brought on by birth control, that women get and men don't. I wasn't in anyway bashing men. (Who pissed in his cornflakes this morning?) I just think that responsible women who have been taking care not to get pregnant in the first half of their life, deserve to have someone take over that responsibilty. And to his remarks about me getting pregnant by not being responsible? He's being an azzzz by saying that. I've been responsible for the last 20+ years..why would I not now? I just don't want to do it chemically. Besides..I doubt I'll be having sex unless someone REALLY great walks into my life. Just like Elaine on Seinfeld said..."he's gotta be spongeworthy"....lol
 TishaG
Msg: 98
Posted: 10/6/2006 9:59:26 AM

How is it that you don't talk about the "male things" like stopping in the middle of a passionate encounter to put on a condom, and possibly seeing Elvis leave the building in the meantime?

I CANNOT believe you just equated losing your erection because "omg..i have to slip on a condom", to a woman possibly getting all kinds of cancers from putting doses of hormones in her body over many years!!!!!!!!!! Oh dear..you poor man. You might be embarrassed because your soldier isn't saluting anymore.
 EastSideEddie
Msg: 99
Posted: 10/6/2006 10:02:16 AM
Hey guys, what's this? Do we have a femi-nazi sighting here? Anti-male no matter what the circumstance and situation?

getting all kinds of cancers from putting doses of hormones in her body

Could you be a LITTLE more dramatic please?

Maybe just abstain..... ??
 justaman72
Msg: 101
Posted: 10/6/2006 11:30:37 AM

I just think that responsible women who have been taking care not to get pregnant in the first half of their life, deserve to have someone take over that responsibilty.

That doesn't sound very "responsible" to me. If you have reached a point where you know you never want to have children, take responsibility for yourself and get sterilized. The Essure method is easy and has very few risks and a short recovery time.

The same goes for guys out there. If you know you don't want to have kids ever, with your current woman or with any women in the future, get a vasectomy. But do it because you want to do it, not because you are being pressured. Some women on this thread have said that men who don't want vasectomies need to "be a man" or "suck it up". Others have implied that they would withhold sex if he refused. These attitudes are selfish and manipulative and women that do things like that should be promptly shown the door.

Women, why keep holding onto resentment for men because they don't want to get snipped? Take responsibility for your own reproductive issues.
 TishaG
Msg: 102
Posted: 10/6/2006 11:47:14 AM

That doesn't sound very "responsible" to me. If you have reached a point where you know you never want to have children, take responsibility for yourself and get sterilized.

Obviously..some aren't hearing what I'm saying. I'm not talking about meeting someone and before the relationship goes any further, DEMANDING that they get snipped. I'm talking about where two people are already involved. Their discussion..their decision. I never once said anything about pressuring anyone to do anything. If a guy I was with was dead set against it..then he'd have to respect my decision to stick with condoms or the sponge because at 44 years old..and my family history..I'm NOT putting hormones in my body anymore, unless a doctor tells me I'll die without them. Christ..why is it on these boards when someone has a different opinion, some others perceive what they write as vicious and proceed to act like a child and flame them. I thought these forums were for everyone..whether we all agree or disagree. I'm done.
 ~Bob~
Msg: 104
Posted: 10/6/2006 12:11:59 PM
Tiger Woods Y'all!

Couldn't have put it better myself......very well spoken.

The only thing worth adding is that a vasectomy is not sperm.....er...fool-proof. Just because you have had one....does not mean biology has given up. They have a nasty habit of occasionally sending new sprouts and reconnecting services so to speak.

What would you name a child who was conceived post vasectomy? Name it after the milkman?
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2006 1:18:44 PM
When did this turn into "vasectomy vs tubal ligation"?

It grows clearer on the "why are there so many singles these days" question though. If HE doesn't want kids HE can get a vasectomy, use condoms, etc, if SHE doesn't want kids SHE can opt for tubal ligation, diaphram use or a myriad of other options that are available for women currently. If it happens to be a couple THEY can weight the options, effectiveness, and any side effetct TOGETHER (hopefully as compassionate adult instead of this me me me attitude I keep seeing)

For those that believe vasectomy is reversible procedure think again...... At best the SUCCESSFUL reversal rate versus ATTEMPTS at reversal is 49-56% (which is really poor considerring that some reconnect with no medical intervention). If you choose this procedure accept that it is likely a permanent change. For some it is suitable and others it is not.
 upperich2000
Msg: 106
Posted: 10/6/2006 1:38:26 PM
had it done not tht big of a deal.....a bag of frozen peas for the day and a couple of tests afterwards.......

love kids but couldnt imagine going through it all over again......
 Whataboutme2
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2006 6:12:55 PM
Thanks Bryantinfl....that made my day! Have to say I am just telling it like I see it. Just me..

Have a great weekend
 justann
Msg: 108
Posted: 10/6/2006 6:29:58 PM
LOL kaos...EXACTLY!!
 Bryantinfl
Msg: 109
Posted: 10/13/2006 8:24:34 AM
Well gang...I'm happy to report that I've found one of those evolved men who took care of this situation years ago.

Got me a vasectomized man. Good Bye birth control pills...Woo Hoo!!!
 Bikeman_
Msg: 110
Posted: 10/13/2006 1:27:49 PM
I still say a guy doesn't need this operation to ensure he won't impregnate a woman. The rhythm method combined with ordinary condoms and common sense is all a man needs. I have nothing against having a surgery if I need one, but this surgery does fall under the elective category, there really is no physical benefit to it like Lasik surgery, and isn't necessarily reversible should the dude change his mind (I'll bet many of you probably know at least one guy who is kicking himself over this procedure AFTER his woman decided to leave him).
 cooldude
Msg: 112
Posted: 10/13/2006 7:38:21 PM
I think a vasectomy is a personal choice that should be respected. Obviously if in a commited relationship the other persons input about it is important. Once its done, a reversal is costly and not always effective. So the choice to do it should be thought out carefully. My wife tried to get me to do one. And in the end I'm glad I didnt. She ended up cheating on me quite a few times anyway. If I get in a relationship were my partner never had children & really wanted to have one, well then it would be too late & might limit my future prospects as my partner wanting to have children. I have a good friend who had one. It was botched up. So now he walks with a permanent limp & has many surgeries to try to fix it. Along with sexual disfunctions. Since he's in the military he happened to sign a waiver that gave away his rights to sue if it went wrong. So I don't really don't care what other people think if I get one or not......because its my choice.
Peace, cooldude
 detourahead
Msg: 113
Posted: 10/14/2006 5:42:21 AM
For some men, their masculinity is tied into the decision to have a vasectomy or not. Since I am not a man, I can't assume to understand the thought process nor get upset if they don't share my point of view. I will say that a man who is in a long term monogamous relationship and opts to get himself fixed instead of having the woman fixed, is a thoughtful and considerate man, the type I would find incredible charming and sexy. Have learned long ago that everyone needs to do what works best for them and had no problems with getting myself fixed instead of my ex. Even though we didn't work out, I have no regrets about the decision because at my age, I have no desire to revisit the baby years.
 mogrl
Msg: 114
Posted: 10/14/2006 6:15:54 AM

So you've already had your kids OR don't want any to begin with. You're over...let's say 40, why wouldn't you get a vasectomy?

would you have a tubal ligation??
 camanchieman
Msg: 115
Posted: 10/14/2006 6:42:41 AM
I have 4 kids and decided that was enough. After my daughter was born, I had that done. I was honored with no pain nor after effects. In fact, I went to work the next day. It was so painless that I for a short time forgot all about it and I hopped off a barge deck to the ground. BIG MISTAKE...lol. Felt like they went to the gorund and bounced back up again.. Never had any problem with it again. Now, my brother sat on the sofa for 3 days with a bag of ice. I guess each is different.
 eastendwoman
Msg: 116
Posted: 10/14/2006 6:47:52 AM
men who are most worried about what a vasectomy could 'mess up' probably don't have much in that department in the first place
 camanchieman
Msg: 117
Posted: 10/14/2006 6:48:24 AM
I also did it because I had 4 children from two marriages. And I don't think I needed to produce anymore children. But my second wife was 12 years younger than me nd IF something happened with our marriage, she could still be young enough to have another family with someone else. Ended up we DID divorce, so my decision to havethat done was a good one. I'm satisfied with my children I have and well, I'm also old enough where I don't want to be raising them at 70 years old either...lol.
 eastendwoman
Msg: 118
Posted: 10/14/2006 6:50:45 AM
so there's link between a vasectomy and protate cancer, there's also a proven link between female birth control and uterine cancer. same difference. your parts are no more important than a woman's
 handyman281
Msg: 119
Posted: 10/14/2006 7:33:13 AM
I've had my vasectomy and have mixed feelings. On one hand, we had three kids and while the arrangements were being made for the procedure, #4 was on the way!!!! Had things gone the way it was planned, she would not be with us and I could not imagine that (she's 4 now), I would be a poorer person for it. On the other hand, it's relieving to know that a #5 is not going to happen, it's just one milestone after another for wifey and I to have the ability to do things together, which after 10 years of child rearing is soooooo nice.
 Bikeman_
Msg: 121
Posted: 10/14/2006 11:57:00 AM
i like the way tonyagirl thinks. an example for women to aim for.

nobody is recommending tubal ligation.

surgeries are not necessarily foolproof. that's why i'd opt for common sense approaches to not "spreading my seed around", i.e. rhythm method and the use of condoms and/or exercising sexual restraint when probability of conception is highest in a woman's cycle. this is much more palatable to me instead of invoking an unnecessary surgery.

i can see how a lady might find her man's voluntary vasectomy to be an act of nobility. in life you measure your risks when doing anything dangerous, where you could lose something you value i recommend careful risk evaluation.
 cooldude
Msg: 122
What's the big deal?
Posted: 10/15/2006 12:47:09 PM
My point is that many of the same women that make off the cuff remarks and comments about what men should do with their bodies are the same women that would raise holly hell if a man told a woman what she can do with hers. The choice on weather or not to get a vasectomy rests with the man and the man alone.
Good point. If the tables were turned, I'm sure there would be hell to pay. I think of it this way, I tend to think, before I say something, how would I feel if I were in the other persons shoes.
 mysymstir
Msg: 123
Post 52.....
Posted: 10/15/2006 1:42:04 PM
More like a "certified moonbat"!

Your post is complete crap and extremely hard on the eyes. Next time use a link, some decent sources and good logic. Were you drinking when you wrote this?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Vasectomy - what's the big deal?